• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 - 3A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 21, 2017, 06:47:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

softballdad#26

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 10, 2017, 11:54:23 am
Hey Albino Yard Bird!

Let me know what you think about the umpires in North Arkansas!

Your honest opinion that is!!!

In Northwest Arkansas the nicest way to put it is VERY inconsistent

WHITEchicken

Will do. It has been my experience over the years that north Arkansas has better officials in almost all sports. There are a few down south that are good but for the most part the northern win out.

BIG_K

;D ;D Hey White Chicken  ;D ;D This is a laugh at alot of the parent on here who take the Arkansas High School softball so serious. Chill out, enjoy the game and don't be so critical about these kids and their Football/Softball coaches. Leave the analyzing to the experts(or self proclaimed experts) and celebrate the girls accomplishments. Just  ;D ;D ;D a little every once in a while.

gamechanger11

Umpires down south are not good. There are some that are poor up north but almost all down south are just bad.

WHITEchicken

There goes big K with the smileys again...haha.

FNLsupporter

Safe to say, ordering the rings for Bald Knob this year would have saved a lot of time and money.  Rose Bud or Harmony Grove might have had a say in it, but rest assured, never was Smackover a serious threat! By the way, it's still not too late to go ahead and crown BK! You would think 4 in a row would get old, but it doesn't!

Horse Shoe

Quote from: FNLsupporter on May 15, 2017, 12:56:55 am
Safe to say, ordering the rings for Bald Knob this year would have saved a lot of time and money.  Rose Bud or Harmony Grove might have had a say in it, but rest assured, never was Smackover a serious threat! By the way, it's still not too late to go ahead and crown BK! You would think 4 in a row would get old, but it doesn't!
Smackover has the talent to be a threat.  I know this is coming from a homer.  I think the stage was too big for us, having not gotten past the first round in the last few trips to state, and then running into a Rose Bud team that had been there, done that, bought the t-shirt etc.  A lot of the parents, who are around the summer travel ball circuit, knew that the lack of competition during the regular season would likely bite us in the end.  We just don't have the girls, in this part of the state, that are Open/A-Class tournament team players.  They have the capability, but when you are not used to seeing it, it is a level of competition that cannot be duplicated when you don't face it until you get to state.  Until we can start facing some tougher opponents towards the end of our regular season, we are going to continue to play down to the level of our competition.  And then when we get to state, it will be the same old song, we'll only be able to say that we were just glad to be here. 

Good Luck to both Bald Knob and Rose Bud for a well deserved re-match.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Horse Shoe on May 15, 2017, 07:08:45 am
Smackover has the talent to be a threat.  I know this is coming from a homer.  I think the stage was too big for us, having not gotten past the first round in the last few trips to state, and then running into a Rose Bud team that had been there, done that, bought the t-shirt etc.  A lot of the parents, who are around the summer travel ball circuit, knew that the lack of competition during the regular season would likely bite us in the end.  We just don't have the girls, in this part of the state, that are Open/A-Class tournament team players.  They have the capability, but when you are not used to seeing it, it is a level of competition that cannot be duplicated when you don't face it until you get to state.  Until we can start facing some tougher opponents towards the end of our regular season, we are going to continue to play down to the level of our competition.  And then when we get to state, it will be the same old song, we'll only be able to say that we were just glad to be here. 

You are spot on. BK faces the same scenario in football it seems. We are a strong 2 seed in the state playoffs usually, but because of the strength of other divisions in 3A, it shows in the playoffs.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on May 15, 2017, 07:08:45 am

I would like to see us travel out of the state to play some closer teams that are pretty good. I know it's hard to do sometimes and it's definitely costly.. But that would definitely help out.

WHITEchicken

Going to LA would be great but they won't play because of the point system they have. All the other states would be way to far. Unless it was a tournament close to texarkana. With everyone only having to play the 4a schools once next year that will give us 4 more games to try and find some more competition.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 15, 2017, 10:51:48 pm
Going to LA would be great but they won't play because of the point system they have. All the other states would be way to far. Unless it was a tournament close to texarkana. With everyone only having to play the 4a schools once next year that will give us 4 more games to try and find some more competition.

The girls went to Florida with the boys... What teams did they play up there?

littlec2964

The blended conferences have really messed things up. Normally Taylor and Smackover play each other home and home but this year they didn't. This would be a great late season match-up for both teams every year to help prepare them for the state tournament. Also, having conference teams forfeit both games cost you a chance to schedule stronger teams. Those forfeit games count on your total for the year.

WHITEchicken

PB they played some team from Texas twice. From what I heard they weren't very good.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: littlec2964 on May 16, 2017, 05:02:42 am
The blended conferences have really messed things up. Normally Taylor and Smackover play each other home and home but this year they didn't. This would be a great late season match-up for both teams every year to help prepare them for the state tournament. Also, having conference teams forfeit both games cost you a chance to schedule stronger teams. Those forfeit games count on your total for the year.

Dierks was the team to forfeit?

littlec2964

Not in our conference. Nevada twice and I think Lafayette County one time.

vtown1

Quote from: FNLsupporter on May 15, 2017, 12:56:55 am

How'd that work out for you?

WHITEchicken

I'm sure Rose Bud would take them off his hands for a huge discount

FNLsupporter

Quote from: vtown1 on May 19, 2017, 02:41:29 pm
How'd that work out for you?
Not very well for the BK girls, that's for sure. They weren't the best team when they had to be, RB was definitely the better team when it counted the most. BK will have to wait til next year to try to win #4.  They already got their rooms reserved at Fayetteville for next year, so that's a plus...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas