• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A

Started by #1 Trojan, July 03, 2007, 04:32:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WHO IS GOING TO WIN 2-4A

STUTTGART
LONOKE
NEWPORT
MARIANNA
HEBER SPRINGS

LakeRat

Quote from: CASPER on September 05, 2007, 09:13:49 am
Lonoke, Marianna will both play for the 3rd and 4th spot with 3 loses.  But Newport and Stuttgart are 21 pts better than the others in their conference. 

What channel on your HD-Sattelite Crystal Ball did you pick that outlook up on?

justin_njhs09

I disagree with his first statement Heber should be competing with Lonoke for 3rd and Marianna should be 5th.  However, I haven't seen any of the teams in the conference besides Newport and I'm just going on last year combined with what I hear and the scored I've seen.

justin_njhs09

Quote from: flylikeaneagle on September 05, 2007, 07:56:32 pm
Posted by: CASPER 
Insert Quote
Here the way it will be!  Newport and Stuggart will play for the title, Newport will win if they don't beat themselves ( as they have done in a big game ever since Keedy retired) Lonoke, Marianna will both play for the 3rd and 4th spot with 3 loses.  But Newport and Stuttgart are 21 pts better than the others in their conference.

Ricebirds 2007 State Champs!!!! 8)  8)  8)

lol Haven't heard that one yet.

Birdmom

I agree that Stuttgart can win the 2-4A. We have depth, we have players, we have coaches, and we have the drive and discipline to win.

stevenmcdonald

policeman

Quote from: Birdmom on September 06, 2007, 09:05:49 pm
I agree that Stuttgart can win the 2-4A. We have depth, we have players, we have coaches, and we have the drive and discipline to win.

Yeah, but Newport is a much improved team.  They have skill and speed at every position.  I think Newport will go undefeated until they hit Warren or Nashville in the playoffs.

phdefense

Quote from: CASPER on September 05, 2007, 09:13:49 am
Here the way it will be!  Newport and Stuggart will play for the title, Newport will win if they don't beat themselves ( as they have done in a big game ever since Keedy retired) Lonoke, Marianna will both play for the 3rd and 4th spot with 3 loses.  But Newport and Stuttgart are 21 pts better than the others in their conference. 

Just an some info to fuel the fire. The Newport game is homecoming for Stuttgart.

phdefense

Quote from: panthers28 on September 04, 2007, 08:11:12 pm
yea if heber doesn't play to their potential then yes it will come down to the hounds and the rice birds but if heber does play to their potential then it will be the panthers and the hounds! Heber has some good players and they can do some damage in the 2-4a if they pick it up!

Let's see if you can handle our friends to the south before you start competing againist Ricebirds.

the_man

can anyone confirm this..marianna losing to hernando 14-0 if so marianna will not be good this year.

LakeRat

Marianna had a bye this week.

#1 Trojan

No Marianna didn't they lost to Hernando,MS 14-0.

LakeRat

Musta been some secret game... both here and Hootens has Mariann-Lee as open.

#1 Trojan

Because they scheduled it at the last minute.

stevenmcdonald

Who does Marianna-Lee play friday

LakeRat

Star City.

Click on the Schools link at the top of the page you can find everyone's schedule for the season.

#1 Trojan

Marianna and Newport hope we can pull it out.

Bwana

If you pull it out against Newport, their gonna knock it off.. Newport in a big way tonight..

justin_njhs09

If Marianna comes within even 7 points of Newport I wouldn't come back to this board for the rest of football season.  Within 3 TDs and I'll stay off for the weekend.

prisonhound

Quote from: NPT_Tribe Fan on September 21, 2007, 03:53:28 pm
If Marianna comes within even 7 points of Newport I wouldn't come back to this board for the rest of football season.  Within 3 TDs and I'll stay off for the weekend.

I think this will be a close game. Marianna is big and fast. Seems like some of their younger players are coming around. I just want outa there with a W.

prisonhound

It is good to be wrong:

Newport 46
Marianna  6

Newport 395 yards total offense in the 1st half. 243 yards passing.

Go Hounds!!!!!!

SUGARTOWN

Stuttgart- 44
SS Batesville-0  Final

prisonhound

Newport and Stuttgart on a collision course. It's gonna be a good one in Duckville in a few weeks. Don't miss it.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prisonhound on September 21, 2007, 09:45:25 pm
Newport and Stuttgart on a collision course. It's gonna be a good one in Duckville in a few weeks. Don't miss it.
........and it's Homecoming for Stuttgart.

prisonhound

Wooo man. Get there early. Newport has Southside and Mt. View at home the next two weeks. Should be undefeated going to Stuttgart. Who do the 'Birds have?

hound24

These next two games should be two easy wins for Newport. Newport will be going into Stuttgart 6-0.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prisonhound on September 21, 2007, 09:52:09 pm
Wooo man. Get there early. Newport has Southside and Mt. View at home the next two weeks. Should be undefeated going to Stuttgart. Who do the 'Birds have?
The Birds have Heber and Bald Knob. They've been playing the last two weeks without their QB/S Seth Allison, he's been out with a knee injury. He might be back next week, should def. be back by the Newport game.
It's gonna be a shootout!

prisonhound

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prisonhound on September 21, 2007, 10:11:51 pm
I will be there!
Good.....I hope ya'll bring a bunch of fans. Our first three visiting opponents haven't brought too many fans. It should be like the old Newport-Stuttgart games of the 80's and 90's.

prisonhound

Get out the xtra seats.

Bad news for Newport. Apparently Quormaine Dean broke his collarbone. If so, he is done for the season. He is a great DB and had a TD catch tonite.

biker_harley87

Prisonhound he will be back in 3 to 4 weeks.Wait and see.Bad news 85 yards in penalties before half.This is going to cost the Hounds in the playoffs. The game was good to watch.Newport overpowered Mariannia on both sides of the ball.Great job.

justin_njhs09

Quote from: prisonhound on September 21, 2007, 10:50:34 pm
Get out the xtra seats.

Bad news for Newport. Apparently Quormaine Dean broke his collarbone. If so, he is done for the season. He is a great DB and had a TD catch tonite.

Just got back from the game... Turns out that he didn't break it just injured.  Should be back by Stuttgart, might wanna let him and others heal up the next couple of weeks while we have time.

ASU Rugby

With Quormaine it is nothing serious and it will be just a wait and see thing with him.

biker_harley87

We need his defensive play more than offense. Hes got heart and will be on defense next week to start the game.Pull him after mercy rule in 1st quarter.

prisonhound

That is good news about Q. Dean. They were reporting on the radio that it was broken and he was out for the year. Let hime rest the next couple of games. Your right, he is the man on D.

phdefense

September 22, 2007, 09:03:23 am #134 Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:27:02 pm by phdefense
I hope both Stuttgart and Newport are healthy when they play. That way who ever wins can say they earned the conference championship.

hound24

I'm sure both teams will be at good health when the meet in week 7.

HillBillyFaceSlapper

Newport had better come into the game healthy so when the Birds beat them without mercy we won't have to hear about how injuries played a part in the win.

justin_njhs09

Quote from: HillBillyFaceSlapper on September 22, 2007, 02:42:14 pm
Newport had better come into the game healthy so when the Birds beat them without mercy we won't have to hear about how injuries played a part in the win.

Are you insane or drunk?

HillBillyFaceSlapper

Quote from: NPT_Tribe Fan on September 22, 2007, 06:36:10 pm
Quote from: HillBillyFaceSlapper on September 22, 2007, 02:42:14 pm

Are you insane or drunk?

Both and I'm right.

NPT3

From What I Hear Q.Dean Will Not Be Healthy For The Newport/Stuttgart Game

#1 Trojan

Marianna has Mountain View this week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas