• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle Sr. Boys

Started by ballamane55, October 24, 2005, 05:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nash Fan

Did Pottsville beat Clarksville?

athletic supporter

Quote from: inyourface on January 19, 2006, 12:34:28 pm
Did Pottsville beat Clarksville?

yes by 5 or 7 in double OT at Clarksville.

Nash Fan

cville_panther5

Does Anyone Know If Dardanelle Beat Clinton Last Night..?  I Heard It Went Into Overtime..  So I Was Just Curious..

petey24g

dardanelles boys won by 28
officiating was terrible
player got elbowed in face intentinally, no foul called
then the players dad kicked out of game for complaining
thats not even the worse of it
dardanelle is real tough though

ballamane55

Dardanelle plays Dover tonight in the makeup game @ Dover. Hopefully Dardanelle can continue there winning ways with Dover.

athletic supporter

Quote from: petey24g on January 21, 2006, 01:49:16 pm
dardanelles boys won by 28
officiating was terrible
player got elbowed in face intentinally, no foul called
then the players dad kicked out of game for complaining
thats not even the worse of it
dardanelle is real tough though

what was the worse of it?

gojackets14

dardanelle is a good basketball team, but when clinton played them the officiating was terrible, how can c.j. chaten guard somebody full court for the whole game as a aggresive defender and not get a foul?

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: gojackets14 on January 21, 2006, 08:29:37 pm
dardanelle is a good basketball team, but when clinton played them the officiating was terrible, how can c.j. chaten guard somebody full court for the whole game as a aggresive defender and not get a foul?

Most of the time when teams are up 30, officials don't want to call fouls to delay the inevitable, thus the mercy rule.

Chino

saw cj on the paper today, they were playing mayflower

athletic supporter

Quote from: Live Each Day Like It Was Your Last on January 22, 2006, 05:16:01 pm
saw cj on the paper today, they were playing mayflower

on what paper? the courier?

ballamane55

What do yall think about the Dardanelle vs. Clarksville matchup happening this tuesday night @ Dardanelle?

ballamane55

Dardanelle beat Clarksville tonight 79-66 they was pretty much dominant the whole game. Was out to a 28 point lead at one point but of course Clarksville closed the game a lil. They are now 18-3 overall and 7-2 in conference. Dardanelle really looked like a team ready to push for the conference championship!

Coltrane

Quote from: ballamane55 on January 24, 2006, 09:54:23 pm
Dardanelle beat Clarksville tonight 79-66 they was pretty much dominant the whole game. Was out to a 28 point lead at one point but of course Clarksville closed the game a lil. They are now 18-3 overall and 7-2 in conference. Dardanelle really looked like a team ready to push for the conference championship!
Agreed.  They looked as good tonight as I have ever seen them look.  Clarksville was never in the ball game, and the Lizards dominated from start to finish. 

Coltrane

January 25, 2006, 10:18:14 am #214 Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 10:29:00 am by fiend
I'm not sure if you can see that score in the background, but it is 32-10.  Dardanelle was up at one time 49-19.  If they play like that against Atkins, it will be one whail of a game.

Photo courtesy of http://www.couriernews.com

get_trucked25

Coltrane

They didn't have the stats in the paper, but I guarantee Chaten had over 30.  Haney, McCormick, and Reeves provided most of the rest.

05andProud

Who does Dardanelle play friday?

ballamane55

Dardanelle plays Lamar thursday night @ Lamar.

nape 23

warriors beat dardanelle by 30 plus last night it was the best ive seen them play all year ,looks like the warriors could be going on a run just in time for the district tournament.

Coltrane

Quote from: nape 23 on January 27, 2006, 09:22:45 am
warriors beat dardanelle by 30 plus last night it was the best ive seen them play all year ,looks like the warriors could be going on a run just in time for the district tournament.
I wouldn't be so sure of that.  You can't shoot like that every night.  I only know of 2 three pointers that ya'll missed for sure.  I think you were something like 18-20 for 90%!  It wasn't a fluke, but it is something that won't happen again this season and is impossible to do night in and night out.

cahrens

Quote from: fiend on January 27, 2006, 12:04:34 pmI wouldn't be so sure of that. You can't shoot like that every night. I only know of 2 three pointers that ya'll missed for sure. I think you were something like 18-20 for 90%! It wasn't a fluke, but it is something that won't happen again this season and is impossible to do night in and night out.

Actually they were only 13-19 from 3 pointers - 68%.... The 90% game Lamar  is saving for later.

Coltrane

Quote from: bball freak on January 27, 2006, 02:01:37 pm
Quote from: fiend on January 27, 2006, 12:04:34 pmI wouldn't be so sure of that. You can't shoot like that every night. I only know of 2 three pointers that ya'll missed for sure. I think you were something like 18-20 for 90%! It wasn't a fluke, but it is something that won't happen again this season and is impossible to do night in and night out.

Actually they were only 13-19 from 3 pointers - 68%.... The 90% game Lamar is saving for later.
I hate to disagree man, but there is no way Lamar missed 6 three's last night.  They were on fy-ah.

ballamane55

Dardanelle goes to Pottsville tuesday night hopeing to get a win and continue there chance of being conference champs. Dardanelle will be looking for revenge and tryin to erase the embarrassment held at lamar with their hot shooting.

Mark Few's pupil

I talked to Coach Miller from Lamar last night and he told us that they were 13-17 from the 3pt. line and missed a total of 12 shots Thursday night, free throws included.

Nash Fan

Chino

When are the fans throwing toilet paper into the court

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: Chino on February 01, 2006, 12:27:57 am
When are the fans throwing toilet paper into the court

Probably on Senior night, Tuesday February 7th.

ballamane55

Dardanelle beat Pottsville by 3 last night and move into 2nd place tied wit pottsville. Atkins now holds first place in conference!

ballamane55

Tonight Dardanelle plays Mayflower. Dardanelle needs to get hot right now in order to make a run in district.

ballamane55

Dardanelle lost to mayflower on friday night but was able to beat dover on sr. night. Now they have a touch oppenent coming up in Atkins who is the hottest team right now.

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: ballamane55 on February 08, 2006, 08:07:33 am
Dardanelle lost to mayflower on friday night but was able to beat dover on sr. night. Now they have a touch oppenent coming up in Atkins who is the hottest team right now.

The thing is, the game really doesn't mean anything for both teams (besides pride) because Atkins wrapped up the #1 seed last night and Dardanelle wrapped up the #3 seed last night.  The only thing intriguing about this is it is a possible District Final Preview.

Coltrane

Quote from: aphsports.com on February 08, 2006, 08:37:04 am
Quote from: ballamane55 on February 08, 2006, 08:07:33 am

The thing is, the game really doesn't mean anything for both teams (besides pride) because Atkins wrapped up the #1 seed last night and Dardanelle wrapped up the #3 seed last night. The only thing intriguing about this is it is a possible District Final Preview.
Wait.  If Dardanelle wins, won't they be ahead of Pottsville in the standings?

ballamane55

Dardanelle has to beat Atkins and Pottsville has to lose to Clarksville by 5 or more in order for Dardanelle to get the 2nd Seed!!!!

ballamane55

How do yall feel about the atkins vs. Dardanelle matchup!!!! Yes atkins has won 13 in a row, but do u think dardanelle can pull it out esp. playing for 2nd seed and a bye to regionals.

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: ballamane55 on February 08, 2006, 05:21:15 pm
Dardanelle has to beat Atkins and Pottsville has to lose to Clarksville by 5 or more in order for Dardanelle to get the 2nd Seed!!!!

Actually I believe that number is 8 or more, but you are pretty much correct.

athletic supporter

Quote from: ballamane55 on February 09, 2006, 08:17:02 am
How do yall feel about the atkins vs. Dardanelle matchup!!!! Yes atkins has won 13 in a row, but do u think dardanelle can pull it out esp. playing for 2nd seed and a bye to regionals.

I hope not, but I think there could be an upset brewing in Atkins Friday night. Atkins has nothing to play for after securing the conference title Tuesday night, and Dardanelle needs to take care of business and get a little help to secure a berth in regionals. Atkins will not lay down though. My prediction:

Atkins-42
Dardanelle-49

hoghater

Youthguy,
   I hope to see you at Atkins on Friday.  I'll make sure that the players from A-Town know how you feel about them !!!

ballamane55

All Dardanelle has to do tomorrow is win and for clarksville to beat pottsville. No there is no point spread, all clarksville has to do is beat pottsville and dardanelle win then Dardanelle will be 2nd seed.

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: ballamane55 on February 09, 2006, 07:08:44 pm
All Dardanelle has to do tomorrow is win and for clarksville to beat pottsville. No there is no point spread, all clarksville has to do is beat pottsville and dardanelle win then Dardanelle will be 2nd seed.

That is not true.  If Pottsville and Dardanelle end up with the same record then Pottsville gets the nod.

ballamane55

Dardanelle beat Atkins on a buzzer shot by matt haney. An Atkins player nailed two free throws with 4.6 seconds left to put the Red Devils up 67-66. Dardanelle then in-bounded the ball and it ended up in Matt Haney's hands, and he nailed a three-pointer as time expired to give the Sand Lizards the win 69-67. Atkins had already clinched the 5AAA title, but Dardanelle now holds 2nd seed b/c Clarksville beat Pottsville tonight. All i have to say is that was one of the greatest game i have been too in a long time. Wow what a game!!!!

hoghater

It was indeed a great ballgame!!! I wish that the outcome had been different but, I give the Lizard's credit for playing a great game on Senior Night at Atkins.  I wish the Lizards the best of luck in the Dist. & Reg. Tourney's.

ballamane55

Clarksville beat Mayflower 66-64 so that moves them to play Atkins Friday night. Dardanelle plays the winner of Pottsville/ Lamar game. Who do u think will win the Atkins/Clarksville matchup?

basketball4

Quote from: ballamane55 on February 15, 2006, 09:49:29 pm
Clarksville beat Mayflower 66-64 so that moves them to play Atkins Friday night. Dardanelle plays the winner of Pottsville/ Lamar game. Who do u think will win the Atkins/Clarksville matchup?

Atkins.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas