• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle Sr. Boys

Started by ballamane55, October 24, 2005, 05:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballamane55

December 09, 2005, 10:42:57 pm #100 Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 11:59:50 am by ballamane55
Final score: Dardanelle 59 Lamar 36 what does that tell about Dardanelle's team this year!!!!! They made a statement tonight by beating lamar ruining the critics that said that lamar was goin to win. Well Dardanelle sure sent a message to everyone that Dardanelle is no joke this year in conference!!! I know that Atkins and Clarksville will be tough this year and Dardanelle may lose to both of them i am just sayin that they are not picnic like they used to be for the past 3 years.They play Hector tomorrow in the championship game at Dover Sr. Tournament at 8:30. Dardanelle should pull this out and win the championship. Dardanelle is (8-0)overall (2-0)in conference.

ballamane55

Dardanelle won the Dover Sr. Tournament against Hector but it wasnt easy. Dardanelle looked really sloppy at first and wasnt really ready to play but CJ Chaten got them back into the swing of things with his 3 straight three pointers. Dardanelle plays Clarksville next week on friday at Clarksville next!

BoDid 4 Heisman

Who all has Dardnelle played this year?

ballamane55

Paris,ola,heber springs, booneville,clinton,lamar,mt. judea, hector, and greenbrier

athletic supporter

Quote from: ballamane55 on December 11, 2005, 06:50:42 pm
Paris,ola,heber springs, booneville,clinton,lamar,mt. judea, hector, and greenbrier

No wonder they are 9-0. Who made out the non-conference schedule? That is pretty weak. Also, I though Paris was a JV game. Are you guys gonna count that as a W for the varsity? Just curious!

Coltrane

Quote from: youthguy on December 12, 2005, 09:20:17 am

No wonder they are 9-0. Who made out the non-conference schedule? That is pretty weak. Also, I though Paris was a JV game. Are you guys gonna count that as a W for the varsity? Just curious!
Hey I saw you at the game the other night with Pinion.  What did you think?  Any chance of us beating Atkins?

athletic supporter

Quote from: fiend on December 12, 2005, 10:44:01 am

Hey I saw you at the game the other night with Pinion. What did you think? Any chance of us beating Atkins?

Yes, there is a chance. I just think that the Lizards, while very athletic, will have trouble matching up with the Red Devils. I have been impressed with Atkins so far. Everybody knows about Avery, but the "supporting" cast has been playing pretty good. Who am I trying to kid; Atkins is horrible and may not win more than 3 conference games. If you get a chance you need to be in Atkins Tuesday night. Clarksville is coming to town, and there SHOULD be two very good games.

Nash Fan

I think the River Valley is loaded this year with boys talent.  This age group of boys have been good for a long time.  3 years ago the jr. highs were loaded.  Should be fun to watch ball in the valley.  Danville beat Pottsville, Hector, Dardanelle, Atkins, and Clarksville that year.  I'll be at Atkins Tues. night.  Love the river valley hoops.

wonderboys

I sure hope that Dardanelle and Danville get to play each other in the Yell County Tournament. Wow, the 50 people that actually get to go inside the WYC gym will be blessed that night.

athletic supporter

Quote from: inyourface on December 12, 2005, 12:08:55 pm
I think the River Valley is loaded this year with boys talent. This age group of boys have been good for a long time. 3 years ago the jr. highs were loaded. Should be fun to watch ball in the valley. Danville beat Pottsville, Hector, Dardanelle, Atkins, and Clarksville that year. I'll be at Atkins Tues. night. Love the river valley hoops.

Look me up if you want to meet face 2 face.

Coltrane

Quote from: youthguy on December 12, 2005, 11:36:51 am
Quote from: fiend on December 12, 2005, 10:44:01 am

Hey I saw you at the game the other night with Pinion. What did you think? Any chance of us beating Atkins?

Yes, there is a chance. I just think that the Lizards, while very athletic, will have trouble matching up with the Red Devils. I have been impressed with Atkins so far. Everybody knows about Avery, but the "supporting" cast has been playing pretty good. Who am I trying to kid; Atkins is horrible and may not win more than 3 conference games. If you get a chance you need to be in Atkins Tuesday night. Clarksville is coming to town, and there SHOULD be two very good games.
Sounds like a plan.  Me and Rod will be there. 

Nash Fan

My bad, I just looked at Danville's schedule and they play at home tommorrow against Charleston.  Better go cheer on my boys.  I would like to catch an Atkins game though.

ballamane55

Im lookin to see how Clarksville and Atkins are this year so i might go to the game as well tuesday night. Dardanelle is playing Clarksville so i bet the coach will prolly go to that game and scout. Good luck to atkins cuz i not a real Clarksville fan so GO ATKINS BEAT CLARKSVILLE!!!

athletic supporter

Quote from: ballamane55 on December 12, 2005, 06:09:13 pm
Im lookin to see how Clarksville and Atkins are this year so i might go to the game as well tuesday night. Dardanelle is playing Clarksville so i bet the coach will prolly go to that game and scout. Good luck to atkins cuz i not a real Clarksville fan so GO ATKINS BEAT CLARKSVILLE!!!

Coach Thurman is coming to the game. I talked to him Saturday night before the game and he said he would be there.

ballamane55

How impressive was Clarksville in the Atkins game last night? Do u think Dardanelle has a chance to win friday?

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: ballamane55 on December 14, 2005, 08:34:16 am
How impressive was Clarksville in the Atkins game last night? Do u think Dardanelle has a chance to win friday?

Clarksville was very impressive last night beating Atkins.  It was a lot closer than the 12 points that they won by.  Clarksville had many leads of 10 plus points in the first half but they didn't extend it until under 1 minute left in the game.  Dardanelle can beat both of the teams that I saw last night, the question is, will they.  What will hurt both of the teams last night is the fact that they are both not very deep.  Clarksville played about 6 and a half players and Atkins played 7 and a half.

Nash Fan

Coltrane

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 14, 2005, 11:47:57 am
Quote from: ballamane55 on December 14, 2005, 08:34:16 am

Clarksville was very impressive last night beating Atkins. It was a lot closer than the 12 points that they won by. Clarksville had many leads of 10 plus points in the first half but they didn't extend it until under 1 minute left in the game. Dardanelle can beat both of the teams that I saw last night, the question is, will they. What will hurt both of the teams last night is the fact that they are both not very deep. Clarksville played about 6 and a half players and Atkins played 7 and a half.
See, I disagree.  I didn't think Clarksville was very impressive at all last night.  Of course, I came into the game expecting both of the teams to just be outstanding, and that definitely wasn't the case.  I think at worst, Dardanelle splits with both teams.  Especially if Avery continues to play point guard. 

Mark Few's pupil

December 14, 2005, 12:20:31 pm #118 Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 12:24:14 pm by Coach Sorrels is a legend
Quote from: inyourface on December 14, 2005, 12:09:37 pm
You only need five.

Maybe in AA or A but you need 7 good players in AAA.

Quote from: fiend on December 14, 2005, 12:16:10 pm
See, I disagree. I didn't think Clarksville was very impressive at all last night. Of course, I came into the game expecting both of the teams to just be outstanding, and that definitely wasn't the case. I think at worst, Dardanelle splits with both teams. Especially if Avery continues to play point guard.

You are right, neither team was impressive. 
Clarksville has basically 5 guards and they matched up really well with Atkins.  #34 really gave Avery fits last night and Atkins hasn't played a team that plays man yet this year.  They just didn't react very well to it.  Dardanelle has a totally different team than either of these and I think the scouting report will be different for those games.  I can see the winner of this conference with 3 or 4 losses.

Coltrane

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 14, 2005, 12:20:31 pm
You only need five.

See, I disagree. I didn't think Clarksville was very impressive at all last night. Of course, I came into the game expecting both of the teams to just be outstanding, and that definitely wasn't the case. I think at worst, Dardanelle splits with both teams. Especially if Avery continues to play point guard.

Clarksville has basically 5 guards and they matched up really well with Atkins. #34 really gave Avery fits last night and Atkins hasn't played a team that plays man yet this year. They just didn't react very well to it. Dardanelle has a totally different team than either of these and I think the scouting report will be different for those games. I can see the winner of this conference with 3 or 4 losses.
I doubt it.  I think the winner is either Atkins, Clarksville, or Dardanelle.  If Dardanelle splits with both teams and Clarksville beats Atkins again, that would have the Panthers winning the conference season. 

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: fiend on December 14, 2005, 01:12:50 pm
Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 14, 2005, 12:20:31 pm
You only need five.

Clarksville has basically 5 guards and they matched up really well with Atkins. #34 really gave Avery fits last night and Atkins hasn't played a team that plays man yet this year. They just didn't react very well to it. Dardanelle has a totally different team than either of these and I think the scouting report will be different for those games. I can see the winner of this conference with 3 or 4 losses.
I doubt it. I think the winner is either Atkins, Clarksville, or Dardanelle. If Dardanelle splits with both teams and Clarksville beats Atkins again, that would have the Panthers winning the conference season.

I could easily see Clarksville losing to Dardanelle, Mayflower, Atkins and maybe even a Lamar or Pottsville.  I still think the winner of the conference will be 11-3.

ballamane55

So whose prediction is it to win the Conference this year in your mind?

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: ballamane55 on December 14, 2005, 09:19:15 pm
So whose prediction is it to win the Conference this year in your mind?

I think Clarksville is the clear cut favorite now that they beat Atkins @ their place.  Yes Dardanelle is better this year and Clarksville is worse but I still don't think Dardanelle will beat them twice which is what it will take to win the league.

Coltrane

Hey what region are we in this year?  Do we play the 6AAA again?

athletic supporter

Quote from: fiend on December 15, 2005, 09:23:53 am
Hey what region are we in this year? Do we play the 6AAA again?

Yep! I think Clarksville has already beaten CAC. PA can't be as good as they have been, can they? Lonoke,I'm sure is very athletic. I heard Dewitt was going to be pretty good, but you hear that every year. LRCA(Walnut Valley) should be the team to beat, but I don't know why we couldn't get 2 teams in state and maybe even 3.

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: youthguy on December 15, 2005, 09:46:02 am

Yep! I think Clarksville has already beaten CAC. PA can't be as good as they have been, can they? Lonoke,I'm sure is very athletic. I heard Dewitt was going to be pretty good, but you hear that every year. LRCA(Walnut Valley) should be the team to beat, but I don't know why we couldn't get 2 teams in state and maybe even 3.

Clarksville beat CAC by 6 without CAC's 3 best players.  The top 4 teams in 6AAA would win the 5AAA.  We will be lucky to get one team in the state tournament.  We better hope that we get the regional tournament at a 5AAA site.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 15, 2005, 10:13:38 am

Clarksville beat CAC by 6 without CAC's 3 best players. The top 4 teams in 6AAA would win the 5AAA. We will be lucky to get one team in the state tournament. We better hope that we get the regional tournament at a 5AAA site.

Do you have to qualify for regionals to host the regionals? I was just wondering because I'm sure Clinton will put in for the regionals since they are building that nice new gym.

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: youthguy on December 15, 2005, 10:16:16 am

Clarksville beat CAC by 6 without CAC's 3 best players. The top 4 teams in 6AAA would win the 5AAA. We will be lucky to get one team in the state tournament. We better hope that we get the regional tournament at a 5AAA site.
Do you have to qualify for regionals to host the regionals? I was just wondering because I'm sure Clinton will put in for the regionals since they are building that nice new gym.

That is a good question but I think the answer is no.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 15, 2005, 10:18:06 am

That is a good question but I think the answer is no.

That is scary because thinking is what gets you into so much trouble, isn't it?

ballamane55

Who will win the game tomorrow, Dardanelle or Clarksville? Dardanelle is playing at Clarksville and that is a very tough place to play. Do u think has a chance to pull out a big win?

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: ballamane55 on December 15, 2005, 09:40:55 pm
Do u think has a chance to pull out a big win?

WHO?

Clarksville will end Dardanelle's undefeated run.

SandLizard04

Let's Gooooo Lizarrrrrrds! (wonder how many still in school remember that?)

I'll be there tonight probably. Go Lizards.

Coltrane

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 16, 2005, 08:51:08 am

WHO?

A pack of corn nuts says they won't. 

athletic supporter

Quote from: fiend on December 16, 2005, 12:18:23 pm

WHO?

original or BBQ?

SandLizard04

Gotta go with the BBQ, man.

YG, are you going tonight?

Coltrane

Quote from: youthguy on December 16, 2005, 01:30:53 pm
Quote from: fiend on December 16, 2005, 12:18:23 pm

WHO?

original or BBQ?
Ranch.  I only deal with ranch corn nuts. 

ballamane55

Dardanelle beat Clarksville last night by like 3 or 4 i forgot the final score but it was in the 70's that makes Dardanelle 10-0 and 3-0 in conference. That was one of the best games i have seen in a while in conference play. If u missed that game u missed out it was excited def. at the end when sims hits a 3 wit about 15 sec. left then matt haney answers back with the 3 on the other end and puts dardanelle ahead. So what do u think of Dardanelle now pulling out that big win at Clarksville's place?

SandLizard04

That's awesome. Keep it up, boys.

loud_panther04

I agree with Ballamane....i am from Clarksville and in my mind it was one of the best Cville/Dardanelle games i have ever seen(or at least in a long while).  This has always been a somewhat rivalry in basketball.  I cant wait to go to Dardanelle and watch it again. 

ballamane55

The next game should be really good against clarksville and dardanelle and i cant wait to see that either. Its a rivalry in the making!!!!

Coltrane

Quote from: ballamane55 on December 18, 2005, 10:40:32 am
The next game should be really good against clarksville and dardanelle and i cant wait to see that either. Its a rivalry in the making!!!!
In the making?  I would say Dardanelle/Clarksville is the best rivalry in this part of the state over the past 7 or 8 years. 

SandLizard04

Quote from: fiend on December 19, 2005, 11:56:46 am
In the making? I would say Dardanelle/Clarksville is the best rivalry in this part of the state over the past 7 or 8 years.
That's it? Come on man, Dardanelle/Clarksville goes way back.

Until Clarksville moved to AAAA for those three years around 2001, this rivalry was awesome. I'm glad to see it's finally getting some luster back.

SouthpawSensation

Schools put in bids to the Arkansas Activities Association every year in order to host regional and state basketball tournaments, then the AAA powers are the ones who determine which schools become the host.
However, going by history, chances are slim that a 5AAA school will be the regional host this year since Clarksville hosted the region last year.

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: SL04™ on December 19, 2005, 11:59:55 am
In the making? I would say Dardanelle/Clarksville is the best rivalry in this part of the state over the past 7 or 8 years.

Until Clarksville moved to AAAA for those three years around 2001, this rivalry was awesome. I'm glad to see it's finally getting some luster back.

Didn't the Clarksville @Dardanelle game used to be the toilet paper game?  I think I was there for a couple of those.

SandLizard04

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 19, 2005, 04:45:27 pm

Didn't the Clarksville @Dardanelle game used to be the toilet paper game? I think I was there for a couple of those.
Yep.

Coltrane

Quote from: SL04™ on December 19, 2005, 05:52:13 pm
Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on December 19, 2005, 04:45:27 pm

Didn't the Clarksville @Dardanelle game used to be the toilet paper game? I think I was there for a couple of those.
Yep.
Still is. 

loud_panther04

I forgot all about the toilet paper and then i went to the game last year.   Well it was good to see that the basketball game had alot more sportsmanship than the football game.

big_papi71

ballamane55

How do u think dardanelle will fair in the Alma Sr. tournament with ozark, Union Christian, sacred heart, gravette, elkins,alma, and mansfield in the tournament. Do u think they have a chance to win the tournament?

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: ballamane55 on December 23, 2005, 01:19:26 pm
How do u think dardanelle will fair in the Alma Sr. tournament with ozark, Union Christian, sacred heart, gravette, elkins,alma, and mansfield in the tournament. Do u think they have a chance to win the tournament?

If those are the only teams in the tournament, they have a chance to get to the finals but Alma is out of their league.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas