• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issac Mcbride Arkansas Gatorade Player of the Year

Started by Bbal789, March 15, 2019, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

Issac Mcbride is named the Arkansas Gatorade Player of the Year for 2018-2019. This honor is well deserved and well earned. I still believe that he is one of the most underrated players in the country. Not many people can shoot off the dribble like he can but the awesome part of his game are his intangibles- he is extremely confident, extremely humble, loyal to his school (been at Baptist since kindergarten), can take over a game whenver he wants to, a true leader by example, always shows good sportsmanship to the other teams, everyone seems to love him, and always gives credit to God, his family, coaches, teammates, and trainers. Issac has had an amazing and memorable high school career and it will be fun watching him play at the next level for Kansas.

HawgDaddy

It was announced yesterday that Kansas is under NCAA investigation.  He might be better off going elsewhere.

Bbal789

Quote from: HawgDaddy on March 15, 2019, 01:11:10 pm
It was announced yesterday that Kansas is under NCAA investigation.  He might be better off going elsewhere.

Yea that is unfortunate but not under his control. He made the right decision to go away from Mike Anderson though. Its hard not to blame these good players from our state from leaving the state to go play basketball when you have a team as poor coached as Arkansas does. We have talent just no discipline and coaching. Anderson also showed zero interest in Mcbride until all the other programs like Kansas, Tennessee, Virginia, and Auburn started recruiting him. Anderson just favored Justice Hill so much that he was not interested in any other poing guards.

beach bum

March 15, 2019, 02:04:20 pm #3 Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:07:47 pm by beach bum
Quote from: HawgDaddy on March 15, 2019, 01:11:10 pm

Is his commit verbal or already signed? Cause yes I'd go to Tennessee or Virginia before Kansas or Auburn who on the list of schools about to get the chop. I'd hate to see a kid as good as him go to Kansas then be banned from postseason for 2 years. Not saying that will happen as a punishment for KU. Just an example scenario. I'd hate to see him get a punishment for the wrongdoing of KU/Adidas. Never liked how when schools do something wrong the punishment falls back on the kids who did not even do anything. I am sure if their release this offseason of the investigation is bad enough they'll let kids out of signed commits. I hope the NCAA will at least.

beach bum

March 15, 2019, 02:12:24 pm #4 Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:19:27 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Bbal789 on March 15, 2019, 01:18:53 pm
Yea that is unfortunate but not under his control. He made the right decision to go away from Mike Anderson though. Its hard not to blame these good players from our state from leaving the state to go play basketball when you have a team as poor coached as Arkansas does. We have talent just no discipline and coaching. Anderson also showed zero interest in Mcbride until all the other programs like Kansas, Tennessee, Virginia, and Auburn started recruiting him. Anderson just favored Justice Hill so much that he was not interested in any other poing guards.

Huh? We made the NCAA tourney 3 of the 4 previous seasons including 27 and 26 wins in 2 of them until this year where 2/3 of the roster are new players.... Obviously, he has done something right in his career to never have a losing record. I am not saying he is a great coach, but just cause you personally don't like that he did not recruit McBride for some reason does not mean he is a bad coach. Just sounds like you have a personal axe to grind and are one of those people living in fantasy land thinking we will ever be the 90's teams again. Sorry, with the blue blood programs in college basketball the way it is now, but that 90's dream land ain't happening again.

Second, I have never understood in basketball why people freak out about kids "going out of state".... Basketball is not football. Sometimes a football roster at some schools might be 50% in state. I sometimes see basketball schools on the other hand  have as little as 1 guy in state. The nature of basketball has always been different. Kids go out of state routinely.

No one brought up Mike Anderson and you just did out of nowhere on a thread supposed to be congratulatory about Isaac McBride and you turned it into a MA bash fest. Why not just wish the young man success wherever he goes? I just hope he does not go to KU and be punished for someone else's bonehead decisions. He is too good for that to deal with that. There are about 5 to a dozen schools about the get the chop and the players who did no wrong will sadly be the ones that suffer the most.

LRRandy

Congratulations to Isaac. Definately the best player in the state. Will miss watching him play and am planning a trip to watch him @ KU.

Leo Marvin

I really wish Arkansas would have made better efforts to land Mr Mcbride.

bobcats

Quote from: LRRandy on March 15, 2019, 09:40:02 pm
Congratulations to Isaac. Definately the best player in the state. Will miss watching him play and am planning a trip to watch him @ KU.

Make plans to go when they play Oklahoma and you can watch McBride and Reeves go at it.  Two of the best from Arkansas in recent years and both 3A players.

501Arkansas

Quote from: bobcats on March 16, 2019, 11:30:04 pm
Make plans to go when they play Oklahoma and you can watch McBride and Reeves go at it.  Two of the best from Arkansas in recent years and both 3A players.
I forgot about Reeves, he had to sit out this season?

ISU7

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 15, 2019, 01:18:53 pm
How good of coach are you????? ;D ;D ;D ;D

LeftyWorld

McBride has left Kansas ??? ??? Guesses on where he goes from here? Wondering if he isn't home sick for the natural state and our new coach

hsindian

Part of it may be the level one violations that are scout to fall on KU.

beach bum

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 21, 2019, 11:03:59 pm
McBride has left Kansas ??? ??? Guesses on where he goes from here? Wondering if he isn't home sick for the natural state and our new coach

That is the rumor I am hearing is he was extremely home sick... Odds are he ends up in Fayetteville or Memphis. Both would be good spots I could see him doing well. Best of luck to him. The couple times I saw him play he plays with heart and a motor.

smallybells

With Kansas getting hit with 3 Level 1 violations and a lack of institutional control, he may very well be able to get a waiver and be on a roster by semester wherever he lands.

OB11

Quote from: smallybells on September 24, 2019, 10:45:53 am
With Kansas getting hit with 3 Level 1 violations and a lack of institutional control, he may very well be able to get a waiver and be on a roster by semester wherever he lands.

Even if he decided to transfer before the sanctions came down? I would hope he can play as soon as possible.

smallybells

Quote from: OB11 on September 24, 2019, 10:50:26 am
Even if he decided to transfer before the sanctions came down? I would hope he can play as soon as possible.

I'm thinking a route like, "They told me these things were unfounded and I had nothing to worry about when I was being recruited." Not to mention heads will start to roll, Jeff Long is fixing to have a full plate of things to deal with.

RTF

501Arkansas

Bbal789

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 05, 2019, 07:22:11 pm
Where is he now?

He reopened his recruitment I believe but I havent heard anything other than that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas