• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Top 10 3A

Started by tiger2016, December 23, 2014, 01:50:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiger2016

Preseason top 10 3a. What would be your own?

adaptedtigerfan

You can't start this thread with our putting yours in.

Jimbo Morphis

1. Mcgehee
2. Smackover
3-10 who cares

tiger2016

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 23, 2014, 01:52:00 pm
1.Charleston
2.Smackover
3.Booneville
4 Prescott
5. Lamar
6. Osceola
7 Hoxie
8 Mcgehee
9 Episcopal
10 Glen Rose

Wolfpack68

December 23, 2014, 02:31:11 pm #4 Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:03:24 am by Wolfpack68
1) Prescott
2) Smackover
3) Charleston
4) Booneville
5) McGehee
6) Harding Academy
7) GR
8) Osceola
9) Centerpoint
10) Hoxie

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: tiger2016 on December 23, 2014, 02:15:08 pm
1.Charleston
2.Smackover
3.Booneville
4 Prescott
5. Lamar
6. Osceola
7 Hoxie
8 Mcgehee
9 Episcopal
10 Glen Rose
cool storey.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: tiger2016 on December 23, 2014, 02:15:08 pm
1.Charleston
2.Smackover
3.Booneville
4 Prescott
5. Lamar
6. Osceola
7 Hoxie
8 Mcgehee
9 Episcopal
10 Glen Rose
You think Gerlick can do it by himself? They weren't that fast and are losing they're fastest player. They won't have much speed. Size wise, I have no earthly idea.

gatecrasher

Smackover is the team to beat. Should be considered the favorite to take the crown.

tiger2016

All I know is that Charleston, is going to lose a lot of seniors. Charleston is going to have close games, defense might win them the games.

Paperman

I am not sure about this one. Charleston was really good, but offensively the quarterback was the whole show. Nice receivers, but Storey made them look good. How good will the Tigers offense be next year? I think Osceola has the talent to crack the top eight and stay there if everyone returns. No one else in 3A-3 has that chance, Hoxie loses so much. I'll give Charleston the top spot for now because they are the defending champs, but only for that reason.
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Prescott
5. Osceola
6. Mayflower
7. McGehee
8. Lamar
9. Harding Academy
10. ECS

My best guess for now!

Wolfpack68

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 23, 2014, 04:02:53 pm
Smackover is the team to beat. Should be considered the favorite to take the crown.
Prescott

Longfellow

1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Booneville
3.1 Charleston
I have no idea where I would put the rest

snoopy22

2015 Preseason Ranking

1.  Prescott
2.  McGehee
3.  Smackover
4.  Osceola
5.  Fordyce
6.  Booneville
7.  Charleston
8.  Harding Academy
9.  Centerpoint
10.  Lamar
11.  Benton Harmony Grove
12.  Glen Rose
13.  Bald Knob
14.  Episcopal Collegiate
15.  Barton
16.  Camden Harmony Grove 

WPWells

You're way underrating a team that's won 29 straight

sprout

1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Osceola
4. Booneville
5. Fordyce
6. Charleston
7. McGehee
8. ECS
9. Harding Academy
10. Lamar

Glen Rose will be improved but they wont sniff the top 10 in 2015

snoopy22

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 23, 2014, 05:32:08 pm
You're way underrating a team that's won 29 straight
The guys that won those 29 straight are gone.  You guys aren't winning it next year.  Conference maybe, but state no.....But until then bask in the glory!!  I know I would!  Lol Y'all have earned it!! 

WPWells

Oh I know, I'm just saying that until we really see what Charleston has next year it might be a little smarter to rate them a little higher. People seem to forget that Charleston was good before Storey

Clara Allen

There is no rhyme or reason for my choices:
1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Charleston, Booneville, Lamar
4. Charleston, Booneville, Lamar
5. Charleston, Booneville, Lamar
6. Osceola
7. Fordyce
8. McGehee
9. ECS
10. HA

HorseFeathers

Am I wrong in thinking that the last time Charleston was this inexperienced coming into a season, and expectations were this low by the rest of the state....It was 2005 and Charleston rolled to their first state title?

BTW...

I'm Sticking by my pick of

#1. Drew Central

snoopy22

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 23, 2014, 09:17:15 pm
Oh I know, I'm just saying that until we really see what Charleston has next year it might be a little smarter to rate them a little higher. People seem to forget that Charleston was good before Storey
[/quote
Yes they were, but they didn't just lose Storey they lost Posky, King and the rest of those three year starters.  Y'all will be good, just not great.  I'm not gonna do like that magazine that had Glen Rose ranked high after they lost everybody.  I could be wrong.  I just see a bunch of teams in 3A better than Charleston next year.  It's about time too!!

YC

Quote from: HF on December 23, 2014, 09:20:37 pm
Am I wrong in thinking that the last time Charleston was this inexperienced coming into a season, and expectations were this low by the rest of the state....It was 2005 and Charleston rolled to their first state title?

BTW...

#1. Drew Central

Not quite HF, but close.

The 2005 state championship team returned 3 offensive and 7 defensive starters. They also returned a great kicker in Eduardo "Eddie" Carmona.

The 2015 team will return 4 offensive and 3 defensive starters. The thing that really hurts is that when you graduate this number of seniors (17) usually only about two thirds contribute, but practically all these seniors contributed. The few that did not start were the first ones off the bench in certain situations.

I have to go back to 1992 and 2001 to find when we had less starters returning. Both those teams lost 1 regular season game (both a non-conference game and they went undefeated in conference play).

HorseFeathers

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 23, 2014, 10:15:34 pm

BTW...

#1. Drew Central

Not quite HF, but close.

The 2005 state championship team returned 3 offensive and 7 defensive starters. They also returned a great kicker in Eduardo “Eddie” Carmona.

The 2015 team will return 4 offensive and 3 defensive starters. The thing that really hurts is that when you graduate this number of seniors (17) usually only about two thirds contribute, but practically all these seniors contributed. The few that did not start were the first ones off the bench in certain situations.

I have to go back to 1992 and 2001 to find when we had less starters returning. Both those teams lost 1 regular season game (both a non-conference game and they went undefeated in conference play).

I was thinking they had <5 on both sides of the ball coming back that year....Been a while, and quite a run by the Tigers since then....

Wolfpack68

Quote from: HF on December 23, 2014, 10:16:59 pm

BTW...

#1. Drew Central

Not quite HF, but close.

The 2005 state championship team returned 3 offensive and 7 defensive starters. They also returned a great kicker in Eduardo "Eddie" Carmona.

I was thinking they had <5 on both sides of the ball coming back that year....Been a while, and quite a run by the Tigers since then....
I agree that Drew Central will give everyone a run for there money.
State Predictions 2015
7A Springdale
6A Hall
5A Dequeen
4A Waldron
3A Drew Central
2A Hartford
For Real Preseason Picks
Bentonville, Greenwood, PA, Warren, Prescott, You
Know

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 23, 2014, 10:36:03 pm

BTW...

#1. Drew Central

Not quite HF, but close.

The 2005 state championship team returned 3 offensive and 7 defensive starters. They also returned a great kicker in Eduardo “Eddie” Carmona.

State Predictions 2015
7A Springdale
6A Hall
5A Dequeen
4A Waldron
3A Drew Central
2A Hartford
For Real Preseason Picks
Know

Prescott is hoping for the Smackover draw from this year?

BUCK FEVER

If anyone is thinking Smackover will drop off any from this years team will be making a bad mistake...the 2015 seniors (this years jr classs)........has always been winners,.... with or without this years senior class....actually the jr class class has a higher winning percentage than this years senior class from 3rd grade to date.......sure Logan and Elmo were great, a couple senior lineman were good, ...........I said 3 years ago this group would help punch the Bucks deep in the playoffs in 2013 for the first time in years....they did (semi-finals) 3 years ago I said they would challenge for state title in 2014 ,they did.......I said 3 years ago this group would win it all in 2015, I haven"t changed my mind.........consider this Jr class coming back....32-1 in jr high,plus you add #16 white and #6 davis from Norphlet........then add the 2 kids that has transfered in late  from Louisana  (2 brothers) the older one I see starting and filling some shoes next season on defense either corner or  d-back, the timing is perfect, speed replacing speed and the kid can tackle,....the younger one wil help out also, then you the Rucks kid who is a beast moving up along with 4 or 5 more quality  freshman...then another group of norphlet kids that did not play (but did in jr high) are now once again excitied about high football, they now feel like they are part of Smackover, they can"t wait,...winning just does that to you,.....The Bucks will be heavily loaded with speed, as much and probably more than this year...Bo Burrson will be fine @ QB......Look for Jordan Jones AND Purifoy both to also handle some of that QB responsibility nest year against certain teams and in certain situations....the offensive line is the one and only concern......some young lineman are  working hard, getting bigger/stronger , they  have set back for a couple years and studied the game and have witnessed what it takes to win...The Buckaroo football program is in a new era, a new age, a new attitude, and I believe we have witnessed over the past 2 the 3 years a new  winning tradition at Smackover,.............if anyone thinks the 2015 Bucks will drop off from this years will be making a mistake.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on December 23, 2014, 10:41:57 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 23, 2014, 10:36:03 pm

BTW...

#1. Drew Central

Not quite HF, but close.

State Predictions 2015
7A Springdale
6A Hall
5A Dequeen
4A Waldron
3A Drew Central
2A Hartford
For Real Preseason Picks
Know

Prescott is hoping for the Smackover draw from this year?

Also, one problem with your prediction of Hartford winning 2A....the deck will be really stacked against them next season, since they aren't playing football :D

Hootie

Smackover is going to be tough to beat next year. Everyone else after that is a toss up.

snoopy22

Smackover loses 8 starters on offense.  Including all 5 offensive linemen, their best playmaker, and an outstanding qb.  They will not be as good as this year but will be good.  Defense will be their strength.  They will be the second best team in their district and third best team in the state.  Could easily be back in the finals.

Proud Buckaroo

Those 5 offensive linemen will be replaced with the same exact size... Not to mention the Rucks kid moving up from Junior high. We will not fall off like you think we will. Beau will fill Logan's shoes just fine. He's started on defense as a sophmore all season long. We also have two move ins from LA that will fill in the shoes of our defensive end.

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah, Elmo will definitely be missed. He most likely won't be replaced in talent wise.. I look for Jordan to step up some more next season. We have ALL our runner backs returning next year. Losing a fullback though. I don't know why people think Smackover will not be as good next year.

WPWells

Proud Buckaroo

snoopy22

I'm gonna say it slower this time.  Losing all five offensive linemen, best skill guy, real good qb, and another starting receiver.  There is no way you will be as good.  Defensively I think y'all will be real good, but offense will drop off tremendously.  Still one of the best teams in 3A.  Five starters gone on offensive line is a real big deal for anyone.

Hootie

I agree losing the entire OL will be tough to overcome but come playoff time they'll have their horses ready. Right after McGehee beats them  ;D

snoopy22

Yep.  The big boys are in the south next year.  Fordyce Bugs will bite next year too.

Wolfpack68

There was maybe 1 big kid for Smackover when there sophomores were in Jr High. Not sure about this years but from looking on the sidelines, there wasn't many big kids.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 24, 2014, 01:35:00 pm
There was maybe 1 big kid for Smackover when there sophomores were in Jr High. Not sure about this years but from looking on the sidelines, there wasn't many big kids.

#62 Reave Mullens....should replace an O-lineman.....6-2....230
#60 Ryan Johnson.....should replace an O-lineman....6-2....250
#66 Ryan Jerry..........should replace an O-lineman....6-0...235
#74 Andrew Odom.....should replace an O-lineman....6-0....230....possible ..center

I guess you weren't looking too hard.

Wolfpack68

Good size. I'm talking guys the size of Brant. All of your guys were basically 260+. That's what I saw the title game.

Proud Buckaroo

They have the whole summer to put some weight on them. Just wait until you see the Rucks kid I'm talking about. He's a man amongst boys.

DeeGee

Quote from: sprout on December 23, 2014, 08:48:18 pm
1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Osceola
4. Booneville
5. Fordyce
6. Charleston
7. McGehee
8. ECS
9. Harding Academy
10. Lamar

Glen Rose will be improved but they wont sniff the top 10 in 2015

Yeah ummmm, I say they don't have to say they will, they will show you they will! GR is gonna be stronger than ya think! Not the GR that your BHG team played last year. But it's not my place to prove that, it's theirs. And they will! ;)

snoopy22

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 24, 2014, 01:42:00 pm

#74 Andrew Odom.....should replace an O-lineman....6-0....230....possible ..center

Listen I said you guys will be good.  You will have a chance to win it all, but you won't be as good as you were this year.  No use arguing it.  It will all be known in less than a year.  Lol Merry Christmas!

Wolfpack68

Well when you put it like that..... Yall should be good sized. Prescott should be as well.

DeeGee

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 24, 2014, 03:05:14 pm
Well when you put it like that..... Yall should be good sized. Prescott should be as well.

I think Prescott is gonna be tough to beat, and very underestimated as well.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 24, 2014, 03:53:57 pm

Would you now consider the 5-3A to be the SEC West? Prescott, GR, BHG, Centerpoint, ECS. Bismarck or Jessieville should be decent.

-Painted Fan-

I still think it's the 4-3A.
Charleston, Booneville, Lamar should be the Top 3 in Conference. Paris and Danville will probably be the other two playoff teams.
Yes, Charleston and Booneville will lose a lot to graduation, but they, along with Paris, have a lot of talent coming up from the junior high ranks.

DeeGee

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 24, 2014, 05:03:51 pm

Would you now consider the 5-3A to be the SEC West? Prescott, GR, BHG, Centerpoint, ECS. Bismarck or Jessieville should be decent.

No I wouldn't at this point. However I do feel it will be a very stout conference. These teams have all have the potential to prove me wrong though. GR will be on a way different level than last year. ECS, BHG,  and Centerpoint are all gonna be strong contenders as well. Prescott will be the conference leaders. If they get beat in conference than I'll be shocked.

the green moose

West Fork will be a dark horse this year, returning all state quarterback Colton Wise. Only losing 4 starters on offense and 4 on defense. Keep them in the back of your mind,

BUCK FEVER

IF big made you good......Lake Village would be state champions...................simply put....next years line will be a little smaller, but will be quicker...........smackover beats JC in week #1.......then goes 15-0

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 24, 2014, 01:42:00 pm

the witherington kid transfered back this year as a sophomore............if he gets in shape before next season he can be a great  o-lineman.............290lbs as a soph this season ....broke a foot or ankle in the first JV GAME and set out the rest of the season......he just needs to get in shape...big kid that was good in 7th grade ,then moved away and came back this year...............this line is going to be ok

Wolfpack68

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 24, 2014, 06:39:54 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 24, 2014, 05:03:51 pm

No I wouldn't at this point. However I do feel it will be a very stout conference. These teams have all have the potential to prove me wrong though. GR will be on a way different level than last year. ECS, BHG,  and Centerpoint are all gonna be strong contenders as well. Prescott will be the conference leaders. If they get beat in conference than I'll be shocked.
So will I.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas