• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Coach Kendrick stay at charleston?

Started by Woopig75, November 24, 2014, 07:41:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

I agree with the earlier poster he should just wait for the AR State or UofA job to open

Skip Baymore

Quote from: TeeLee on November 29, 2014, 01:01:00 am
Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 29, 2014, 12:39:22 am
It might be a good time for him to accept a bigger offer.  Charleston will be a good team next year but it will be their turn to "recycle" the next year or two.  Before this year, the best teams of the past five years have been Charleston, Harding Academy, Glen Rose and Fountain Lake (now 4A of course).  Fountain Lake last year and Glen Rose this year kind of hit the wall.  Harding Academy younger and thinner in depth this year (still managed a conf. title) and a very respectable season but not running at the same horsepower.  Guess who's next to have to rebuild?  And Im not talking about Drew Central.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it.   Lol.  I kind of cracked myself up on that one.  Yours truly,  Skip.

It's a shame that Steven A. is not here to argue the other side like he usually does.  ;D
Lol.  And he could probably make a good one!  Coach Kendrick is a heck of a coach though and I hope he does what his heart tells him if there are new options presented to him.

nastynice

Can anyone explain exactly why Coach L left Charleston a couple years ago? I've heard so many conflicting stories about why. No pun intended.

fbisgreat

At Charleston he was making 65,000 a year coaching and teaching 3 or 4 classes a day.At Alma he makes 92,000 a year teaching 0 classes a day.Now there might be more to it than that i don't no But his wife is from like west fork and it was closer to her family.

hoghelmet14

I heard Coach Kendrick is up for the Florida job.... any truth to that rumor?

YC

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 01, 2014, 04:50:59 pm

Sheeee.
It's only partly true. The one they are wanting to hire has contacted Kendrick and asked if he takes the job will he come as his OC and bring Storey with him. 

Skip Baymore

You are way behind dude.  He turned that down yesterday and will be announced as the new head coach of the New York Jets tomorrow morning sometime.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 02, 2014, 12:48:09 am
You are way behind dude.  He turned that down yesterday and will be announced as the new head coach of the New York Jets tomorrow morning sometime.

I know that was a joke, but that has brought a serious question to my mind. Has a high school coach ever gone from coaching HS to coaching in the NFL? Seems like a silly question.

adaptedtigerfan

If not, it probably won't be long w/ Malzahn

hoghelmet14

I heard Jon Gruden was getting the Jest Job.... and Coach K will be his new OC....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 02, 2014, 03:34:37 pm

I heard Jon Gruden was getting the Jest Job.... and Coach K will be his new OC....

Are you sure about this? I seen Jon Gruden just the other day wearing a black and gold tie.

7AFball

WPWells

1. Why do you say that?
2. Where is he going?

7AFball

Why did Coach L leave for Alma with a great team coming back?

Some 5A to 7A schools are looking for a new coach, so I am sure Coach K will be listening and interested in any significant salary increase in the mix, whether it be a flat stipend or % of base salary to be HC in football.

Sign of changing times in the football coaching world and pressures from fans, parents and administrators to succeed every year to the point of being in the playoffs and be conference champs and state champs etc .......  I don't blame coaches for looking elsewhere, even though they may have returned home as K did and have family there and such. The lure of a higher classification is always there, and to prove that one can have success at that level and continue to be a winning coach is just a bit of a challenge for a young coach. Just my take on things, see it every year at this time of the year. The domino effect each and every year!!  :-\

Skip Baymore

Yea.  My sources were wrong and I think you have most of it right.  Gruden is going to the Jets, but Coach K is rumored to be trying out as the new long snapper for the Oakland Raiders and will serve in a secondary role as special teams coordinater.  Let me know if your sources say differently.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 03, 2014, 12:39:57 am

Yea.  My sources were wrong and I think you have most of it right.  Gruden is going to the Jets, but Coach K is rumored to be trying out as the new long snapper for the Oakland Raiders and will serve in a secondary role as special teams coordinater.  Let me know if your sources say differently.

Tell Coach K... stay away from the Oakland dumpster fire...... its a career killer.... ask D-Mac!

KOJACK

Him and Ty are gonna ride off in the sunset together after this year.

crmorrow24

Quote from: KOJACK on December 03, 2014, 11:06:11 am
Could this be another Springdale story up on the Hill?  I'm hearing people say Cheaney needs to leave and Kendrick take over like Gus did????

nastynice

Quote from: crmorrow24 on December 03, 2014, 12:40:42 pm
Could this be another Springdale story up on the Hill?  I'm hearing people say Cheaney needs to leave and Kendrick take over like Gus did????
Coach K runs the wrong offense for Coach B.

fbisgreat

Quote from: nastynice on December 03, 2014, 01:41:47 pm
Quote from: crmorrow24 on December 03, 2014, 12:40:42 pm
Coach K runs the wrong offense for Coach B.
Coach B might be a cornhusker pretty soon.

HSFBF

Quote from: fbisgreat on December 03, 2014, 04:16:32 pm
Coach B might be a cornhusker pretty soon.
I heard the SAME thing today! Possible? Less of strong conference, less top 25 foes week after week, and easy to get big corn fed guys to come there, since they live there!!  ;D  Bet if Nebraska comes calling for B then the U of A will pay the 6-6 coach another $1 million to stay. Houston Nutt pulled off that gig twice! Now where is he?  ???

WPWells

Just announced that he's not going to Nebraska

nastynice

WPWells

Multiple sources reporting that he's not leaving

HSFBF

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2014, 06:00:43 pm
Multiple sources reporting that he's not leaving
Great!  Think he sees the benefits of being in the SEC, despite its competitiveness every year, no easy pickings to play, especially in the West division. Nebraska type ball can be played in the SEC. Look at who all said the "no huddle, fast pace" type offense would not work in the SEC (al la Broyles, Nutt and others), then came along Malzahn to prove them ALL wrong. Same way with grind it out running game, big linemen etc and a 'keep em honest' passing game. But with Ty Storey in the picture, THEN what? I predict run/pass 50%/50%... We shall see. Anxious to see if coach B will redshirt Ty Storey.  ???  Wud be a waste I think.

WPWells

YC

Somehow this got changed for coach K to coach B and the QB situation at the UofA. Since it has I guess I can throw in my 2 cents worth as well.

Denial from coaches happens all the time and there is always the chance someone will take a different job until the contract is signed by a coach at a job opening. Buyouts on coach's contracts mean absolutely nothing. Ninety percent of the major programs have enough wealthy boosters to pay the amount needed if they want someone bad enough. I don't think coach B leaves at this time. There is a lot of discontent at Iowa and if their coach was let go then I would be concerned. However I think coach F at Iowa has another year and possibly two to improve that situation.

Coach B is extremely protective of his assistants. He wants to call the shots as far as they are concerned and wants them paid well for the jobs they do (that's the reason he left Wisconsin and Jeff Long gets no credit for it. In fact the last two have fallen right into his lap. If anyone leaves he [Long] would be my 1st choice). If someone starts interfering with his right to have the assistants he wants and paid a proper salary then he will be gone very soon.

There are some people that have the football intelligence of my five year old nephew (now excuse me while I go apologize to my nephew) that want Chaney (OC) gone. These people have no clue of how little D1 talent the man has to work with. He is continually put into bad positions where has to try and cover the problems at several position (that includes QB). If enough pressure is put on coach B to release Chaney I could see him [coach B] leaving. If Chaney is gone Ty needs to seriously reconsider his options.

I guess it could happen but I don't see a true freshman replacing a five year sr. with two year's SEC experience. If Brandon can't get the job done then I think we see Austin (if he doesn't transfer) or Peevy (if he doesn't transfer). I'm told by some reliable people that Peevy has a long, long, way to go.

Is Storey the answer? I don't know and neither does anyone else at this point. I will say however he would have to be head and shoulders above the rest to start. I think its 99.9% that he redshirts.

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2014, 07:04:19 am
Ty will almost definitely redshirt

Especially we are rumored to be a top candidate to land Braxton Miller from Ohio State... He know J.T. Barrett has won the position for next year too. Miller will graduate from Ohio State so is able to transfer and get his Masters at Arkansas without sitting out a year.

Sourpuss

Quote from: 7AFball on December 02, 2014, 08:57:28 pm
Why did Coach L leave for Alma with a great team coming back?

That's awkward.  Believe I know but don't wanna say.  I'll can tell you that what I heard has already been posted.  My source on this is as reliable as it could be in my opinion. also there was the extra $30,000 a year.  Like an extra salary there.  that could have influenced things a bit. 

Puss out.

HorseFeathers

Here's my thoughts on this subject....If Kendrick is going to leave Charleston right now would probably be the time to do it. He's 29-0 as a Head Coach, Back to Back State Champion. And no SEC Caliber QB next year.....BUT It is still Charleston. Probably one of the best communities to be a part of from a sports/football perspective. And they have a winning tradition there that few can compare to, but money talks to some, and if the right school comes knocking...

WPWells

It would have to be the perfect situation. His wife is from Charleston, and I don't think she would be very keen on moving, and Coach Kendrick has always said that family is more important to him than his job

Sourpuss

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 14, 2014, 07:23:14 am
It would have to be the perfect situation. His wife is from Charleston, and I don't think she would be very keen on moving, and Coach Kendrick has always said that family is more important to him than his job
everybody hold your cards.....B3, I 22, N 34.......

That's a bingo!  Kendrick stays.  Until he loses a game and the town turns on him and questions whether or not he can coach (despite winning last Friday with a struggling offensive line and waaayyyy less talent top to bottom - take out Storey and how does that game look - yeah think about it for a second).  It'll happen.  Whole town is filled with coaches.  All of them well qualified at 0-0. 

Puss out

punisher

Quote from: Sourpuss on December 15, 2014, 08:43:46 pm

That's a bingo!  Kendrick stays.  Until he loses a game and the town turns on him and questions whether or not he can coach (despite winning last Friday with a struggling offensive line and waaayyyy less talent top to bottom - take out Storey and how does that game look - yeah think about it for a second).  It'll happen.  Whole town is filled with coaches.  All of them well qualified at 0-0. 

Puss out

Unfortunately that is true.  At the state championship game, I witnessed what a first half of adversity brought out of some qualified armchair coaches against a team as talented as Smackover.  What has impressed me most about Coach Kendrick is how he smoothly transitioned Charleston from a fairly unsophisticated power running, wing-T team into a spread team, while still maintaining the smash-mouth mentality on defense.  Sure we had a once in a generation quarterback on the field guiding it, but the schemes that were taught were new and complex to the kids.  His ability to communicate what amounted to a whole new language to these kids in a short amount of time just speaks of his teaching abilities.  He truly maximizes the talents of the personnel he has to work with. 

nastynice

December 15, 2014, 09:41:05 pm #134 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:43:57 pm by nastynice
Quote from: punisher on December 15, 2014, 09:29:26 pm

Puss out

Unfortunately that is true.  At the state championship game, I witnessed what a first half of adversity brought out of some qualified armchair coaches against a team as talented as Smackover.  What has impressed me most about Coach Kendrick is how he smoothly transitioned Charleston from a fairly unsophisticated power running, wing-T team into a spread team, while still maintaining the smash-mouth mentality on defense.  Sure we had a once in a generation quarterback on the field guiding it, but the schemes that were taught were new and complex to the kids.  His ability to communicate what amounted to a whole new language to these kids in a short amount of time just speaks of his teaching abilities.  He truly maximizes the talents of the personnel he has to work with.
These are all good examples of why, if he is ambitious any at all, he will leave. If he isn't, sure he will stay.

hoghelmet14

Puss out

Were you sitting in front of that former Tiger Player who had a "ring"?.... He bashed the play calling all first half until someone shut him up!

punisher

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 15, 2014, 09:43:53 pm

Puss out

Were you sitting in front of that former Tiger Player who had a "ring"?.... He bashed the play calling all first half until someone shut him up!

I heard him.  I am sure the Lord of the Ring is very successful at his current place of employment, probably the best in the state at what he does, and doesn't mind folks that have sacked groceries before questioning him repeatedly for putting the eggs in with the milk as loudly as humanly possible.

DeeGee

Wow! A former player????? Really????
Totally unacceptable!  Somebody go take his ring, apparently he don't deserve it! Smh.......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas