• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott vs. Rose Bud Girls

Started by 3A-2 Fan, February 27, 2012, 04:27:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3A-2 Fan

I hear that Prescott is good.  What are their strengths?  I hope the Lady Ramblers can pull off the upset.  Rose Bud has a senior laden team but seemed to be out of sync a bit at the Regional tournament (struggling against Ft. Lake in the first half) and then losing to Jessieville and Ark Baptist.

foxhole1220

Quote from: 3A-2 Fan on February 27, 2012, 04:27:16 am
I hear that Prescott is good.  What are their strengths?  I hope the Lady Ramblers can pull off the upset.  Rose Bud has a senior laden team but seemed to be out of sync a bit at the Regional tournament (struggling against Ft. Lake in the first half) and then losing to Jessieville and Ark Baptist.

We played them in the semi-finals of region and lost by 12.  They are very good.  We thought we had shut down there strengths which I thought we did, which is there post and another girl #23 that is just an all around great bball player.  But they had another girl #22 go for 23pts and another came of the bench and scored 19pts.  Those girls combined scored 42 of there 52 points.  They have a really short pg that is quick and tough.  Doesn't score much but handles pressure pretty well.  There post well I don't see any other girls being stronger than her.  She is about 6'1 and is solid.  You will not be able to push her around.  Overall they are a good team. 

All I really here on the 3A board is talk about is how great other regions are and all these great players from them.  Not to many people talk about our region or players.  So I'm not sure if our region is on the same level or behind the curve.  I haven't seen any of the other girls from different regions so I don't know how we all compare.  I guess we will see this week.

BaptistFan

I think it's that way for most of us. We only get to see the teams and players in our area and will always think they are better. There are great teams in all regions!

foxhole1220

Quote from: BaptistFan on February 27, 2012, 09:50:36 am
I think it's that way for most of us. We only get to see the teams and players in our area and will always think they are better. There are great teams in all regions!

Thats probably true in some aspect.  I know Fordyce girls has a guard that is a freshman that has score 30+ a couple of games 20+ 8 or 9 games and 10+ 12 or 13 games.  She averages about 3 or 4 steals a games.  Those are great stats but I don't know if I would call her one of the top guards in the state.  If a freshman is scoring those kind of points and making steals then she is pretty good.  Don't get me wrong I think she good but I really don't want to put it out there how good she is cause you just don't know cause of not seeing other regions.  Fordyce has two freshman guards that start which one is my daughter and I am looking forward to the next 3 years of them both getting better.

Hoops4life

Foxhole1220, who do your 2 freshmen guards play for in the Spring/Summer?

foxhole1220

Quote from: Hoops4life on February 27, 2012, 10:31:46 am
Foxhole1220, who do your 2 freshmen guards play for in the Spring/Summer?

Two years ago I coached them in MAYB.  They didn't play last year.  Never could find a team for them.

Hoops4life

I coach team arkansas elite. Call me at 501-804-4345. I'd like to take a look at them. Putting up those kind of numbers is impressive.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas