• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A PLAYOFFS SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY..PER AAA

Started by BadDogGHSDogPound, November 12, 2009, 08:15:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadDogGHSDogPound

I just received this email from the AAA to the media.

Russellville – Based on the decision of circuit court judge Gordon McCain, the Class 3A state football playoffs, which were scheduled to start on Friday, will be suspended indefinitely. The ruling took place at the Pope County Courthouse on Thursday.

labandy

Not a big surprise there wonder about the indefinitely part though. Perhaps next week?

RD™

colts52

mustangcrazy

bbeagle

I agree this is not going to be a good thing. Where was the judge from? How did they get in so quick? Something doesn't seem right.

tcowell

Quote from: OhFoSho20 on November 12, 2009, 08:30:03 pm
This is a bad deal for 3A...honestly that's why we have a sanctioning body, to keep the courts out of it...

Imagine what will happen now for years to come...
If they want to keep the judges out, they need to be FAIR.

RD™

There will not be a 3A playoff this year. (This is my opinion). The AAA has a mess on their hands, and the only way out is to cut losses and move on.

Mafia_Man

If the AAA does cancel the 3A playoffs, they will have a lot larger mess on their hands than this.

Eddie Goodson

Worst case scenario will be that they will delay the playoffs a week and begin next Friday night with the corrected 3A-4 reps.

seark66

Quote from: RD™ on November 12, 2009, 08:37:28 pm
There will not be a 3A playoff this year. (This is my opinion). The AAA has a mess on their hands, and the only way out is to cut losses and move on.

I agree.  I don't see how they can correct this mess this season.

atkins_fan

November 12, 2009, 08:45:17 pm #11 Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 08:49:00 pm by atkins_fan
We here in Atkins have not heard of them suspending the playoffs....This is the biggest mess!

seark66

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 12, 2009, 08:41:11 pm
Worst case scenario will be that they will delay the playoffs a week and begin next Friday night with the corrected 3A-4 reps.

If I was Fountain Lake, Prescott and the rest of the #1s...I'd be hacked if that was the decision.  A bye, which is unfavorable anyway, turns into two dead weeks without a football game.

CHSTigersFan

Wouldn't that be something. The AAA turns into sore losers and cancels ALL 3A playoffs. That way everyone would like Lamar.
B*S*

bigman5570

Quote from: seark66 on November 12, 2009, 08:50:34 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 12, 2009, 08:41:11 pm

If I was Fountain Lake, Prescott and the rest of the #1s...I'd be hacked if that was the decision.  A bye, which is unfavorable anyway, turns into two dead weeks without a football game.
That's a load of mess

HORNET FAN

If this happens I can see alot of Lawsuits against AAA, starting with all the money schools have already spent!

GuvHog

Quote from: CHSTigersFan on November 12, 2009, 08:54:15 pm
Wouldn't that be something. The AAA turns into sore losers and cancels ALL 3A playoffs. That way everyone would like Lamar.
B*S*

I don't see that happening. I see the AAA filing an immediate appeal and
the higher court overruling the circut judge.

ViewFromAbove

I HEAR BY REQUEST THAT EVERY SCHOOL IN THE 3A PLAYOFF BRACKET FILE AN INJUCTION WITH YOUR LOCAL CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE!!  TELL THEM THE AAA HAS HURT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP DUE TO THE ENORMOUS HARDSHIP CAUSED BY THIS UNBELIEVABLE DECISION!!!  And by the way, if you don't like a RULE in the AAA handbook, just contact the LAMAR lawyer!!! He must be better than Johnny Cochran!!!

RD™

Quote from: ViewFromAbove on November 12, 2009, 09:23:19 pm
I HEAR BY REQUEST THAT EVERY SCHOOL IN THE 3A PLAYOFF BRACKET FILE AN INJUCTION WITH YOUR LOCAL CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE!!  TELL THEM THE AAA HAS HURT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP DUE TO THE ENORMOUS HARDSHIP CAUSED BY THIS UNBELIEVABLE DECISION!!!  And by the way, if you don't like a RULE in the AAA handbook, just contact the LAMAR lawyer!!! He must be better than Johnny Cochran!!!
Seriously shut up.

Coltfan2005

Gee, if they cancel the 3a playoffs...I'm getting a lawyer and sueing AAA for gross mismanagement which has resulted in severe emotional turmoil upon myself.  And the sad part is, there are lawyers who would take the case!

bbeagle

Lamar is not in the playoffs yet. They are wrong. The playoffs are postponed. I think all schools should go to the next meeting or hearing and let the courts know that we have to follow the rules or pay the consequences and lamar should too. This has messed up so many teams. If they had followed the rules this wouldn't have happened.

True Fan

BadDogGHSDogPound

If they're reports are anything like what was on here in NWA, we already know more here on Fearless.

bigman5570

Quote from: Sports_Nutt on November 12, 2009, 10:21:33 pm
Just one question here? if they do Cancel the playoffs for Class 3A wonder when they will let everyone know it's canceled? Or will it be the AAA that goes to the Media 1st then we all find out?Boy this all is crazy... If someone knows more than I do Please post.
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=98963.100

RabbitAlumni02

True Fan

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on November 12, 2009, 10:28:08 pm
If they're reports are anything like what was on here in NWA, we already know more here on Fearless.

You're right. 7 was hardly a mention.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on November 12, 2009, 10:53:02 pm
here is another article I found online....
http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1015182
Sorry...looks like someone already mentioned it in previous comments....ay,ay,ay :(

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: bbeagle on November 12, 2009, 09:58:02 pmIf they had followed the rules

I find it ironic that the AAA finally decides to drop the hammer on little Lamar and ignores years of rampant cheating by other well-known programs.

GuvHog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 12, 2009, 11:11:48 pm
Quote from: bbeagle on November 12, 2009, 09:58:02 pmIf they had followed the rules

I find it ironic that the AAA finally decides to drop the hammer on little Lamar and ignores years of rampant cheating by other well-known programs.

What's happened in this case should tell you why they are hesitant
to do so.

CHSTigerMom

I posted this question on another thread but may be more appropriate here:
I'm curious.  Whether Lamar is in the right or wrong, are they prepared to take this to the point where all playoff games are cancelled.  Is it there position that we play or no one does?

bigcat72

Quote from: RD™ on November 12, 2009, 09:47:37 pm
Quote from: ViewFromAbove on November 12, 2009, 09:23:19 pm
Seriously shut up.

R. A.™

I can  only imagine how many of the playoff bound team's superintendents, coaches, parents are up and trying to figure out what to tell the kids in the morning and also how many are seeking legal advice on what to do if there is more cancellations.

ScrapperMan

If the first round is postponed they could just get rid of the lower seeds, re-align the brackets and have a four round playoff.

muleshoe_forever

Another thought of mine.  If Lamar proves the AAA wrong and wins, how many other schools (who feel they have been shafted by the AAA over similar matters in the past) will try the court route or break away from the AAA?

johnharrison

Quote from: ScrapperMan on November 13, 2009, 01:06:38 am
If the first round is postponed they could just get rid of the lower seeds, re-align the brackets and have a four round playoff.

Ha!  Then you would have 16 3rd and 4rth seeds who got screwed far more than Lamar, most of which would sue, and at least one would find a judge who would side with them. 

Heck, Lutheran might even find one.

arthurhawgerelli

An elected judge in Lamar's district makes this ruling. 

A higher court probably reverses this ruling as early as today, but as has been speculated, the playoffs could be delayed for as long as it takes to go to some sort of a trial, which might might mean several months.

Rerun

The AAA has a phone number and fax number listed on their website.  Why don't we all start calling and faxing them little notes to "encourage" them to do whatever it takes to get these games played as soon as possible.

johnharrison

Think about this -

Lamar knows (and has known) for 2 weeks who they would play in the playoffs (if they go)  Time to see film and make a game plan.

Their opponent will have less than half that time to get ready for Lamar and even now, their coaches are having to split their time to ready ready for TWO opponents.

GIVING LAMAR MORE TIME TO PREPARE IS NOT FAIR

bootsie84

This is not a ruling but rather an injunction.  The next step is for the case to be heard and ruled upon on it's merits.  That step should probably take place fairly quickly.  Once the judge rules then that is the end of it unless the losing side appeals.  I have just heard from a coach that they have just learned that the parties involved (Lamar, AAA, Judge McCain) will be meeting again this morning.  It's possible that the judge will issue his final ruling on the case this morning.

perviseagle

will be at least Dec before they can play just heard. more than likely no 3 a playoffs this year, get your basketballs.

jay nelvin

Quote from: perviseagle on November 13, 2009, 08:08:02 am
will be at least Dec before they can play just heard. more than likely no 3 a playoffs this year, get your basketballs.

The schools should go ahead with the playoffs and at the end we can have the peoples state champion instead of the AAA state champion.  What do you think?  Lamar and Atkins can play a game to decide who moves on to the first round.  This way the fans and players both get what they want, "The Playoffs"!

3cats

Quote from: perviseagle on November 13, 2009, 08:08:02 am
Where did you hear this??

junkyard dog

Well IMHO if Lamar did have any sympathy from anyone or any school it's done down the crapper now.  You've screwed everyone.  So if they can't be happy no one should.  Sounds like a 3 year old who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  Your admin F***** U* get over it.  Learn from your mistakes.  Isn't that what high schools all about. ;D ;D ;D.  Don't take it out on the the other schools who don't even know where Lamar is on the map.  And Judas priest you've dragged Judge McCain into it.

Death_Knight

Quote from: junkyard dog on November 13, 2009, 08:42:15 am
Well IMHO if Lamar did have any sympathy from anyone or any school it's done down the crapper now.  You've screwed everyone.  So if they can't be happy no one should.  Sounds like a 3 year old who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  Your admin F***** U* get over it.  Learn from your mistakes.  Isn't that what high schools all about. ;D ;D ;D.  Don't take it out on the the other schools who don't even know where Lamar is on the map.  And Judas priest you've dragged Judge McCain into it.
I think everyone should go throw cow poo in their field tonight at midnight just to celebrate with the.

R. A.™

Unoffical word is that the playoffs will start next Friday and the championship game will be moved bacck one week, problem now is if that does happen, WMS is scheduled to tear down the pressbox on 12/14 so the crews will have the parking lot covered with steel and cranes, so there may be another variable in the mix

bleudog

Death_Knight

Quote from: R. A.™ on November 13, 2009, 08:50:48 am
Unoffical word is that the playoffs will start next Friday and the championship game will be moved bacck one week, problem now is if that does happen, WMS is scheduled to tear down the pressbox on 12/14 so the crews will have the parking lot covered with steel and cranes, so there may be another variable in the mix
Maybe they will play up on the hill.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas