• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison vs. Alma

Started by GOBbledygook, January 27, 2011, 04:14:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rjrose

Quote from: ABâ„¢ on January 30, 2011, 09:29:16 pm
Quote from: rjrose on January 30, 2011, 09:04:45 pm
Quote from: NOV_CLASSIC58 on January 30, 2011, 08:42:57 pm
Quote from: rjrose on January 29, 2011, 07:32:24 pm
Quote from: NOV_CLASSIC58 on January 29, 2011, 02:26:52 pm
Harrison wasnt missing anything last night and Alma couldnt buy a three, bad night for the Dales. Cant wait to see the rematch at Airedale Arena!
Actually, Harrison didn't have a great shooting night.  They had a good one but not "wow" numbers.  We were 10/23 from the 3 point line for 43% and 25/54 overall for 46% so that wasn't the reason Harrison won.  We got beat by 9 at Huntsville and they shot 65% from the 3 point line.  Now that is "wow" shooting.  We won big because of good defense, we controlled the boards, and we for the most part we took good shots.  We took a few 3's that were a little deep but other than that it was a great team win.  I know when you hit 10 3's it seems like we shot lights out but we average about 10 3's a game for the year.  In our 3 losses this year we didn't do any of the above very well.  I am with you though, I can't wait to see the rematch in Alma.  Should be a barn burner.
Well compared to Almas 3 point shooting it was a "wow" performance!lol they didnt make one 3 in the first half, thats the worst ive seen them shoot this year. i think it was Harrisons crowd, it was crazy.
Probably so but I was comparing a "WOW" performance from Huntsville against us.  Our defense had something to do with that.  I disagree a little with oldcoach72 because i think it would be 5 - 5 if they played each other 10 times.  I think the home court is the difference in these 2 teams..  I like the match ups for us.  we match up well with alma and i don't think anyone else does.  the key is breaking their press and we have the guards to do that.  Our crowd, especially our students made a big difference.

I haven't seen Harrison play this year but they have given Alma fits the last two years.  They have what the other top teams in the conference haven't had, and that's a good mix of inside play, and shooters and athletes on the perimeter.

Two types of teams can give Alma fits, one is Harrison or a team identical to them, and the other is a team with 2-4 quick athletic guards that can keep McCoy and the rest of their guards in check, and also hasat least one big man (6'5"+) who can finish around the rim.  If you want an example, see Camden Fairview two years ago and McClellan last year.  Both teams had one athletic big man (McClellan had a 6'6" post CF had a 6'7" post) and a stable of quick and athletic guards that could contain our guards.  In this conference Alma has the most athletic guards but that's not usually the case in the state tournament.
My point precisely AB.  We have good matchups with Alma and I don't think anyone else in the conference does.  I look forward (dread) the rematch at Alma.  LOL!

Luv2Ball

You better get on McCoy....he will beat you.  He is a very good player.  Did he ever sign anywhere in football?

ahsalum

I would never make excuses, but I did hear that McCoy and Hensley were both sick.

Harrison would've still one had they been 100%, but perhaps it wouldn't have been so lop-sided.

NOV_CLASSIC58

Quote from: Luv2Ball on January 31, 2011, 06:32:53 pm
You better get on McCoy....he will beat you.  He is a very good player.  Did he ever sign anywhere in football?
He signs with Oklahoma State Wednsday, along with Jason Hensley to Kansas.

IntheStands

Colliver from Harrison was also sick Friday night.

Quote from: ahsalum on January 31, 2011, 06:45:09 pm

I would never make excuses, but I did hear that McCoy and Hensley were both sick.

Harrison would've still one had they been 100%, but perhaps it wouldn't have been so lop-sided.

neds

Quote from: IntheStands on January 31, 2011, 08:41:12 pm

I think my wife has the flu , very grouchy

Oldcoach72

Quote from: neds on January 31, 2011, 08:57:43 pm

Let's face it. As bad as I hate to admit it, Alma got whipped in every phase of the game. Except for a few players they did not even compete. With that being said, I have confidence that they will bounce back!

TTofGreenwood

My mom has been sick, missed a lot of work.

Bergman1820

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on February 01, 2011, 10:30:15 am

My mom has been sick, missed a lot of work.

My mom and sister have the sinus trouble. And my sister also has strep.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas