• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA v PA (part 2)

Started by WarriorPride08, February 03, 2006, 10:57:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WarriorPride08

WOW! These games never let me down.  It is amazing to see these 2 teams fight it out every last second of the ball game.  Great game by 2 of the best teams in the state. What was everyones thoughts on this classic?

warrior57

HOLY CRAP!!!  What an awesome game. it was the same situation as the State Championship game.  I couldn't of imagined a better game.

WarriorPride08

I agree, the game was low scoring just as it was in state.  Rony didn't dominate but made the big shot when it counted most.  I also would like to say I am very impressed with Anson Bartlet (Spelling?) He played alot in that game and did a great job holding on to the ball, I cannot remember 1 turnover that he commited. 

Mark Few's pupil

WarriorPride08

LRC won by 2 points with a Rony Tchatchou fade away to win the game. Very close game throughout, biggest lead was probably PA by 4 in 3rd quarter.  Great game by both teams. Score was 29-27 I think.

dogpile10

I stood in line for an hour to watch a game where the winning team couldn't get 30! I'm glad PA came out n played with the Warriors....o wait, i guess they know they cant run with the warriors.  I thought both played well on D..but i guess its easy when one team just holds the ball.  PA has tried to run and stall and are 0-2.  Guess Cruz isn't ready for the big time, both of those free throws were no where near.  And what can you say about ROny, those are the shots you dream about.  I thought the most action of the game was the cheerleader battle, talk about hating eachother lol.  I still don't see how PA doesn't think LRC is their rival, not that anyone @ LRC cares.  LRC keeps winning the close ones. Will this trend keep going in March when it counts?..Congrats to both teams on a boring, but good game. I can't wait till they play again.

War Eagle

Great game!!!!  the second that last shot went in everyone from the LRCA stands were on the court. There was no keeping us off.  The thing that bugs me the most about those games are PA's cheerleaders.  It seems like every single game they come up with some new way to try and put us down and then we win.  And so what do they do at the next game?  Do it again even though they're not beating us!!!  (which I know PA has/can beat LRCA but why keep talking trash if you're not winning?)

EXTREEMPAHATER

February 04, 2006, 03:54:51 pm #7 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 02:37:58 pm by Coach DePriest, PA
OK, Here is the difference between the CAC-PA rivalry(which is one of the best)and the Walnut Valley Squirrels - Pa rivalry

1. CAC and Pa have a good game in football. These only come once a year. I do realize that CAC has been beaten by PA in football all the time in the early and mid 90's. (Mainly before coach PERRY)
2. Its just really hard to say you have a Rivalry when PA hangs up at least 50 on y'all every year, CAC as well, granted this years game was a little bit closer.
3. Basically football is the sport that determines if you have a rivalry because a lot of the basketball games is just the football players shouting at each other about the game between their schools.

So, until you little walnuts have a decent football team quit trying to say you have a rivalry. just let it happen and it will. dont try and force a rivalry out of ring pops and signs, do it on the field.

WarriorPride08

First off this is a basketball forum, if you want to talk football go over to the football forums, thanks.  Somehow things always comeback to the "recruiting" or football.  What ever happened to being a good loser?  PA played a great game and couldve won the game despite the poor freethrow shooting down the stretch.  I do agree that a good rivalry should be between more than just basketball but everyone has to agree the CAC-PA-LRCA rivalry in BASKETBALL is a good one to watch.  The games are always close and great to watch and the student sections are even more entertaining.  As for the class of both schools the cheerleaders of PA have a reputation for going over the line a little bit and arent helping the situation by some of the routines they come up with.  LRCA 99% percent of the time is very classy and almost never come out with questionable cheers or signs.  (Sorry for the idiots that made the HO HO HO sign) and for the record the USA chant is getting a little old. Everyone gets it we have 2 foreign players, ITS HILLARIOUS!

Mustang1434

Quote from: WarriorPride08 on February 04, 2006, 05:08:27 pm
LRCA 99% percent of the time is very classy and almost never come out with questionable cheers or signs.

Isn't 99% a bit high?

dogpile10

Why do the PA cheerleaders go out of their way to try to make fun of LRC if they aren't rivals.And maybe they aren't rivals in basketball..doesn't both teams have to win for teams to be rivals? Good game to both, i wish PA would of played with LRC like men, but i understand you gotta do what ya gotta do.  It almost worked...almost.

pabruin08

PA knows and is well aware of the fact that LRCA has an incredible physical and athletic advantage over them in all but maybe one position (Cruz). They know that to compete against a team like LRCA, they can't just attempt to run with them and get every shot swatted three rows into the crowd. That is the reason our guys don't play like "men" against the Warriors.

WarriorPride08

To be precise 96.73% of this time we are classy.  I did the math just for you mustang :)

Mustang1434

Quote from: WarriorPride08 on February 04, 2006, 07:47:40 pm
To be precise 96.73% of this time we are classy. I did the math just for you mustang :)

I appreciate the accuracy.

War Eagle

February 04, 2006, 07:55:08 pm #14 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 02:40:50 pm by Coach DePriest, PA
Quote from: EXTREMEPAHATER on February 04, 2006, 03:54:51 pm
OK, Here is the difference between the CAC-PA rivalry(which is one of the best)and the Walnut Valley Squirrels - Pa rivalry

1. CAC and Pa have a good game in football. These only come once a year. I do realize that CAC has been beaten by PA in football all the time in the early and mid 90's. (Mainly before coach PERRY)
2. Its just really hard to say you have a Rivalry when PA hangs up at least 50 on y'all every year, CAC as well, granted this years game was a little bit closer.
3. Basically football is the sport that determines if you have a rivalry because a lot of the basketball games is just the football players shouting at each other about the game between their schools.

So, until you little walnuts have a decent football team quit trying to say you have a rivalry. just let it happen and it will. dont try and force a rivalry out of ring pops and signs, do it on the field.

So what would you say about LRCA and CAC?  CAC didn't hang 50+ on us.  It was a good game and we were even winning at half if I remember correctly (maybe we were just tied)

dogpile10

Well PA Bruins how many times did Young beat Gabby down the floor for EASY layups in the first meeting..atleast 3 or 4..I think they could run with LRC IF they could find a way to slow down Ben..Hes to quick for Vig in the open court.

pabruin08

Quote from: Cadillac on 27s on February 04, 2006, 07:53:11 pm
I'm sorry if we hurt ya'lls cheerleaders feelings if we called them a mean name, but they asked for it. They've asked for it every single game we've played against each other. Last year we did nothing to your cheerleaders and they came out with some dirty chants. Maybe if you don't want signs like that being held up, you should try to make your cheerleaders reputation better and take out the routines where they show us their butts.

The students at PA do not nessesarily condone all of the things the PA cheerleaders say, and I would hope that neither the students nor administration of LRCA would condone a sign made by a couple of students calling the PA Pom Squad (including some 15 year old girls), "HO, HO, HOs".

dogpile10

Man more has been said bout the cheerleaders then the game! But you can tell the cheerleaders hate the other cheerleaders more then the players lol I was just hoping the PA cheerleaders could come up with something different then "we arent your rivals, you just want to be us and the same old same old" I know PA is a good school cant they teach em to open their minds up a little.

hogvillesbetter

Extremely boring, ugly, poorly played game that became a good game in the last .7 seconds.  Gaby missed 2 free throws with 45 seconds with the game tied at 27 and PA ran an excellent play to get Cruz a layup, he was fouled and missed both.  I missed the first game this year but from what I've heard, PA came out and ran with the Warriors and kept up with them.  This time out, they did not play up and down but slowed the pace down.  I think Coach Winkleman realizes that the goal is not to beat LRC now, but to beat them in state.  He is using different strategies to try and find weaknesses in the Warrior armor.  PA struggled to score points with Cruz not in the lineup as they had no one for Gaby to respect and he could sag off his man and send Young's shots into the stands.  I don't think that the better team has been established yet between these 2 and CAC.  The Warriors have been extremely lucky to win all these close games, and you have to wonder when or if their luck will run out.  That said, this is a huge rivalry in basketball.  PA might not admit it, but why else was there 200 people standing outside waiting to get in before the girls' game.  Football-no way, not even close to a rivalry, Basketball-3 in a row for the Warriors proves its a big-time rivalry.  I hope these 2 rivals meet in the state finals like last year, but in this person's opinion, both will have to play a lot better than they showed Friday night to make it back to Alltell.     

dogpile10

While I agree PA's coach is just trying out ways to beat the champs..they really need to do so. Talk about 2 heart breaking defeats, it might start getting mental for the Bruins. If they play again before state the Bruins will need to win that one bad. Also I agree if those teams wanna go back to the title game, they better get a lot better.  Look out for teams like Riverview.

War Eagle

Quote from: pabruin08 on February 04, 2006, 10:07:06 pm
Quote from: Cadillac on 27s on February 04, 2006, 07:53:11 pm
I'm sorry if we hurt ya'lls cheerleaders feelings if we called them a mean name, but they asked for it. They've asked for it every single game we've played against each other. Last year we did nothing to your cheerleaders and they came out with some dirty chants. Maybe if you don't want signs like that being held up, you should try to make your cheerleaders reputation better and take out the routines where they show us their butts.

The students at PA do not nessesarily condone all of the things the PA cheerleaders say, and I would hope that neither the students nor administration of LRCA would condone a sign made by a couple of students calling the PA Pom Squad (including some 15 year old girls), "HO, HO, HOs".

I don't condone what our guys put on the sign. I had nothing to do with it.  All I'm saying is if you perform an offensive cheer, prepared to get booed

dogpile10

I just thought it was funny they were looking right at the LRC people when the song was playing"spending all your money" im sure those PA gals dont mind the attention.

Kuse

Quote from: EXTREMEPAHATER on February 04, 2006, 03:54:51 pm

Pretty good point, but I would like to add on. I think a Rivalry is not just 1 sport, it is mainly football and basketball. Also, you have to count the fact that CAC and PA have been playing each other for much longer than PA has been playing LRCA. Time determines these rivalrys too, they don't happen over night.

WarriorPride08

I agree but you have to admit when LRC-PA meet its one heck of a game.

EXTREEMPAHATER

Quote from: hogvillesbetter on February 04, 2006, 10:25:31 pm
Extremely boring, ugly, poorly played game that became a good game in the last .7 seconds.  Gaby missed 2 free throws with 45 seconds with the game tied at 27 and PA ran an excellent play to get Cruz a layup, he was fouled and missed both.  I missed the first game this year but from what I've heard, PA came out and ran with the Warriors and kept up with them.  This time out, they did not play up and down but slowed the pace down.  I think Coach Winkleman realizes that the goal is not to beat LRC now, but to beat them in state.  He is using different strategies to try and find weaknesses in the Warrior armor.  PA struggled to score points with Cruz not in the lineup as they had no one for Gaby to respect and he could sag off his man and send Young's shots into the stands.  I don't think that the better team has been established yet between these 2 and CAC.  The Warriors have been extremely lucky to win all these close games, and you have to wonder when or if their luck will run out.  That said, this is a huge rivalry in basketball.  PA might not admit it, but why else was there 200 people standing outside waiting to get in before the girls' game.  Football-no way, not even close to a rivalry, Basketball-3 in a row for the Warriors proves its a big-time rivalry.  I hope these 2 rivals meet in the state finals like last year, but in this person's opinion, both will have to play a lot better than they showed Friday night to make it back to Alltell.     

ok first of all the LRCA basketball gym is the size of my bathroom

WarriorPride08

your bathroom is amazingly huge..nice

mudturtle

The students at PA do not nessesarily condone all of the things the PA cheerleaders say, and I would hope that neither the students nor administration of LRCA would condone a sign made by a couple of students calling the PA Pom Squad (including some 15 year old girls), "HO, HO, HOs".

Wow that's  classy.  Does LRCA = Little Rock's Classless Act?

WarriorPride08

Dont judge our school on 2 people please

dogpile10

Since PA fans have never done anything stupid :)

Hey....I Rule!!!

No, its just that everytime PA does sometihng stupid everyone points it out and makes a big deal about it, but calling our cheerleaders "ho ho hos" isnt that big of a deal, just look past it guys cmon

hogbert

QuoteWow that's  classy.  Does LRCA = Little Rock's Classless Act?

you have GOT to be kidding me. Good Lord what a stupid post. I sincerely hope you forgot to hit the sarcasm button.

Immature teenagers do not an entire instituiton make.

Hey....I Rule!!!

Then why does everyone jump all over PA's few students without class

WarriorPride08

Because PA has a reputation of being classless and everytime yall do something classy its just proving them right so tell the "few people" that are acting like idiots to shutup and yall should be fine.

Mustang1434

Quote from: EXTREMEPAHATER on February 06, 2006, 09:10:50 pm

Then you must be one large person.

Blue Collar

Teatherball Tim

Quote from: Blue Collar on February 07, 2006, 06:14:36 pm
Quote from: Mustang1434 on February 07, 2006, 06:03:42 pm
Quote from: EXTREMEPAHATER on February 06, 2006, 09:10:50 pm

Then you must be one large person.
::)

WOW!!!  Do you not know that basketball gyms are quite large compared to a bathroom. I guess since you have an outhouse in the woods you wouldn't know what a real bathroom looks like.

SidelinerJim

There is so many ignorant people on this thread. Sorry but that's my half cent.

Cards19

Quote from: SidelinerJim on February 07, 2006, 06:37:50 pm
There is so many ignorant people on this thread. Sorry but that's my half cent.
Same here. Some people need to grow up and quit acting like 1st graders on here.

dogpile10

lol Their have been what close to 30post and 5 or 6 about the game its self. haha

mudturtle

Quote from: WarriorPride08 on February 06, 2006, 10:05:19 pm

So is it the same two people every week or do they all take turns?

War Eagle

Quote from: mudturtle on February 07, 2006, 10:17:42 pm
Quote from: WarriorPride08 on February 06, 2006, 10:05:19 pm

So is it the same two people every week or do they all take turns?

since when does the LRCA student section do something bad every week?

EXTREEMPAHATER

WOW!!! Do you not know that basketball gyms are quite large compared to a bathroom. I guess since you have an outhouse in the woods you wouldn't know what a real bathroom looks like.

WOW could any of you people not take a joke, geese, i was just saying that their gym is TINY and that is the reason that you have to get there at like 5 to get a seat. gaa people lighten up a little bit, especially you DONKEY KONG.

D56

Their gym is actually quite nice, compared to some of the gyms holding the upcoming tournaments.  It's possible not too many fans will be coming next year from places like Silooam, so crowding may not be an issue.

dogpile10

Anyone know where the region is for the 6aaa conference?

D56

Clinton (district is at Lonoke)

Prodigy

Blue Collar

Quote from: D56 on February 08, 2006, 08:31:34 am
Their gym is actually quite nice, compared to some of the gyms holding the upcoming tournaments. It's possible not too many fans will be coming next year from places like Silooam, so crowding may not be an issue.
Lonoke is another example of a gym that is small and holding the district tournaments i think for the 6AAA.

Prodigy

Quote from: Blue Collar on February 09, 2006, 09:23:08 pm
Quote from: D56 on February 08, 2006, 08:31:34 am
Their gym is actually quite nice, compared to some of the gyms holding the upcoming tournaments. It's possible not too many fans will be coming next year from places like Silooam, so crowding may not be an issue.
Lonoke is another example of a gym that is small and holding the district tournaments i think for the 6AAA.
Ya that place is small!!!

dogpile10

How far away is clinton from LR?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas