• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks @ Salem

Started by hoggystyle, November 02, 2018, 11:18:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggystyle

I just have a few questions about the trip to Salem. As part of the radio station broadcast crew for the Outlaws, I was curious about accommodations. Wondering if there will be room for us (3 man crew) in the press box or if we need to make plans otherwise. I am also hoping for some input on eating recommendations nearby.

couch-coach06

GatorBall

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 02, 2018, 11:30:14 am
I'll take Dierks by 2

WOW! Now that's a BOLD prediction! Although I would like to see it happen...

Tigerbait1212

Salem has a pretty big press box. I would think they would make room for a broadcast team.

Salem and Turner will roll right on past Dierks.

paraloma

Quote from: hoggystyle on November 02, 2018, 11:18:10 am
I just have a few questions about the trip to Salem. As part of the radio station broadcast crew for the Outlaws, I was curious about accommodations. Wondering if there will be room for us (3 man crew) in the press box or if we need to make plans otherwise. I am also hoping for some input on eating recommendations nearby.

There's a Josie's or Colton's in Batesville.

couch-coach06

Quote from: GatorBall on November 02, 2018, 11:59:46 am

WOW! Now that's a BOLD prediction! Although I would like to see it happen...

;)

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: hoggystyle on November 02, 2018, 11:18:10 am

There is a Burger place in Batesville AR, It is called E &B Bigger burger! Hole in the wall place that only takes cash or check! It is SO GOOD! You will need to save room for one of their REAL MILKSHAKES ASWELL!!!

Greyhound#1

Extra Innings Pizza and Sammiches in Salem is pretty good.  We have a mexican place but hit or miss on quality.   We have a really good cafe on our court square unfortunately they close for dinner time.   We have a Dairy Queen and Sonic.  Our concession has the typical concession items nachos, burger, Frito Pie.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 02, 2018, 01:41:31 pm
Extra Innings Pizza and Sammiches in Salem is pretty good.  We have a mexican place but hit or miss on quality.   We have a really good cafe on our court square unfortunately they close for dinner time.   We have a Dairy Queen and Sonic.  Our concession has the typical concession items nachos, burger, Frito Pie.

I can't see Hoggystyle skipping out on a place that has "Sammiches" in its name.  I might just have to join him.

brown2010

bdubyab60

I think Salem is the only team moving on from the 3. Business is about to pick up for them though.

Redzone

Old Scrapper

couch-coach06

Obviously I don't think Dierks will win but I will say they played some pretty decent football down the stretch .. obviously it was against some sub par competition but congrats too Dierks staff for turning them in the right direction

godgiven999

paraloma

Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on November 02, 2018, 01:17:27 pm
There is a Burger place in Batesville AR, It is called E &B Bigger burger! Hole in the wall place that only takes cash or check! It is SO GOOD! You will need to save room for one of their REAL MILKSHAKES ASWELL!!!

Seconded.

Greyhound#1

Suppose to 37 degrees at kickoff time.  Will that be factor

Tigerbait1212

As long as Turner's legs are moving, I don't think it will be an issue

tacklethis...

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 06, 2018, 08:55:41 pm
Suppose to 37 degrees at kickoff time.  Will that be factor

Better tell the concession stand folks to stock up on hot chocolate and coffee. Win or lose Outlaws fans will consume a ton of both!

Greyhound#1

Turner 35 yd TD run 6-0 Salem

Greyhound#1

Turner  55 yd run.  Then turner 2 yd td run.  14-0 Salem 5:13 1st

Greyhound#1

Hunter Taylor 75 yd punt return followed Eli Hale 5 yard yd run.  Salem 22-0 1:31 1st

Greyhound#1

Fumble, Turner recovered, return for a 50 yd td.  28-0 Salem .42 1st

Greyhound#1

Turner 40 yd TD Salem 36-0

Greyhound#1

Turner 14 yd TD.  44-0 10:05 2nd qtr

Greyhound#1

35 yd TD run by Eli Hale 50-0 Salem 5:27 2nd

Greyhound#1

Turner 10 yd TD run.  56-0 Salem  1:06 2nd

bdubyab60

Salem should rest turner the rest of the way

Greyhound#1

Greyhound#1

Phone went dead.  62-7 final. 

Old Scrapper

SCRAPPER MOM#1

Outlaws got to play the first round of a play off (drought). Proud for them on that.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: SCRAPPER MOM#1 on November 09, 2018, 10:08:47 pm
Outlaws got to play the first round of a play off (drought). Proud for them on that.

Don't listen to folks.... Nothing like playing playoffs 1 seed or 5 seed.  When the lights come on everyone is 0-0.  Hope ya'll have a safe trip back.  It was cold outside.

Greyhound#1

I guess the little secret is probably out.  The reason we are so successful is not because Turner is jjust a beast it's because our defense gives our offense so many possessions  which allows Turner to get all those yards.  No one has even realized how good our defense is.  Best defense has ever had even better our 2012 team.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2018, 04:51:53 am
I guess the little secret is probably out.  The reason we are so successful is not because Turner is jjust a beast it's because our defense gives our offense so many possessions  which allows Turner to get all those yards.  No one has even realized how good our defense is.  Best defense has ever had even better our 2012 team.
The numbers may be better I don't know. But the conference was better in 2012. Which leads me to believe that that defense was better

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas