• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 scores Boys/Girls

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 22, 2017, 02:53:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 03, 2018, 05:50:42 pm
First game of Jr Girls District
Harrisburg 3
Brookland 16-4  54
F

Pocahontas over Cave City
Highland over Westside 27-21
Trumann was up on Gosnell 33-17 when I left
Highland escapes! Pena girl gets 3 fouls in first 3 minutes and maybe played 11 minutes.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 04, 2018, 05:27:50 pm #51 Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:32:57 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
From what I saw, Highland hung on, Westside missed 2 layups and had an unforced turnover with a little over a min left.
Pena is definitely their main player, they looked  a little lost without her on the floor. Really good shooter and ball handler. Not a very deep bench. Should be a good game with Trumann. Best of luck to the Lady Rebels!!
We will have our hands full with Pocahontas. Hopefully we meet in finals!!

2/8
4:00  Brookland vs Pocahontas
6:30  Highland vs Trumann

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 04, 2018, 05:27:50 pm
From what I saw, Highland hung on, Westside missed 2 layups and had an unforced turnover with a little over a min left.
Pena is definitely their main player, they looked  a little lost without her on the floor. Really good shooter and ball handler. Not a very deep bench. Should be a good game with Trumann. Best of luck to the Lady Rebels!!
We will have our hands full with Pocahontas. Hopefully we meet in finals!!

2/8
4:00  Brookland vs Pocahontas
6:30  Highland vs Trumann
Good luck to you guys as well! Every game our Jr Girls play is tough because of our depth and youth. No excuses we gotta play really good to get Trumann again! Hope to get by them to see y'all in final. Yes, they are lost without her. Next year they'll have to do it without her! From what I've heard, she will replace the Sr point guard next year. I have no connections with team so it is just hear say. I follow all highland sports and have a Sr, who doesn't leave the bench, who plays on the boys Sr team.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 05, 2018, 11:14:32 am
Good luck to you guys as well! Every game our Jr Girls play is tough because of our depth and youth. No excuses we gotta play really good to get Trumann again! Hope to get by them to see y'all in final. Yes, they are lost without her. Next year they'll have to do it without her! From what I've heard, she will replace the Sr point guard next year. I have no connections with team so it is just hear say. I follow all highland sports and have a Sr, who doesn't leave the bench, who plays on the boys Sr team.

Thank you, I could see her getting moved up next year, and would do well.
I don't have one playing basketball, but I have one that plays baseball. Does your son play baseball also?
I heard Brookland jr boys won at pocahontas over Harrisburg, any more updates from games tonight?

boss85

Westside Boys over Pocahontas

Highland Boys over Trumann

Cave City Boys over Gosnell

87DAWG

February 06, 2018, 03:36:06 pm #55 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:40:31 pm by 87DAWG
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 05, 2018, 08:33:46 pm

Thank you, I could see her getting moved up next year, and would do well.
I don't have one playing basketball, but I have one that plays baseball. Does your son play baseball also?
I heard Brookland jr boys won at pocahontas over Harrisburg, any more updates from games tonight?
+1 to boss85. My son runs Cross Country, new this year to Highland, plays basketball and track. Good luck to Y'all in Baseball this year!!

smallybells

Jr High Girls

Perryville 40

Bigelow 28  F

smallybells

November 13, 2018, 05:37:50 pm #57 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:53:53 pm by smallybells

Neckred

Whenever someone says no excuses that always means there are excuses.  Kind of like whenever someone says to make a long story short its always too late the story is already long. 

cannon

Quote from: Neckred on November 15, 2018, 10:43:04 am
Whenever someone says no excuses that always means there are excuses.  Kind of like whenever someone says to make a long story short its always too late the story is already long.

Meh.

No excuses, our girls lost to MacArthur. And to make a long story short, they lost by 4.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 16, 2018, 09:36:01 pm
Meh.

No excuses, our girls lost to MacArthur. And to make a long story short, they lost by 4.

Cannon ,
Take it easy on the Jr Brookland girls tomorrow at Paragould.
VV has a real good Jr girls team.

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 16, 2018, 09:45:09 pm
Cannon ,
Take it easy on the Jr Brookland girls tomorrow at Paragould.
VV has a real good Jr girls team.

I've got a feeling that one will be more competitive than the last time they met at team camp this summer. I watched Brooklands girls at Paragould this week, and they looked much more composed. Simpkins is really stepping up her game.

Brookland is just breaking in a brand new coach, they graduated up an exceptional group of sophomores, and I'm sure it'll take them a few games to find their groove. Nonetheless, I don't expect to see a blowout, and I think Brooklands girls will continue to improve through the season.

Our girls are inconsistent.  They can play with pretty much any team in the state when they're clicking, but I watched them come out of the first quarter with a 13-2 deficit earlier this week against Paragould, and then go into the half with a couple point lead. You just never know who'll show up.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 16, 2018, 10:35:34 pm
I've got a feeling that one will be more competitive than the last time they met at team camp this summer. I watched Brooklands girls at Paragould this week, and they looked much more composed. Simpkins is really stepping up her game.

Brookland is just breaking in a brand new coach, they graduated up an exceptional group of sophomores, and I'm sure it'll take them a few games to find their groove. Nonetheless, I don't expect to see a blowout, and I think Brooklands girls will continue to improve through the season.

Our girls are inconsistent.  They can play with pretty much any team in the state when they're clicking, but I watched them come out of the first quarter with a 13-2 deficit earlier this week against Paragould, and then go into the half with a couple point lead. You just never know who'll show up.

I believe we have a couple 7th Graders starting for us, this we help us in the long run. I really like our 7th girls ,pretty good athletes in that group. Simpkins is the only one that saw pt on Jr team last year....are new sophs are going to help our SR team with depth

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 16, 2018, 10:46:31 pm
are new sophs are going to help our SR team with depth

Yes they will. Ford, Gramling, Boling.  All good kids, great players, and they're already having a legit impact on that team. Can't see em losing many over the next 3 seasons.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 17, 2018, 06:21:03 pm
Yes they will. Ford, Gramling, Boling.  All good kids, great players, and they're already having a legit impact on that team. Can't see em losing many over the next 3 seasons.

They are all working hard to get PT

cannon

Girls:

Valley View 32
Beebe        28

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 19, 2018, 06:17:05 pm
Girls:

Valley View 32
Beebe        28

Congrats to the Jr Lady Blazers

cannon

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 19, 2018, 07:04:43 pm
Thank you sir.  It was a battle.

Yes sir , sounds like it!!

Brookland Jr Girls
Over Bay 38-18
Simpkins 17pts

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Brookland 24
Nettleton 27
F

Simpkins 13pts

NEA Razorback olfan

Jr Boys
Brookland 31
Paragould 29
F

cannon

Hey!  Congrats. That's a big win.

cannon

Boys
Valley View 43
Annie Camp 37
Final.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 30, 2018, 08:33:11 pm
Boys
Valley View 43
Annie Camp 37
Final.

Congrats to y'all too , that is a big win also!!

cannon

Girls:
Valley View 44
Batesville 34
F

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls 
Brookland 24
Pocahontas 34
F

cannon

Boys
Valley View 55
Batesville 51
F. OT

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland JR boys over Westside by 3 tonight

cannon

Girls
Valley View 44
Southside 21
F

cannon

Boys:
Brookland  45
Valley view: 39
F

Girls
Valley View won over a Brookland team that fought hard.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 14, 2018, 08:23:14 pm
Boys:
Brookland  45
Valley view: 39
F

Girls
Valley View won over a Brookland team that fought hard.

VV JR Girls looked good , very talented group!!

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 14, 2018, 10:21:46 pm
VV JR Girls looked good , very talented group!!

Thank you, sir. I'm pretty partial to them.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 14, 2018, 10:51:45 pm
Thank you, sir. I'm pretty partial to them.

Yes sir!!
I saw great sportsmanship tonight by both teams also.

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 14, 2018, 11:05:43 pm
Yes sir!!
I saw great sportsmanship tonight by both teams also.
Always. They're good kids, and they know each other. With both teams, my observation has been that they play hard, leave it all on the court, and then hug each other when it's over.

cannon

December 17, 2018, 07:22:30 pm #86 Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:35:47 pm by cannon
Girls
Valley View 56
Blytheville less than 56
F

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas