• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

scrappers goin down

Started by $wayfootball09, December 05, 2007, 12:48:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

$wayfootball09

nashville doesnt hold a candle to us. none of the 7-4a does. ask CAC. we held the ball for almost 40 minutes against a team that beat the horse crap outa you. we are guna start a new 4a traditional team. so long scrappers you had a good run. now its d-ways turn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papa Billie™

Quote from: $wayfootball09 on December 05, 2007, 12:48:10 pm
nashville doesnt hold a candle to us. none of the 7-4a does. ask CAC. we held the ball for almost 40 minutes against a team that beat the horse crap outa you. we are guna start a new 4a traditional team. so long scrappers you had a good run. now its d-ways turn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words are hard to find....SS   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"SCRAPPERS Will 3-Peat in 2007"

SCRAPPER 49

That was CAC and they beat Nashville by only 10 points harldy beating the horse crap out of us and also the Scrappers are a different team than CAC we're better and we work harder and have one of the best defenses in the state and a really good offense and also about the CAC game neither team played good but CAC played better than Nashville and also i remember the first game when y'all lost to CAC.

mack

Boy, boy,, I'm not a nashville fan, but if history repeats itself, and at Nashville it seems to, you are shortly going to be eating a rather large black bird. 

ScrapperMan

And how many times did Dollarway get mercy ruled this year?

sam

This has to be a Nashville fan trying to get some bulletin board material. 

Papa Billie™

Don't think so...It is not required...We have enough motivation...SS   ;)

zebradynasty

Quote from: ScrapperMan on December 05, 2007, 03:07:12 pm

Why does Nashville never play anyone in larger classifcation other than maybe Hope?

hedgehog22

How many do you want them to play?  They play Arkadelphia some lately also along with HOpe.  Im sure if some would play them they would. 

"SHOWKILLER"

How about a Nashville-Texarkana matchup?

zebradynasty

Quote from: hedgehog22 on December 05, 2007, 03:54:50 pm
How many do you want them to play?  They play Arkadelphia some lately also along with HOpe.  Im sure if some would play them they would. 

I dunno seems like that it wouldn't be that hard to find bigger schools! Dollarway has done it for years. I guess I should say good teams in larger classification Arkadelphia doesn't count. Hope is alright but hardly a powerhouse.

transplant

and Arkadelphia...

Nashville's non-conference the last 4 years has been Hope, Prescott and Arkadelphia...all are teams located within an hours drive, are traditional rivals and teams not in the 4A.

Nashville attempted to schedule Magnolia and Morrilton in the upcoming cycle they decided not to schedule the Scrappers (there were a few others that didn't want to play, but I don't remember the names)

Dollarway was a possibility, however, since they are a team that Nashville knows we have a good shot of seeing in the playoffs it was decided not to pursue them.  It's tough beating a team twice in one year.

For the next two years Nashville will play Hope, Prescott and Liberty Eylau (sp) from Texas (state champs in 2006). 

ScrapperMan

I remember years ago we played Fayetteville when they were #1 in the state and beat them.

Papa Billie™

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2007, 04:03:36 pm

I dunno seems like that it wouldn't be that hard to find bigger schools! Dollarway has done it for years. I guess I should say good teams in larger classification Arkadelphia doesn't count. Hope is alright but hardly a powerhouse.

Good for Dollarway!!  Our coaches are doing what they think is best for their program, it is working for them and they don't have to please you or anyone else on this board!  They don't even worry about your opinion!   They are concerned about the welfare of their team, that is all...SS    ;)

zebradynasty

Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 05, 2007, 07:02:58 pm

Good for Dollarway!!  Our coaches are doing what they think is best for their program, it is working for them and they don't have to please you or anyone else on this board!  They don't even worry about your opinion!   They are concerned about the welfare of their team, that is all...SS    ;)

That sounds like an excuse more than a reason but something tells me you're full of those!

Implant Guy

Quote from: ScrapperMan on December 05, 2007, 05:30:34 pm
I remember years ago we played Fayetteville when they were #1 in the state and beat them.

I was on that team.  Man, what a night.  The whole state was shocked because they were a 4A school at that time and Nashville was a 2A school.

Bluetick54

December 05, 2007, 07:21:11 pm #16 Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 07:24:15 pm by Bluetick54
Quote from: Implant Guy on December 05, 2007, 07:15:48 pm

I was on that team.  Man, what a night.  The whole state was shocked because they were a 4A school at that time and Nashville was a 2A school.
I was at that game.  You didn't get to play bonehead.  You were a loser then as you still are.

Papa Billie™

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2007, 07:07:13 pm

That sounds like an excuse more than a reason but something tells me you're full of those!

So, you think our Coaches or Admin owe the BIG BAD ZEBRADYNASTY an explanation for why they schedule who they do or do not??  I don't think so!!
You are not that important to us!!  As long as we are satisfied with our program we don't have to answer to anyone outside of our program...You don't like it, that's tough...Maybe you should worry about beating us and not who we play!  That is on your plate at present....ROFL..SS
   ::)

Bluetick54

Like it or not, he does have a point.

Big Time

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2007, 03:46:24 pm
Quote from: ScrapperMan on December 05, 2007, 03:07:12 pm

Why does Nashville never play anyone in larger classifcation other than maybe Hope?

Why does Nashville need to.....

Papa Billie™

Quote from: Bluetick54 on December 05, 2007, 07:32:25 pm

Don't think so, I've talked with them about it and don't think they are worried about it one bit....SS   ;)

Bluetick54

Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 05, 2007, 07:51:48 pm

Don't think so, I've talked with them about it and don't think they are worried about it one bit....SS   ;)
You are the one that made the point pinhead.  Wake up.

Papa Billie™

Quote from: Bluetick54 on December 05, 2007, 07:56:08 pm
Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 05, 2007, 07:51:48 pm

You are the one that made the point pinhead.  Wake up.

You are the one that keeps saying he has one...Pinhead...I say he doesn't...Go Back to Sleep...SS   ::)

Bluetick54

So how about you cutting the crap and being a nice human for a couple more days, huh?  You made a good point and I defended you and you act like the jerk that we all know you to be.  Lay off big boy.  You aren't the posting legend you think.  Two more days.  Thats all I ask.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 05, 2007, 07:30:08 pm

Good for Dollarway!!  Our coaches are doing what they think is best for their program, it is working for them and they don't have to please you or anyone else on this board!  They don't even worry about your opinion!   They are concerned about the welfare of their team, that is all...SS   ;)

So, you think our Coaches or Admin owe the BIG BAD ZEBRADYNASTY an explanation for why they schedule who they do or do not??  I don't think so!!
You are not that important to us!!  As long as we are satisfied with our program we don't have to answer to anyone outside of our program...You don't like it, that's tough...Maybe you should worry about beating us and not who we play!  That is on your plate at present....ROFL..SS

You're the one acting like Nashville is America's Team! Your the one making all the claims of win win win. Just seems natural that if you think you are the best then you would want to play the best. I don't need to worry about beating you Dollarway does! Nobody owes me anything I just asked a question an you started ranting. Someone did answer my question sort of and said Nashville's has plans to play some tougher opponents. All you gave me was excuses with an attitude.

zebradynasty

You are the one acting like Nashville is America's team! Just seems to me if you think you are the best you would want to play the best. Otherwise eveyone just look at you like some obnoxious clowns that thinks their program is the best in the county (yes county)! I don't need to worry about Dollarway winning that is up to the coaches and players of Dollarway!

scrappermom46

You know the funny thing about this is most of the football boys don't even read this board. They really do not care what is being said, they have other things on their minds than all the trash talk. And what is with all the "guna and outa" I mean we all know about Pine Bluff and what is there, is that what the boys are suppose to fear? Who cares? It will all be over Friday and then it will be rest time............ good luck to both teams, but I am pulling for my boys the Scrappers.

Papa Billie™

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2007, 08:26:35 pm

Good for Dollarway!!  Our coaches are doing what they think is best for their program, it is working for them and they don't have to please you or anyone else on this board!  They don't even worry about your opinion!   They are concerned about the welfare of their team, that is all...SS   ;)

You're the one acting like Nashville is America's Team! Your the one making all the claims of win win win. Just seems natural that if you think you are the best then you would want to play the best. I don't need to worry about beating you Dollarway does! Nobody owes me anything I just asked a question an you started ranting. Someone did answer my question sort of and said Nashville's has plans to play some tougher opponents. All you gave me was excuses with an attitude.

You are correct!  I did so b/c you seemed to come on here with an attitude like you are so much better than us and we owe you something and we don't...I am tired of you and others like you expecting us to make excuses for our schedule.  We are constantly trying to upgrade and improve our program that incluldes our schedule.  However, we do not have to make excuses for it and we won't.  If you don't like it, sorry about that...or NOT...SS   ;)

zebradynasty

Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 05, 2007, 09:11:34 pm

You are correct!  I did so b/c you seemed to come on here with an attitude like you are so much better than us and we owe you something and we don't...I am tired of you and others like you expecting us to make excuses for our schedule.  We are constantly trying to upgrade and improve our program that incluldes our schedule.  However, we do not have to make excuses for it and we won't.  If you don't like it, sorry about that...or NOT...SS   ;)

If you are remember, which I doubt because you talk as if you drift in and out of consciousnesses, YOU were the one predicting a 30 point victory! So how in the heck have I acted like Dollarway is so much better than Nashville when I haven't even said who I thought is going to win?

Papa Billie™

Yes, I do remember that and I still believe that!  Nothing has changed my mind and nothing will.  Dollarway has not shown me anything to change my mind and none of the trash talk will ever do it...

I agree that you have not said that they would win, all you have done is run down my teams scheduling and that bothers me!  Why do make so much of it?  Some years teams are better than others...We used to play Camden,Camden Fairview, Magnolia and such but that doesn't mean if we were playing them now that our schedule would be much better...and Camden does not exit anymore...Our coaches try not to travel long distances, so that limits us, we are going to Texas this next season....

You are a good poster and I had no intention of making you mad, just didn't like the way you came on...Sorry about that....SS
   ;)

JohnMarkTomayo

So let me see if I have this right.  You are criticizing the team that is going for ITS THIRD STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW and who has won what seems like 99 of its last 100 games for not setting up their schedule in a way you see fit?
Seems to me the rest of us might want to copy whatever they're doing...it seems to be working out o.k. for the pumpkin heads.

zebradynasty

Quote from: JohnMarkTomayo on December 05, 2007, 10:09:59 pm
So let me see if I have this right.  You are criticizing the team that is going for ITS THIRD STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW and who has won what seems like 99 of its last 100 games for not setting up their schedule in a way you see fit?
Seems to me the rest of us might want to copy whatever they're doing...it seems to be working out o.k. for the pumpkin heads.

No you don't have it straight. I asked why doesn't Nashville schedule schools in bigger classifications. Had I known that would cause a meltdown... I didn't say anything critical other than when someone said Hope and Arkadelphia to which I added by saying quality teams in upper classifications! Hope maybe Arkadelphia heck no! Then someone posted that Nashville in the future is planning to upgrade it's schedule and I was satisfied! What I had a problem with is saying scheduling good opponents is not necessary and didn't matter and blah, blah, blah. Hey if you want to be looked at as truly an elite program then you have to play and beat other elite programs. To be the best beat the best!

OldScrap

Quote from: Implant Guy on December 05, 2007, 07:15:48 pm

I recall that game, never will forget it, I surely believe it was a very long ride back home for them that night with the Scrappers having put it on them.

OldScrap

Please take a look at who started this topic, as well as what they named this topic.

NO, Dollarway started this. They knew when they did there would be several Scrapper fans replying.

Oh, excuses were not given, just facts.

ScrapperMan

That was my first Scrapper game.

ScrapperMan

In the past few years Nashville beat Booneville when they were #1 by 30 points
They beat Pulaski Academy when they were #1 by 21 points
They beat CAC when they were #1 by 14 points
They beat Warren when they were #1 by 10 points.

Dollarway dismantled last week's #1. I'm not sure who else? (somebody enlighten me)
Dollarway has a three game losing streak against Warren
Nashville has a three game winning streak against Warren

Looks to me that Dollarway doesn't have a very good track record at beating the best.

B.S.

Greenwood was trying to schedule Nashville for next year but we had different weeks we were trying to schedule, we asked Shiloh to change our game with them to a different week but they wouldn't. It would have been a great match up. Maybe we can get together in the next cycle. Nashville has the same problem we have, you have to call 30 different teams to find someone interested. Our pre-conf. schedule is Springdale Harber, Tulsa Central, and Shiloh.

OldScrap

Some people don't realize they can be many scheduling conflicts. I rightly don't know nothing about scheduling, but I feel sure at times it can be a night mare, and many times you don't rightly get to play exactly who you want to because these conflicts cannot be worked out.

And as for Nashville, both Prescott and Hope have been long time rivals, we go back many years together, I'm glad we still have them on the schedule plus both towns are not that far from Nashville. And for many years Prescott was in our conference and they have always been contenders for conference champs. As for Hope, they have always been at least on classification ahead of us.

Others we have played in the past are Fayetteville, Magnolia & as already mentioned Camden, Mabelvale, Hooks, TX, Idabel, OK, Texarkana, Smackover, Stamps, I'm sure there's a few more that could be mentioned.

Years ago we always played Hope on Thanksgiving day, it was usually the big game of the year and Scrapper Stadium would be packed and over flowing for that afternoon game.

cacbacker13

ive played against both teams and dway is twice as physical and they stay on there blocks....the game will be won in the trenches....dway by 2td

sam

Quote from: How Bout That Nashville Game? on December 06, 2007, 04:01:54 pm
ive played against both teams and dway is twice as physical and they stay on there blocks....the game will be won in the trenches....dway by 2td

Don't overlook this post. 

This is something I've been looking for.  My biggest question is whether Dway would be able to hold their own up front. 

This is interesting.  I figured Dway wouldn't have the depth or the animals up front to control the LOS. 

If this kid's telling the truth, this will be a better game than I expected. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: sam on December 06, 2007, 04:05:05 pm
Quote from: How Bout That Nashville Game? on December 06, 2007, 04:01:54 pm

Don't overlook this post. 

This is something I've been looking for.  My biggest question is whether Dway would be able to hold their own up front. 

This is interesting.  I figured Dway wouldn't have the depth or the animals up front to control the LOS. 

If this kid's telling the truth, this will be a better game than I expected. 

I've seen several post from players who claimed to have played both and they say the same thing! Depth will not be issue unless Nashville controls the line of  scrimmage.  Dollarway has been playing teams with more players all year and they seemed to handle it well. Having a lot of players means nothing if most are a bunch of 150 pound sophs!

ScrapperMan

It will depend if Dollarway lets Nashville run a play every 15 seconds or if they can slow the game down. Nashville gains momentum by the pace of the game, not always by the speed of their players. I'm sure Dollarway players are just as fast.

Fresno

First of all I want to say that I played for CAC this season, (and nobody could tell u better than someone who has played against both teams 3 times each) I am a mustang untill I die, and I will be the first to tell you that Dollarway had a 1 hit wonder game, while CAC had the worst game of their season last Friday night, Dollarway got blown out by dumas 35-0 and ends up beating CAC, but when it comes down to it, Dollarway won fair and square.

Nashville is the type of team that will come through when all odds are against them, they have a lot of positive "christain" leadership on that team. They show it on the feild every friday night.... Nashville is not goin to lay down on that feild and let dollarway run all over them. And dollarway will not be able to stop Nashvilles offense.

Dollarway is a run based team and will get very frustrated when stoped. D-way will not be able to come up with lucky runs or passes in this game. Don't get me wrong, Dollarway is a very good team, but they are not on the same level as Nashville in a state Championship Game.

I know alot of people might bash me for this, but i have to say it..........Dollarway is not as a high cailber of a team as Nashville, CAC and Warren, i think most of us will agree in saying that the actual best teams in 4a already played. Warren vs. Nashville or Nashville vs. CAC....Yes Yes I know I know, dollarway is the one going to state and we are not, i accept it, but CAC was more worried about playing Nashville again ,then playing D-way. Dollarway was VERY lucky they got over looked, but trust me Nashville will not overlook them.

SCRAPPERS, I HATE TO LOVE YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW!!! BUT DONT LET THIS TEAM EVEN THINK THAT THEY COULD HANG WITH ANY OF US FOR MORE THAN 1 LUCKY NIGHT!!

GO SCRAPPERS!!!.....wow? i said it..ha 

laidbackguy_07

Well lets just quit the smack talking and let the boys play. Quite frankly I know just as well as everyone they are both good teams and who ever wants this more will come out with the win.

Orange and Black

Quote from: Fresno on December 07, 2007, 01:33:11 am
First of all I want to say that I played for CAC this season, (and nobody could tell u better than someone who has played against both teams 3 times each) I am a mustang untill I die, and I will be the first to tell you that Dollarway had a 1 hit wonder game, while CAC had the worst game of their season last Friday night, Dollarway got blown out by dumas 35-0 and ends up beating CAC, but when it comes down to it, Dollarway won fair and square.

Nashville is the type of team that will come through when all odds are against them, they have a lot of positive "christain" leadership on that team. They show it on the feild every friday night.... Nashville is not goin to lay down on that feild and let dollarway run all over them. And dollarway will not be able to stop Nashvilles offense.

Dollarway is a run based team and will get very frustrated when stoped. D-way will not be able to come up with lucky runs or passes in this game. Don't get me wrong, Dollarway is a very good team, but they are not on the same level as Nashville in a state Championship Game.

I know alot of people might bash me for this, but i have to say it..........Dollarway is not as a high cailber of a team as Nashville, CAC and Warren, i think most of us will agree in saying that the actual best teams in 4a already played. Warren vs. Nashville or Nashville vs. CAC....Yes Yes I know I know, dollarway is the one going to state and we are not, i accept it, but CAC was more worried about playing Nashville again ,then playing D-way. Dollarway was VERY lucky they got over looked, but trust me Nashville will not overlook them.

SCRAPPERS, I HATE TO LOVE YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW!!! BUT DONT LET THIS TEAM EVEN THINK THAT THEY COULD HANG WITH ANY OF US FOR MORE THAN 1 LUCKY NIGHT!!

GO SCRAPPERS!!!.....wow? i said it..ha 

Thanks Fresno.  It's great to have the support from our fellow 7AAAA conference members.  I was hoping CAC would win last week so it could have been an all 7AAAA title game.  Good luck next year in your new conference.

cacbacker13

IDK who u r FRESNO but apparently u don't play on the same CAC team i play on.....everybody says dway talks some much head on the field but they don't....there one of the "nicer" teams we play....against us they got after us...when they knocked us down they helped us a back up....they were a class act on the field...we didn't overlook dway...they played better than us, they controled the field,they didn't let our offense get in groove, the coaches from dway had a great gameplan and the players executed....if they have a good gameplan dway comes away from war memorial with the ring...

Fresno

Quote from: How Bout That Nashville Game? on December 07, 2007, 05:22:12 pm
IDK who u r FRESNO but apparently u don't play on the same CAC team i play on.....everybody says dway talks some much head on the field but they don't....there one of the "nicer" teams we play....against us they got after us...when they knocked us down they helped us a back up....they were a class act on the field...we didn't overlook dway...they played better than us, they controled the field,they didn't let our offense get in groove, the coaches from dway had a great gameplan and the players executed....if they have a good gameplan dway comes away from war memorial with the ring...
I dont know who you are or if you were on the feild, but you must not have been on the feild much at all. Because if you were you would know exactly what i am talking ab....but o well, games over nashville got the ring i wanted so dearly....Congrats Scrappers yall always seem to pull it out!

scrappermom46

Quote from: Fresno on December 08, 2007, 02:18:51 am
I dont know who you are or if you were on the feild, but you must not have been on the feild much at all. Because if you were you would know exactly what i am talking ab....but o well, games over nashville got the ring i wanted so dearly....Congrats Scrappers yall always seem to pull it out!
Thanks Fresno.......... you are truly a classy guy. The boys wanted it bad and it showed.

Papa Billie™

Quote from: wewillsee on December 08, 2007, 02:56:48 am
Quote from: Fresno on December 08, 2007, 02:18:51 am
Thanks Fresno.......... you are truly a classy guy. The boys wanted it bad and it showed.

Yes, It is DONE...SS ;)

Throwback1

pardon?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas