• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manila Lions

Started by Head Lion, September 02, 2017, 08:50:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxandHound34

Head Lion

Riverside won big, I was home sick

teh29

Quote from: Head Lion on January 30, 2019, 08:07:11 am
Both sides have agreed to an exhibition type game, starters playing 1st half & reserves playing 2nd.

Why is this? Why isn't it just an end of season game between 2 good teams?.. And please don't use "possible injury" as an excuse after what I seen tonight. 

Also,  since the teams aren't going to treat it like a real game and more of an "exhibition".. Does that mean everyone gets in free? If I pay my money I'd like to see a ball game..  Not a scrimmage/walk through

RedWolf275

Yeah, this sounds very strange to me also.

Head Lion

Lions vs Noles for jr hi District championship Saturday night, would you really expect anything else. Go Lions!!!

teh29

Hey head Lion..  Care to respond to my previous post about the mt v.  Manila game?

Head Lion

Quote from: teh29 on February 06, 2019, 10:04:22 pm
Hey head Lion..  Care to respond to my previous post about the mt v.  Manila game?
sent you a PM

birddawg1986

Seems like Manila didnt want there Sr night spoiled.

biglion1985

You know it has to be agreed on both sides so I guess you can blame marked tree as well

teh29

I'm going to need to confirm this with some inside sources from both sides. .  Stay tuned lol

birddawg1986

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 06, 2019, 11:57:42 pm
You know it has to be agreed on both sides so I guess you can blame marked tree as well
I'm sure it was mutual. I know MT wanted to get the 4 Jr. High kids that are moving up some PT with the Sr boys. Wilburn has some nice size on her Jr team.

biglion1985

Hey I am not doubting anybody on this it's just a couple is saying it like it's manila's fault but should be a good game between two great teams I am gonna be there cheering for my team

Head Lion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 06, 2019, 10:33:10 pm
Seems like Manila didnt want there Sr night spoiled.
Marked Tree doesn't even know anyone who could beat us, lil on them.

Head Lion

Lions up 21-10 on Marked Tree after 1, pulling our starters.

birddawg1986

MT rolled over Manila by10

NEABBALLFAN03

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 08, 2019, 10:17:05 pm
MT rolled over Manila by10
Let's not even go there.  Lion's starters were taken out after 1st quarter.  They finally pulled all theirs in 4th quarter after they finally got the lead against Manila's third string.  If you were there you know how it went down.  Not taking anything away from MT but these two teams are not on the same level.

biglion1985

Yeah that's true you seen when all the starters were in you seen what the score was

ISU7

Golden State will lose to Manila in Manila. 🤣🤣

Head Lion

Manila was easily on the way to running them out of the gym. They like most were having trouble scoring & had no answer to stop our multiple threats. It kinda hacked me off, but we stuck to original agreement all night after being up 17 early. They played the main string til last 3 minutes & started pressing once our starters were out. Believe you me, Coach W want forget this.

ISU7

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 06, 2017, 07:16:01 am
After watching most of the state tournament last year I'd say Manila is the team to beat this year. This is especially true since ECS lost the Robinson kid. However, March is a long way off!
Nice prediction Redwolf275  ;D ;D ;D ;D

RedWolf275

Give me a break ISU, that was for last year lol! Baptist Prep has been my pick for the current year all along! But I'm starting to think fellow private school Harding Academy could be a threat. It really helps when you get a "transfer" like the Patterson kid.

teh29

Seen online where Manila has an opening for 7-12 boys basketball coach...  Which one on the current staff is being replaced? Or is the jr high coach only coaching girls next year?

RedWolf275

They aren't talking much at Manila.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: teh29 on February 25, 2019, 10:27:46 pm
Seen online where Manila has an opening for 7-12 boys basketball coach...  Which one on the current staff is being replaced? Or is the jr high coach only coaching girls next year?
He's going to stay with just girls for next year.

Mustang_4

NEark tigers

When will Manila schedule Earle? I sure miss those days....LOL

LRRandy

Radiotalker

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 26, 2019, 01:34:17 pm
When will Manila schedule Earle? I sure miss those days....LOL

they don't want the Bulldogs. Anybody that starts beating them on a regular basis they will drop.  ;D

NEark tigers

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 26, 2019, 02:57:01 pm
they don't want the Bulldogs. Anybody that starts beating them on a regular basis they will drop.  ;D
That's about right, par for the course.......

teh29

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 26, 2019, 06:48:27 am
They aren't talking much at Manila.

Well,  for fun..  Let's say they are?! There have been Alot of changes take place in manila this past year. 

2 more that I personally see on the horizon..  Next year both the high school boys basketball and football teams will have new head coaches..

I honestly believe the choice for football coach has already been made (though it hasn't been confirmed yet). And I also believe manila has a very short wish list for basketball coach..  And it's going to be a bombshell when/if it goes through. I think they have their eye on a particular coach, and depending on if they lure said coach away will decide how they move forward. 

No offense to any current coach on staff..  But there have been several new faces added to the payroll,  and I don't think it stops just yet.   

Radiotalker

Quote from: teh29 on February 26, 2019, 09:24:08 pm
Well,  for fun..  Let's say they are?! There have been Alot of changes take place in manila this past year. 

2 more that I personally see on the horizon..  Next year both the high school boys basketball and football teams will have new head coaches..

I honestly believe the choice for football coach has already been made (though it hasn't been confirmed yet). And I also believe manila has a very short wish list for basketball coach..  And it's going to be a bombshell when/if it goes through. I think they have their eye on a particular coach, and depending on if they lure said coach away will decide how they move forward. 

No offense to any current coach on staff..  But there have been several new faces added to the payroll,  and I don't think it stops just yet.   

Bill Taylor?

teh29

The one name I've heard mentioned..  Was mentioned in passing..  Almost as a side comment and probably didn't hold any weight.  But,  when it was said,  the moment made sense..  And the longer I've thought about it,  the more it makes ALOT of sense,  for more than 1 reason.  I wont mention the name due to the facts that 1 it was simply said in a casual conversation that actually had nothing to do with a change in head coach,  and 2.. More importantly,  the coach is currently coaching in a state tournament and I'd hate for someone to read the name, take it way too seriously,  and approach the other coach with it at this time.  But it was not bill Taylor.

biglion1985

Was it the boys or girls cause honestly this is the first I have heard of it

Eaglehawk535

What makes you guys think Coach Wimberley is leaving?

Mustang_4

Where's Head Lion when we need him most?

adakaj

Sure ya'll aren't talking about Birmingham taking over the girls program next year?!?

teh29

Birm is taking over the girls.  He coached both the girls and jr high boys this year.  I noticed that the posting for coach has been changed to assistant coach...  So apparently they are only looking for someone to coach the jr high boys.  But,  I still know what was said...  We shall see. 

birddawg1986

Wimberley always had good regular season records but was not very successful come postseason time. Unless your from Manila you wouldn't think of him as a great coach but just s good coach. His friends are great coaches Gross, Whitmire, Brannen, Swift, Taylor. He must be going into administration.

ISU7

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 01, 2019, 11:47:00 pm
Wimberley always had good regular season records but was not very successful come postseason time. Unless your from Manila you wouldn't think of him as a great coach but just s good coach. His friends are great coaches Gross, Whitmire, Brannen, Swift, Taylor. He must be going into administration.
In fairness to coach Wimberly. Manila has always had a good regular season, but postseason runs end up short except the blow out loss to Earle in the 2010 state finals. 8)

teh29

Received a photo today.  It was a screenshot of facebook.  Apparently coach W is testing the housing market in manila.  He posted his house for sale.  In fairness,  the post also states that he plans to stay in manila even if it sales..  But..  Interesting... 

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: teh29 on March 19, 2019, 01:47:23 pm
Received a photo today.  It was a screenshot of facebook.  Apparently coach W is testing the housing market in manila.  He posted his house for sale.  In fairness,  the post also states that he plans to stay in manila even if it sales..  But..  Interesting...

Every person in Manila is testing the real estate market. It's a really good market. I don't blame him. We (real estate agents) get multiple calls daily if people wanting to know about property in Manila.

teh29

Well I would agree.  But why go through both the selling and buying process only to stay in town? Id understand if kids graduated and a downsize was needed,  or maybe even if Alot of remodeling had been done which resulted in alot of equity..  Just seems like Alot to deal with only to "move down street a few houses"

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: teh29 on March 19, 2019, 08:57:14 pm
Well I would agree.  But why go through both the selling and buying process only to stay in town? Id understand if kids graduated and a downsize was needed,  or maybe even if Alot of remodeling had been done which resulted in alot of equity..  Just seems like Alot to deal with only to "move down street a few houses"

I think Lee bought that house before he got married. Now that mama is in the picture she may want something else. We all know how that goes  ;D

OB11

There is an assistant prinicpal/athletic director job posted on SchoolSpring at Manila.

OC

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 01, 2019, 11:47:00 pm

First off I have many friends that are better coaches than me and for you leave them off the list is insulting. Jerry Bridges, Kenton Weaver, Ben Lindsey, Mark McCord....etc etc etc. The only dispute I have is you say we haven't had succsss in the post season...we have won the schools first and second regional championship, we also have made trips to the quarter finals 2 years in a row. I don't need credit, the kids are the ones who make possible, for me tomorrow at night

ISU7

Quote from: OC on May 27, 2019, 03:28:13 pm
First off I have many friends that are better coaches than me and for you leave them off the list is insulting. Jerry Bridges, Kenton Weaver, Ben Lindsey, Mark McCord....etc etc etc. The only dispute I have is you say we haven't had succsss in the post season...we have won the schools first and second regional championship, we also have made trips to the quarter finals 2 years in a row. I don't need credit, the kids are the ones who make possible, for me tomorrow at night
Exactly OC 100%

BoxNOne

July 16, 2019, 11:36:33 am #196 Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:38:28 am by BoxNOne
Quote from: OC on May 27, 2019, 03:28:13 pm

Mark McCord? Really?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas