• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best coaches in 1A-2 South

Started by Robert_Dorfenshootze, June 27, 2017, 12:09:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_Dorfenshootze

June 27, 2017, 12:09:58 pm Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:49:13 pm by Robert_Dorfenshootze
I saw on another thread the discussion of best coaches in a conference. Thought this would be fun since we are in the slow part of the year...
Boys
1. Keith Brown, Shirley, great overall coach, wins consistently
2. Keith Cornett, Concord, could be 1 and 1A, he and Brown both win and compete every year
3. Eddie Beck, Midland, improving, excited about what he can do this yr with Tharp and co.
4. Shane Davis, WS, always has solid talent, have heard he doesn't get support he needs there though
5.-on down, yet to be seen, I've been told Timbo, Rural Special, Bradford all got new coaches.

Girls
1. Don Swinney, Bradford, eexperience pick here
2. Cody Richey, WS, seems like he's won early on here, but has a lot of talent to work with so that helps
3. Mike Strother, Concord, wins most years, sometimes seems to underachieve imo with the talent there
4. Brett Barber, Midland, does a solid job with what he has imo
5.-on down, same situation as boys, new coaches and don't know who they are or anything about them.
Everyone feel free to comment or expand on opinions...and of anyone knows the new coaches chime in your thoughts.

ballmember

How about saying who would you hire for your school   Brown and Cornett only on boys side.  None on girls side at this time. 

gamechanger11

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 27, 2017, 04:39:07 pm
Two tards here

Who's your picks then, gamechanger? Who do you disagree with?

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: ballmember on June 27, 2017, 03:25:58 pm
How about saying who would you hire for your school   Brown and Cornett only on boys side.  None on girls side at this time.

I agree with you. Imo not a lot to choose from in the conference.

gamechanger11

Warhawkpa80

Coach Carlton at Mve would be the best girls coach by a mile. Jury is still out on new boys coach, he will have big shoes to fill.

SackAttack

Great summer time thread right here. Sack lives for these moments to provide High Seed analysis that only few can fathom but many cannot comprehend.

Girls
1. I was really partial to that Megan Tutor girl from Shirley. Even though I hate Shirley she did a great job and dang she was pretty so she's my #1.
2. Spinks from Fox. Great sideline demeanor and knew who buttered the bread. enjoyed watching them play
3. Richey. Best dressed coach in the league and you know what they say if you can't coach at least look like you can.
4.Barbarino from Midland. Cousin of Vinny! Done a decent job.
5.Scothers from Concord. Scads of talent everything a coach could want but very underachieving in Sacks opinion. Could have benefitted greatly from the Bosses e-book.
6.Eggers from Timbo. Didn't try very hard and spent way too much time pouting because he didn't have much talent according to the local smokers I talked to.

Sack needs to give the boys a little more thought and analysis but stay tuned and I cannot post on the boys side without the Bosses blessing AMEN.

thebigtiger

Quote from: SackAttack on June 27, 2017, 09:37:30 pm
Great summer time thread right here. Sack lives for these moments to provide High Seed analysis that only few can fathom but many cannot comprehend.

Girls
1. I was really partial to that Megan Tutor girl from Shirley. Even though I hate Shirley she did a great job and dang she was pretty so she's my #1.
2. Spinks from Fox. Great sideline demeanor and knew who buttered the bread. enjoyed watching them play
3. Richey. Best dressed coach in the league and you know what they say if you can't coach at least look like you can.
5.Scothers from Concord. Scads of talent everything a coach could want but very underachieving in Sacks opinion. Could have benefitted greatly from the Bosses e-book.
6.Eggers from Timbo. Didn't try very hard and spent way too much time pouting because he didn't have much talent according to the local smokers I talked to.

Sack needs to give the boys a little more thought and analysis but stay tuned and I cannot post on the boys side without the Bosses blessing AMEN.
A decent list Sack.  While I agree with you that Coach Tutor is good looking I think I would shuffle the list around.  That being said through this year the top 3 girls coaches have moved on to other jobs.  Because they were really good.  I think you could basically move everyone down 1 spot and move Edgar not Egger up at least into the 2 if not the one.  I believe he went to Highland haven't heard where Spinks which I had at 2 went.  And Tutor at 3.  Barber at 4. Richey at 5 we will see if he is real or pretender in the next year or so. Strothar at 6.  But this year move them all up 3 spots.  Will be interesting to keep up with how the new coaches follow those that left.  Haven't heard who filled those spots.  Does anyone have any ideas?

gamechanger11

Sack you must have attached the Tigers sack

BasketballNeverStops

Really looking forward to the season. Both of Concord's teams should compete well as the boys have a talented group of seniors and will add two solid sophomores and girls will have the Davis girl in her senior campaign and will also have a good sophomore class coming in. West Side and Rural girls should be neck and neck with Concord. Not very sure how Shirley will be after losing that senior class, heard they've been doing well in camps. Expecting West Side boys to be in the mix as well.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 28, 2017, 12:56:11 pm

Gamechanger...are you ever going to actually rank the coaches? I mean, I'm pretty sure you're a West Side fan the way you've dogged on Concord but still like to hear your thoughts...
Also, I think it's inappropriate to say any person attached someone else's sack.

JimmyChitwood

Love Keith Brown but I have to vote Cornett at #1. He conistently has the pirates in the win column.

SackAttack

Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 28, 2017, 12:56:11 pm
Now now Loserofgames thats no way to be but I guess you are when nobody else is. The angle of the hypotenuse is Pi Rsquare. I mean the angle of the thread is to rank the coaches which I did after much High Seed analytics. sorry about that awhile ago I just have Aristotle like thoughts every so often can't help but glad I can't. I forgot to include Dabo Swinney from Bradford in my rankings and I have to put him directly above the Scrotchers guy from Concord I guess. Not sure I spelled that name right but oh well! Dabo is a little old for the modern game so I put him where I put him. Boys rankings coming soon after some bathroom analytics if you know what I mean!!

SackAttack

Feeling light and refreshed after some Aristotle type thought processes that only the Inner bunch can comprehend but most cannot fire enough neural neurons to get it right. We will call them Caint Get Rights with the Bosses blessing AMEN.

Boys Rankings
1. Cornett from Concord hands down saw them play 4 or 5 times and the dude said maybe 14 words in all games combined. I wondered several times Can this guy talk? That game against Shirley in district finals was a masterpiece of mental mind control over a much more talented squad.
2A. Smith from Southside. Is it Coach Smith, Mr Smith,Sweet T, Mister Clean Tiny Tim but the guy can coach some hoops. Much talent zero talent it don't matter. some guys are only good when they are good if ya feeling me.
2B Brown. Don't like Shirley aint gonna hide it aint gonna try aint gonna lie but he aint bad. But seriously dude just coach the darn game and quit the whining and crying non stop. NON STOP> Everybody aint out to cut down the tree its really just a bad joke so CHILL.
4. Spinks. Even though he's gone from what I understand who could blame him. Zero less than zero talent but handled it better than any of the before mentioned  guys would have. Saw em twice could've showed out but didn't and that says a lot. See 2B!
5.Davis. Didn't see em play so I really can't comment much but dang go with richey shopping and buy a pair of pants that fit!
6.Egger. Probably could swap with 5 but he's here because again the smokers hated him and still throwing a party from what I hear.
7.Beck. Didn't see them either. Where the crap is Midland anyway? Is it near Overland or Underland? Seriously how do you get there

There is is for all to see and hear and taste. Mostly taste.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: thebigtiger on June 28, 2017, 08:16:38 am
A decent list Sack.  While I agree with you that Coach Tutor is good looking I think I would shuffle the list around.  That being said through this year the top 3 girls coaches have moved on to other jobs.  Because they were really good.  I think you could basically move everyone down 1 spot and move Edgar not Egger up at least into the 2 if not the one.  I believe he went to Highland haven't heard where Spinks which I had at 2 went.  And Tutor at 3.  Barber at 4. Richey at 5 we will see if he is real or pretender in the next year or so. Strothar at 6.  But this year move them all up 3 spots.  Will be interesting to keep up with how the new coaches follow those that left.  Haven't heard who filled those spots.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Spinks went to Greenbrier and Trey Berry is now the new coach at Rural.

BasketballNeverStops

June 29, 2017, 02:12:48 am #16 Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:04:26 am by BasketballNeverStops
Quote from: SackAttack on June 27, 2017, 09:37:30 pm

Girls

I'd say Strother and those Concord girls had a pretty good 2016-17 campaign. Finished with 22 wins, won district tournament for the first time in a while, punched their first ever ticket to the state tournament in program history, and won their first game in state against a 31-win Scranton team after taking the fourth seed out of Region 3 into the tourney, serving as the only 2-South Girls team to advance to Mt. Ida.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: SackAttack on June 28, 2017, 08:37:03 pm
Feeling light and refreshed after some Aristotle type thought processes that only the Inner bunch can comprehend but most cannot fire enough neural neurons to get it right. We will call them Caint Get Rights with the Bosses blessing AMEN.

Boys Rankings
1. Cornett from Concord hands down saw them play 4 or 5 times and the dude said maybe 14 words in all games combined. I wondered several times Can this guy talk? That game against Shirley in district finals was a masterpiece of mental mind control over a much more talented squad.
2A. Smith from Southside. Is it Coach Smith, Mr Smith,Sweet T, Mister Clean Tiny Tim but the guy can coach some hoops. Much talent zero talent it don't matter. some guys are only good when they are good if ya feeling me.
2B Brown. Don't like Shirley aint gonna hide it aint gonna try aint gonna lie but he aint bad. But seriously dude just coach the darn game and quit the whining and crying non stop. NON STOP> Everybody aint out to cut down the tree its really just a bad joke so CHILL.
4. Spinks. Even though he's gone from what I understand who could blame him. Zero less than zero talent but handled it better than any of the before mentioned  guys would have. Saw em twice could've showed out but didn't and that says a lot. See 2B!
5.Davis. Didn't see em play so I really can't comment much but dang go with richey shopping and buy a pair of pants that fit!
6.Egger. Probably could swap with 5 but he's here because again the smokers hated him and still throwing a party from what I hear.
7.Beck. Didn't see them either. Where the crap is Midland anyway? Is it near Overland or Underland? Seriously how do you get there

There is is for all to see and hear and taste. Mostly taste.
Cornett has always been among the best in my opinion and I don't say that just because I am from Concord. He had great success during his time at Heber Springs and Pangburn before coming back home. That game against Shirley for the district title was well orchestrated and I feel that only someone like him would know exactly how to execute that game plan like he did. I couldn't count how many times people from around the state would ask me if I knew him and would share a story about him and/or compliment him on how he gets the best out of his kids and helps them grow a deeper passion for the game. He's a class act who was born to do what he does.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley girls hired Katelyn Lane, straight out of college from Danville, hope she can get that talented group to play some good ball coming up.

ballmember

Rather have someone right out of college than those available. 

ballmember

Edgar benefitted from previous coach at timbo who went to pangburn.  Jones built the program and knows how to coach.   Tutor was head and shoulders best coach in conference.   Had practice and kids had to attend. Don't happen at some programs

Woodrow1

None of these coaches even compete with the coaches in 1A 2 North.

El Buckle will out coach all of them.

Bigtimebasketballfan

By "knows how to coach" you mean get beat first round of district again while edgar was in regionals?

Bigleague

Edgar was 1 and done at timbo all along.  And now highland has the best young coach in the state.  I wouldn't be surprised if he took highland to the state tournament in his first year. 

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Ok, was just talking to a friend and he told me that Strother (girls coach) from Concord left. Is that true? Of so, where did he go?

SackAttack

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on July 07, 2017, 07:18:18 pm
Ok, was just talking to a friend and he told me that Strother (girls coach) from Concord left. Is that true? Of so, where did he go?
Maybe they will get somebody to get the most out of that bunch

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas