• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So who are the teams to watch?

Started by RamblinRazorWreck, October 25, 2018, 01:43:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RamblinRazorWreck

I am sort of guessing, but I think some of the top teams are:

Ashdown
Baptist
Booneville
Central (Helena)
Charleston
Drew Central
Dumas
Episcopal
Harding Academy
Manila
Osceola
Prescott
Riverview
Trumann
Tuckerman
Valley Springs

Who else needs to be included? 
Any I have listed that might be down this year?

LeftyWorld

Lighthouse has a few studs I've heard. Haven't seen them play yet though.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LeftyWorld on October 25, 2018, 09:29:10 pm
Lighthouse has a few studs I've heard. Haven't seen them play yet though.

They have a brand new gym too (on campus).  I expect them to be very tough, especially at home.  I know they had some really good players leave, so I was not sure if they were able to keep enough skilled guys together to be a serious threat.

RamblinRazorWreck

How does McGehee look this year?  I know they lost several very good seniors.

teachers pet

Don't overlook Jessieville, lost Burleson but have a couple returning starters and a jr.high conference championship team moving up.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: teachers pet on October 26, 2018, 09:29:45 am
Don't overlook Jessieville, lost Burleson but have a couple returning starters and a jr.high conference championship team moving up.

Yup, always tough... always.

elvis26

;D the trumann wildcats!!!! billy phelan is starting his first season at trumann, go wildcats!!!!!!!!!

Jamesburden90

I got Baptist vs Ashdown in the State Finals. You heard it now.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Jamesburden90 on October 26, 2018, 06:25:59 pm

I don't see Ashdown even making it to the semis. Talent is their for sure but I think mentally they'll crack under pressure.

baller334

Quote from: elvis26 on October 26, 2018, 06:11:49 pm
;D the trumann wildcats!!!! billy phelan is starting his first season at trumann, go wildcats!!!!!!!!!

😂😂😂😂

bball14

Hitman Warrior23

Lamar is young but if they play like they Can they should be pretty good, got 10 solid players.

lostintheweeds

I heard a lot of smack on here last season about how good so-and-so was, and it didn't turn out that way under the spotlight.
New year, new favorites... but.

bball14

Quote from: lostintheweeds on October 31, 2018, 09:31:27 pm
I heard a lot of smack on here last season about how good so-and-so was, and it didn't turn out that way under the spotlight.
New year, new favorites... but.

@ Osceola?

Informant

Baptist Prep should be the overwhelming favorite for 3A.  Three in row in 4A and they still have arguably the best player in all of Arkansas.  He's for sure at the top of the list.  Oscelola will have a good team but will be outcoached most of the time.  Not sure what McGhee has coming back.  Tuckerman will be hard to beat also.  Should be a fun year!! 

501Arkansas

Quote from: Informant on November 02, 2018, 10:22:44 am
Baptist Prep should be the overwhelming favorite for 3A.  Three in row in 4A and they still have arguably the best player in all of Arkansas.  He's for sure at the top of the list.  Oscelola will have a good team but will be outcoached most of the time.  Not sure what McGhee has coming back.  Tuckerman will be hard to beat also.  Should be a fun year!!
lol

scrapdig

November 05, 2018, 10:13:10 am #16 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:15:37 am by scrapdig
Quote from: Jamesburden90 on October 26, 2018, 06:25:59 pm
Ashdown LOL.  First off you have no clue what sides of the bracket they will be on...Might could have won it last year if Hill would have played.

RamblinRazorWreck

Just perused the Roster on MaxPreps for Episcopal, and it appears that now that Coach Marsh is back, they got back all of their previous players that had transferred out.  If this is correct, they are the team to beat... as long as all of these re-transfers are eligible (legal)!  But, I am thinking some of this is possible errors on MaxPreps.  At least one of those guys is still listed on his last school's Roster also! 

Informant

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on November 06, 2018, 08:56:14 am
Just perused the Roster on MaxPreps for Episcopal, and it appears that now that Coach Marsh is back, they got back all of their previous players that had transferred out.  If this is correct, they are the team to beat... as long as all of these re-transfers are eligible (legal)!  But, I am thinking some of this is possible errors on MaxPreps.  At least one of those guys is still listed on his last school's Roster also!

Marsh is the Girls Head Coach

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Informant on November 07, 2018, 10:49:56 am

Marsh is the Girls Head Coach

Hmmm.  Thanks, did not know that.  From the looks of it, I am thinking their MaxPreps page got messed up.   

Bergman1820

Sport Master

Who are some of the players these teams have?

501Arkansas

Osceola lady noles beat Armorel 62-36. Lady noles are now 2-0. Good game ladies

501Arkansas

Quote from: Sport Master on November 08, 2018, 01:14:15 pm
Who are some of the players these teams have?
Osceola has Sr. guard Makai Caruthers, guard Dan Newson Jr, Sr. Guard Zion Spears, Deathony Poole who can flat out jump out gym. He is coming off a ton ACL. This just to name a few. Noles are loaded

87DAWG

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 09, 2018, 12:28:40 am
Osceola has Sr. guard Makai Caruthers, guard Dan Newson Jr, Sr. Guard Zion Spears, Deathony Poole who can flat out jump out gym. He is coming off a ton ACL. This just to name a few. Noles are loaded
They are always loaded! Time for the to get over the hump!

RamblinRazorWreck

November 09, 2018, 12:35:14 pm #25 Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:46:32 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on November 06, 2018, 08:56:14 am

Looks like they have it cleaned up now.  And it appears Treyon Payne is no longer there.  He is another excellent player that has left ECS.

BigFoot

Fouke on both the girls and boys side will be worth watching with Mo Williams as the coach of both! Girls just beat LC 94-26!

YSpanther

Quote from: Bergman1820 on November 08, 2018, 12:40:07 am
Bergman Panthers
So far they are looking a lot better this year. They are probably as good as anyone in their conference this year, besides Valley Springs and maybe Clinton.

501Arkansas

biglion1985

Manila beats Monticello in the Brookland tournament 58-51

Head Lion

Brock Birmingham player of the game with 28 pts, 11 rebounds & 4 assist

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas