• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McMonk

Started by BarclayAlmanac, January 17, 2016, 10:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BarclayAlmanac

Bentonville's Malik Monk has been selected for the 2016 McDonald's All-American game in Chicago on March 30.

BigLion10

When is the Monk game on ESPN?

mtindian42

Good job Malik keep up the good work!

Rocket23

4:30 Friday on ESPNU.  Assume El Dorado will pull out all stops to get there.

bleudog

WPWells

What's a miracle about him? He's a good basketball player but I don't understand the "miracle" part of that tweet.

mack

Who cares?  He's just another player on a team that's not the Razorback's.

WPWells

+1. Tired of seeing everyone make such a big deal about Arkansas players who leave the state.

mack

Quote from: WPWells on December 18, 2016, 07:15:43 pm
+1. Tired of seeing everyone make such a big deal about Arkansas players who leave the state.

+1 back at you...

WPWells

It happens on the 3A board too with people freaking out about Austin Reaves at Wichita. If I had a nickel for every time someone said they don't know why MA didn't offer him...

elvis26

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!

Missco

He is the real deal. Kudos to him, no need to dis the kid for doing what's best for him.

Head Lion

Trivia question what 3A does he have a losing record against? 0-2 vs the Manila Lions!

WPWells

Not dissing him. Just not going to celebrate him either. He did what he thought was best for him, and in the process he isolated his home state. He treated us like dirt so why should we continue groveling at his feet?

Ctucker

Head line that means nothing he was 0-2 against 2a cedar ridge.

WPWells

Quote from: Ctucker on December 18, 2016, 11:19:24 pm
Head line that means nothing he was 0-2 against 2a cedar ridge.

Who cares?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: WPWells on December 18, 2016, 10:33:32 pm
Not dissing him. Just not going to celebrate him either. He did what he thought was best for him, and in the process he isolated his home state. He treated us like dirt so why should we continue groveling at his feet?

How did he treat the state of Arkansas like dirt? Lol that's ridiculous.

WPWells

He effectively said that Arkansas wasn't good enough for him. That's treating the state like dirt in my mind.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: WPWells on December 19, 2016, 09:11:15 am
He effectively said that Arkansas wasn't good enough for him. That's treating the state like dirt in my mind.

The University of Arkansas and the state of Arkansas are totally different things. Lol just because he didn't think a college in Arkansas was the right choice for him doesn't mean he was dissing the state.

urban legend2

Quote from: WPWells on December 18, 2016, 10:33:32 pm
Not sure what made you say he treated the state like dirt because he didn't. He made a decision to do what's best for him, not what others wanted him to do. Now if he went out and talked negatively about Arkansas, that'd be different. But I'm sure that's not the case. He's a great player who went elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't mean he dogged or isolated the state.

WPWells

That's your opinion. I think that it was a slap in the face to the people of Arkansas, particularly NWA, to move to Bentonville to gain exposure and then leave as soon as he could.

BigLion10

He's a beast no doubt

businesstron

Quote from: WPWells on December 19, 2016, 02:10:37 pm
That's your opinion. I think that it was a slap in the face to the people of Arkansas, particularly NWA, to move to Bentonville to gain exposure and then leave as soon as he could.

I live in Bentonville.  Went to plenty of his games since his sophmore year.   He made Bentonville money(game attendance) and got ESPN to come up here for a game.  This year's team is not good....they will/are missing him.   Nobody is feeling used in NWA. 

Feel blessed that you got to watch him play (if you did get to see him).  He could've did like many others around the country and went off to a prep school like Oak hill or Montverde and played his basketball.

beach bum

When it appears your future will end up that you will be the best player ever to come out of the state of Arkansas it will make people follow you....

mack

Nobody dissed his ability.  Nobody called him an axe murderer.  He turned his back on the state.  He pretty much used NWA to showcase in the largest classification.  It's true he made Bentonville relevant in basketball, so maybe that was the trade off.  His ability made him a first round pick if was at UA, ASU or UCA much less Kentucky.  It was a slap in the face.  Those of us that said 'so what' about Monk, also said we hope he makes a great living.  You act like we need to worship him.  Like I said, all he is to me, is another player on a team That isn't the UA.  He may as well have been raised in Kentucky for all I care. 

neds

Quote from: mack on December 20, 2016, 08:48:01 pm
Nobody dissed his ability.  Nobody called him an axe murderer.  He turned his back on the state.  He pretty much used NWA to showcase in the largest classification.  It's true he made Bentonville relevant in basketball, so maybe that was the trade off.  His ability made him a first round pick if was at UA, ASU or UCA much less Kentucky.  It was a slap in the face.  Those of us that said 'so what' about Monk, also said we hope he makes a great living.  You act like we need to worship him.  Like I said, all he is to me, is another player on a team That isn't the UA.  He may as well have been raised in Kentucky for all I care.

^^ sounds bitter mack

Bigleague

When Arkansas deserves to get those players they will.    But as of now, they don't deserve them.   

WPWells

^ever hear of a circular argument?

mack

Quote from: neds on December 20, 2016, 09:51:53 pm
^^ sounds bitter mack

Bitter?  Why should I, as a UA fan, care if he thrives at Kentucky?  I've already said I hope he makes a great living.  You should hope people have bitter feelings like that about you.....

urban legend2

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no fault in that at all. But can someone legitimately explain how he turned his back on this state. Thousands of kids from Arkansas go to college outside of the state. Does it mean they turned their back on Arkansas, too? Just because they were born here, grew up here, etc. doesn't mean they owe it to this state to remain here, whether it's sports related, academic related or whatever. Would we have loved for him to stay and play for a program here? Absolutely. But he did what he thought was best for him, like we all do when it comes to making tough decisions.

beach bum

December 21, 2016, 05:54:55 pm #30 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:51:26 pm by beach bum
The United States is 5% of the world and Arkansas is less than 1% of the United States.... The world is a big place and he has already moved on to bigger things. Good for him. I love Razorback basketball, but he did what is best for him and good for him. He doesn't owe this tiny slice of the planet anything.

bleudog

Kentucky vs Louisville game is on ESPN now

Louisville up 49-46 with 13:30 left in the second.

beach bum

Off topic, but in the college basketball world Grayson Allen tripped his third person in two years in Duke's game tonight. I am not usually trigger happy to suspend people for long amounts of time, but that guy needs to go away for 6 to 8 games IMO.

beach bum

Quote from: bleudog on December 21, 2016, 07:31:11 pm
Kentucky vs Louisville game is on ESPN now

Louisville up 49-46 with 13:30 left in the second.

Quite the game and quite the rivalry that is.... That was a good one.

smallybells

Quote from: beach bum on December 21, 2016, 07:50:24 pm
Off topic, but in the college basketball world Grayson Allen tripped his third person in two years in Duke's game tonight. I am not usually trigger happy to suspend people for long amounts of time, but that guy needs to go away for 6 to 8 games IMO.

If he were to go to the next level they could team him up with Draymond Green and they could double up on people.

mack

Quote from: beach bum on December 21, 2016, 05:54:55 pm
The United States is 5% of the world and Arkansas is less than 1% of the United States.... The world is a big place and he has already moved on to bigger things. Good for him. I love Razorback basketball, but he did what is best for him and good for him. He doesn't owe this tiny slice of the planet anything.

And this tiny slice owes him nothing as well.

mack

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 21, 2016, 04:20:08 pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no fault in that at all. But can someone legitimately explain how he turned his back on this state. Thousands of kids from Arkansas go to college outside of the state. Does it mean they turned their back on Arkansas, too? Just because they were born here, grew up here, etc. doesn't mean they owe it to this state to remain here, whether it's sports related, academic related or whatever. Would we have loved for him to stay and play for a program here? Absolutely. But he did what he thought was best for him, like we all do when it comes to making tough decisions.

That's all well and good.  He owes the state nothing.  I agree.  Those of us that don't like his decision owe him nothing as well.   

mtindian42

Malik declared for the draft today. Some have him going number 1 over all in the upcoming NBA draft... Good luck to Malik and his future! Hope he becomes a pacer!

Redwolves8526

In case some of you don't check the General Sports & Activities Board. Fantastic message

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/malik-monk-nba-goodbye-kentucky-basketball/

pridgehog

Malik may not have any Rings but he will be able to buy anything he wants real soon.

Idoknow

Quote from: mack on December 20, 2016, 08:48:01 pm
The pride of NLR hatred of Monk going to Kentucky when his on NLR product KeVaughn Allen went to Florida! I guess you could say that Allen turned hi back on Arkansas and Hogs as well. Does the "State of Arkansas" owe Allen anything for turning his back to the State? By the way, have you ever been to Lepanto, if not you shouldn't be concerning yourself about the way the people of Lepanto feels about Monk. "Just Saying"

jrhall2

Quote from: Idoknow on April 05, 2017, 02:55:34 pm
The pride of NLR hatred of Monk going to Kentucky when his on NLR product KeVaughn Allen went to Florida! I guess you could say that Allen turned hi back on Arkansas and Hogs as well. Does the "State of Arkansas" owe Allen anything for turning his back to the State? By the way, have you ever been to Lepanto, if not you shouldn't be concerning yourself about the way the people of Lepanto feels about Monk. "Just Saying"

I dont think anyone from NLR can talk about anyone leaving a smaller area or stage to go play for a bigger one and leaving everything they have ever known behind for a year or so  ::)

mtindian42

He will be Big Time in the NBA

mack

Quote from: jrhall2 on April 05, 2017, 03:53:08 pm
I dont think anyone from NLR can talk about anyone leaving a smaller area or stage to go play for a bigger one and leaving everything they have ever known behind for a year or so  ::)

I feel the same way about Allen.... sooo....

mack

Quote from: Idoknow on April 05, 2017, 02:55:34 pm

Just sayin' DA... I feel the same about Allen.  I could care less how well he and Florida do.  I wish him no better or worse than any other Florida player.   I have to say that at least Allen didn't play the Program.  He never considered AR. 

Idoknow

Quote from: mack on April 29, 2017, 10:46:13 am
Just sayin' DA... I feel the same about Allen.  I could care less how well he and Florida do.  I wish him no better or worse than any other Florida player.   I have to say that at least Allen didn't play the Program.  He never considered AR.
Wow, it takes you this long to respond...DA!

mack

Quote from: Idoknow on April 29, 2017, 01:12:04 pm
Wow, it takes you this long to respond...DA!

Are you always so original with your retorts?  I can probably help you if you're not smart enough. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas