• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 A baseball

Started by Bigblkcat, April 14, 2019, 07:57:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigblkcat

Who are the front runners in 3A this year .

baseball_fan1

CAC, Harding and Genoa in my opinion. How good is Tuckerman and Fountain Lake?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: baseball_fan1 on April 15, 2019, 08:17:46 am
CAC, Harding and Genoa in my opinion. How good is Tuckerman and Fountain Lake?

Tuckerman and Palestine have both beaten Harding in conference

big E

PW got their best pitcher back , and one of their best bats and it has made a big difference with them.

Bigblkcat

Ashdown and fouke shld be in the mix also they are battling it out with genoa in that conference. The east kid for fouke hit 2 bombs on Genoa's ace last night but lost 8-6 so everyone better be watching out for him when hes at the plate . Ashdown has 3 gd pitchers but there def is suspect and It just depends on what Genoa team shows up to play although they look like they are starting to put it together under there new coach.

Mr.Swine89

Rosebud is tough this year at the plate. They have a good arm. Well coached it seems like.
Elkins can swing it but pitching is suspect and they have an arrogance about them that is tough to watch sometimes.
Valley Springs has a really tough lefty (Nelle) but struggle driving in runs.
Greenland isn't consistent enough this year but Anderson is good.
Charleston has an ace (Ross) and can swing it, but have nothing after Ross on the mound.

These are the 5 best I've seen in my area in 3A. None are going to win state, but all competitive teams.

Rick Swines

Manilla and Walnut Ridge are the best in NEA.  Not sure either has the pitching to win it all.

RedWolf275

Walnut Ridge beat Manila 4-1 yesterday to win the 3A-3

big E

PW plays walnut ridge Friday so we will get a good reference on the two confetences.

birddawg1986

Quote from: big E on April 17, 2019, 07:18:48 pm
PW plays walnut ridge Friday so we will get a good reference on the two conferences.
That's one thing about Bramlett at WR his team might have double digits losses but he plays a very difficult schedule every season. His teams are definitely ready when the postseason rolls around.

neafan1

I guess this has turned into a 3A-3 thread lol. Gosnell wins the district tourny and possibly the region. Watch and see !!

Mark Few's pupil

What are your thoughts on Max Preps Rankings entering district tournament week? 
(I only went with the top 16 teams since that is all that makes the state tournament.)

1 - CAC
2 - Harding Academy
3 - Genoa Central
4 - Tuckerman
5 - Fountain Lake
6 - Charleston
7 - Haskell
8 - Ashdown
9 - Elkins
10 - Manilla
11 - Mayflower
12 - Baptist Prep
13 - Fouke
14 - DeWitt
15 - Gosnell
16 - Atkins

Region 1 has 2 teams in top 16
Region 2 has 6 teams in top 16
Region 3 has 4 teams in top 16
Region 4 has 4 teams in top 16

Some really good teams out of Region 2 won't even make the state tournament. 

big E

Throw PW and Walnutridge into the equation and region 3 is gonna be tough.

Mark Few's pupil

Booneville with a big win vs Charleston last night 4-2.  They are a dark horse in region 2.  Great hitters and defense and maybe enough pitching to get to the state tournament.

southharrison17

What happened to Mountain View last night? They collapsed at the end of the season with 5 straight losses including a loss last night to a worse than average Green Forest team. They started conference play 8-0 and since haven't won a game and have a run differential of 55-18. 

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Mark Few's pupil on April 20, 2019, 07:42:11 pm
What are your thoughts on Max Preps Rankings entering district tournament week? 
(I only went with the top 16 teams since that is all that makes the state tournament.)

1 - CAC
2 - Harding Academy
3 - Genoa Central
4 - Tuckerman
5 - Fountain Lake
6 - Charleston
7 - Haskell
8 - Ashdown
9 - Elkins
10 - Manilla
11 - Mayflower
12 - Baptist Prep
13 - Fouke
14 - DeWitt
15 - Gosnell
16 - Atkins

Region 1 has 2 teams in top 16
Region 2 has 6 teams in top 16
Region 3 has 4 teams in top 16
Region 4 has 4 teams in top 16

Some really good teams out of Region 2 won't even make the state tournament.

Harding is the 3 seed in their own district tournament... Tuckerman and Palestine Wheatley have both beaten them in conference. Don't think they should be #2

BoogieMan27

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 23, 2019, 11:42:49 am
Harding is the 3 seed in their own district tournament... Tuckerman and Palestine Wheatley have both beaten them in conference. Don't think they should be #2
Whoever made this is going off of tradition or something. Because this HA team is a shell of what they usually are. 3A seems to be down a little this year. There are no clear front runners. That should make these last few weeks pretty fun.

athletic supporter

Atkins 14
Jessieville 2

Atkins clinches a share of the conference championship. This is the 1st conference championship EVER in baseball for the Red Devils. Congrats guys!!!

big E

Dont put much stock in max prep's rankings.

Sports1511

Gosnell over Manila 5-4 in 11 innings

neafan1

Walnut Ridge wins 13-8 over Gosnell to win the district.

1 - Walnut Ridge - quite a few big kids that can swing it. I've seen 2 pitchers that can win with when they're on

2 - Gosnell - Young athletic team with speed. Downfall is pitching and this time of year it helps to have it. They're scrappy and will be a tough out. No real big bats but seem to use their speed to manufacture runs and play D.

3 - Manila - from what I've seen similar to Walnut Ridge. 1 above average pitcher with another good enough to win when on. Looked to hit about 1-6

4 - Piggott - Haven't seen

Sports1511

I think with playing the day before and then playing 18 innings back to back the next day would cause a lot of teams to have pitching issues, but that's the breaks of trying to get the tournament in in one day.

YSpanther

Quote from: southharrison17 on April 23, 2019, 10:49:34 am
What happened to Mountain View last night? They collapsed at the end of the season with 5 straight losses including a loss last night to a worse than average Green Forest team. They started conference play 8-0 and since haven't won a game and have a run differential of 55-18.
That is an excellent question.  Yellville played them during spring break without several starters and lost pretty handily, but on the return trip they beat us 9-5, but we were low on pitching after several conference games.  They looked pretty solid each time. But we definitely competed with them the second time.

birddawg1986

Quote from: neafan1 on April 24, 2019, 09:02:06 pm
Walnut Ridge wins 13-8 over Gosnell to win the district.

1 - Walnut Ridge - quite a few big kids that can swing it. I've seen 2 pitchers that can win with when they're on

2 - Gosnell - Young athletic team with speed. Downfall is pitching and this time of year it helps to have it. They're scrappy and will be a tough out. No real big bats but seem to use their speed to manufacture runs and play D.

3 - Manila - from what I've seen similar to Walnut Ridge. 1 above average pitcher with another good enough to win when on. Looked to hit about 1-6

4 - Piggott - Haven't seen
Was a good district tournament. If you played five times you would probably get five different winners. WR is probably the most talented/coached team, Gosnell is athletic/but young. Manila has good players/coach but need to leave half of the complaining parents at home. Piggott can hit that ball 1-9.

Mr.Swine89

Quote from: southharrison17 on April 23, 2019, 10:49:34 am

Mt. View got a played the easier part of the conference at the start and then got a little cocky when they played GF. GF has a decent arm and he just threw strikes and got MV to pop the ball up. GF is hitting the ball well right now but have nothing on the mound after Bailey. I'd guess Valley will beat them in the 3-4 game at Clinton. The Rosebud - Clinton game should be a good one today for the #1 seed in the region.

3asports

What happened to Elkins?!

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: 3asports on April 28, 2019, 06:35:00 pm
What happened to Elkins?!

I thought Elkins would be really good this year.  They didn't play well in the district tournament for sure.  Now they have to play Clinton first round of regionals to get to the state tournament.  It's all about your draw and how well you are hitting the ball as a team in regionals and state tournament. 

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on April 23, 2019, 12:52:51 pm
Whoever made this is going off of tradition or something. Because this HA team is a shell of what they usually are. 3A seems to be down a little this year. There are no clear front runners. That should make these last few weeks pretty fun.

People said that HA was down last year.  The Max prep rankings are definitely based on strength of schedule and they have played a top 5 schedule up till now.  I guess we will find out this week.

neafan1

So for those who know what's the book on the 3a - 2 teams. Strengths / weaknesses / predictions? Just from looking at scores alone it looks like Harding Academy is peaking and playing good ball at the right time.

southharrison17

So what's the predictions on the Clinton-Elkins Game and how good is Elkins number 1, I watched the Clinton/Rosebud game and Clinton seems to have a good number 1 pitcher and can hit the ball in holes.

Mr.Swine89

Quote from: southharrison17 on May 01, 2019, 11:29:46 pm
So what's the predictions on the Clinton-Elkins Game and how good is Elkins number 1, I watched the Clinton/Rosebud game and Clinton seems to have a good number 1 pitcher and can hit the ball in holes.

I think Clinton beats them. Elkins doesn't have much on the mound. No velo at all but decent breaking stuff. They just rely on pitching to contact and playing solid D behind it. Elkins looked bad in the district tourney. They acted like they didn't even want to be there.

Clinton has a good arm with Hogue and play good D behind him. They are the hottest team in 3A right now I'd bet. After Hogue, Clinton has very little on the mound that is consistent, but the same story is true for Elkins. It should be a good game.

What about Valley Springs and Lincoln or Rose Bud and West Fork?

Does anyone know if they are even playing today at Westfork? or Lincoln? I heard they had to possibly move some games.

baseball_fan1

The baseball games are going to be in Lincoln. Not sure about softball.

whippersnapper

Region 1 baseball will be played at Lincoln. Softball will be at Gary Hampton Park in Fayetteville

whippersnapper

Elkins beat Clinton earlier. Not sure of score. But Lincoln just beat valley springs 4-3. Lincoln vs Elkins at noon tomorrow

Rick Swines

Piggott beat tuckerman in 13 innings 4-3

bodycounTT

Gosnell walks it off in 10 innings to beat PW 3-2.

neafan1

Quote from: Rick Swines on May 02, 2019, 04:04:29 pm
Piggott beat tuckerman in 13 innings 4-3
Nice 4-1 upset

neafan1

Cave City over Walnut Ridge 2 - 0

bodycounTT

Cheek

Head Lion

Sports1511

Mr.Swine89

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 02, 2019, 02:25:42 pm
Elkins beat Clinton earlier. Not sure of score. But Lincoln just beat valley springs 4-3. Lincoln vs Elkins at noon tomorrow

Elkins beat Clinton 17-3

Valley's lefty held Lincoln to 2 hits and struck out 13+ I believe. Is he going to college anywhere? Lincoln just relied on Valley to make a couple errors and that did them in.

GF played Charleston and lost 6-0. They played them a lot better than expected. Ross had to throw the entire game.

CatPride

Lamar takes CAC to the wire, but losses on a walk-off HR. 6-5 final.

Head Lion

Region 3 Champs Manila Lions

Bigblkcat

Genoa beat Drew Central 24-2  Fouke best McGehee 12-1 & Dewitt beat Smackover 7-4.

athletic supporter

Harmony Grove 1
Atkins 0

A great game even though my team lost

2fe

Baptist 11  Fountain Lake 2 - another #1 goes down first round
Booneville 7  Mayflower 3

RedWolf275

Quote from: Head Lion on May 03, 2019, 07:00:41 pm
Region 3 Champs Manila Lions

Congrats to the Manila Lions!!

dirtbagger