• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMACKOVER'S MVP.....?

Started by BassMaster33, December 16, 2014, 02:35:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BassMaster33

Can anyone explain why #7, Elmo Hempstead did not make All-State?  Do the Coaches not vote on this?  He arguably was their MVP of the finals game.. PB, Buck Fever, what gives?

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 02:35:38 pm
Can anyone explain why #7, Elmo Hempstead did not make All-State?  Do the Coaches not vote on this?  He arguably was their MVP of the finals game.. PB, Buck Fever, what gives?

#1 or # 2 for smackover NO DOUBT and deserves any and all honors he recieves. Tough, physical player! However "arguably" the MVP? Come on that shouldn't be an argument. The kids a stud football player though. That's FOR SURE!

BassMaster33

So you do or do not agree he had the best game for Smack Fri night? I'm not sayin of the "entire" game..  Definitely Storey takes that..  He was their biggest weapon!

The Dynasty

Jones is the most gifted player on Smackover's team. I'll take coach BB's and his staff's word for it.

BassMaster33

I'm not going to question that either! I just feel he had the better game on both sides of the ball..  JJ had 2 big catches, the tipped TD and the great catch on the next to last play of the game

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 04:07:37 pm
Jones is the most gifted player on Smackover's team. I'll take coach BB's and his staff's word for it.

There is a difference between most gifted and best. Elmo Hempstead was their best player.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 04:00:28 pm
So you do or do not agree he had the best game for Smack Fri night? I'm not sayin of the "entire" game..  Definitely Storey takes that..  He was their biggest weapon!

He and Jones are at 1 and 2. I would say intechangable. They are both very good at what they do and are two completely different types of players. They both played their role nicely Friday night and both put their team in position late to have a chance at a state championship. So Jones or Elmo???? It could go either way for me.

BassMaster33

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 16, 2014, 04:19:08 pm
Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 04:00:28 pm

He and Jones are at 1 and 2. I would say intechangable. They are both very good at what they do and are two completely different types of players. They both played their role nicely Friday night and both put their team in position late to have a chance at a state championship. So Jones or Elmo???? It could go either way for me.
Gotcha.. 👍

cdelaney

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 16, 2014, 04:15:04 pm

There is a difference between most gifted and best. Elmo Hempstead was their best player.
Agree and agree. Jones may be a good SEC receiver someday but he is a project for UA coaches. Hempstead is a better HS player.

BassMaster33

Quote from: cdelaney on December 16, 2014, 04:26:01 pm

Agree and agree. Jones may be a good SEC receiver someday but he is a project for UA coaches. Hempstead is a better HS player.
+1

BUCK FEVER

I was out of town all day and just heard about that awhile ago, I"m shocked Elmo did not get all-state.....

One thing for sure, he is not finished playing football.

snoopy22

BAMA#16

I agree, Elmo was electric on both sides of the ball.

Sick Dog

has he had a problem with the coach? is there any bad blood there what I am trying to say?

Sick Dog

is he playing in the All star game? Sometimes if a kid gets that honor then they won't put them on the all state list so another teammate can get on it. That was the case two years ago with one of my best friends son.

gold45

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 16, 2014, 07:56:17 pm
is he playing in the All star game? Sometimes if a kid gets that honor then they won't put them on the all state list so another teammate can get on it. That was the case two years ago with one of my best friends son.

You have friends, Sick Dog???  Just kidding! ;D

voice74

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 16, 2014, 07:46:31 pm
has he had a problem with the coach? is there any bad blood there what I am trying to say?

No problem with the coaches.  Smackover coaches nominated him...that's all they can do.  The rest of the coaches along with smackovers vote for all state.  Before playoffs even start.  Even if everyone of them voted for him other coaches would have to as well:  the other coaches in the conference decided that the running back from fouke was more deserving...which was interesting to say the least. 

I know for a fact the coaches of smackover left the conference coaches meeting where they decided all this very upset.  It has nothing to do with the smackover coaches.  They believe Elmo got snubbed as well.   

Smackover Fan

It really bothers my brain why he didn't get it. Offensively, he's out up better numbers than Jordan nearly every game this year, and defensively...DEFINITELY the most dynamic. Jordan is great, no denying, but Elmo is being shadowed by someone who is ONLY taller than him and a little faster.

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 18, 2014, 04:54:01 pm
It really bothers my brain why he didn't get it. Offensively, he's out up better numbers than Jordan nearly every game this year, and defensively...DEFINITELY the most dynamic. Jordan is great, no denying, but Elmo is being shadowed by someone who is ONLY taller than him and a little faster.

This sounds harsh to Jones and I didn't mean it to, just think Elmo should be talked about at least half as much as Jordan, but he doesn't even get that.

BAMA#16

Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 18, 2014, 04:55:53 pm
Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 18, 2014, 04:54:01 pm

This sounds harsh to Jones and I didn't mean it to, just think Elmo should be talked about at least half as much as Jordan, but he doesn't even get that.
After watching the title game, Elmo would get my vote, he's great on both sides of the ball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas