• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Coach Kendrick stay at charleston?

Started by Woopig75, November 24, 2014, 07:41:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2014, 07:45:32 pm
Doesn't belong here until after the season. Kendrick is the Charleston coach until this season is over and discussing anything else is a distraction

Just outta curiosity, how is this any different than u starting the Ctown Bville thread a week early?

WPWells

Starting a game thread a week early is just to spark conversation. That game was on the schedule, and everyone knew it was going to happen, so that was something relevant to the season. Discussing a possible coaching change is irrelevant to the current season

elmerfudd

Ok so new rule everybody, listen up:

You can only start a thread to spark up conversation about something that everyone knows is going to happen beforehand, and only things that pertain to the current season.

Get it? Got it? Good!

nastynice

Quote from: Hootie on November 25, 2014, 10:43:36 am
The pay increase from 3A football to 6A/7A football is a lot bigger than you think. Hard to turn down a 35% salary increase no matter the profession.
To me if a coach is concerned with his family, then that 35% pay raise would mean a lot to him. What's better for a "young" family than almost twice the money?
I could see if he was an older satisfied coach just happy to be in a small town, but a young coach is different. They almost always check to see if the grass is greener somewhere.

nastynice

Quote from: gold45 on November 24, 2014, 10:20:58 pm
He has other "ties" to Charleston that may keep him as head coach rather than pursuing a more elite, higher paying coaching position.  He has a brilliant football mind.  Combine his and Stewart's offensive genius with Hobbs' and Meyers' defensive brilliance (and some athletes to coach), and you pretty much have the perfect combo for success. I personally hope he stays in Chucktown.
You're gonna have to choose a side. No fence straddling.

DogsWin7

Jack1990

Hootie

Jack1990

gold45

Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 03:06:03 pm
He has other "ties" to Charleston that may keep him as head coach rather than pursuing a more elite, higher paying coaching position.  He has a brilliant football mind.  Combine his and Stewart's offensive genius with Hobbs' and Meyers' defensive brilliance (and some athletes to coach), and you pretty much have the perfect combo for success. I personally hope he stays in Chucktown.
I thought I already did.  October 31, 2014. Very publicly.  I hope I get to do it again December 5, 2014.  GO CATS GO!!!!

nastynice

Quote from: gold45 on November 25, 2014, 04:27:56 pm
Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 03:06:03 pm
I thought I already did.  October 31, 2014. Very publicly.  I hope I get to do it again December 5, 2014.  GO CATS GO!!!!
Lots better!

RamAlum10

Springdale not too far from Chuck, and they'd pay pretty good

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 02:33:50 pm
The pay increase from 3A football to 6A/7A football is a lot bigger than you think. Hard to turn down a 35% salary increase no matter the profession.
To me if a coach is concerned with his family, then that 35% pay raise would mean a lot to him. What's better for a "young" family than almost twice the money?
I could see if he was an older satisfied coach just happy to be in a small town, but a young coach is different. They almost always check to see if the grass is greener somewhere.

Some could think winning is more important than the money though. May h ave already been put on here, but is Kendrick from Charleston? Winning state titles at the old alma mater is the dream to some guys...

Lineman

adaptedtigerfan

HorseFeathers

nastynice

Quote from: HF on November 25, 2014, 05:30:04 pm
Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 02:33:50 pm

Some could think winning is more important than the money though. May h ave already been put on here, but is Kendrick from Charleston? Winning state titles at the old alma mater is the dream to some guys...
Thats true some coaches don't care about their career, they just want a job close to home.  He doesn't come across that way to me though.

Lineman

nastynice

Quote from: Lineman on November 25, 2014, 06:13:24 pm
How does he come across to you?
Ambitious and on a mission to prove himself on a higher level!

Lineman

What are you baseing that on?  Have you had many conversations with him?

YC

November 25, 2014, 06:26:12 pm #73 Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:32:43 pm by IofthaTiger
nm   

nastynice

Quote from: Lineman on November 25, 2014, 06:21:33 pm
What are you baseing that on?  Have you had many conversations with him?
Not many. So you're saying he's settled in and doesn't want to pursue a bigger career?

Lineman

I'm not going to say never, but I'd be very surprised if he left on his own

Sick Dog

Leave the man alone. this is some idiot from Booneville or Smackover trying to stir up some stuff to get Chuck off the focus of winning the state championship. Good luck with it?

nastynice

Since it's all public information. Does anyone know what the salaries are of some of the area coaches? How does the 3a coaches compare to each other and to bigger schools?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 10:11:04 pm
Since it's all public information. Does anyone know what the salaries are of some of the area coaches? How does the 3a coaches compare to each other and to bigger schools?

Watch...You'll have the PC police jump on you for posting that stuff. I did it last year when I posted some stuff on a coach that was linked to the Waldron job, and got all kinds of messages and stuff jumping down my throat for that one...They didn't even care that anyone that knew how to operate a computer could look up all that stuff either...

HorseFeathers

November 25, 2014, 10:20:07 pm #79 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:22:15 pm by HF
http://www.arkansasonline.com/extra/databases/coachsalaries/?appSession=055483011847436 This link is a bit dated(Shows Loughridge as the Coach at Charleston), but could give ya at least a starting point to debate the salary aspect of it all.

***Edit...Ok it's closer to 10 years old than I realized...Marc Tucker hasn't been at Hector in a while.

OLDSCHOOL82

You can go to any schools website and it's in the state required section.

nastynice

Quote from: HF on November 25, 2014, 10:16:07 pm

Watch...You'll have the PC police jump on you for posting that stuff. I did it last year when I posted some stuff on a coach that was linked to the Waldron job, and got all kinds of messages and stuff jumping down my throat for that one...They didn't even care that anyone that knew how to operate a computer could look up all that stuff either...
Looks like you scared everyone off HF.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nastynice on November 27, 2014, 03:25:30 pm
Quote from: HF on November 25, 2014, 10:16:07 pm

Looks like you scared everyone off HF.

The PC police scare everyone :D... If they come at me, I'll just start a riot and burn something 8)

gitrdone

Just heard from a "reliable" source that Coal Hill is starting a dodge ball team and he is being considered for this job.

KOJACK

Coach prolly should upgrade... Sometimes your scheme isn't as good when you don't have an SEC Qb running the show...js

BAMA#16

Charleston actually has a good one behind TY, just a sophomore.

nastynice

Just like any other business, and this is a business! Sell high and buy cheap!
His stock won't get any higher.

KOJACK

Quote from: BAMA#16 on November 28, 2014, 11:58:22 am
Charleston actually has a good one behind TY, just a sophomore.
Not SEC caliber...

BAMA#16

TeeLee

I talked to Coach Kendricks mother tonight and learned everything about this subject there is to be known.  And to show you what kind of fellow I am.....................I ain't telling nothing.  :P

Skip Baymore

It might be a good time for him to accept a bigger offer.  Charleston will be a good team next year but it will be their turn to "recycle" the next year or two.  Before this year, the best teams of the past five years have been Charleston, Harding Academy, Glen Rose and Fountain Lake (now 4A of course).  Fountain Lake last year and Glen Rose this year kind of hit the wall.  Harding Academy younger and thinner in depth this year (still managed a conf. title) and a very respectable season but not running at the same horsepower.  Guess who's next to have to rebuild?  And Im not talking about Drew Central.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.   Lol.  I kind of cracked myself up on that one.  Yours truly,  Skip.

TeeLee

Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 29, 2014, 12:39:22 am
It might be a good time for him to accept a bigger offer.  Charleston will be a good team next year but it will be their turn to "recycle" the next year or two.  Before this year, the best teams of the past five years have been Charleston, Harding Academy, Glen Rose and Fountain Lake (now 4A of course).  Fountain Lake last year and Glen Rose this year kind of hit the wall.  Harding Academy younger and thinner in depth this year (still managed a conf. title) and a very respectable season but not running at the same horsepower.  Guess who's next to have to rebuild?  And Im not talking about Drew Central.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.   Lol.  I kind of cracked myself up on that one.  Yours truly,  Skip.

It's a shame that Steven A. is not here to argue the other side like he usually does.  ;D

Sourpuss

If Kendrick leaves I'll shave all the hair off of my hairy gorilla like body. 

Whomever up there said that he "has ties" to the community...that person gets it. Everyone else is full of it.

I could even share a story to illustrate this, but im not gonna.  :)

He's not going anywhere.  His hair will be gray when he quits coaching at Charleston.  And Charleston will be better for it, though they will proclaim him the worst coach ever and want to crucify him after his first loss here, in keeping with rich tradition. 

There is the slightest of chances that when Greenwood opens up he could be lured there (driving distance) (doubt it..but a snowball in heck has a chance), but anywhere else outside of FSM within driving distance doesn't make sense.

A major factor influencing CDL to leave will be the same factor to influence Kendrick to stay. 

Puss out

whippersnapper

Just to join in maybe Kendrick to Russellville?

Sourpuss

November 29, 2014, 11:48:03 am #94 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:58:31 am by Sourpuss
I have strong reason to believe that Kendrick will live in Charleston for many more years.  He appears to be quite content here.  If not here maybe Fort Smith in years to come. 

It will be tough for him to leave here.  Not because he can't.  He just won't.  Unless they start treating him like garbage.   if that happens he'll go to one of the many suitors he has each year.  He's a lifetime hire wherever he goes. 

Now if a school had enough $ to lure Loughridge away from Alma then he might consider there as well.  There are whispering's and rumors all the time. This year is no different.  I just can't imagine who'd need a coach that could pay more than Alma?

But I could see Kendrick taking a strong look and following DL down the path to Alma.  Again, driving distance.  Think Russvegas is too far.

Wolfpack68

To be honest, Idk anything about Coach Kendrick but I don't see him leaving anytime soon. He's what, 28-0 at Charleston? That's something special. He's losing one of the best this year but he still has good players( They always do). He's not leaving now. Maybe in the future sometime though. Who knows, if he keeps up the streak he may get a college offer to Arkansas or ASTATE. But for now, he'll stay at Charleston. Don't worry 12th Man.😂

Woopig75

Coach L left because of a meddling administration in his program!! Most coaches won't put up with that!! Doubt Kendrick puts up with it long term??the grass is always greener

WPWells

Wolfpack68

Imma leave it at this. I want to see what he can do without Storey and King. Not doubting him at all, but will it stay at 14-0 or 15-0, or will it turn into a 7-9 win season. That's still a good season though.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Heard from a very reliable source that he has already been called about two very good openings coming up...

Kendrick is a very talented young coach...the offers will be rolling in...and lot's of money...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas