• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Northside-Bentonville

Started by Grizzlyfan, January 13, 2016, 09:26:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Ricky Smith proved once again that if you are going to win the conference you have to go through the Northside Lady Bear.  The girls have now beaten the two teams picked ahead of them in the conference back to back.  Smith's teams always have a blue collar feel to them but that may have never been more true than this year.  Aaliyah Jackson is a top flight D-1 player but past that the team depends on hard-nosed defense from several blue collar players.  What was uncharacteristic of a Smith team were missed free throws at critical times.

The Northside boys had their chance with Bentonville with Monk playing one-handed last night.  He had a highlight reel dunk and a couple of long-range 3's but it was the Bentonville supporting cast that carried the game last night. Monk requires so much attention defensively that #15 was often left alone for some inside moves and the rest of the team came up with some big 3 pointers. After being tied at the half, Bentonville reeled off 4 3pointers in the 3rd quarter and Northside was never able to respond.  Tevin Brewer is a heck of a high school basketball player.  it's a shame he's not 6'3" or 6'4".   

GrizzlyRider07

Some buddies and I were at that game last night and we talked about Tevin Brewer a lot. Its a shame that kid is not at least 6' tall. He'd probably have every school in the country after him. He outplayed the whole Bentonville team including Malik, although he was hurt, in the first quarter. Its just so tough for him because he's so small and he has to work extremely hard to do anything. The kid though is very smooth and super quick with the ball. As a D1, Id definitely give him a shot. There has been great players even in the pros that are his size.

TheMercenary

The Monk dunk was worth my $5! I got the impression he was tired of Tevin outplaying him- wanted to show everyone in attendance just what he could do.  I was again impressed how much of a team player he is.

Northside girls have played pretty good TEAM basketball this year as well; but they better rebound the ball better and cut out the turnovers or someone will slip up and beat them. Very good coaching job by R.Smith so far.

Bentonville girls were not intimidated, that's for sure.  They've got three VERY good forwards.  I could see them beating anyone in the league including Northside in the rematch.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: TheMercenary on January 13, 2016, 11:28:23 am
The Monk dunk was worth my $5! I got the impression he was tired of Tevin outplaying him- wanted to show everyone in attendance just what he could do.  I was again impressed how much of a team player he is.

Northside girls have played pretty good TEAM basketball this year as well; but they better rebound the ball better and cut out the turnovers or someone will slip up and beat them. Very good coaching job by R.Smith so far.

Bentonville girls were not intimidated, that's for sure.  They've got three VERY good forwards.  I could see them beating anyone in the league including Northside in the rematch.
Yes turnovers were definitely a problem for the Lady Bears.  Some girls out there who are accustomed to the intensity of the big games.

businesstron

Monk was probably made because they fouled he hard when he tried to go up for a dunk. Someone posted the stats from the game on twitter.  One of the main reason Northside lost was they were 4-26 from the arc....that's 15%.   They shooting too many 3s. Their shooting wasn't that great in the Fayetteville game either.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas