• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Koran

Started by Wampus_Cat, March 31, 2009, 02:49:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

Quote from: phdefense on September 17, 2009, 02:18:15 pm
Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 17, 2009, 01:46:15 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on September 16, 2009, 03:39:40 pm
Quote from: Jesusfreak on September 16, 2009, 03:29:16 pm
Billyo62, all jokes aside, trust me, there is a God. I'm sorry that you don't believe that. I'm not trying to judge you or mess with you at all. I know this is an old saying, but if you found a watch on the ground, would you think that time, chance, wind, etc. somehow molded the metal and components together to form the watch? Of course not.

Then just look at yourself. Even the smallest cell in your body is a million times more intricate and complex than the most elabarate watch in the world. Look how they form tissues and organs and systems. Think about your eye, with its automatic aiming mechanism, auto focusing, and automatic aperture adjustment,etc.. The complexity of it. Our DNA stores more information than the most sophisticated computer storing devices. The information storage capacity of our brains is staggering.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on and on. In short, our bodies are a marvel of engineering and design. And just as every watch has a watchmaker, you have a maker as well. Design demands a designer.

Evidence of creation is all around you if will only see it.

By the way, I was an atheist for many years. I used to enjoy telling all those "unenlightened" Christians how their God was a figment of their imagination.I loved mocking peoples faith. Turns out I was the unenlightened one...

Lets just say I saw the light. Now I'm just a plain ole Jesusfreak! LOL I would have NEVER believed it if someone would have told me I would become a Christian back then!

I just pray that GOD opens every door needed for you to see that he is real. Take care.

Honestly-- Thank you for your compassion, but you may need to ask yourself, when there is something that can't be explained why do you rely on the make believe to fill in the answers , because you can't understand it must be a higher power....kind of like when the church imprisoned scientists when they said the world was round....and that the earth actually revolved around the sun and not the sun around the earth.....

Have faith...but that's all it is ...it's not real and has nothing to do with the outcome of anything!
Does God exist?  As a Christian, I have faith in that notion.  Let us say, however, for the sake of arguement, that you are right:  he does not.  What then has happened to me:  I've lived a life (mostly) that was gentle to other people, tried to do right, had friends and acquaintainces that mostly tried to do the same.  If I'm wrong, then what sweet delusion.

That is a very good delivery of Pascal's Wager/Gambit.

Not really.  Pascal's Wager is about what Pascal had to lose; my gambit is about what I've gained.

Wampus_Cat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas