• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All this crying over Kendrick and Charleston...

Started by Runfastturnleft, January 09, 2015, 09:01:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Runfastturnleft

Charleston fans complaining about people bring his name up with jobs.   Other people complaining and linking his name with other jobs to stir the pot.   He is  great coach,  but he it's not the end of the world if he leaves.   They were winners before he took over and would be if he decided to leave.

All the "players read this board so blah blah blah stop spreading rumors"  is dumb.   Kids that are from Charleston are going to play football not because of who is coaching,  but of the tradition of the school and the town.   

Rant over...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on January 09, 2015, 09:01:19 am
Charleston fans complaining about people bring his name up with jobs.   Other people complaining and linking his name with other jobs to stir the pot.   He is  great coach,  but he it's not the end of the world if he leaves.   They were winners before he took over and would be if he decided to leave.

All the "players read this board so blah blah blah stop spreading rumors"  is dumb.   Kids that are from Charleston are going to play football not because of who is coaching,  but of the tradition of the school and the town.   

Rant over...
thats what we said in mcgehee when lanny left.

WPWells

To address your points:

1. I know that Charleston won before Kendrick, so I'd like to thank you for supporting my argument about not thinking we will fall off much by losing Storey

2. I know it's not the end of the world if he leaves. What I think is wrong is linking his name to jobs that he didn't even apply for just to stir the pot

3. Do you not think it affects a player's mindset if they hear that their coach tried to leave and is only back because he didn't get the job? To me it would be hard to play for a coach that I know tried to leave the school. With that said, I don't believe that Coach Kendrick tried to leave which is why I'm asking for people to stop with the rumors. This isn't me crying, this is me asking for people who don't understand the situation to show respect

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 09:09:58 am
To address your points:

1. I know that Charleston won before Kendrick, so I'd like to thank you for supporting my argument about not thinking we will fall off much by losing Storey

2. I know it's not the end of the world if he leaves. What I think is wrong is linking his name to jobs that he didn't even apply for just to stir the pot

3. Do you not think it affects a player's mindset if they hear that their coach tried to leave and is only back because he didn't get the job? To me it would be hard to play for a coach that I know tried to leave the school. With that said, I don't believe that Coach Kendrick tried to leave which is why I'm asking for people to stop with the rumors. This isn't me crying, this is me asking for people who don't understand the situation to show respect
i have no idea if he has applied for anything. i don't see how anyone could get mad if a coach was exploring a huge raise and a better job.

Hootie

You would think most people would be happy for the guy if he did chose to leave..

WPWells

I'd definitely be happy for him if he chose to leave. What I'm disliking is people seem to like spreading false rumors

Hootie

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 10:03:58 am
I'd definitely be happy for him if he chose to leave. What I'm disliking is people seem to like spreading false rumors

That's the sign of a good coach right there.

El Jefe

Who wouldn't leave Charleston for Springdale? Or Nashville for that matter

fortsmithdan

If Kendrick leaves you got Stewart waiting in the wings. The guy you cant lose is Hobbs. Keep him at all cost.

OLDSCHOOL82

My prediction is Crane will end up at Paris and Kendrick will end up at Danville.  Thats the word on the street anyways.

DogsWin7

Leave it to Runfastturnleft to turn a thread right on the money.      +1   

What about Tim Perry?     He have any interest in coming back or where is he now?   Haven't heard much since he left Nashville. 

ChucktownTiger

Coach B was seen at Kats Kitchen at noon. Rumor is he's after Kendrick for the OC job. Anyone else heard this?????

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 09, 2015, 01:13:55 pm
Coach B was seen at Kats Kitchen at noon. Rumor is he's after Kendrick for the OC job. Anyone else heard this?????

Heard that on the street also.  Also heard the longhorns sent him a msg on facebook.

DogsWin7

phdefense

Quote from: Oldman on January 09, 2015, 09:48:44 am
To address your points:

i have no idea if he has applied for anything. i don't see how anyone could get mad if a coach was exploring a huge raise and a better job.
Yeah because kids always see the big picture  ::)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: phdefense on January 09, 2015, 02:55:23 pm
Quote from: Oldman on January 09, 2015, 09:48:44 am
To address your points:

Yeah because kids always see the big picture  ::)
kids see and act like the adults they watch every day.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 10:03:58 am
The rumors aren't false, he interviewed at SHS, even though ZC got the job. He interviewed. Doesn't mean he's unhappy at Charleston, just means he's willing to consider a better situation. I'm sure Coach K would be happy wherever he is employed because he's a great guy that understands our happiness in life comes from within.

WPWells

If it was true then why was he not listed on the list of applicants? That's the hole in this claim you're making

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 08:37:03 pm
If it was true then why was he not listed on the list of applicants? That's the hole in this claim you're making

Phone interview to gauge interest?

papaeagle

K did NOT apply at SHS. Fact.. Phone inquiry is not an application or an interview.

Truthfully

Many coaches make a first phone call to just test the waters on things and get a feeling if they want to go further. Maybe Coach K DID make a call. Heck, Zak Clark CALLED to inquire while still OC for Fayetteville in the playoffs and got enough good vibes that he officially applied after the playoffs were over. FF posters need to know that there are literally dozens of calls from coaches or a "close friend" of a coach immediately after a job opening is posted and before official applications are made for the job. I hear that Paris has already had several calls since the posting on the AAA official website...This is the norm, not unusual or rare.  :-\

Truthfully

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on January 09, 2015, 08:55:39 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 08:37:03 pm

Phone interview to gauge interest?
Correct RFTL!  Some can't see the trees for the forest. Or just making idle conversation all during the day.  ;D

OLDSCHOOL82

12th, one thing you will understand better is what you do when you enter the work force.  First off, coaching is a job.  You never turn down an opportunity to hear about another opportunity.  Always keep an open mind.  You should keep an open mind even in a job that you are perfectly happy with.  It's not to spite your current situation either.

WPWells

There's a difference between gauging interest and actually applying for the other job though

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 10, 2015, 10:04:58 am
12th, one thing you will understand better is what you do when you enter the work force.  First off, coaching is a job.  You never turn down an opportunity to hear about another opportunity.  Always keep an open mind.  You should keep an open mind even in a job that you are perfectly happy with.  It's not to spite your current situation either.

Good post. I don't think a lot of fans think about it in this way.  They want a winner to stay out of loyalty  but they want to fire a guy who doesn't win in a big way.  Loyalty isn't a two way street it seems.  Seems like when a new coach comes in it might take a while for the fans and players to get used to new ways of doing things before it grows like they hope, not always but often.

WPWells

Y'all don't understand. While I don't think Kendrick will leave yet, if/when he does I will still support him and support his decision. I feel no animosity towards Coach Loughridge for leaving for Alma. My issue here is that Coach Kendrick is being linked to jobs he didn't even officially apply for just to stir the pot which I honestly don't think is fair to him

beach bum

I hate to say it but some Charleston posters don't want to admit it is a stepping stone job... Actually its the ultimate stepping stone job. Charleston is a top 5 program pound for pound but they are what they are which is 3A. If you are coach in high school searching for the ultimate stopping point 3A ball is not it. I am from a small school and can admit that. Like I said, Charleston is as respected as anyone around the state, but at some point its only natural for a coach to go for a higher challenge and more money for his family.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on January 10, 2015, 04:50:10 pm
I hate to say it but some Charleston posters don't want to admit it is a stepping stone job... Actually its the ultimate stepping stone job. Charleston is a top 5 program pound for pound but they are what they are which is 3A. If you are coach in high school searching for the ultimate stopping point 3A ball is not it. I am from a small school and can admit that. Like I said, Charleston is as respected as anyone around the state, but at some point its only natural for a coach to go for a higher challenge and more money for his family.

David Carpenter would like a word with you, he apparently loved Junction City so much that after getting let go due to a reduction in work force in the early 90's that he went back "home" in 1996, after stops at 3 other schools....I don't know Kendrick from Adam, but I do know that sometimes people find a place and call it home and don't leave....And How is Charleston a stepping stone job? Of the 3 coaches they've had since I was in high school only one left for another job(Counting Kendrick in this count) at a different school

DogsWin7

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 10, 2015, 01:35:43 pm
Y'all don't understand. While I don't think Kendrick will leave yet, if/when he does I will still support him and support his decision. I feel no animosity towards Coach Loughridge for leaving for Alma. My issue here is that Coach Kendrick is being linked to jobs he didn't even officially apply for just to stir the pot which I honestly don't think is fair to him

12th Man....you are a good dude.   You are young and still view things from a different perspective.   The older you become and the more experiences you have in life, you will soon look back on this and say, I see what some were trying to say.   This is life....it isn't always fair....you know this and honestly, his name being discussed has no bearing on either making something happen or not.   It's all speculation or aimed opinion on a message board.   I'm sure Coach Kendrick is probably flattered that he is considered in such high quality as being considered for such positions:)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 10, 2015, 07:53:33 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 10, 2015, 01:35:43 pm

12th Man....you are a good dude.   You are young and still view things from a different perspective.   The older you become and the more experiences you have in life, you will soon look back on this and say, I see what some were trying to say.   This is life....it isn't always fair....you know this and honestly, his name being discussed has no bearing on either making something happen or not.   It's all speculation or aimed opinion on a message board.   I'm sure Coach Kendrick is probably flattered that he is considered in such high quality as being considered for such positions:)

Or he considers it defamation....some on here think they can hide behind a screen and just start unneeded rumors...

DogsWin7

January 10, 2015, 07:57:06 pm #30 Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:58:50 pm by DiehardFBfan
Well....there is always the option of reporting the posts that are in question if he wishes to do so. But  that isn't my business.     I don't really think that any mean any harm but that is only my opinion.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 10, 2015, 07:57:06 pm
Well....there is always the option of reporting the posts that are in question if he wishes to do so. But  that isn't my business.     I don't really think that any mean any harm but that is only my opinion.   

I was meaning Kendrick....How would you feel if you were a coach and folks kept posting that you were leaving your job and in reality you had no intention of leaving? There's always two sides to every coin, and most folks on here don't grasp that concept and just want to pick up on an unfounded rumor(read your user agreement about rumors 8) ) and run with it and just keep beating a horse until it's nothing but a pile of dust....I mean seriously, this one has gotten to the point we have 3 or 4 threads about it...It's just so aggravating to see some of the most immature posters on here telling 12th Man that he needs to grow up...

DogsWin7

I was meaning Kendrick could report it or 12th man.....I understand your point....truly.   I just find it odd how that rumors etc and getting everyone all riled up seems to take more center stage with Charleston.   No offense...I have family there.     People hound Junction City, Greenwood etc also.   

nuttinbuthogs

Boy, I think a couple of folks take this stuff way too seriously.  Man  stays, man leaves.  It sure creates some odd reactions.  Point is, if the job is open, you really have no way of knowing who applies, who doesn't want it known  and who really cares.   Just appreciate a good coach if you have one for as long as you have one and don't worry about what happens until it happens.  You can't control it anyway.

RabidWolf

January 11, 2015, 03:42:04 am #34 Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:45:13 am by RabidWolf
I'm not sure what the issue is? These rumors/posts roll around every year. If a coach is successful, it happens. Why should Kendrick be any different? Just don't see why this is such a big deal.

nastynice

This sure is a lot of drama for a man that has only been a head coach for 2 years. And both those years he had one of the best qb's to ever come through AR. Heck, even John L could've won a 3a championship with Storey.  IMO he hasn't proven enough to be linked with jobs like Nashville, Springdale, Rville etc...

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: HF on January 10, 2015, 08:23:44 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 10, 2015, 07:57:06 pm

I was meaning Kendrick....How would you feel if you were a coach and folks kept posting that you were leaving your job and in reality you had no intention of leaving? There's always two sides to every coin, and most folks on here don't grasp that concept and just want to pick up on an unfounded rumor(read your user agreement about rumors 8) ) and run with it and just keep beating a horse until it's nothing but a pile of dust....I mean seriously, this one has gotten to the point we have 3 or 4 threads about it...It's just so aggravating to see some of the most immature posters on here telling 12th Man that he needs to grow up...

If I was a coach and someone got the crowd in an uproar because of what they read on a message board,  I would prolly laugh at it.   Just saying...

DogsWin7

I kinda doubt message board opinions is their top concerns too....lol!  :)

How many times is Rick Jones nominated for a job on here??   Or the word this school "recruits" or has "move ins"??   

Hard to monitor all that is posted here on Fearless.   :)

nuttinbuthogs

I bet there are some coaches out there that wish rumors about them changing jobs would be started.

El Jefe

If Kendrick Is fine with being loughridge's predecessor then he will stay...if he wants to be his own man and worth more he will leave...IMO

nuttinbuthogs

Always best to go when you are successful. Nothing is guaranteed.

fbhound

Most all good coaches could care less about bulletin boards and FF and never post on them. Some assistants may browse them briefly but not a HC from a competitive school. Too much time needed to coach and certainly not enough time to spend 1-2 hours a day reading some person's opinion that really doesn't count that much...

Mr.Fridaynight11

When i played, The coach had a team meeting. He told us not to be posting anything on FF, or any other message boards, and not to believe, or listen to anything we seen on those boards.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fbhound on January 13, 2015, 08:53:20 pm
Most all good coaches could care less about bulletin boards and FF and never post on them. Some assistants may browse them briefly but not a HC from a competitive school. Too much time needed to coach and certainly not enough time to spend 1-2 hours a day reading some person's opinion that really doesn't count that much...

I'm guessing you'd be surprised at the number of coaches that do read this then....Prep Hours can get boring for those coaches that don't actually have to teach a real subject 8)..I know when I was in school, at least 2 of our 4 coaches read FF on a daily basis and used it for their motivational speeches at pep rallies and everything else...One of those talks was how I discovered this forum.....Then I think it was my senior Year, a coach was sitting reading it, and started making fun of this "HF" fellow while I was there, because he didn't think we could beat Harding Academy in the playoffs...We Lose in Double OT...I never did tell him that it was me lol...

PS...No I wasn't a player....I kick myself every season for blowing that opportunity...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas