• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michigan pulls out of UA Series

Started by Jack1990, July 07, 2016, 11:31:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

Michigan has pulled out of the home and home series slated for 2018-2019 against the Razorbacks.  As a result, Michigan will pay the UofA $2 million.  Wonder what is behind this decision? 

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/michigan-pulls-out-of-scheduled-football-series-with-arkansas

Longfellow

I believe it has something to do with the renewal of the Michigan/Notre Dame rivalry in 2018

WPWells

I believe it's the fact that Harbaugh sucks

ricepig

Quote from: Jack1990 on July 07, 2016, 11:31:00 am
Michigan has pulled out of the home and home series slated for 2018-2019 against the Razorbacks.  As a result, Michigan will pay the UofA $2 million.  Wonder what is behind this decision? 

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/michigan-pulls-out-of-scheduled-football-series-with-arkansas

They wanted to renew their series with ND, simple as that.

Jack1990

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2016, 12:43:11 pm
They wanted to renew their series with ND, simple as that.
And that makes sense...I had only received the notice about the cancellation at the time I made the post.  Only after that did I find out about the renewal of the ND series. 

beach bum

This was a no brainer for Michigan.... It was bad it had to happen the way it did. Why ever leave the Notre Dame series to begin with?

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on July 07, 2016, 01:51:14 pm
This was a no brainer for Michigan.... It was bad it had to happen the way it did. Why ever leave the Notre Dame series to begin with?

I think ND stopped it due to other scheduling needs, looks like they corrected those.

AirWarren

What teams are open for that game?

I overheard Stanford. Which would be a cool home and home.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2016, 04:03:04 pm
I think ND stopped it due to other scheduling needs, looks like they corrected those.

I had forgotten ND has the five game contract with the ACC. How hard would it be for them to play 3 more and just join the conference? It is Notre Dame we are talking about though so.....

LRRandy

I hated to hear that the games have been cancelled. I like to see schools from power 5 conferences schedule each other home and home. I thought it was great that Arkansas scheduled _ichigan. I hope they can find a suitable replacement instead of just another cupcake.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2016, 04:05:53 pm
What teams are open for that game?

I overheard Stanford. Which would be a cool home and home.

Hopefully, we can find another Power 5 school to replace Michigan with.  If so, here are our current options:

Boston College, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami (FL), North Carolina, Pittsburgh, TCU (already play them in 2016 and 2017), West Virginia, Michigan State, Northwestern.

Surely we could work out a home-and-home with one of those teams.

AirWarren

ricepig

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on July 07, 2016, 05:29:19 pm
Hopefully, we can find another Power 5 school to replace Michigan with.  If so, here are our current options:

Boston College, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami (FL), North Carolina, Pittsburgh, TCU (already play them in 2016 and 2017), West Virginia, Michigan State, Northwestern.

Well, it was the opening game for both of those seasons, so it might not be as simple as it would appear. I haven't checked any of those, do any of them already have a home and home with another P5?

BrianfromCarlisle

HorseFeathers

BrianfromCarlisle

mtindian42

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on July 07, 2016, 05:29:19 pm

west Virginia is equals with Arkansas y'all should play them.

Redwolves8526

mtindian42

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 09, 2016, 06:00:17 pm
Bring it on!
oh!!!!!!!!!! Phone is ringing Razorbacks fans anyone care to answer?😂😂😂

Longfellow

I'd like to see them square off once. But it will never happen, according to both head coaches

Redwolves8526

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 13, 2016, 11:59:41 am
oh!!!!!!!!!! Phone is ringing Razorbacks fans anyone care to answer?😂😂😂

Over Alcorn State or Texas State? Cmon now!

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 15, 2016, 08:58:17 am
Over Alcorn State or Texas State? Cmon now!

You play money games for money, the AD has stated and proven that numerous times. Other's are willing to play more, so it's a moot, and mute point.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on August 15, 2016, 10:15:15 am
You play money games for money, the AD has stated and proven that numerous times. Other's are willing to play more, so it's a moot, and mute point.
he just skeerd

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on August 15, 2016, 08:17:57 pm
I no scare......
no, no, no. Not Ricepig. AD. Skeerd of no win situation. Small nads. Instead of being sure a mud hole would be stomped, concerned of smallest of chances Astate might win so the game doesn't get scheduled. Small nads. Bert too.

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on August 15, 2016, 08:35:00 pm
no, no, no. Not Ricepig. AD. Skeerd of no win situation. Small nads. Instead of being sure a mud hole would be stomped, concerned of smallest of chances Astate might win so the game doesn't get scheduled. Small nads. Bert too.

I guess you would know the size of their nads, but that's your business.

LRRandy

Quote from: ricepig on August 15, 2016, 08:54:25 pm
I guess you would know the size of their nads, but that's your business.
haha. Just poking. Most big schools schedule smaller instate schools. It's not for every program and clearly not for Arkansas

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on August 15, 2016, 09:41:36 pm
haha. Just poking. Most big schools schedule smaller instate schools. It's not for every program and clearly not for Arkansas

I'm in the "it doesn't matter to me camp". I've got no problem if they do or don't play it, we've both survived without it. I do think we should for sure play baseball against ASU and UCA, for travel and better RPI games, probably some other minor sports, too.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on August 16, 2016, 07:08:13 am
I'm in the "it doesn't matter to me camp". I've got no problem if they do or don't play it, we've both survived without it. I do think we should for sure play baseball against ASU and UCA, for travel and better RPI games, probably some other minor sports, too.

Just stay away from SAU - lose/lose on that one.  :)

ricepig

mtindian42

LRRandy

http://collegespun.com/sec/arkansas/bret-bielema-trolled-michigan-schedule

Bert trolls Xichigan. Pretty funny. The writer comments about the B1G, sec bowl tie ins as maybe an opportunity for Arkansas to put it to Harbaugh. I don't think they'll be matching up in bowls any time soon.

wildcat_x-mgr

So what I'm hearing is, Michigan/Notre Dame is coming back? Awesome!

Longfellow

Yep. One of the oldest rivalries in college football. With the talent in those two programs, should be fun matchups

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: Longfellow on September 10, 2016, 01:12:21 pm
Yep. One of the oldest rivalries in college football. With the talent in those two programs, should be fun matchups

No doubt about that. I hated to see it called off in the first place, but I'm also one of those that hates to see nearly any big, historic rivalry end. I understand the desire to put new blood on the schedule, but at what cost?

Lions84

WPWells

Quote from: Lions84 on September 20, 2016, 02:38:12 pm
Gutless cowards.

Good gosh. Shotgun posting much? This thread had been dead for over 10 days

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 20, 2016, 02:39:02 pm
Good gosh. Shotgun posting much? This thread had been dead for over 10 days

Got to get that post count up some how. Lolllll.

HorseFeathers

beach bum

Valleysports

Too bad Arkansas doesn't play in-state teams.  UAPB beat, Arkansas next opponent Alcorn St, last week.  Michigan's $2 million buy-out could be dropped right in Pine Bluff, AR..

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 22, 2016, 08:31:04 am
Too bad Arkansas doesn't play in-state teams.  UAPB beat, Arkansas next opponent Alcorn St, last week.  Michigan's $2 million buy-out could be dropped right in Pine Bluff, AR..

Why would Arkansas want to over pay for a FCS team?

Valleysports

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2016, 10:03:25 am
Why would Arkansas want to over pay for a FCS team?

We are already good at that.... We already do love the FCS teams. Look at next year too! Florida A&M and Coastal Carolina is a joke. Throw in New Mexico State who might as well be FCS.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2016, 06:08:19 pm
We are already good at that.... We already do love the FCS teams. Look at next year too! Florida A&M and Coastal Carolina is a joke. Throw in New Mexico State who might as well be FCS.

Uh, paying someone $450,000(FCS pay) is not the same as paying someone Costal Carolina is moving to FBS and the Sun Belt next year, and I promise you, if we were to go undefeated, we'd make the playoffs with that schedule. And no, I'm not predicting that at all, lol.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas