• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Melbourne Bearkatz playing football?

Started by Bergman1820, August 12, 2009, 07:51:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergman1820

I had heard from a friend that Melbourne has a jv squad and that there is a certain amount of time that has to pass before they can carry on as a regualar team. Just wondered if anyone has any info on this.

Thank you

emceedd

Quote from: vstigerz on August 12, 2009, 07:51:14 pm
I had heard from a friend that Melbourne has a jv squad and that there is a certain amount of time that has to pass before they can carry on as a regualar team. Just wondered if anyone has any info on this.

Thank you
I don't know about a certain amount of time having to pass, I think that's up to the coach and school. Cedar Ridge (Newark) just started back last year and the coach didn't want to mess with JV so they started a regular schedule. Melbourne started last year as JV and I think they are planning to work up to a regular schedule in either 2011-2012 or 2012-2013. Melbourne has had a Mighty Mite program, grades 3-6, for a couple of years now and the high school coaches are going to be helping them this year.

emceedd

My mistake, they only had junior high last year. I found this from earlier.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=91504.0

Bergman1820

Thanks emceedd for that info. I had looked around but must have overlooked that topic.

R

emceedd

Melbourne had inner squad scrimmages with the 7th grade, Jr high and JV squads tonight. Paid attendance was 824.

Football1

Sounds like every kid that plays brought his whole family to watch!!!

Bergman1820

Anyone heard of what Melbournes football schedule will be like this season?

QPWFB

They can start "real football" at the begining of a new cycle. I think they will join a conference as a football playing school at the beginning of the next cycle, which is 2012/13 school year.
   The AAA will not allow teams to enter a conference in the middle of a 2 year conference cycle.

Captain_Caveman

Melbourne could have chosen to play Varsity the last two years, but decided to wait and build the program a little longer before playing a full varsity schedule.  There is no time limit or time table as to when you can play; however, most schools choose to start at the 7th grade level and build up from there.

wml412

Who is heading up this program?  Didn't they hire someone from Highland two years ago?
Something makes me think that person is no longer there; I am not up on the history
of what has happened here.  Are they a 3A school now?  Sounds like they are building some
good local support.

emceedd

Quote from: wml412 on July 26, 2011, 01:42:02 pm
Who is heading up this program?  Didn't they hire someone from Highland two years ago?
Something makes me think that person is no longer there; I am not up on the history
of what has happened here.  Are they a 3A school now?  Sounds like they are building some
good local support.
Ninemire from Highland was there, now Clinton Gore is coaching there.

pirates123

Bergman1820

Maxpreps has the coach for Gosnell listed as Brian Sims. Same thing for FF.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas