• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Jumpy

Started by ballinfanatic, December 01, 2011, 10:14:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinfanatic

Cant wait until this upcoming baseball season gets here. I would love to see some improvement from last years struggling teams. Does anyone know of any improvements or down grades from teams this year???

freshtheprince

Quote from: ballinfanatic on December 01, 2011, 10:14:36 am
Cant wait until this upcoming baseball season gets here. I would love to see some improvement from last years struggling teams. Does anyone know of any improvements or down grades from teams this year???

Well I dont know what class or conference you are speaking of, but I will say that Greenwood should seem to be down from last year. But you never know, they have one of the better coaches in the state.

BronxBomber

Greenwood may be a little down, but they will be solid.  Playing together as most of the kids did during the summer can do nothing but help. 

freshtheprince

Quote from: BronxBomber on December 01, 2011, 10:01:48 pm
Greenwood may be a little down, but they will be solid.  Playing together as most of the kids did during the summer can do nothing but help.

It really does. I played at Greenwood and can tell you that having a summer program is the best thing for a hs coach to do. The chemistry built is a huge advantage and you get to develop players the way the head coach wants to.

slurve

Quote from: freshtheprince on December 05, 2011, 01:25:04 am
Quote from: BronxBomber on December 01, 2011, 10:01:48 pm

It really does. I played at Greenwood and can tell you that having a summer program is the best thing for a hs coach to do. The chemistry built is a huge advantage and you get to develop players the way the head coach wants to.

That's not always a good thing.  In Greenwood's case it probably is.

pab

Yep now that the HS football season is over I am ready for some baseball too.  I would imagine that Greenwood would be one of the top teams in 5A this year.  What it really boils down to come tournament time is who has the deepest pitching.

BronxBomber

Talent wise, it should come down to the 4 teams in the SW, but talent alone doesn't often win it.  Throw injuries and coaching in there, and we have a wide open race. 

PAPACUB

[/quote]

[/quote]
Slurve sounds like you're speaking from experience. Look at Bryant they stay together with a different coach and do great.

slurve

Quote from: PAPACUB on December 05, 2011, 04:22:47 pm

[/quote]
Slurve sounds like you're speaking from experience. Look at Bryant they stay together with a different coach and do great.
[/quote]

Bryant is another one that is blessed. I would be willing to bet that Bryant keeps all but one or two of their players together for Legion ball... if that's what you're referring to. That's hard to do these days.

ricepig

Jonesboro has had an extended high school season for the last two summers and it has helped get kids ready to play their positions for the next spring. I think in 2 years, they've only had 2 kids play Legion or travel. It also has helped with the scheduling of 7 on 7, since the football coach knew where and when his kids would be available.

I'm interested in seeing how the Jr high program will work. The in town schools started a league, actually USSSA teams, of 7th and 8th graders last spring and played a round robin. I think some of the better players stayed on their original USSSA teams, but it gave the other kids an avenue to play competitive ball.

freshtheprince

Quote from: BronxBomber on December 05, 2011, 02:00:09 pm
Talent wise, it should come down to the 4 teams in the SW, but talent alone doesn't often win it.  Throw injuries and coaching in there, and we have a wide open race.

Your insane. Im sure they are good teams, but if you think all 4 will be better than anyone else your crazy. Greenwood, Vilonia and possibly Greenbrier will compete.

BronxBomber

I'm saying talent wise, there are 4 teams in SW that are all better than Vilonia, Greenwood, and Greenbrier.  I would also say that Beebe is as good as the 3 you named, talent wise.  I am not saying that the final 4 will be those teams, but I'm saying all things being equal it would most certainly be.  Since far more than talent alone is to be factored in, there is a great chance that none of the 4 make it.  Talent alone won't do it.

astroturf

no way 4 teams in the sw have more talent than greenwood. maybe 1 or 2.

BronxBomber

Opinions are what they are, but check out what is returning and you will find CAC, LRCA, Lakeside and Arkadelphia are loaded with kids who will play at the next level.  Again, not saying they will be the better teams, but they will have the individual talent advantage.

BACK2BACKCHAMPS

Quote from: freshtheprince on December 01, 2011, 10:24:15 am
Quote from: ballinfanatic on December 01, 2011, 10:14:36 am

Well I dont know what class or conference you are speaking of, but I will say that Greenwood should seem to be down from last year. But you never know, they have one of the better coaches in the state.

greenwood be down next year?? they still have Austin Suter (an amazing outfielder and pitcher) Hayden Smith ( really really fast and can track down a ball like crazy) Justin Sundae ( verbally committed to crowder and is solid on the bases) Hayden Harvey( Flash leather at short and can hit really good) Bryce Bass one of the best catchers that I have seen since Ethan Adams a couple of years ago) but they are really solid and dont forget about Chris Hunt, Aaron Harrison, Justin Sundae, Austin Suter, Zach Thornton, Mason Copeland are really solid.

BACK2BACKCHAMPS

greenwood be down next year?? they still have Austin Suter (an amazing outfielder and pitcher) Hayden Smith ( really really fast and can track down a ball like crazy) Justin Sundae ( verbally committed to crowder and is solid on the bases) Hayden Harvey( Flash leather at short and can hit really good) Bryce Bass one of the best catchers that I have seen since Ethan Adams a couple of years ago) but they are really solid and dont forget about Chris Hunt, Aaron Harrison, Justin Sundae, Austin Suter, Zach Thornton, Mason Copeland are really solid at pitching. they have THE best coach that I have witnessed. I have stopped by and watched one of their practices and the way the run practice is really really solid.

BronxBomber

All that you said is true.  I agree 100%, and my statements earlier are now no less true than they were then.

freshtheprince

Quote from: BronxBomber on December 06, 2011, 05:54:33 pm
I'm saying talent wise, there are 4 teams in SW that are all better than Vilonia, Greenwood, and Greenbrier.  I would also say that Beebe is as good as the 3 you named, talent wise.  I am not saying that the final 4 will be those teams, but I'm saying all things being equal it would most certainly be.  Since far more than talent alone is to be factored in, there is a great chance that none of the 4 make it.  Talent alone won't do it.

Talent wise they are better you say? How about you name for me Greenwood's starting lineup for the 2012 season.... How about you tell me who they will have pitching wise..... Im not saying Greenwood is gonna be awesome, Im saying you have no idea about them.

When you can tell me who has been practicing at what positions for the teams your listing, we can talk.

BACK2BACKCHAMPS

Quote from: BronxBomber on December 06, 2011, 05:54:33 pm
Thats probably the biggest lie I've ever read, bebe? They and everybody else knows they couldnt hang with Greenwood, name me some players and then I will name some players. You will not win this game, Greenwood will be the team that everybody wants to be at the end of the season.

BronxBomber

You GW boys sure are tender.  I didn't say that GW wouldn't win, I didn't say they didn't have a better coach, I said they didn't have as much talent as some of the teams in the SW.  GW may very well have the best team, and I saw them play as a team throughout the summer season.  They are a good team made up of a bunch of really good players, my point is that there are some great players on the teams down south that will be playing D1 or D2 ball somewhere while the kids from GW are not.

Sunde and Sutter are good, I've seen them play for years.  There is no disrespect meant for the GW program and they very may well win the whole thing this year.  You've all heard that hard work beats talent when talent works hard.  Another that is true is that hard work beats talent when talent is being led by a coach who doesn't know or even care to know the game he coaches.  That is the situation in many schools around the state.  Consider yourselves blessed to have a coach who wants to coach baseball and spends time getting his team ready for the year.

BACK2BACKCHAMPS

Quote from: BronxBomber on December 09, 2011, 09:23:52 am
You GW boys sure are tender.  I didn't say that GW wouldn't win, I didn't say they didn't have a better coach, I said they didn't have as much talent as some of the teams in the SW.  GW may very well have the best team, and I saw them play as a team throughout the summer season.  They are a good team made up of a bunch of really good players, my point is that there are some great players on the teams down south that will be playing D1 or D2 ball somewhere while the kids from GW are not.

Sunde and Sutter are good, I've seen them play for years.  There is no disrespect meant for the GW program and they very may well win the whole thing this year.  You've all heard that hard work beats talent when talent works hard.  Another that is true is that hard work beats talent when talent is being led by a coach who doesn't know or even care to know the game he coaches.  That is the situation in many schools around the state.  Consider yourselves blessed to have a coach who wants to coach baseball and spends time getting his team ready for the year.
well greenwood has amazing talent, could hang with anybody in the state easily. plus they work hard, they wear the G and they know how to represent it, they wil not get over confident like the past 2 years when they should have won it with their eyes closed.

freshtheprince

Quote from: BACK2BACKCHAMPS on December 09, 2011, 12:07:51 pm

well greenwood has amazing talent, could hang with anybody in the state easily. plus they work hard, they wear the G and they know how to represent it, they wil not get over confident like the past 2 years when they should have won it with their eyes closed.

First off B2B is just a blind Greenwood fan that will talk crap for every sport...

Second, Bronx Im still waiting for you to tell me about some of Greenwood players, the ones that you said are inferior to at least 4 teams from the southwest. Greenwood will be down this year, but only compared to what they have been the past 4 years, which is very good.

BACK2BACKCHAMPS

Quote from: freshtheprince on December 09, 2011, 03:53:14 pm

First off B2B is just a blind Greenwood fan that will talk crap for every sport...

Second, Bronx Im still waiting for you to tell me about some of Greenwood players, the ones that you said are inferior to at least 4 teams from the southwest. Greenwood will be down this year, but only compared to what they have been the past 4 years, which is very good.
The only reason i talk crap on here is because I know that me and the rest of the team will work hard and get the job done, quit trying to talk crap and bring us down, we dont care, we know were the best cause we work hard at it, were going to be as good if not better then last year, were a close team and nobody is selfish! Think before you speak, and nobody needs to say anybodies name because were all good, nobody sticks out, its not just sunde and suter and smith that gets the job done, it takes everybody, were all good, sure our second basemen isnt as good as last year, but our 1st basemen is 3 times as good as last year, trust me

BronxBomber

I'm not on here to bash any players, or make statements about how one particular kid is better than another particular kid.  I have no problem giving you a list of the top players around 5A as far as individual abilities, if you want to read it.  I'm sure you have your opinions, but unless you know the young men and their talents, it would be hard for you to  honestly rate how you saw everyone stacking up.

Don't make me out to be a GW basher, I am not.  I think very highly of the team in general.  It is a clear example of the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.

freshtheprince

Quote from: BACK2BACKCHAMPS on December 09, 2011, 05:38:47 pm

The only reason i talk crap on here is because I know that me and the rest of the team will work hard and get the job done, quit trying to talk crap and bring us down, we dont care, we know were the best cause we work hard at it, were going to be as good if not better then last year, were a close team and nobody is selfish! Think before you speak, and nobody needs to say anybodies name because were all good, nobody sticks out, its not just sunde and suter and smith that gets the job done, it takes everybody, were all good, sure our second basemen isnt as good as last year, but our 1st basemen is 3 times as good as last year, trust me

Who's trying to bring you down?

ballinfanatic

What about Magnolia...They won it all last year..are they down because i know a bunch of talent comes through there.

BronxBomber

Magnolia has a good group of juniors, but they lost 6 seniors who were the heart of that state championship team last year.  I believe 4 of the 6 continued their playing careers at the next level.  The program will still be competitive, but talent wise they are going to be fighting Camden for the 5th spot, not saying that neither will advance out of the conference, but talent wise they aren't at the top anymore

ballinfanatic

Quote from: BronxBomber on January 03, 2012, 07:29:47 pm
Magnolia has a good group of juniors, but they lost 6 seniors who were the heart of that state championship team last year.  I believe 4 of the 6 continued their playing careers at the next level.  The program will still be competitive, but talent wise they are going to be fighting Camden for the 5th spot, not saying that neither will advance out of the conference, but talent wise they aren't at the top anymore
What about that Simpson kid...was he a senior because he is next level talent

gametime

January 04, 2012, 11:44:40 am #28 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:54:07 am by gametime
Quote from: BACK2BACKCHAMPS on December 09, 2011, 05:38:47 pm

The only reason i talk crap on here is because I know that me and the rest of the team will work hard and get the job done, quit trying to talk crap and bring us down, we dont care, we know were the best cause we work hard at it, were going to be as good if not better then last year, were a close team and nobody is selfish! Think
before you speak, and nobody needs to say anybodies name because were all good, nobody sticks out, its not just sunde and suter and smith that gets the job done, it takes everybody, were all good, sure our second basemen isnt as good as last year, but our 1st basemen is 3 times as good as last year, trust me

Stop crying and feeling sorry for yourself just because someone says something to you that's not all positive. 

BronxBomber

Quote from: ballinfanatic on January 04, 2012, 09:57:42 am
Yes he was.  Simpson committed with the Hogs early, prior to his Senior season.

slurve

Quote from: ballinfanatic on January 04, 2012, 09:57:42 am

He is next-level because he can throw a little white ball 90+.

vapor trail

Saw Simpson pitch in the title game last year.  He had very good velocity and showed a lot of grit during that game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas