• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville at Nettleton

Started by The_Pioneer, September 23, 2013, 03:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Pioneer

Does this game even need a thread?  Does Nettleton even have any fans on FF? 

cfradioguy

Hello Pioneer fans...

Does Batesville have any competition for the 5a-East title?...

Don't think Wynne has the team they had last year...Forrest City has some pretty good looking
uniforms...Beebe...Paragould...Nettleton...Greene Co...Blytheville... humm...looks like a Black n' Orange
stampede to the title...

Batesville 31 nettleton 14... 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: cfradioguy on September 23, 2013, 04:36:32 pm
Hello Pioneer fans...

Don't think Wynne has the team they had last year...Forrest City has some pretty good looking
uniforms...Beebe...Paragould...Nettleton...Greene Co...Blytheville... humm...looks like a Black n' Orange
stampede to the title...

As 9th graders, this Forrest City senior class should have beat Batesville, at least they certainly had the bigger and more athletic team.  They were simply not well disciplined.  Give mostly the same players, playing once again at FC, it may well be the game for the conference title and a good contest.  We will still be missing our starting center and two of our top defenders who are out for the season.  Some young men are going to have to step up for us to make it through the 5-A East without an upset.

walkingguy72396

Do not know much about Nettleton.  A Wynne team resting injuried players last season barely escaped.  The two teams the Raiders have  lost too this season.  I believe are 3-0.  Their only Win a trouncing of a 0-3 team.  I believe the only win Batesville has is over a team that also got a whipping by Morrilton.  Pioneers need to stay focused and take care of business or it may be a long ride home.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 23, 2013, 03:31:04 pm
Does this game even need a thread?  Does Nettleton even have any fans on FF?
No. Lol

C-Mac 73

Hello Pioneer fans...

stampede to the title...

Hey there cfradioguy. I am confident in my belief that Batesville has no real competition for the East title. Forrest City and Wynne might be able to compete with us if you consider a three touchdown spread as competition. I can't say that without sounding arrogant, and I really don't mean to. I've just seen this conference for several years and it's the same story if Wynne doesn't have a great team. Last year, they had a great team and beat us. That doesn't appear to be the case this year. If you look historically at our match-ups with the other schools, it isn't very pretty. I think Batesville rolls into the playoffs at 8-2. However, it will be important for our players to keep up the intensity against lesser competition. As we all know, anybody can beat anybody given the right circumstances. I just don't see it in the East this year. It is also very important that we get healthy. We are currently plagued by injuries.

C-Mac 73

Batesville defeats Nettleton 49-7

The_Pioneer

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 23, 2013, 11:02:45 pm
Do not know much about Nettleton.  A Wynne team resting injuried players last season barely escaped.  The two teams the Raiders have  lost too this season.  I believe are 3-0.  Their only Win a trouncing of a 0-3 team.  I believe the only win Batesville has is over a team that also got a whipping by Morrilton.  Pioneers need to stay focused and take care of business or it may be a long ride home.

According to FF, we are 12-0 against Nettleton.  I like those odds of continuing. 

Batesville 42
Nettleton 7

ahsalum

Does Nettleton even have any fans on FF? 

Internet hasn't made it to Nettleton yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Steve Perry on September 24, 2013, 08:12:23 am
Does Nettleton even have any fans on FF? 

Internet hasn't made it to Nettleton yet.

I think they've got it, but haven't figured out how to turn the computer on. They have some athetes, usually some guys that didn't cut it at JHS or not sure what school zone they live in, but outside of one season several years ago they haven't figured it out.

Batesville may win the 5A east.  However, that kind of thinking may be their downfall as well. 
At Batesville:
•   home wins charted on the wall of the field house.
•   making t-shirts forgoing to the play-offs.
•   over celebrate a conference title.

Did they "peak" last year in the semi-finals?

Tradition Rich Football Programs
•   set their Goal on a State Championship Every Year.
•   ...look at Overall State Ranking.
•   ...National Recognition.

The_Pioneer

I'm not even sure what this post is talking about. 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: #5 on September 24, 2013, 10:19:51 am
Batesville may win the 5A east.  However, that kind of thinking may be their downfall as well. 
At Batesville:

Batesville has as it's goal a championship, but to look beyond a conference title would be premature and could lead to an upset.  Overall state rank - vanity, National recognition vanityX2.  BTW, tradition rich programs put effort, sportsmanship, and teamwork.  Get those things right and the right kind of success will follow - get those wrong and while you may win, your students may not realize the real lessons which should be the goal of your program.

C-Mac 73

At Batesville:

What kind of thinking do you mean? Mine? I don't play anymore if that's what you were talking about, so I can have that opinion lol. Look, I played for Batesville in high school... started for two years and got considerable playing time sophomore year. I played junior high before that for Coach Doug Walls and pee-wee football at Cave City. So, by the time I was done I played for around ten years. I know the game very well and the 5A-East very well. I just can't personally see anyone beating us inside the conference. The conference is very weak, and I am quite confident in saying that.

However, I do realize that players should not have this mentality. I know you've got to take it on a week-by-week basis, and consider every opponent legitimate. Trust me, our players will be ready to play each and every game just like the last one. I know how things work inside the program. If you go back and look at our scores, you won't find many instances of the Pioneers overlooking a team.

Now, concerning your post... with all due respect, what are you talking about? First off, we don't make t-shirts for going to the playoffs, nor do we chart home wins on the wall of the field house. Where's the logic there? If we were going to chart wins, we would chart all of them, not just the home wins. You must be talking about the fact that we hang conference title banners. Don't most schools do this? Of course we celebrate winning conference titles. I would guess that most schools do this. Also, we DO set the state championship as a goal. Batesville has three goals every year. They are to be a team that your school and community can be proud of, win the conference title, and win the state title. These goals have been on a flyer and hung in player lockers in August for years. Concerning overall state ranking and national relevance, what do you mean? Are you saying that the players should do this? Your logic seems to be missing in this post.

Go Postal

If Harrison makes it to the football playoffs, then maybe we should do like Siloam use to do with t-shirts.  It should read...

Goblin Basketball "Semi-finals"
Goblin Baseball "Semi-finals"
Goblin Boys/Girls Soccer "State Runner-ups"
Goblin Football "There is a Goblin sneaking up on you"

LOL.  Good luck to Batesville in this game!

The_Pioneer

Sounds like another case of an opposing poster typing something out of their cornhole.  The national ranking part was just goofy.  How anyone can tell how a school in California ranks up against a school out of Georgia is lunacy. 

C-Mac 73

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 24, 2013, 08:53:40 pm
Sounds like another case of an opposing poster typing something out of their cornhole.  The national ranking part was just goofy.  How anyone can tell how a school in California ranks up against a school out of Georgia is lunacy.
Especially in high school. National rankings in college are bad enough. Remember when Shiloh was ranked #1 playing the #2 team Euless Trinity? Right...

Batesville is 1-2 going into conference play.  That 1 win was Searcy.  Get a win over a good team before you start beating you're chest.
If you can proclaim yourself 5A east champs before playing a down of football, then by you're own admission the east is weak.

king was at Batesville for 7 or 8 years before he won a play-off game.  Yes, he won a state championship.  That moved Batesville to the next level.  Batesville is a good team consistently.
However, king did order "going to the play-offs" t-shirts.
Helmet decals on the wall of the "arena" marking home wins, because for years those were the Only Wins.
and in the 1999 season when Batesville beat Newport for the first time in years they celebrated the as much or more than the state championship in 2003, then went out the next week and Lost their First Round Play-off game .

NeverQuit

#5 brings up sour grapes from the 1990s. Nice.

Intelligentsia

September 25, 2013, 12:02:01 am #20 Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:15:28 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: #5 on September 24, 2013, 09:21:10 pm
Batesville is 1-2 going into conference play.  That 1 win was Searcy.  Get a win over a good team before you start beating you're chest.
If you can proclaim yourself 5A east champs before playing a down of football, then by you're own admission the east is weak.

No chest beating on my part.  We have a pretty good team though pretty hobbled with any least four starters out this Friday, one for the season, one for at least four more weeks and two more out at least two more weeks. No chest beating, just a statement of our goal: win the conference title for a number one seed going into the playoffs.  If we don't have some kids step up we could lose as early as this Friday, not likely, but certainly possible when playing on the road.  As far as being 1-2, the losses were not by the margins as last year against a couple of pretty good team that should make it to their respective playoffs and we bounced back pretty well from last years start.

RD™

Nettleton football has been non-existiant since that RB that broke records was around.

cfradioguy

Hello Batesville folks...

Anybody remember Keith & Tiz Bowers and the McCartney boys..Luke & Lee...

Used to play softball with Keith a million years ago when he lived in Camden...
Luke & Lee were good runnin' round buddies for my sons...
Just wunderin'...

Still going with Batesville by plenty over Nettleton...And yes, Steve Perry is a very funny dude...

The_Pioneer

Ah, poor #5.  It's always a treat to watch a poster try to create stuff out of thin air.  Thanks for stopping by. 

playmaker04

C-Mac 73

Quote from: #5 on September 24, 2013, 09:21:10 pm
Batesville has been 1-2 going into conference play for the last two years. We finished both of them playing for the state title. Beat PA, White Hall, and Greenbrier twice in that span. Who's beating their chest? The East is weak. I'll refer back to this post in seven weeks and show you what I mean.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: #5 on September 24, 2013, 10:02:42 pm
king was at Batesville for 7 or 8 years before he won a play-off game.  Yes, he won a state championship.  That moved Batesville to the next level.  Batesville is a good team consistently.
However, king did order "going to the play-offs" t-shirts.
Helmet decals on the wall of the "arena" marking home wins, because for years those were the Only Wins.
and in the 1999 season when Batesville beat Newport for the first time in years they celebrated the as much or more than the state championship in 2003, then went out the next week and Lost their First Round Play-off game .
Okay, so let me get this straight. You are upset about all the things King did pre-2003, but you admit that we have had a consistently good program since then. I can't comprehend why you are bringing things up from over ten years ago to prove a point that Batesville isn't a "state championship-caliber" program. It appears to me that you are still missing on the logical points of your posts. Jealousy maybe? Are you a Newport fan?  :-[

The_Pioneer

Dear baby Jesus, please let it be a Newport fan.

Go Postal

The_Pioneer

Newport when they play a road game

Qhcaoc

Batesville is naturally the easy number 1 pick in the east but injuries may plague them this week against nettleton who is improved I think batesville wins but it will be closer than most think.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Qhcaoc on September 26, 2013, 11:22:02 am
Batesville is naturally the easy number 1 pick in the east but injuries may plague them this week against nettleton who is improved I think batesville wins but it will be closer than most think.

Agreed

User870

#5 posts nothing but negative comments about Batesville.  Read his previous posts. 

Batesville wins 42-14 and isn't in danger of losing another game until the playoffs. 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: User870 on September 26, 2013, 02:14:42 pm
#5 posts nothing but negative comments about Batesville.  Read his previous posts. 

Batesville wins 42-14 and isn't in danger of losing another game until the playoffs.

I hope your right but believe that the Forrest City game could be quite close.  You may be right about this week's score, but I don't believe that it will be a mercy rule blow out as some predict. 

Since a key factor in a deep run into the playoffs is the rate of growth in a team throughout the year, I just hope to see continued improvement, no more season ending injuries, and the development of the team as a unit.  Great coaches help teams develop to a higher degree and I believe that we have a great coaching staff.  We don't have a lot of star power, so as last year, the boys have to improve and develop as a TEAM. 

The keys areas to watch this week: 1) A likely shift to shore up the offensive line.  I believe that we will make some adjustments until we get our starting Center back later in the season, and 2) The development of the defensive secondary.  They have to play smarter AND harder.  With what is still a very good d-line despite the season ending loss of two senior starters - Huskey and Russell, teams are going to have to throw against us and we are going to have to know when and where to take the risks required to disrupt or pick-off passes. 

We have the ability to score a lot of points this year, so we just have to make a priority of developing the defense, especially the defensive secondary.  Do that and hopefully avoid any more season ending injuries and we should indeed make it to the playoffs with a number 1 seed, which is goal Number 1.  At that point we can consider the route to War Memorial.     Go Pioneers!!

ahsalum

..does Nettleton have lights at the stadium..

I mean i wasn't sure....since Nettleton doesn't have electricity yet.....didn't know if they would try to rig up some of those construction lights or not.

The_Pioneer

Squirrels on a wheel.  "Green" energy source.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: User870 on September 26, 2013, 02:14:42 pm

I'm with you on this. The only thing that should hinder us would be more devastating injuries. We need to get healthy.

Rampage72501

Sure they peaked in the semi-finals.  Every team last year held Camden Fairview scoreless in the 1st half...

NeverQuit

It wasn't pretty, but we'll take the win.  The Pioneers just couldn't get much going on offense tonight. I wonder if the injuries we've had are messing with our heads. I know our coaches will fix some of the problems we saw tonight. Let's get a win at home next week and just keep improving.

Intelligentsia

Nettleton decided to pack the line and make us throw which we did not do effectively.  We have a lot to work on, but number one is our passing attack.  Good defense and an out of sync offence tonight.  An ugly W, but a W nonetheless.

The_Pioneer

Agreed.  Crawford has a fantastic arm, but his accuracy is much like AJ Derby.  When he's off, he's way off.

A D M

Nettletons defense looked pretty good in the second half keeping Batesville scoreless. Just never could get anything going against the pioneer defense.

CIA

#5 what's the obsession with Batesville and King?  Your post history definitely shows your envy of both.  We can always make you a t shirt that says "wish I was a pioneer"

Intelligentsia

Quote from: CIA on October 04, 2013, 05:31:33 pm
#5 what's the obsession with Batesville and King?  Your post history definitely shows your envy of both.  We can always make you a t shirt that says "wish I was a pioneer"

Well said!!  Having a son who played three years for Coach King and his crew, I can say that I have never doubted their caring and concern for my son's well being and for the well being of all his player.  He and his assistants are a fine group of men who provided my son with valuable life lessons and had high expectations for their behavior on and off the field.  Oh yeah, while providing that positive atmosphere, they also have won a ton of games over the past decade, which made the experience even more special.  I know that the same can be said for the vast majority of programs across the state, but it is certainly the case with
Batesville under Coach King.

Uncle Ivan

Hello Pioneer fans...

Don't think Wynne has the team they had last year.

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on September 24, 2013, 05:08:12 am
Hello Pioneer fans...

stampede to the title...

Hey there cfradioguy. I am confident in my belief that Batesville has no real competition for the East title. Forrest City and Wynne might be able to compete with us if you consider a three touchdown spread as competition. I can't say that without sounding arrogant, and I really don't mean to. I've just seen this conference for several years and it's the same story if Wynne doesn't have a great team. Last year, they had a great team and beat us. That doesn't appear to be the case this year.

Quote from: Qhcaoc on September 26, 2013, 11:22:02 am
Batesville is naturally the easy number 1 pick in the east

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on September 26, 2013, 04:01:36 pm
The only thing that should hinder us would be more devastating injuries.

Giggle.

C-Mac 73

Wonderdog

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 04, 2013, 06:43:26 pm

Well said!!  Having a son who played three years for Coach King and his crew, I can say that I have never doubted their caring and concern for my son's well being and for the well being of all his player.  He and his assistants are a fine group of men who provided my son with valuable life lessons and had high expectations for their behavior on and off the field.  Oh yeah, while providing that positive atmosphere, they also have won a ton of games over the past decade, which made the experience even more special.  I know that the same can be said for the vast majority of programs across the state, but it is certainly the case with
not sure that it can be said for any "vast" majority. Batesville has a good thing going, hang on to it as long as Coach King decides to.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on October 05, 2013, 03:53:08 am

not sure that it can be said for any "vast" majority. Batesville has a good thing going, hang on to it as long as Coach King decides to.

Allow me to clarify.  The vast majority of coaches on the state care about their players and most are positive role models.  This, my experience through a long and  association with public schools across the state. 

Wonderdog

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 05, 2013, 01:36:41 pm
Quote from: Wonderdog09 on October 05, 2013, 03:53:08 am

Allow me to clarify.  The vast majority of coaches on the state care about their players and most are positive role models.  This, my experience through a long and  association with public schools across the state.
yea, i should have highlighted the part about winning a ton of games in the process haha

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 05, 2013, 01:36:41 pm
The vast majority of coaches on the state care about their players and most are positive role models. 

A fun thread would be regarding the coaches who aren't in that vast majority.

"Why, that kid-hating piece of crap is only here for a paycheck!"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas