• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff vs. Searcy Pt.2

Started by pinebluffzebra09, November 18, 2017, 11:23:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pinebluffzebra09

PB is rolling right now winners of 10 straight. Really wish we could get that game back against Cabot where everything went wrong but we are lot better than then. With that being said I expect us to go out and handle our business and not let the momentum swing late in the game and put it away unlike the regular season meeting. That Z Train will be rolling to WMS aka Jordan North on Dec.1 for the 5th time in 6 years. PB by 2 scores

bulldogger15

Quote from: pinebluffzebra09 on November 18, 2017, 11:23:41 am
PB is rolling right now winners of 10 straight. Really wish we could get that game back against Cabot where everything went wrong but we are lot better than then. With that being said I expect us to go out and handle our business and not let the momentum swing late in the game and put it away unlike the regular season meeting. That Z Train will be rolling to WMS aka Jordan North on Dec.1 for the 5th time in 6 years. PB by 2 scores
+1

Pine Bluff is about to get Searcy's attention. At least 2 TD victory.........

GO BULLDOGS!!!

zebradynasty

It can be hard beating someone twice in the same season but we are at home and I can only think of 2 playoff losses at home under BB. Defense wins championships so it up to our defense more precisely our LB's and DB's if they play well... I think our offense is clicking right now (over 40 pts 5 out the last 6 games). Two concerns, I saw a couple of ankle injuries on offense that I hope we can get worked out. Second, we have a tendency to start fast and come out sluggish in the 3 rd qtr. Need to do a better job of coming out focused at halftime.   

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 18, 2017, 10:47:20 pm
It can be hard beating someone twice in the same season but we are at home and I can only think of 2 playoff losses at home under BB. Defense wins championships so it up to our defense more precisely our LB's and DB's if they play well... I think our offense is clicking right now (over 40 pts 5 out the last 6 games). Two concerns, I saw a couple of ankle injuries on offense that I hope we can get worked out. Second, we have a tendency to start fast and come out sluggish in the 3 rd qtr. Need to do a better job of coming out focused at halftime.   

The key to stopping their offense....DB's need speed to cover man on man deep and also great tacklers to get them on the ground when they do catch it....DB's need to be great in single coverage so it frees up another rusher to put pressure on QB.  They have a very limited running game.  39 pass attempts against us. They go for it on 4th down most of the time to, so be ready.  And watch #71 near the goal line.  Tackle eligible play. Ran it twice on us, scored once. He's a big ole boy.

FeartheZebra

Searcy is a good team with a lot of confidence. (Especially after downing ELDO). We will need to play well from start to finish.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 18, 2017, 11:34:24 pm
The key to stopping their offense....DB's need speed to cover man on man deep and also great tacklers to get them on the ground when they do catch it....DB's need to be great in single coverage so it frees up another rusher to put pressure on QB.  They have a very limited running game.  39 pass attempts against us. They go for it on 4th down most of the time to, so be ready.  And watch #71 near the goal line.  Tackle eligible play. Ran it twice on us, scored once. He's a big ole boy.

Sounds about like they ran about the same game plan against you guys as they did us the first time. They went for it a lot on 4th down even on their end of the field. We didn't make them pay for it when they failed as much as I would have liked. Pretty sure they'll continue that in game #2.

urban legend2

I think Searcy will stick with what works. I'm sure they'll want to eliminate the turnovers. But I think PB still has to get pressure on their QB. The DBs can help that out by sticking with their WRs and forcing their QB to hold on to the ball longer than he wants. PB is running it more too, which bodes well because it makes them that much tougher. I hate playing teams twice in the same year, and this is the second year in row these two will have met in the regular and postseason. I think PB keeps the hammer down this time around instead of letting Searcy make it interesting like last time.

Bigred18

With this being the 2nd game I think Searcy will make it interesting win or lose. PB is a great team but a big win I don't see happening if both teams come to play. I believe PB has this one but Searcy will keep it close.

gatecrasher

Something tells me Searcy put everything they had in upsetting El Dorado and won't be able to put that kind of energy out two weeks in a row against a team with a lot of tradition playing in their 9th straight semifinal (correct me if I am wrong).

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 19, 2017, 05:26:53 pm
Something tells me Searcy put everything they had in upsetting El Dorado and won't be able to put that kind of energy out two weeks in a row against a team with a lot of tradition playing in their 9th straight semifinal (correct me if I am wrong).

You are correct 9th straight semi!

Bigred18

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 19, 2017, 05:26:53 pm
Your right but I still can't count Searcy regardless of outside factors. Searcy is a good team and capable of pulling an upset no matter how unlikely people think that will happen. When it comes down to it, if they show up and play 100% nobody should outclass them on the field.

rona

What kind of running Game does Searcy have?

T-Bone

Quote from: Bigred18 on November 19, 2017, 08:32:16 pm
Your right but I still can't count Searcy regardless of outside factors. Searcy is a good team and capable of pulling an upset no matter how unlikely people think that will happen. When it comes down to it, if they show up and play 100% nobody should outclass them on the field.

In Pine Bluff?  PB 35(42) & Searcy 28(21)  (And yes Searcy has a good team but they will need to fight two battles.  Another good team in another good team's home town.  But it is possible.)

zebradynasty

Quote from: rona on November 20, 2017, 10:27:05 am
What kind of running Game does Searcy have?

We saw very little of it in game #1 and what we did see we pretty much stopped outside of a few QB scrambles.

High Voltage

PB Big Time! Too much tradition and a great coach!

zebradynasty

Well it's almost time! Practicing and getting ready on Thanksgiving is pretty much normal for the Z's so, I expect them to be rested and focused. As been the case all year, our defense will need to step up. Searcy I'm sure will employ the no-punt strategy we just need to get more stops and make them pay when the do it on our end of the field. Checked the stats from game 1, Searcy passed the ball 69 times! While we defended the pass pretty good with 3 ints we need to cut down the number possessions. The good news we probably seen just about every pass play they got so we should be better prepared. Our running game has improved since game one as we are as close to being 100% healthy at RB as we have been all season. Searcy will need to figure out how to stop or slow down Thompson (WR) they didn't have an answer for him last game.

IF the Z's can come out and play 4 full qts, I expect a similar spread as the first game. Solid passing teams always gives us fits so Searcy is a dangerous team. One more game and it's 5 out of the last 6 years playing for it ALL! GO Z's 

mr.gametime

Live stream links for this game???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas