• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Charleston be any good without Storey?

Started by Fridaynightlights🏈, January 20, 2015, 04:02:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fridaynightlights🏈

What do you guys think? Charleston people please tell me who yall have coming back next year!

WPWells

Fridaynightlights🏈

I would hope so. I was trying to be polite about it until your jerk rear had to bring up Glen Rose. But no 12th your Tigers are going to be awful without the best quarterback in the state.😉 oh and when playoffs roll around? We'll remember that... (Fans, coaches, and players of GR)

adaptedtigerfan

They will be better than GR in 2013.....   When they had the best boxer in the state.   You know the one that likes to throw right hooks at the officials.    Ring any bells for ya there young grasshopper?

WPWells

And here comes a ban for going around the sensor in 3-2-1

WPWells

Oh and I'm willing to talk football if someone actually wants to talk football. I'm not willing to talk football with someone who just wants to get on here and be a jerk because his massive ego was hurt when his team got mercy ruled by big bad Charleston

SuperTurfMonkey

January 20, 2015, 06:40:59 pm #6 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:45:27 pm by SuperTurfMonkey
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 20, 2015, 06:08:09 pm
They will be better than GR in 2013.....   When they had the best boxer in the state.   You know the one that likes to throw right hooks at the officials.    Ring any bells for ya there young grasshopper?
lmbo😂😂😂😂   that right there is just too funny!!!!!

Lineman

It all hinges on the off-season & how many "rent houses" come open over the summer.

Clara Allen

::) all foolishness aside, Charleston was pretty dang good before Ty, and I suspect they will be ok without him.  Good teams manage to rise to the top.   And I am a die hard Warrior and I cringe when week 7 rolls around.

Lineman

In all honesty, the tigers will be just fine. They were winning before Ty was even born. Next years seniors will have never lost a high school game. A group of juniors that have always found a way to win & a very solid group sophomores coming up. Not to mention one of the best coaching staffs around. I told coach K the other day next season can't get here fast enough.

Longfellow

I think that Hobbs is one of the best DC's in 3A. Charleston loses a lot but I think they will still be tough defensively and be good enough on offense to score consistently. Not at the rate they did with storey but I would say they will have an above average offense

Wolfpack68

Well if they won titles without him, I think they can do it again.

Fridaynightlights🏈

They should still be decent and make deep playoff runs. Respect to them though for the past 2 years taking State.👍

Hootie

It's Charleston. If you think they can't regroup and reload in off-season you're on something. They'll be there and competing with probably any team in 3A.

Jimbo Morphis

they will be terrible. i look for them to become a basketball school.

Hootie

Quote from: Oldman on January 21, 2015, 10:32:01 am
they will be terrible. i look for them to become a basketball school.

They suck at that too

hoghelmet14

A better question would be how many Charleston Threads will be started between now and the new football season....

RTF

They will go far in state... but Storey was a difference maker for them a lot so I guess it is a "wait and see" game.

Lineman

He was a difference maker for sure, but he was 1 of 11 on the field. All these guys have seen and heard for three years is "your nothing without him". These guys will not doubt come out swinging and playing like they have something to prove. Some will have to step up and fill some spots. There are several of them more than willing to accept the challenge.

ChucktownTiger

Charleston will be solid next year and poised for another deep run in the playoffs. No question Ty was the difference maker in several games the past three years. Charleston will be solid at D. Some good talent on the sidelines this year that will fill tHe gaps just fine. I expect the D to be the Tigers strong point. Not because the offense is down or weak, but because the D will be that good. As far as offense goes, I could be wrong but I believe we only lose 2 on the line. As far as the QB position, look for Jackson Rowland to step in and make some noise. He'll be a two year starter and should be a solid QB. Expect Charleston to continue the air raid, but more running than the past two years. Flanagan and Wisdom will be two key players moving up in what looks to be a great 10th grade class. Charleston may be in a couple dog fights along the way but I look for this team win its confrense and be in a dog fight for another shot at War Memorial. Can't wait for the season!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 21, 2015, 01:26:51 pm
Charleston will be solid next year and poised for another deep run in the playoffs. No question Ty was the difference maker in several games the past three years. Charleston will be solid at D. Some good talent on the sidelines this year that will fill tHe gaps just fine. I expect the D to be the Tigers strong point. Not because the offense is down or weak, but because the D will be that good. As far as offense goes, I could be wrong but I believe we only lose 2 on the line. As far as the QB position, look for Jackson Rowland to step in and make some noise. He'll be a two year starter and should be a solid QB. Expect Charleston to continue the air raid, but more running than the past two years. Flanagan and Wisdom will be two key players moving up in what looks to be a great 10th grade class. Charleston may be in a couple dog fights along the way but I look for this team win its confrense and be in a dog fight for another shot at War Memorial. Can't wait for the season!
solid post.

The Dynasty

1) The defense next year will be NASTY.
2) Jackson Rowland will be fine. From what I saw he would have been the starting QB on any other team last year besides Lamar and B'ville.
3) Wisdom and Flanagan will add an element that this team hasn't had a lot of the last couple years and that is pure, unadulterated speed.
4) Between the Junior and Senior highs the last 2 years they are a combined 45-1. That's impressive. That also shows we are getting it done at the Junior High level as well.
5) Hobbs, Hobbs, Hobbs
6) I think this is what people from other towns don't see when it comes to C'town. Just because we didn't start or play many underclassman last year doesn't mean we don't have talented Sophomores and Juniors. It simply means we are loaded at the 12th grade level. These Sophomores will be more than ready to step in for the King's, Poskey's and Lynch's from last year. Just like those guys were ready to step in and step up for the upperclassmen before them. It's been that way for 3 decades.

This team might have a few growing pains early on but once the cool air starts rolling in I look for the Tigers to be fighting their way back to a conference championship and a good playoff run.

OLDSCHOOL82

RTF

soo... the condensed version of those long posts above. wait and see....

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on January 21, 2015, 04:12:36 pm
soo... the condensed version of those long posts above. wait and see....

Soo..... the bottom line is expect more of the same.....

RTF

DeeGee

January 21, 2015, 04:42:05 pm #26 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:38:15 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 20, 2015, 05:36:30 pm
Better than Glen Rose

Really? How you know this?  We will have a much better season next year!  Don't start hating on us already. You just might be in for a surprise next season!

WPWells

Look at the thread starter. That's why I said what I did

DeeGee

I was just messing with you lol. But still, Glen Rose is my boys and I'm gonna back em! Cause they gonna rock on my son's Senior year! Why?? Because I say so!!!

Beaver Fever

We will be solid if we can find a qb.  I expect a 3 or 4 seed

HorseFeathers

I figure Charleston won't field a team next year since Storey graduated...

DeeGee

Quote from: Beaver Fever on January 21, 2015, 07:15:03 pm
We will be solid if we can find a qb.  I expect a 3 or 4 seed

True. We've got some darn fast RB's! And these boys are working tremendously hard! I'm sure they've been working with our QB quite a lot. We are gonna have a lot of Seniors with some strong determination. And loaded with Jr's and sophomores.

Wolfpack68

I don't know much, but I know Glen Rose always have huge players. Yall must cook great cornbread in GR.

DeeGee

We cook everything good in Glen Rose!  These boys don't go hungry!  Lol

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 22, 2015, 12:38:27 am

Lots of good bathtub chefs down there?

KOJACK

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 22, 2015, 07:31:33 am

No! Those would be in the Sardis area. So holler at the Bryant and Bauxite folks about that! Those cooks are in Saline county lol. You don't know about that Saline life! Lmbo!
These boys wouldn't be corn fed big if we were about that life! Nope you got the wrong area. Go have a seat adapted! Lol!

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 22, 2015, 05:38:39 pm

No! Those would be in the Sardis area. So holler at the Bryant and Bauxite folks about that! Those cooks are in Saline county lol. You don't know about that Saline life! Lmbo!
These boys wouldn't be corn fed big if we were about that life! Nope you got the wrong area. Go have a seat adapted! Lol!
Glen Blows is not in Saline County....😊  Glad someone finally admits it down there😉

Fridaynightlights🏈

DeeGee

January 26, 2015, 10:42:03 am #39 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:23:16 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on January 24, 2015, 12:28:46 pm

Glen Blows is not in Saline County....😊  Glad someone finally admits it down there😉

That was my point!! Lol
Gotta go to Saline county for all that.
We feed this boys some good óle country food in Hot Spring County!

SuperTurfMonkey

January 30, 2015, 05:06:27 am #40 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:09:38 am by SuperTurfMonkey
Quote from: Fridaynightlights🏈 on January 24, 2015, 09:34:25 pm
Lol yeah.. It's is Hot Spring County STM
duh, being trying to tell Glen Blows fans that for years ::)
Saline county wanna be's.....lmbo😂😂😂

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 26, 2015, 10:42:03 am

That was my point!! Lol
Gotta go to Saline county for all that.
We feed this boys some good óle country food in Hot Spring County!
Hot Spring county....FIFY

DeeGee

I said Hot Spring county?????
Can't help what yall cooking in Saline! Lol

Coach Venny Slocombe

Is this really even a valid question...Charleston was good before Storey and they will be good without him... ::)

DeeGee

January 30, 2015, 12:31:01 pm #44 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:26:06 pm by DeeGoldie

But in the defense of some of who's kids that go to Glen Rose, they do live in Saline County but the school district where they live is Hot Spring County. Anyone who lives on the other side of the bridge live in Saline but go to Glen Rose. So really, they'd have a valid argument if by saying Saline, they were meaning they live there.

nastynice

January 30, 2015, 07:41:40 pm #45 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:53:34 pm by nastynice
http://5newsonline.com/2015/01/30/bigfoot-meeting-scheduled-to-take-place-in-charleston/

Of course they will be good!  Check out their new move in!

That dude will be a beast!

Eagle fan #3

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 30, 2015, 08:52:51 am
I said Hot Spring county?????
Can't help what yall cooking in Saline! Lol
Dee, I was joking with you😛...but you said Hot Springs county...Hot Springs is the city😝...Hot Spring is the county.   Seen were you edited, so I guess you figured it out....😕

DeeGee

Actually my son was on my phone and he did that lol.
To be honest living out here confuses me! I live in Glen Rose,  closer to malvern than Traskwood but have a Traskwood address. Traskwood is saline county but I live in Hot Spring county and my child goes to Glen Rose. Way tooooo much for me to even try to equalize. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas