• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg Vs. Crossett

Started by #1footballplayer, September 09, 2008, 09:42:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who yall think is guna win in this big rival game

Hamburg
7 (38.9%)
Crossett
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

#1footballplayer

so who's johnson do yall think is bigger.  and i'm lookin at hamburg with the win

hootingowl

sunshine

Eaglemaniac

Lions won't be able to contain Phillips and Cason coming out of the Eagle backfield.  Eagles spoil the reopening of Campbell Field.

Peety

What happened with Hamburg last week?  Is Pulaski Robinson that good or is Hamburg that bad?

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Peety on September 10, 2008, 09:55:32 am
What happened with Hamburg last week?  Is Pulaski Robinson that good or is Hamburg that bad?

Hamburg is very young. I'm hearing they have a pretty salty D but but they also gave up around 300 on the ground Friday. They also had 5 turnovers. They are just going through some growing pains right now. If Crossett's offense has the  kinks worked out it could get ugly. 

heathwaldrop

Hamburg's really trying to find its footing, especially offensively. The first-team O has yet to score, even in the preseason.

Meanwhile, Crossett's defense was shot full of holes on Friday night so it wouldn't surprise me if the Lions get their first score on Friday.

That said, the Eagles are loaded with skills athletes and with some adjustments, will put up big offensive numbers all season.

ctownvillain

CHS is full of talent and speed but it all starts with the OL and if they play anything like they did laast friday its going to a long night for both sides. I am saying 28-14 crossett. That just because at second that the guys in the back field turn the corner(if they have a chance to turn the corner) they can take it to the house.

heathwaldrop

Crossett's got so many good receivers. Coaches need to discover methods that make the O-line's pass protection duration less necessary so that they can be exploited...be that rolling the QB out more, adding a blocking back in the backfield or relying on a lot of short routes. Maybe a combination.

This CHS staff recognizes where it needs to change and, I believe, will do it, rather than stubbornly clinging to tactics that simply do not work given the personnel or situations at hand.

#1footballplayer

Hamburgs D is prolly the best in their confrence.  But thier O can deffenently use so more practice.  Pruitt had a great year last year and i think he will again too.  They also have two returning LBs, Lauhon and Miller, but Riels has steped up LB.  They have both of their corners from last year but their D-line is all new.  But i don't think Johnson needs to pass across the middle on friday night being that Pruitt had 8 ints. last year and Cossetts run will be slowed down by the LBs.

I'm looking for hamburg to come out on top and start the tradition once again

Jimbo Morphis

isn't there a really good caoch in crossett that used to be in hamburg? is he calling plays for crossett? this could be interesting. crossett  28-7

superfreak_08

Hamburg defense is more experienced that their offense but they are also young. Hamburg's offense if young and not very good.. I think if Hamburg is going to move the ball they have to get it in the hands of Morton some how considering he was the leading reciever last year and got the only first down for the lions friday night..With that being said i think Greg Johnson makes a big stand friday night for the first time back on Hamburg's field 21-0 Crossett..

#1footballplayer

Mortan is the best reciver but Crossett will also have to stop Hamburgs running backs Hughes and Miller.  Stanley is another reciver that has pretty good hands for hamburg.  But i'm still lookin for hamburg to pull it off

#1footballplayer

Yea Hamburg was glad to give Crossett that great coach that was over there to.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: #1footballplayer on September 11, 2008, 10:52:16 pm

There are people there now wishing he was still the head coach.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on September 11, 2008, 11:17:25 pm
Quote from: #1footballplayer on September 11, 2008, 10:52:16 pm

There are people there now wishing he was still the head coach.
they may find out what a good job he did.

sunshine

Good luck to both teams, coaches, and fans. :-*

GO HAMBURG!!! :D

BEAT CROSSETT!!! ;D

BIG POPPA

Quote from: sunshine on September 12, 2008, 11:00:07 am
Good luck to both teams, coaches, and fans. :-*

GO HAMBURG!!! :D

BEAT CROSSETT!!! ;D
shhhhhhhh ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas