• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The JC Thread

Started by Dragon I, December 02, 2014, 12:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 28, 2019, 08:54:06 pm
This thread gonna get real interesting by this time tomorrow....

Reload.

POWERCAT PRIDE

January 28, 2019, 09:48:14 pm #401 Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:49:55 pm by POWERCAT PRIDE
Bleu......you know this is going to trigger the JC fan base. Jones is going to the Evil Empire to the North. He could have gone to Parker's Chapel...sorry Perfect Chapel, and it wouldn't have been as bad. But Eldo? Heck Naw! Anybody but Eldo! That's like bringing your best girl to the prom and some better looking dude leaves with her in his Porsche.

THA TRUTH

Won't be nothing to get to riled up about.... Jc still has the kids and coaches to keep doing  what they have been doing the last 20 years

i40traveler

So will the DC get the job this time around?

old.dole

Nah they going to keep overlooking him for some young whipper snapper

POWERCAT PRIDE

Our Transportation Superintendent  just needs to know how big of a bus to send to Louisiana to pick up all the players every Friday? Oh and a map would be good too.

Rida4Life

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 29, 2019, 08:45:36 am
Our Transportation Superintendent  just needs to know how big of a bus to send to Louisiana to pick up all the players every Friday? Oh and a map would be good too.

Go back to the big boy boards and leave us AA peons alone!

HAHAHAHAAHA.... I kid I Kid!!!!

bleudog

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 28, 2019, 09:48:14 pm
Bleu......you know this is going to trigger the JC fan base. Jones is going to the Evil Empire to the North. He could have gone to Parker's Chapel...sorry Perfect Chapel, and it wouldn't have been as bad. But Eldo? Heck Naw! Anybody but Eldo! That's like bringing your best girl to the prom and some better looking dude leaves with her in his Porsche.

I don't care for the evil empire mostly because of Murphy creating the El Dorado Promise and not the Union County Promise.

Any employer wants a quality employee who will remain a quality employee for a long tenure.  Any hire is a chance on both counts.

I'm sure JC thought Jones' alumnus status would increase the tenure odds.  If what's being posted on FF comes to fruition, I'd guess El Do thinks Jones' Union County ties would do the same in their case.  Only time will tell.

Now going to PC would just cause everybody to question Jones' sanity.  ;D 

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: bleudog on January 29, 2019, 08:56:46 am
I don't care for the evil empire mostly because of Murphy creating the El Dorado Promise and not the Union County Promise.

Any employer wants a quality employee who will remain a quality employee for a long tenure.  Any hire is a chance on both counts.

I'm sure JC thought Jones' alumnus status would increase the tenure odds.  If what's being posted on FF comes to fruition, I'd guess El Do thinks Jones' Union County ties would do the same in their case.  Only time will tell.

Now going to PC would just cause everybody to question Jones' sanity.  ;D

lol....but Bleu you know The Promise would have to be a big incentive to get Jones to come to Eldo even now, since he has 2 kids and 2 on the way. That's four college educations paid for if they graduate from EHS. So you know with the hatred of The Promise on the border, that will just fuel the fire. Am I right?

THA TRUTH

Not as much and u might think lol

WHITEchicken

So who is going to get the JC job now?

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: WHITEchicken on January 29, 2019, 09:24:55 am
So who is going to get the JC job now?

I think the JC PeeWee team coach has already sent his resume to Lowe

bleudog

January 29, 2019, 10:09:46 am #412 Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:14:32 am by bleudog
Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 29, 2019, 09:10:02 am
lol....but Bleu you know The Promise would have to be a big incentive to get Jones to come to Eldo even now, since he has 2 kids and 2 on the way. That's four college educations paid for if they graduate from EHS. So you know with the hatred of The Promise on the border, that will just fuel the fire. Am I right?

Good coaches are notoriously transitory.  Carpenter was an anomaly when it came to one of the best high school coaches in Arkansas history staying as long as he did at Junction.  (and the Dragon choir says AMEN for that)

Despite what some people in central Union County might think, El Dorado High School is not the end of every coach's rainbow.  By the time any good coach with kids a young as Jones' are are ready to go to college, those kids might get free college tuition because Daddy is coaching the college team.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: bleudog on January 29, 2019, 10:09:46 am
Good coaches are notoriously transitory.  Carpenter was an anomaly when it came to one of the best high school coaches in Arkansas history staying as long as he did at Junction.  (and the Dragon choir says AMEN for that)

Despite what some people in central Union County might think, El Dorado High School is not the end of every coach's rainbow.  By the time any good coach with kids a young as Jones' are are ready to go to college, those kids might get free college tuition because Daddy is coaching the college team.

I don't necessarily believe Eldo is the end of the rainbow. Much bigger and better positions out there. We've had our share of good coaches and they moved on. Northwest Arkansas seems to be the place most want to be now. With that said, it is one of the most supported programs in the state, financially and otherwise. And yes, I know Jones has bigger goals than being a high school coach for the rest of his life. Give him 10 years and with experience, he will probably be in a college position somewhere.

boogercat

Nothing is made official yet.

THA TRUTH

Somethings are official

boogercat

Vaughn got the Butch Gray treatment.

bleudog

January 29, 2019, 11:00:27 am #417 Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:27:56 pm by bleudog
Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 29, 2019, 09:37:18 am
I think the JC PeeWee team coach has already sent his resume to Lowe

Nothing against the JC PeeWee team coach (whoever that may be), but if the position is open, I hope Lowe and Carpenter end up with at least one more resume to choose from.  Just sayin'  :) 

WHITEchicken

I hear there are good coaches from Texas.

gatecrasher

Scuttlebutt is Smith gets promoted.

That's NOT confirmed.

WHITEchicken

I would figure that would be the case.

Astate37

Never going to fault a young man for pursuing his dream and career to the best of his ability. That's a huge opportunity for Coach Jones and I wish him nothing but the best!

boogercat

How come nothing has been mention from either school yet?

dragondad

Quote from: boogercat on January 29, 2019, 04:25:37 pm

Apparently ElDo will officially announce at a special board meeting tonight.

Congrats to Coach Jones, and to ElDo.  El Dorado is getting much more than just a great coach.

bleudog

Quote from: boogercat on January 29, 2019, 04:25:37 pm

Could have something to do with El Dorado's special board meeting hasn't actually taken place yet.

thabeast428

They just did so yea it's official

gatecrasher

boogercat

bleudog

February 03, 2019, 11:03:16 pm #428 Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:58:08 pm by bleudog
Hey Mr. Kraft, six championships in nineteen years is nice but, Junction City has seven championships in sixteen years. Just sayin'.

bleudog

bleudog

February 10, 2019, 07:46:52 am #430 Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:49:45 pm by bleudog
Nothing really to add, just saw this on Facebook and thought I'd save it to FF for the next time someone asks.   ::)

The JC campus is at the bottom of the map about where the Zones 1-3-4 merge.

i40traveler

More importantly, who is the next head dragon?

bleudog

Quote from: i40traveler on February 10, 2019, 07:09:29 pm
More importantly, who is the next head dragon?

The regular monthly school board meeting is Tuesday night.  I understand the agenda will include an item with the administration's recommendation for a contract approval.

boogercat

Dragon I

February 11, 2019, 04:37:23 pm #434 Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:16:43 pm by Dragon I
Pitch forks, torches, couches burning...........it would get ugly.

Wilson

I don't see Master Bates getting the job. . . .and before anyone gets their underwear in a twist we played on the same league softball team and that was our nickname for him. . .I wont say what his nickname was for me cause it isn't nearly as "PG" as his was :)

WHITEchicken

I hear Smith s getting it but no confirmation.

Rida4Life

I looked on the AAA site and didn't even see this job posted.... so given that, I think we can all deduct that Coach Smith is getting the promotion.
Doubt Bates applied for a job that wasn't advertised.

eldofan

Just saw Coach Smith was promoted to Head Coach a few mins ago

bleudog

Astate37

Has it been announced which coaches will follow Coach Jones to El Do and who will be staying at JC with Coach Smith?

bleudog

February 15, 2019, 03:57:28 pm #441 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:22:02 am by bleudog
Quote from: Astate37 on February 15, 2019, 02:45:52 pm
Has it been announced which coaches will follow Coach Jones to El Do and who will be staying at JC with Coach Smith?

No other JC coaches are expected to follow Jones. 

Thompson will assume OC spot.  CLICK HERE

I understand all coaching assignments will be allocated among the remaining staff.

boogercat

Nobody at JC impresses me much with that coaching staff. The used car salesman's can coach that program and win a state championship

Dragon I

Your hook is too shiny!

dragondad

old.dole

Not even a string tied to a stick with that hook

WHITEchicken

I bet if Vaughn went and took over jc they wouldn't win a championship. Haha

boogercat

Quote from: WHITEchicken on February 21, 2019, 07:54:37 am

He came from the college level. Don't be stupid, Vaughn got screwed out of the job and people know it. He would had been a better fit than joke Jones. Jones is too wet behind the ears to manage a program like El Dorado. Yall will see this eventually.

i40traveler

Quote from: boogercat on February 21, 2019, 08:47:59 am

He came from the college
level. Don't be stupid, Vaughn got screwed out of the job and people know it. He would had been a better fit than joke Jones. Jones is too wet behind the ears to manage a program like El Dorado. Yall will see this eventually.

2A football is more like 6A football than college  football is.

bleudog

Quote from: WHITEchicken on February 21, 2019, 07:54:37 am

Quote from: boogercat on February 21, 2019, 08:47:59 am
He came from the college level. Don't be stupid, Vaughn got screwed out of the job and people know it. He would had been a better fit than joke Jones. Jones is too wet behind the ears to manage a program like El Dorado. Yall will see this eventually.

Well WC, that didn't take long.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas