• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 4A Girl Coaches

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, January 17, 2016, 01:45:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Who are the top Girl coaches in 4A
Opinions? Thoughts?

Bulldog92

Not to be a homer but Star City's Becky Brown has to be one of the ones at the top.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 17, 2016, 07:26:02 pm
Not to be a homer but Star City's Becky Brown has to be one of the ones at the top.

I Agree, Star City is always making a strong push at State year in and Year out!!

Ozark Hog

If you are going on wins and a coach who had been at one school forever, you would have to put Charles Berry in the top of the order. It seems like every year they are in the mix. That is hard to do year in and year out.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 18, 2016, 12:31:12 pm
If you are going on wins and a coach who had been at one school forever, you would have to put Charles Berry in the top of the order. It seems like every year they are in the mix. That is hard to do year in and year out.

I Agree

Bulldog92

What is Berrys record and years at Ozark?

Bulldog92

Ozark Hog

Not sure what his record is, but I think he has won a couple of state titles. I believe he is around 80 years old and the boys coach is in his seventy's.

scoutteamshoota

saw an article printed back in 2013 that said he has been at Huntsville for 45 years and had around 1343 wins through that season and two titles and was National Coach of the year in 2007.  I didnt know he was still coaching.  wow

Bulldog92

KingOfNothing

Bulldog92

I can't pull that up. Who is it about?

WattsOzark

Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 19, 2016, 08:33:59 pm
I can't pull that up. Who is it about?
The two coaches at Huntsville Sr High have combined for 2500 wins.

Tomahawk

Chance Johnson is a heck of a coach.  Pottsville is lucky to have him.

Another I worked with in my career - JB Bryant won a lot of games at Valley Springs and Harrison.

Ozark Hog

I would say he is an average coach who is blessed with lots of talent. I have watched several of their games on live stream and was at the Ozark game. Ozark almost beat them without the Ladd girl who is the teams best player. We probably have only two girls who might start on the Pottsville team. We have one who is a good three point shooter as long as no one is on her and we have no bench. What I couldn't figure out is why he didn't press and play uptempo  ball the whole game, with no bench they could have worn us out by half time. Instead he seem to want to slow them down and feed the post player. I must say that didn't not work most of the time, the team seem to not play as well when they slowed it down as they kept making mistakes.
Its hard to tell how good either team is because the 4-4A is down this year, you have two teams at the top and the rest are pretty weak. I would be willing to bet that if any of the other coaches in 4-4A had his talent they could win with them, give Arkansas baptist coach who has the worst record that same team and he would have a good record. No matter how good the coach is if, you do not have the players its a different ball game. The best coaches are the ones who adapt their game to the type of players he has to work with. If you have a bunch of slow tall player you play slow ball if you have speed you use it. I do not think Pottsville has enough size inside to contend with teams with big post players. Their best bet is to get down court before the other team get setup and try to score with the easy baskets. Just my thoughts, but I think he is making a mistake by playing slow. See what happens next Friday, they meet again.

The Coach

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 29, 2016, 07:18:48 pm
I would say he is an average coach who is blessed with lots of talent. I have watched several of their games on live stream and was at the Ozark game. Ozark almost beat them without the Ladd girl who is the teams best player. We probably have only two girls who might start on the Pottsville team. We have one who is a good three point shooter as long as no one is on her and we have no bench. What I couldn't figure out is why he didn't press and play uptempo  ball the whole game, with no bench they could have worn us out by half time. Instead he seem to want to slow them down and feed the post player. I must say that didn't not work most of the time, the team seem to not play as well when they slowed it down as they kept making mistakes.
Its hard to tell how good either team is because the 4-4A is down this year, you have two teams at the top and the rest are pretty weak. I would be willing to bet that if any of the other coaches in 4-4A had his talent they could win with them, give Arkansas baptist coach who has the worst record that same team and he would have a good record. No matter how good the coach is if, you do not have the players its a different ball game. The best coaches are the ones who adapt their game to the type of players he has to work with. If you have a bunch of slow tall player you play slow ball if you have speed you use it. I do not think Pottsville has enough size inside to contend with teams with big post players. Their best bet is to get down court before the other team get setup and try to score with the easy baskets. Just my thoughts, but I think he is making a mistake by playing slow. See what happens next Friday, they meet again.

Baptist girls coach is a women last time I watched them play

Ozark Hog

My bad , I have not watched them play this year I was just using the team with the worse record really doesn't matter if it is a women or a man, That doesn't change the fact that any other coach in  the  conference  could take that team and have a good or better record than what he has with them. Bring that bunch up to Ozark and see what that coach could do with them.  The only team I see that they should have lost to was Star City, I watch that on the live stream game, and they had no answer for the big girl for Star City.   I went back and looked at the other losses and I see that they lost to Valley Spring team which is a good team, but then I see that the Hector Girls beat Valley with a team that has less talent. So which coach did the better job, the one who lost with better talent or the one who won with less? 

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 31, 2016, 09:26:29 am
My bad , I have not watched them play this year I was just using the team with the worse record really doesn't matter if it is a women or a man, That doesn't change the fact that any other coach in  the  conference  could take that team and have a good or better record than what he has with them. Bring that bunch up to Ozark and see what that coach could do with them.  The only team I see that they should have lost to was Star City, I watch that on the live stream game, and they had no answer for the big girl for Star City.   I went back and looked at the other losses and I see that they lost to Valley Spring team which is a good team, but then I see that the Hector Girls beat Valley with a team that has less talent. So which coach did the better job, the one who lost with better talent or the one who won with less? 
Almost every team will get upset throughout the year, the loss to valley isn't even an upset. Valley is a top 2 team in 3a and I'll pick them to win it this year.

razorsharp94

Berry has won over 1200 games.  At this point he has two very good assistants around him who help him quite a bit.  As far as a great Head Coaches go I'll go with Becky Brown and Kevin Fraud of Prairie Grove.  Fraud always takes less talent and wins year in and year out.  Last year's team tied for the conference championship with Huntsville and they had not business beating them.  Then they beat them in the District Tournament championship, again no business being on the floor with Huntsville's talent.  He does it on a yearly basis.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas