• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A GIRLS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Pocahontas vs Pottsville(Sat 6:00)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 07:44:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Pocahontas
30 (71.4%)
Pottsville
12 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:43:46 pm

Brian G

More to come

Brian G

Porka

Gray lizard

bigchief72455

Gray lizard

Brian G

Redskin24

The Pocahontas game will stream on Livestream. Follow Pocahontas PSD-TV.

Ozark Hog

Polls are for the fans, but , the only problem with the people who vote in these polls is that not one of them will score a point for either team ,none of them will have any effect on the out come of the games, just some ones stupid opinion. Most have not seen either team play or have any idea how one team will match up against the other. If you could be awarded the trophy going off polls, there would be no reason to play the game, to bad it doesn't work that way and out come will be determined on the basketball court. I am sure the all the  teams that were suppose to win just because some one voted for them are a feeling a little down.
If you want to go by odds either team has a 50/50 chance of winning!

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 07, 2017, 10:20:30 am
Polls are for the fans, but , the only problem with the people who vote in these polls is that not one of them will score a point for either team ,none of them will have any effect on the out come of the games, just some ones stupid opinion. Most have not seen either team play or have any idea how one team will match up against the other. If you could be awarded the trophy going off polls, there would be no reason to play the game, to bad it doesn't work that way and out come will be determined on the basketball court. I am sure the all the  teams that were suppose to win just because some one voted for them are a feeling a little down.
If you want to go by odds either team has a 50/50 chance of winning!

Polls are for people like our friend Jerry who will use them to vault over the mats and break an ankle.

LRRandy

Most of the votes are cast by fans of the teams playing. The team with the most fans on the message board wins the poll. Few votes are probably cast by objective, nonpartisan observers.

Ozark Hog

So I guess those fans are going to be playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gray lizard

From what little I have seen of Pocahontas I expect a great game.  I think both teams like to get up and down the floor.  I think both teams will extend their defense at least I know Pottsville will.  I know Pocahontas point is not afraid to push the ball up the court from what I have seen.  They also have a girl that can put the basket ball off the back board and in the basket down low.  Best of luck to both teams. Of course I want to see Pottsville win.

Ozark Hog

Could come down to the team with the best bench. If I was Pottsville coach It would be end to end as fast as possible and full court press the whole game. That is when they are at their best, they slow it down and they throw it away. The district was the first time they lost to Ozark in a while, run and gun is what those girls want to do, not let the defense set up.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 07, 2017, 10:51:23 am
Could come down to the team with the best bench. If I was Pottsville coach It would be end to end as fast as possible and full court press the whole game. That is when they are at their best, they slow it down and they throw it away. The district was the first time they lost to Ozark in a while, run and gun is what those girls want to do, not let the defense set up.
I agree.  They seem at their best the faster they are moving.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 07, 2017, 10:45:01 am
From what little I have seen of Pocahontas I expect a great game.  I think both teams like to get up and down the floor.  I think both teams will extend their defense at least I know Pottsville will.  I know Pocahontas point is not afraid to push the ball up the court from what I have seen.  They also have a girl that can put the basket ball off the back board and in the basket down low.  Best of luck to both teams. Of course I want to see Pottsville win.
The one you're speaking of is Ashlyn Ellis, who has scored at least 20 in every game I have been to this year

bigchief72455

It will be a good game for sure. Both teams are strong and able to win it. I will give the the Lady Skins the edge. They are really good.

87DAWG

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 07, 2017, 10:51:23 am
The Ellis girl and #15 love to play pass/catch/layup off the push....they are not deep though, I think they may play 7!!! Seen these girls play all year and they are great to watch!! I will be going for Pokey!! But do not nothing bout Pottsville but gotta be good to be in the Championship game....If they trap and push may get the Redskins winded in the final quarter...

Livewire

Looks to be a great matchup, but Pokey has the edge. They are loaded with upper class girls and have played consistently all year. They handle pressure well and can apply it when needed. Don't discount their bench--plenty of talent there.

Brian G

Gray lizard

Quite!
Who would know a big game is tomorrow. 
I have had a little time to watch some Pocahontas game footage.  I see they are on a 21 game winning streak.  Not sure what the game plans will be.  How have they faired against teams that extend their defense and really put pressure on the ball?  I know the point can really push the ball.  It will be a job and possible foul trouble for the girl that has to cover her.  I think Pottsville has enough girls who can fill in if fouls become an issue.
It looks like Pocahontas started good and has carried it through the season.
Pottsville has improve a lot over the season and most of their losses were very close other than a couple strange losses. They several girls that shoot the ball well.  a couple that can drive to the basket very well.

Not looking for any chest pounding or lip smack, but just good details of what to expect in the game.

Ozark Hog

Watched the Bay girl last nite that shut down the best player on WV team, completely took her out of he game never a factor, one player can be stopped if you are willing to play defense on her all night long. The team that won it all last year was the best 4-A team that have watched in many a year, you had to guard every player on their team, could not slack off on any of them or they would stick in the hole on you. Have not watched any team in 4-A this year that is ever closed to last years winner. Neither Pocahontas or Pottsville could get within 20 of that team!

Gray lizard

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 10, 2017, 10:48:08 am
Watched the Bay girl last nite that shut down the best player on WV team, completely took her out of he game never a factor, one player can be stopped if you are willing to play defense on her all night long. The team that won it all last year was the best 4-A team that have watched in many a year, you had to guard every player on their team, could not slack off on any of them or they would stick in the hole on you. Have not watched any team in 4-A this year that is ever closed to last years winner. Neither Pocahontas or Pottsville could get within 20 of that team!
Yes #25 from Bay did her job well.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 10, 2017, 10:48:08 am
I guess they lost a number of those players last year.

Gray lizard

Think he is speaking of Esteem.  That team was loaded.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 10, 2017, 11:04:23 am
They were still pretty good this year. It took OT to beat them.

LRRandy

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 10, 2017, 11:04:23 am
no, he is talking about Riverview. They won the state championship back to back in 2015,2016. They had a three headed monster. 3 girls that could shoot the three at a high %, finish at the basket with either hand and press. Teams struggle to get the ball to half court much less across the line to try and score. One of the best girls teams I've seen at the high school level.

If they were still playing they would definately be the team to beat  ;D

Ozark Hog

Porka

Dumb question...

Who is home and who is visitor in this game? Is Pocahontas home due to the highest seed?

LRRandy

Quote from: Porka on March 11, 2017, 03:17:52 pm
Dumb question...

Who is home and who is visitor in this game? Is Pocahontas home due to the highest seed?
i don't know how they determine that. Baptist Prep was visitor last night in the boys game and they were the higher seed.

Brian G

Porka

Quote from: B.G. on March 11, 2017, 03:55:53 pm
Top of the bracket is home.

Thank ya, wasn't sure if it was that or seeding.

Not sure about Pottsville but Pocahontas red is all over this place and still flooding in. Gonna be a loud and rowdy crowd the Apaches are up against also.

LRRandy

Quote from: Porka on March 11, 2017, 04:33:31 pm
Thank ya, wasn't sure if it was that or seeding.

Not sure about Pottsville but Pocahontas red is all over this place and still flooding in. Gonna be a loud and rowdy crowd the Apaches are up against also.
fun atmosphere. Good luck.

LRRandy

Halftime

Pottsville 24

Pocahontas  19

Pottsvilles length is giving Pocahontas trouble. Couple key threes hit by Pocahontas or they would be in a deep hole.

( looks like Pottsville is the team to beat)

Brian G

Livewire

CONGRATS TO THE LADY REDSKINS!!
Another state championship for NEA

Redskin2015

NEA Razorback olfan

Congratulations to the Pocahontas Lady Redskins.
Great Job !!! Way to represent NEA !!!

bigchief72455

Quote from: LRRandy on March 11, 2017, 06:45:10 pm
Halftime

Pottsville 24

Pocahontas  19

Pottsvilles length is giving Pocahontas trouble. Couple key threes hit by Pocahontas or they would be in a deep hole.

( looks like Pottsville is the team to beat)
Not today.  8)

Porka

Hats off to Pottsville, their team brought their A game and made it a good one.

Pocahontas proved too much in the end, just too much talent and fight to overcome.

Great atmosphere and maybe the best game of the tournament (as far as a back-and-forth slugfest). The Pocahontas girls earned that one.

Ozark Hog

Ozark has watched this group of Pottsville girls play for the last couple of years and I can tell you that Pocahontas did not have too much talent. I will tell you that their game is run and gun and the coach for some reason played  Pocahontas style ball.
He should have played the up tempo style as that is what that team is best at. Why he stop pressing all over the floor is what I couldn't understand, the only real ball handler they had was #11 their other guards were not that good. The coach from Pocahontas should have shook the Pottsville coach's hand and thanked him for slowing the ball down and calling off the press and for  not being smart enough to double team #11 I would say he got out coached!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 12, 2017, 02:42:46 pm
Ozark has watched this group of Pottsville girls play for the last couple of years and I can tell you that Pocahontas did not have too much talent. I will tell you that their game is run and gun and the coach for some reason played  Pocahontas style ball.
He should have played the up tempo style as that is what that team is best at. Why he stop pressing all over the floor is what I couldn't understand, the only real ball handler they had was #11 their other guards were not that good. The coach from Pocahontas should have shook the Pottsville coach's hand and thanked him for slowing the ball down and calling off the press and for  not being smart enough to double team #11 I would say he got out coached!!!!!!!!!!!!
You just can't let us have a win can you. I am sure the reason that this team only lost 3 games all season is because they out coached every team. Excuses.

Ozark Hog

If I was you folks I would try and keep the student section under control, they acted like a bunch of jerks last nite, Could have been a bad scene at end of game. They should have keep their rear on their side of gym.
Just stating facts, no dog in this fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

March 12, 2017, 03:26:09 pm #44 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:35:43 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
And yet Pokey won , bottom line

Pottsville has about everyone returning next year, so they should do well next year

No dog in fight either

Ozark Hog

So I guess you approve of the stunt the students pulled??? You and I both know one play by either team before overtime could have won it for either, heck if Pocahontas was so good how did they lose 3 games and how was Pottsville even in the game with their bunch of all stars, who trailed nearly the whole game and shoot twice as many free throws as Pottsville, most of the time the team that leads the whole game is the one who is shooting more free throws as they are the ones playing catching up.

LRRandy

Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 12, 2017, 03:01:55 pm
You just can't let us have a win can you. I am sure the reason that this team only lost 3 games all season is because they out coached every team. Excuses.
nobody needs to let you have anything. Those girls are State Champions and earned it. Congrats Pocahontas!  I was having fun with you guys with the team to beat thing. It seemed you were bothered by the perceived lack of respect so I just kept " poking" ( pun intended).  Those girls have earned everyone's respect.

bigchief72455

Quote from: LRRandy on March 12, 2017, 05:14:26 pm
nobody needs to let you have anything. Those girls are State Champions and earned it. Congrats Pocahontas!  I was having fun with you guys with the team to beat thing. It seemed you were bothered by the perceived lack of respect so I just kept " poking" ( pun intended).  Those girls have earned everyone's respect.
I know you were joking LR. But Ozark Hog wants to down their achievement by saying our coach should shake theirs hand is an insult.  Since the tournament began it was like there were no teams in the bottom bracket that could get it done. And to go on and say that nobody on Pocahontas team was very good besides 11. Well the other 4 were apparently good enough to get the job done that night. I usually don't comment much on basketball but I will be the first during football season after all the trash is talked to congratulate a team for their win. You can't make excuses for a loss. Things like that happen. It may just have not been your night or maybe there were injuries but you lost. Lord our football team lost first round this year. Oh well there is always the next season. As far as the student section goes I don't know. I had heard they were just returning the favor to Pottsvilles student section.

Ozark Hog

I think you head wrong big Chief the Pottsville students did not go into the Pocahontas student stands and act like fools!!!!!!!!   I am not making excuses, just stating the facts. Look like Pocahontas had a senior dominated team and the pressure got to  Pottsville in overtime, and once it come down to fouling Pocahontas was already in one and one on every foul, get a lead and make your foul shoots and it is impossible for the other team to come back. One lucky break is all it take in close a game. 
It is for sure that they have to depend on their speed to win games as they did not have a dominate big girl. If telling the truth is making excuses then you have a different view of what a excuse is. 
I had already congratulated Pocahontas in one of my early post not say they didn't deserve the win.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 12, 2017, 06:31:52 pm
I think you head wrong big Chief the Pottsville students did not go into the Pocahontas student stands and act like fools!!!!!!!!   I am not making excuses, just stating the facts. Look like Pocahontas had a senior dominated team and the pressure got to  Pottsville in overtime, and once it come down to fouling Pocahontas was already in one and one on every foul, get a lead and make your foul shoots and it is impossible for the other team to come back. One lucky break is all it take in close a game. 
It is for sure that they have to depend on their speed to win games as they did not have a dominate big girl. If telling the truth is making excuses then you have a different view of what a excuse is. 
I had already congratulated Pocahontas in one of my early post not say they didn't deserve the win.
Like I said I was not there. Play to your strengths and that is what they did. But our coach has won a title before so I don't think it was just dumb luck or he should be thanking another coach for giving them a game. AND YOU DID SAY THAT.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas