• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the gas price in your town?

Started by Lions84, October 03, 2005, 10:20:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Miner Nation

Quote from: Miner Nation on May 24, 2007, 11:48:36 pm
Gas prices in Bryant actually dropped more than a penny today.  It went from $3.13 to $3.07. 
Here on Friday the price went up two cents to $3.09.

jackfan1™

Quote from: RAD on May 25, 2007, 03:39:20 pm
Same deal in El Dorado.  3.09 before price gouging news story, dropped to 2.99 the next day.  Usually gas is higher here than most other parts of the state and we have a refinery.  Have yet to figure that one out.

We have Marathon Oil here and the highest prices anywhere. They were recently charged with price gouging following Katrina and they are still robbing us.
We are hovering in the 3.27 to 3.29 mark with no relief in sight.

Happy summer traveling, y'all.

Texarkana_Piggie

2.94 at walmart.  most other places 2.99

jackfan1™

I went across the river to Ohio this morning. The gas was $3.49.9!

Yikes, I thought it was bad on THIS side of the river! I live within spitting distance of two states; Ohio and West Virginia and, of course, I live in Kentucky.....the prices are 30 to 40 cents different in all three.

Makes no sense to me.

RD™

Never fear folks, it's fixing to go down, we will be back at the bargain price of 3.00 very soon!!!

<sarcasm>

jackfan1™

Quote from: RD on May 26, 2007, 06:38:02 pm
Never fear folks, it's fixing to go down, we will be back at the bargain price of 3.00 very soon!!!

<sarcasm>

Oh yay!

Then I can buy 4 gallons instead of two!

justin_njhs09

It's been $3.02 in Newport for the last couple of days... I saw $3.09 in Mountain Home yesterday.

Miner Nation

Friday it was $3.07 and Saturday its $3.09.  It keeps going between those two prices.

amehr36

hoghigh

Quote from: jackfan1 on May 25, 2007, 11:49:06 pm
Same deal in El Dorado.  3.09 before price gouging news story, dropped to 2.99 the next day.  Usually gas is higher here than most other parts of the state and we have a refinery.  Have yet to figure that one out.

We have Marathon Oil here and the highest prices anywhere. They were recently charged with price gouging following Katrina and they are still robbing us.

Marathon Oil, buy somewhere else if possible.  Marathon is owned by the Saudi Oil Company.

jackfan1™

Quote from: hoghigh on May 27, 2007, 01:44:25 pm
Quote from: jackfan1 on May 25, 2007, 11:49:06 pm

Marathon Oil, buy somewhere else if possible.  Marathon is owned by the Saudi Oil Company.

I never buy at the Marathon station. I usually buy it at Super Quik or Krogers but I don't know who they get their gas from.
The problem is that Marathon sets the price in this area. When they hike it up, everyone else follows suit.

beegirl0

I filled up today at Kroger's here in Atlanta with 10cents off/gallon and it was $2.97 :) I'm trying to not be pessimistic about the prices as I travel home here shortly....hopefully they will keep on lowering! Every penny counts these days!

transplant

Quote from: beegirl0 on May 27, 2007, 11:22:29 pm
I filled up today at Kroger's here in Atlanta with 10cents off/gallon and it was $2.97 :) I'm trying to not be pessimistic about the prices as I travel home here shortly....hopefully they will keep on lowering! Every penny counts these days!

How bad was the smoke in Atlanta from the fires in S. Georgia...I heard it was bad 60 miles noth of there.

Lions84

jackfan1™

Quote from: transplant on May 27, 2007, 11:57:57 pm

How bad was the smoke in Atlanta from the fires in S. Georgia...I heard it was bad 60 miles noth of there.

I don't think she has seen this but in speaking with her, she didn't really mention it. I did see on the news that the air quality was pretty bad. They need rain badly.....my luck, it will probably be when I go see her, hopefully in a week or so.
Rain would help the fire situation and clean the air a bit.

transplant

It's certainly bad there and I hope it rains before I head to Georgia in June.

On topic...Nashville 2.98

Miner Nation

The price held steady here all weekend at $3.04.

wynneaholic©

Memorial day is over and it has dropped to $2.90 in Wynne!!

beegirl0

It's been really bad actually. They are posting advisorys every day for those with respitory problems or the elderly, telling them to just stay inside. It smells horrible outside and the smoke is definitely visible.

jackfan1™

Quote from: beegirl0 on May 29, 2007, 01:38:28 pm

It's been really bad actually. They are posting advisorys every day for those with respitory problems or the elderly, telling them to just stay inside. It smells horrible outside and the smoke is definitely visible.
Hey! Holler at me.....I have an idea.

BusyMom

Paid $3.05 this morning in Batesville.

warriorsforever

Anywhere from $2.98 to 3.15 in Russellville

athletic supporter

$2.97 in Pottsville
$2.97 in Blackwell

hoghigh

Crossed from Ft Smith to Big Mac in Oklahoma - 3.29 Ft Smith and 3.19 across Oklahoma

athletic supporter

warriorsforever

Yesterday, I bought gas for $2.99 in Russellville, $3.01 in Stamps. and $3.09 at Morgan.  To keep my Blazer on the highway yesterday, I think I spent close to $90.  That's depressing!  I did notice that it was $2.89 at the Pilot at Exit 84 when I got home last night

mulerider12

Garo

I was in New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado last week..gas was anywhere between 3.49 and 3.79 a gallon.  The trip to and from in a 4-Runner (pulling two Harleys on a trailer) cost nearly a grand!!

Lions84

$2:95 at Big Willies in Cleburne Tx today!

COWGIRLUPAR

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

A little lower here.  2.85 in WM/Marion today

Lions84

$2:39 New Castle, VA  cheapest today

$4:12 MELVINDALE, MI  Highest today

national Avg $3:18

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

wynneaholic©

jackfan1™

Still 3.22+ here in NE Kentucky. :(

Hoping for a drop before I head to ATL next week. x fingersxcrossed x

justin_njhs09

Lions84

Dropped to $2:92  In cleburne tx yesterday.

sportsmom

Just got back from a quick trip to Ohio and I was shocked at the differences in gas prices from state to state.  Illinois and Ohio were .30 higher than what I paid when I left Wynne, and Indiana was .50 higher.  Ridiculous.

warriorsforever

Indiana is notorious for excessively high gas prices- it has something to do with the tax they add to it. As a kid, when we traveled to Ohio and New York, we always bought gas before we crossed into Indiana, if possible. Happy days in Russellville- $2.87 at both the Flying J and Pilot

hoghigh

Still have a problem with them (oil companies) taking advantage of our situation.

justin_njhs09

$2.95 in Newport for the last couple of days.

Miner Nation

Fuel prices holding steady around here at $3.04.

Tarkus

Took a road trip to Memphis and back in our Cherokee this past weekend. Paid $2.85 in West Memphis and $2.87 in Russelville. This morning I had to fill up my truck on the way to work @ $3.09 in Springdale. Sux paying almost $0.25 more in NWA.

HorseFeathers

2.99 in Hector and Dover

Um...2.92 on Dover Side of Russellville....I think it was still around 2.90 on the east side of town...

30kfeet

Footballer

On my trip from White Hall to Panama City last week gas ranged from $2.87 to $3.09. The most regular price was probably $2.99 with the $2.87 appearing in various places across MS and the $3.09 being right here at home.

rdubs8

HorseFeathers

2.83 in Russellville, 2.95 in Dover, 2.99 in Hector   Oh how under 3 dollars sounds good....

Marionpats07™

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas