• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

officials watching game film

Started by no mascot, January 05, 2017, 12:23:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

no mascot

I would like to have some thoughts/ discussion about refs asking for and watching game film from the games they have officiated. I know they have 9-5 jobs and that they probably don't have time yada yada yada... I'm just wondering what your thoughts would be if these fellas asked for a krossover link...

Moonshiner

If they are trying to continually improve they need to be watching film.  I knew a Superintendant that used to ask officials after every game if they wanted a copy of the game film.  Not one of them ever took him up on it.

Rulesman

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 05, 2017, 10:16:11 am
I knew a Superintendant that used to ask officials after every game if they wanted a copy of the game film.  Not one of them ever took him up on it.
I disagree. The good officials watch film. More often that getting the schools to provide the film is a problem. I can't tell you how many times I've heard officials say they've given the coach or AD a stamped, self-addressed envelope only to never receive it back. Coaches can also post film on Hudl for the officials to review, but many of them are paranoid (especially in football) that another coach will view it and pick up something they can use to their advantage. It's a no-win situation.

Rocket23

Moonshiner

Quote from: Rulesman on January 05, 2017, 10:47:26 am
I disagree. The good officials watch film. More often that getting the schools to provide the film is a problem. I can't tell you how many times I've heard officials say they've given the coach or AD a stamped, self-addressed envelope only to never receive it back. Coaches can also post film on Hudl for the officials to review, but many of them are paranoid (especially in football) that another coach will view it and pick up something they can use to their advantage. It's a no-win situation.

You can't disagree with a fact.  This was a Superintendant who said he offered game film for occials to review themselves.  At least in his situation nobody ever took him up on it.  I have seen officials ask for film before.  I was just giving an example of one area of the state.
Just curious as to how a coach can watch film and pick up something to use to their advantage?

Rulesman

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 05, 2017, 01:50:22 pm
Just curious as to how a coach can watch film and pick up something to use to their advantage?
You ever hear of scouting? In football. their paranoia that another coach will gain a leg up on one's offensive/defensive schemes are the primary reason why coaches don't share film with the AAA's Hudl account for the officials to see. If you don't believe that, call the AAA office and ask them.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Rulesman on January 05, 2017, 01:56:54 pm
You ever hear of scouting? In football. their paranoia that another coach will gain a leg up on one's offensive/defensive schemes are the primary reason why coaches don't share film with the AAA's Hudl account for the officials to see. If you don't believe that, call the AAA office and ask them.

I misunderstood you.  I thought you meant the officials were paranoid.  We were talking about officials watching film. Yes, I'm quite familiar with scouting. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas