• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris Coach Bryan Hutson steps down as HC after 8 seasons and will be Principal.

Started by papaeagle, January 07, 2015, 10:09:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle-fan

I am still trying to come up with the names very good Subi players in the past 8 years whose parents lived in Paris. There are some players from the Subiaco immediate community area who have gone to the Paris school system and have done well, and even THEY did not go to Subi despite likely being Catholic. I think a lot of it may have been the erroneous thought that the education obtained at Subi is of a better quality than Paris... WRONG !!!!

WPWells

Not to split hairs, but how exactly is a Subi education not better than a Paris education? (Or a Charleston one for that matter)

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 29, 2015, 07:22:30 pm
Not to split hairs, but how exactly is a Subi education not better than a Paris education? (Or a Charleston one for that matter)
It's NOT! it's more a "status quo" hype in my opinion. And I know first hand. And as far as good players that lived in Paris an attended Subi there are at least two, from the same graduating year, that could have made an impact on the paris team.

eagle-fan

I went to Subi 2 years and I know from experience. I know teachers from both schools and you are out of your league to critique my opinion unless you have a STRONG association over a few years with knowing the year to year teacher situations, longevity and dedication of such teachers, etc etc etc etc.....

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 29, 2015, 07:36:58 pm
I went to Subi 2 years and I know from experience. I know teachers from both schools and you are out of your league to critique my opinion unless you have a STRONG association over a few years with knowing the year to year teacher situations, longevity and dedication of such teachers, etc etc etc etc.....
I have a graduate from Subi, went there for 5 years I believe I have a "STRONG association" and I agree with 12th on this one. Don't see it as such a greater education system.

eagle-fan

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 29, 2015, 07:30:25 pm
It's NOT! it's more a "status quo" hype in my opinion. And I know first hand. And as far as good players that lived in Paris an attended Subi there are at least two, from the same graduating year, that could have made an impact on the paris team.
I agree with that!  Just having TWO more players on the field at Paris can help dispel injuries, allow for some rest for some of the two-way starters and such.. ANY 3A school would love to go from 34-35 team members to 37 to 40... Charleston has nobody to lure athletes from there, so they stay at a higher # of players each year, something Paris does not have the luxury of having... JMO

eagle-fan

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 29, 2015, 07:44:06 pm

I have a graduate from Subi, went there for 5 years I believe I have a "STRONG association" and I agree with 12th on this one. Don't see it as such a greater education system.
WAIT!  You say you DON'T see it as such a greater education system, meaning Subi ("it") is not a better system. Then you are taking my stance exactly. Maybe your intended wording was a bit off?  I am clearly stating that the Subi education is NOT better than the Paris system and clearly documented as such by the state education department figures. I am not stating that CLEARLY Paris or Subi is better but that those who claim Subi is FAR better or MUCH better are wrong based on objective graduation data and such.

WPWells

Subi has so many more offerings than a small public school though...

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 29, 2015, 07:52:02 pm
Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 29, 2015, 07:44:06 pm

WAIT!  You say you DON'T see it as such a greater education system, meaning Subi ("it") is not a better system. Then you are taking my stance exactly. Maybe your intended wording was a bit off?  I am clearly stating that the Subi education is NOT better than the Paris system and clearly documented as such by the state education department figures. I am not stating that CLEARLY Paris or Subi is better but that those who claim Subi is FAR better or MUCH better are wrong based on objective graduation data and such.
Ok yes yes we are on the same page! Subi is simply a "name" or some may think "bragging rights" to say I spent 5300 a year on my son's HS education! And I can say with almost certainty that the two boys I am referring to that I wish had stayed at paris would have been starters and would have opened up a whole line of new possibilities, would have been a slightly different season I believe.

bbishop

I know we were sad when Coach H left NLR.  Many of us knew and understood why he was leaving, but that did not change the sadness we felt.  He brought new life to the football program.  NLR had gone 3-27 in the 3 years before he came...i know i never missed a game.  Many of the faithful wish he was still here.  Congrats on the new position Coach!

RTF

NLR might be calling him and asking if he wants to come back LOL...

7AFball

Quote from: RTF on February 02, 2015, 11:31:50 am
NLR might be calling him and asking if he wants to come back LOL...
Interesting .....  He still have a lot of coaching friends there, some still are assistants.

fbisgreat

The Vines boy would have been one of the better players for Paris this past year.And the Lowery kid was pretty good.They both played forSubi this year.

papaeagle

Nehus was one name I thought of, since his dad was a good athlete back in the 1983-84 timeframe at Paris. Tough guy at QB for sure.

hoghelmet14

Supposed to be an announcement today..... have not heard anything yet though.............

Jimbo Morphis

fbhound

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 09, 2015, 11:42:40 am
Supposed to be an announcement today..... have not heard anything yet though.............
Do not think so ... Not sure all finalists have been interviewed or that any 'narrowing' down has been done to the point that is would be announced THIS soon. I think there were WAY too many applicants to have looked at the resume's and then called for interview and then to select 2-3 to reappear for a final interview with the Superintendent in attendance.. My thoughts at this point..

hoghelmet14

Quote from: fbhound on February 10, 2015, 02:12:51 pm
Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 09, 2015, 11:42:40 am
Do not think so ... Not sure all finalists have been interviewed or that any 'narrowing' down has been done to the point that is would be announced THIS soon. I think there were WAY too many applicants to have looked at the resume's and then called for interview and then to select 2-3 to reappear for a final interview with the Superintendent in attendance.. My thoughts at this point..

There is A NAME.... Expect something from School Board Meeting Thursday Night.

Loyalfan1

beach bum

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on February 11, 2015, 10:09:51 am
I thought an assistant was gonna take over?

That is probably why it has been so quiet about applicants... more than likely they had a guy picked before Coach Hutson even moved to principal.. ... nothing wrong with that. Its just how small school football works.

hoghelmet14

Marc Tucker was named Head Coach tonight at School Board Meeting.

This is a good move.... the Kids Love Him!

Idoknow

Congratulations to Coach Tucker. He is a very hard worker and does a very good job in the Wt. Room. If the kids will stay with him I'm sure there will be success in the future.
Good luck to the Paris Football Program.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 12, 2015, 09:41:35 pm
Marc Tucker was named Head Coach tonight at School Board Meeting.

This is a good move.... the Kids Love Him!
assistant already there?

Idoknow

Loyalfan1

fbhound

Tucker has been a  HC, think it was Dover, a few years ago before going to Perryville I think.. He is well liked by fans, athletes and staff. A "team" guy who will not allow a lot of "me and I" type player attitudes. Stickler for good film review by coaches and weight room work, as Coach Hutson was. A smooth laid back kinda guy. His HC experience will fit in fine at Paris. I don't care how much you might know football and have been a  winning HC somewhere else, it sure helps somewhat to not have players learn a whole new system and assistants bite into another scheme ... Even a Lunney or Jones or Malham could not do any better with the limited talent Paris has from year to year. 33 players is NOT the same as having 80-110! Continuity and good solid coaching is what Paris has had and what will continue to win games for them. No more of those "brand new coaches" coming in far from Paris and winning ZERO games in two years or some who may have one good season and the other 4 years with about 5 total wins..  Paris has had a lot of consistency in the past 8 years and I do not see a drop in morals or morale at all..  Good luck to Coach Tucker!!  You can bet Coach Hutson will be a very active AD in all sports. He was Paris' only 4 sport letterman back in the mid 80s.

Coach Jones

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fbhound on February 13, 2015, 07:45:53 pm
Tucker has been a  HC, think it was Dover, a few years ago before going to Perryville I think.. He is well liked by fans, athletes and staff. A "team" guy who will not allow a lot of "me and I" type player attitudes. Stickler for good film review by coaches and weight room work, as Coach Hutson was. A smooth laid back kinda guy. His HC experience will fit in fine at Paris. I don't care how much you might know football and have been a  winning HC somewhere else, it sure helps somewhat to not have players learn a whole new system and assistants bite into another scheme ... Even a Lunney or Jones or Malham could not do any better with the limited talent Paris has from year to year. 33 players is NOT the same as having 80-110! Continuity and good solid coaching is what Paris has had and what will continue to win games for them. No more of those "brand new coaches" coming in far from Paris and winning ZERO games in two years or some who may have one good season and the other 4 years with about 5 total wins..  Paris has had a lot of consistency in the past 8 years and I do not see a drop in morals or morale at all..  Good luck to Coach Tucker!!  You can bet Coach Hutson will be a very active AD in all sports. He was Paris' only 4 sport letterman back in the mid 80s.

Fairly certain Tucker was also on the Staff at Morrilton the year they lost in the Finals to Greenwood, and took over the no-win situation at Hector the year after Coach Rust left for Pottsville....

Was he an assistant to Clayton at Perryville?

fbhound

Not sure about Tuckers HC experience but seems like Dover was on. The Hector thing was not a good situation for that one year.. Maybe someone will post on here exactly where he has  been HC.. I know he has found his home at Paris and been there long enough now to have known the situation, fans, athletic potential each year, etc  to have decided to apply. He will do well. And Coach Hutson will be right there available to discuss situations with him if needed. Many schools have ADs that know nothing about football per se and some know nothing about any sport! LOL  Just there as a "position" to hold.

itdontcare

Quote from: HF on February 13, 2015, 10:29:43 pm
Quote from: fbhound on February 13, 2015, 07:45:53 pm

Fairly certain Tucker was also on the Staff at Morrilton the year they lost in the Finals to Greenwood, and took over the no-win situation at Hector the year after Coach Rust left for Pottsville....

Was he an assistant to Clayton at Perryville?
Coach Tucker was the Defensive Co-ordinator under Clayton from 2008-11. He did a great job while he was there. He and Coach Clayton worked very well togather and had great seasons during 2008-09. They were able to win the Schools only Conference Championships in  Perryviile FB. History during the 2008-09 seasons in the old 3-4A.
During the four yrs. there, he had a great relationship with his coaches and the kids loved and respected him and bought into the coaches plan.
He will do very well at Paris HS. with the Fb. Program!

HSFBF

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas