• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oFF sEAson RamBling Thread....

Started by hoghelmet14, December 26, 2014, 12:28:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 26, 2014, 01:25:06 pm
It's with my college ministry group and we're going to work in Vilonia January 4-10 for tornado relief
Hey Twelfth Man- Saw a story on Channel 7 last nite on college kids doing work in Vilonia. Your group I guess? Cool story!!

WPWells

Clara Allen

I saw that this morning too. Were you in the vid?

cdelaney

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 06, 2015, 03:28:51 pm
I saw that this morning too. Were you in the vid?
I didn't notice anyone talking in the third person so I don't think so.

WPWells

I was not at the site the news went to

cdelaney

adaptedtigerfan

hoghelmet14

Good Night in Basketball..... Hogs won on the road at gawga..... and Paris beat both the boys and girls Lamar.... ;)

Hootie

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 07, 2015, 12:47:30 am
Good Night in Basketball..... Hogs won on the road at gawga.....

I was shocked at the determination we showed last night. We usually come out flat and stay that way on the road but that was not the case last night.

WPWells

Even when Georgia led the whole first half, we were still playing pretty well

hoghelmet14

If you DVR'd the Texas Bowl..... go back and read the lips of the Texas fan right after we recovered that fumble in the endzone for a TD........

Not you 12th Man.... your on a Mission Trip for God...... you don't need to see it! LOL

eagle-fan

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 07, 2015, 01:13:31 pm
If you DVR'd the Texas Bowl..... go back and read the lips of the Texas fan right after we recovered that fumble in the endzone for a TD........

Not you 12th Man.... your on a Mission Trip for God...... you don't need to see it! LOL
I can not rewind since no DVD here in Caulksville. Please tell us, as best you can, what did he say?? Thanks.  ???

eagle-fan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 07, 2015, 08:33:42 am
Even when Georgia led the whole first half, we were still playing pretty well
Yep, agree. But, still need to block out and get the rebound margin closer than we did. It can nip you in the bud if we continue to get rebounded by 15 every game, especially against KY and AL.. Can't always rely on Portis and Qualls to come through at the freethrow line in the last minutes of a game. God forbid if those two have an "off night" and then we lose, unless someone like Harris, Watkins, Williams and Madden step it up a lot more. Hope we don't have a false sense of security after coming back last night, down 13, and assume we will do it every game. Heck, we ALMOST had another Clemson loss, up by 6 with 51 seconds and then could have been tied 47 seconds later! Scared me and held my breath ..... ;D

Hootie

I agree. Win the glass and you've got an opportunity to win the game. No one on the team wants to rebound because of the tempo we play. Kids just want to get out and run, be flashy on the break, get a slam.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hootie on January 07, 2015, 02:01:00 pm
I agree. Win the glass and you've got an opportunity to win the game. No one on the team wants to rebound because of the tempo we play. Kids just want to get out and run, be flashy on the break, get a slam.
you must be young. nolan's teams never rebounded either. other teams shooting free throws and getting the rebound really drives me crazy.

Hootie

Quote from: Oldman on January 07, 2015, 02:09:52 pm
you must be young. nolan's teams never rebounded either. other teams shooting free throws and getting the rebound really drives me crazy.

Yeah I am. They didn't have to rebound because they could put 95 on anyone every night... Away from home too!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hootie on January 07, 2015, 02:33:14 pm
Quote from: Oldman on January 07, 2015, 02:09:52 pm

Yeah I am. They didn't have to rebound because they could put 95 on anyone every night... Away from home too!
i know how old you are.

eagle-fan

Hoghelmet14:
   Again, what did the Texas fan's lips say?  .... Curious minds want to know.  ???

hoghelmet14

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 07, 2015, 03:48:57 pm
Hoghelmet14:
   Again, what did the Texas fan's lips say?  .... Curious minds want to know.  ???

I am not a lip reader..... and they cut away as he finished.... but It looked like "Of F..."

eagle-fan

Wish I had seen that. We could have won by a lot more and wish we had, but taking a knee at the  end sure hacked off Texas even worse. Good for us!!

hoghelmet14

I just realized that yesterday would have been Elvis's birthday.... that is why there is Elvis movies on every channel this week!

hoghelmet14

Since this thread has no topic.....  I have a general question..... I cannot change my profile pic..... it wont let me upload or link or anything.... it says successful.... but no change.... any ideas?

DogsWin7

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 15, 2015, 11:30:21 am
Since this thread has no topic.....  I have a general question..... I cannot change my profile pic..... it wont let me upload or link or anything.... it says successful.... but no change.... any ideas?
you are beautiful just the way you are.  :)

DogsWin7

You might PM Doug....also there is a help and FAQ on here at the bottom of the main page...good luck:)

hoghelmet14

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 15, 2015, 12:07:26 pm
You might PM Doug....also there is a help and FAQ on here at the bottom of the main page...good luck:)

yeah.... I know all that.... I just figured as smart as yall all seem to be yall could just tell me! LOL

DogsWin7

January 15, 2015, 05:16:12 pm #75 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:18:27 pm by DiehardFBfan
Don't include me in anything involving computers!  :)

-Painted Fan-

Hypothetical:
You've just won the lottery and can now afford to see any sporting event or concert you wish.
What's on your list?

Here's mine:
Pro football- I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan, but I've always wanted to watch a game from The Black Hole in Oakland.
College football- Hogs vs. USC at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena (I have a brother who's a UofA grad, lives in LA, and works at USC).
College basketball- Tar Heels vs. Blue Devils in Cameron.
Pro basketball- Mavs vs. Thunder, my 2 favorite teams
MLB- toss up- Yankees/Red Sox or Cards/Cubs
Live Concert- U2, Van Morrison, The Corrs, The Cranberries, Flogging Molly, and Dropkick Murphy's in Boston on March 17th!

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on January 20, 2015, 08:10:08 pm
Hypothetical:
You've just won the lottery and can now afford to see any sporting event or concert you wish.
What's on your list?

Here's mine:
Pro football- I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan, but I've always wanted to watch a game from The Black Hole in Oakland.
College football- Hogs vs. USC at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena (I have a brother who's a UofA grad, lives in LA, and works at USC).
Live Concert- U2, Van Morrison, The Corrs, The Cranberries, Flogging Molly, and Dropkick Murphy's in Boston on March 17th!
Mannn!!! you have a terrible taste in music lol   

-Painted Fan-

What's wrong with listening to Irish/Irish punk bands on St. Patty's Day?
Maybe I should have put what I actually listen to the most- AC/DC, Marilyn Manson, The White Stripes, My Chemical Romance, Foo Fighters, The Time, and The Eagles?
Is that better?

Mr.Fridaynight11

Hypothetical:
What's on your list?

Here's mine:

Pro football- Cowboys Vs packers at lambeau field
College football- Arkansas VS Stanford at anywhere.
College basketball- Arkansas vs duke at duke
Pro basketball- Thunder vs lakers at Staples Center
MLB- toss up- Cards vs the redsox At Fenway Park
Live Concert- linkin park, The Black Keys, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Deftones, System Of A Down, Slipknot, Dave Matthews Band, Smashing Pumpkins, and Daft Punk just because.

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on January 20, 2015, 08:28:39 pm
What's wrong with listening to Irish/Irish punk bands on St. Patty's Day?
Maybe I should have put what I actually listen to the most- AC/DC, Marilyn Manson, The White Stripes, My Chemical Romance, Foo Fighters, The Time, and The Eagles?
Is that better?
yep lol

Clara Allen

Hypothetical:
What's on your list?

Here's mine:

Wow!  Easy:

One week in Boston during the Yankees visit there.  Seats on the 3rd base side about 12 rows up.
Lamar in WMS. Anytime!
Hogs against Tennessee at Neyland
Lady Vols against UConn in Thompson-Bolling Arena
World Cup in Europe
Final Four trip. Done it twice but would love to do it again
Live concerts-  Jimmy Buffett in Key West, Miranda Lambert in Ryman, a week at the CMA's in Nashville

hoghelmet14

Pro Football:  Miami Dolphins vs any team they might actually have a chance to beat

College Football:  Razorback Season Tickets in the Endzone Outdoor Club 2nd Level

Pro Basketball...... notta

Golf:.... Maybe

NASCAR:  Every Track Every Race One Year

Wolfpack68

Pro Football- San Fran and Denver
College- Auburn and Alabama. I've already seen Hogs and LSU.
Baseball- Yanks and Sox
Pro Basketball- Thunder and Mavs.
College Ball- Same as Painted Fan.
Concert- George Strait

DeeGee

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on January 27, 2015, 10:50:03 am
Baseball- Yanks and Sox
Concert- George Strait

George Strait not happening. He's not touring anymore. But he is amazing to see in concert.

hoghelmet14

George is really the last of the good ole Country singers.... most of the  young pups are too pop for me.....

Watched part of Coal Miners Daughter on Tv the other day.... Loretta is last of the female non pop singers.....

though I like me some Carrie Underwood!

Wolfpack68

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 27, 2015, 02:06:32 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack68 on January 27, 2015, 10:50:03 am
Baseball- Yanks and Sox
Concert- George Strait

George Strait not happening. He's not touring anymore. But he is amazing to see in concert.
I know he isn't I just wanted to go see him.

hoghelmet14

I thought the red car ad on the Super Bowl where the little blue pill fell into the gas tank was the funniest ad I have seen in a long time.....

Which one did yall like/hate?

WPWells

I thought the kids dying Nationwide ad was the best ever #sarcasm

I loved the first draft ever ad where they got guacamole

Clara Allen

Budweiser puppt and horse- always the best!
Snickers  My new tag line- Eat a Snickers, Marcia!
The BMW one with Bryant and Katie  Do you twerk?
The Coca Cola one

Lots of depressing socially consciousness ones  almost like PSA's

WPWells

My new tag line is run the dang ball

Jimbo Morphis

February 02, 2015, 10:22:31 am #91 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:21:27 am by Oldman
Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 02, 2015, 09:52:56 am
I thought the red car ad on the Super Bowl where the little blue pill fell into the gas tank was the funniest ad I have seen in a long time.....

Which one did yall like/hate?
Fiat commercial was by far the best for me also.

Wolfpack68

Definitely Budweiser commercial. The Liam Neeson one kinda got to me too.

hoghelmet14

Have yall seen the Go Daddy commercial that they pulled due to Political Correctness Police?....

its like the Bud Puppy ad.... except the little white puppy makes it home and Mom says.... hey.. there you are ... good ... we just sold you on a website we created with Go Daddy....

LMBO... I though it was funny..... the PC police are getting so bad... we can't even enjoy ourselves as Americans anymore!

Wolfpack68

The Pete Rose one cracked me up too.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on February 02, 2015, 07:51:06 pm

that was funny for sure..... speaking of..... if he did what he did today..... no one would even say anything....

Wolfpack68

I think they have rules on that now. It would have been really bad if he netted again his team, but I really don't know how you can shave points off a baseball game. ???

Clara Allen

I missed the Pete Rose commercial!    >:(
He was one of my all time favorites back when I followed the Big Red Machine

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 02, 2015, 10:49:55 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack68 on February 02, 2015, 07:51:06 pm

that was funny for sure..... speaking of..... if he did what he did today..... no one would even say anything....
i disagree, still a lot of people in baseball who consider themselves purists. look at all the rule changes over the years in football. how many have there been in baseball?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on February 02, 2015, 11:16:58 pm
I think they have rules on that now. It would have been really bad if he netted again his team, but I really don't know how you can shave points off a baseball game. ???
by bad coaching. leaving pitchers in too long would be an easy way.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas