• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations...

Started by Proud Buckaroo, March 05, 2016, 09:23:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

To cedar ridge! And to Centerpoint for a great season.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Centerpoint does have a great group of boys. Their football team won their first ever playoff game and broke the record for season victories (8)
This year's basketball team won conference with a 10-0 record. (I'm not sure if they have won conference before) Their previous best regional tournament showing was one win (Champions this year) and they had never won a state tournament game (won two this year and made it to the Final Four)

KnightNation has plenty to be proud of....they may have lost to the State Champions. Definitely the best 3A ball player in Reaves.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 07, 2016, 02:11:03 pm
Centerpoint does have a great group of boys. Their football team won their first ever playoff game and broke the record for season victories (8)
This year's basketball team won conference with a 10-0 record. (I'm not sure if they have won conference before) Their previous best regional tournament showing was one win (Champions this year) and they had never won a state tournament game (won two this year and made it to the Final Four)

KnightNation has plenty to be proud of....they may have lost to the State Champions. Definitely the best 3A ball player in Reaves.

How long has centerpoint been around?

ReddieKnightTrojan

The basketball team is losing a lot from this year's team, but most of the football team will be returning. 6 seniors this year and only 2 were offensive starters. Skill positions return in a major way and a 6'6" TE is moving up from Jr. High. I like our chances of maybe meeting Smackover on the gridiron this year... ;D

ReddieKnightTrojan

The school consolidated in 1997, but didn't start combining athletes until 1999-2000.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 07, 2016, 02:14:47 pm
The basketball team is losing a lot from this year's team, but most of the football team will be returning. 6 seniors this year and only 2 were offensive starters. Skill positions return in a major way and a 6'6" TE is moving up from Jr. High. I like our chances of maybe meeting Smackover on the gridiron this year... ;D

Football is a contact sport. Smackover won't get called for being physical in football.

ReddieKnightTrojan

How long has centerpoint been around?

I was looking at their MaxPreps information and using my prior knowledge to determine that this year was Centerpoint's 3rd winning season in school history. The last one was 6-4 in 2013 and before that, you have to go back to 2002 when I was volunteering while I was in college. Coach Curry led them to a 7-3 finish, but all three losses were against conference foes and they didn't make state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas