• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A PLAYOFFS SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY..PER AAA

Started by BadDogGHSDogPound, November 12, 2009, 08:15:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redandgray

or just go old school and play the state championship at the highest seed or the top bracket's (which ever it is) school

Death_Knight

Quote from: redandgray on November 13, 2009, 09:08:41 am
or just go old school and play the state championship at the highest seed or the top bracket's (which ever it is) school
I have seen some Texas football played like that, usually at a neutral site about halfway between the two schools so that's cool.

Coach D44

This is ridiculous.  As bad as I feel for all teams, I feel that the #1 seeds are the ones really getting screwed over the most here.  They are going to have to go at least 3 weeks of practicing before playing a game! 

banddad71665

Why don't they let the unaffected playoff teams play this Friday as scheduled? 

Much effort and scheduling of officials, scheduling of employees, has been put in place, let the unaffected teams play Friday and have a week off next week.

Indiana Jones

Quote from: banddad71665 on November 13, 2009, 09:16:31 am

agree
then again we're talking about the aaa which is obviously run by idiots

football2

Much effort and scheduling of officials, scheduling of employees, has been put in place, let the unaffected teams play Friday and have a week off next week.

The problem with that would be that at the end, one team would likely have two weeks to prepare for a state title game, while the other would only have one week to prepare.

Captain_Caveman

Would that not be an unfair advantage for those teams.  You are basically talking about 8 of the 20 teams playing tonight directly involved in the decision.  I don't see how you can play when almost 50% is affected by the decision.  I hate it and wish we were playing.  I really see this being appealed and held up even longer.  I don't see the AAA taking this lying down after reading the Democrat today. 

banddad71665

Quote from: deucetrey on November 13, 2009, 09:19:16 am

The problem with that would be that at the end, one team would likely have two weeks to prepare for a state title game, while the other would only have one week to prepare.

Not what I stated.

1.  let the 6 games be played tonight.

2. Those 6 winners have a week off next week while the 8 teams affected by realignment of the bracket play next week.

3. In the 3rd week of the playoffs, 3A plays the 2nd round.

banddad71665

Changing the bracket, after the fact, is already unfair to any team involved.

football mom

Ok I just feel that this is wrong.  What is Lamar going to do for all the problems that it has caused?  They should have to pay all the schools and fans back all the money that they will be losing due to the games being canceled.  They should have respect and drop out and let the games go as planned.  This has such a impact on many thing including other sports.  Now everything is delayed.  I think the games should go as schedule!! >:(

Death_Knight

Quote from: football mom on November 13, 2009, 09:54:53 am
Ok I just feel that this is wrong.  What is Lamar going to do for all the problems that it has caused?  They should have to pay all the schools and fans back all the money that they will be losing due to the games being canceled.  They should have respect and drop out and let the games go as planned.  This has such a impact on many thing including other sports.  Now everything is delayed.  I think the games should go as schedule!! >:(
Schools may be losing money, but most fans aren't I for one will not go to a game tonight so they won't get my money.

trash talk

Quote from: ViewFromAbove on November 12, 2009, 09:23:19 pm
I HEAR BY REQUEST THAT EVERY SCHOOL IN THE 3A PLAYOFF BRACKET FILE AN INJUCTION WITH YOUR LOCAL CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE!!  TELL THEM THE AAA HAS HURT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP DUE TO THE ENORMOUS HARDSHIP CAUSED BY THIS UNBELIEVABLE DECISION!!!  And by the way, if you don't like a RULE in the AAA handbook, just contact the LAMAR lawyer!!! He must be better than Johnny Cochran!!!
if the rule being placed against them was actually in the book and clearly stated there wouldnt be a problem but it wasnt in the book and thats there fault AAA really needs to be clear on there rules and regulations!!!

marine

Im proud of Lamar standing up for their boys they did what anyone would have done feeling that they were in the right.   I hope they win State.

ladycatmom

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 12, 2009, 11:11:48 pm
Quote from: bbeagle on November 12, 2009, 09:58:02 pmIf they had followed the rules

I find it ironic that the AAA finally decides to drop the hammer on little Lamar and ignores years of rampant cheating by other well-known programs.

Well said.  Not all these players are making the "grades" or passing the "drug test".  Someone is fixing it so they don't lose those players.  It's all about winning ........

johnharrison

Yeah, it is about winning.  Way back in September the AAA Board sat down and said,  "We need a way to scru Lamar." 

Lamar KNEW they were in a gray area.  They didn't file the paperwork because they were afraid they get the wrong answer.  The hoped no one would notice they were sneaking in an inelible player in 09 instead of waiting to 10.

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: johnharrison on November 13, 2009, 06:28:32 am
Quote from: ScrapperMan on November 13, 2009, 01:06:38 am
If the first round is postponed they could just get rid of the lower seeds, re-align the brackets and have a four round playoff.

Ha!  Then you would have 16 3rd and 4rth seeds who got screwed far more than Lamar, most of which would sue, and at least one would find a judge who would side with them. 

Heck, Lutheran might even find one.

Lutheran is 2A.

football mom

Quote from: marine on November 13, 2009, 10:54:46 am
Im proud of Lamar standing up for their boys they did what anyone would have done feeling that they were in the right.   I hope they win State.

I think they are teaching the kids the wrong thing.  If they thought they was in the right then why did they ask any questions to begin with?  This world is going to be a bad place if every child doesn't get their way and just takes everything to court.  No it isn't the kids fault but why screw it up for everyone.  I for one think this is all wrong and ok let the kids play he has played this far but on the other hand the coaches knew that it was wrong so they got caught so bow out and try to fix it for next year and try to win it all, but this year be real men and say we tried and let the rest of the state play as planned.

Death_Knight

Quote from: trash talk on November 13, 2009, 10:06:42 am
Quote from: ViewFromAbove on November 12, 2009, 09:23:19 pm
I HEAR BY REQUEST THAT EVERY SCHOOL IN THE 3A PLAYOFF BRACKET FILE AN INJUCTION WITH YOUR LOCAL CIRCUIT COURT JUDGE!!  TELL THEM THE AAA HAS HURT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP DUE TO THE ENORMOUS HARDSHIP CAUSED BY THIS UNBELIEVABLE DECISION!!!  And by the way, if you don't like a RULE in the AAA handbook, just contact the LAMAR lawyer!!! He must be better than Johnny Cochran!!!
if the rule being placed against them was actually in the book and clearly stated there wouldnt be a problem but it wasnt in the book and thats there fault AAA really needs to be clear on there rules and regulations!!!
Are you sure it isn't Lamars fault since they DIDN'T file the freakin paperwork??

ozzie1

Quote from: football mom on November 13, 2009, 11:30:43 am

I think they are teaching the kids the wrong thing.  If they thought they was in the right then why did they ask any questions to begin with?  This world is going to be a bad place if every child doesn't get their way and just takes everything to court.  No it isn't the kids fault but why screw it up for everyone.  I for one think this is all wrong and ok let the kids play he has played this far but on the other hand the coaches knew that it was wrong so they got caught so bow out and try to fix it for next year and try to win it all, but this year be real men and say we tried and let the rest of the state play as planned.

What you think doesnt mean a hill of beans.  Those boys earned their wins on the field and deserve to be there.  The AAA will reap what they sow and after speaking to them last night, a few of them already see that.  If your team were in their shoes you would not be running your mouth.  The coaches called and called the AAA.  He only played a few defensive downs per game at Lamar but rsv had him in the line up and he holds alot of info on the racial fights going on at rsv.  2 rsv coaches said they would help him but they had already been told they would lose their job if they did.

whole da*n show

the problem with that is they are not in the right, even if you think they are right... when they put the rights of their school above the rights over nearly 30 other schools they were in the wrong... and i dont want to hear about "they are doing what anyone else would do" because there is no way to know what each and every school would do.

The Dynasty

Lamar is the kid who out put the snake in the teachers desk and won't fess up when the teacher asks who is responsible. So then the teacher disciplines the whole class for the actions of the one student.

Thanks Lamar!!!

Coltrane

I think it is important that everyone who is complaining and griping about Lamar's coaches, administration, players, and community step back for just a moment and put themselves in their shoes.  You have a community which is excited about a football program that has seen more success in the past two years than all the other years combined.  Coach Holland is a high-integrity coach and has surrounded himself by a very classy staff.  The administration chose to stick with him after over 10 years of winning 0-4 games a year.  That has to tell you something about the kind of person he is and the kind of program he runs.  He is not a "win's and losses's" kind of guy.

You have a school that consistently finishes in the upper echelon of schools in the state when it comes to test scores, performance, etc.  They have a strong track record of being one of the best public schools in the River Valley.  I know people who have moved their kids out of the Russellville School District for academic purposes that were in no way related to high school athletics. 

With that being said, the coaching staff decided to take in a kid who enjoyed the game of football but wasn't able to play it at Russellville due to concerns for his own SAFETY.  He isn't a college bound athlete or a game changing player.  He's just a kid that wanted to play football and the coaches at Lamar wanted to give him that opportunity. 

And I couldn't agree more with you Justin...it ticks me off that programs can maliciously recruit players to their athletic teams or find loopholes around academic or behavioral policies, yet they want to lay the hammer down on Lamar for this violation. 

luxora4life

Quote from: fiend on November 13, 2009, 11:57:39 am
I think it is important that everyone who is complaining and griping about Lamar's coaches, administration, players, and community step back for just a moment and put themselves in their shoes.  You have a community which is excited about a football program that has seen more success in the past two years than all the other years combined.  Coach Holland is a high-integrity coach and has surrounded himself by a very classy staff.  The administration chose to stick with him after over 10 years of winning 0-4 games a year.  That has to tell you something about the kind of person he is and the kind of program he runs.  He is not a "win's and losses's" kind of guy.

You have a school that consistently finishes in the upper echelon of schools in the state when it comes to test scores, performance, etc.  They have a strong track record of being one of the best public schools in the River Valley.  I know people who have moved their kids out of the Russellville School District for academic purposes that were in no way related to high school athletics. 

With that being said, the coaching staff decided to take in a kid who enjoyed the game of football but wasn't able to play it at Russellville due to concerns for his own SAFETY.  He isn't a college bound athlete or a game changing player.  He's just a kid that wanted to play football and the coaches at Lamar wanted to give him that opportunity. 

And I couldn't agree more with you Justin...it ticks me off that programs can maliciously recruit players to their athletic teams or find loopholes around academic or behavioral policies, yet they want to lay the hammer down on Lamar for this violation. 

Well, I was going to make a statement of disagreement with your post, but you said it all in the last sentence.

"Lamar for this violation".  See no matter what you people from Lamar or defending Lamar say, If they didn't file for a hardship and played the kid they are WRONG and GUILTY as charged. 

eagle-fan

An example of what this "late" issue causes... the domino effect:
   Parkers Chapel, 280 miles from Paris, had to raise funds to pay for a $3000 bus rental and it was NON refundable. They were to leave at 9AM this morning for the 6 hour trip. A true example of what's not fair to many schools in the middle of this, especially those traveling..
   I have rethought some things since late last night. I feel the AAA could have admitted that there were special considerations that they should have allowed them to allow Lamar to play, considering the students "problems" at Russellville. Even tho not brought up by the parents or school to the AAA (can't figure out why not), when it WAS brought up yesterday it seems like the AAA had an "out" and could have ruled based on the late information presented to them, allowed Lamar to play and prevented all the problems we are now seeing. And Sorrells of Atkins would have probably consented to NOT recommend a law suit, considering their record and being soundly beaten by Lamar on the field of play. That would have been a classy act on his and Atkins' parts. But the AAA seems like they want to go further with the legal processes. I am not sure that is correct, considering ALL avenues that could pursue. The "gray areas" could be addressed NEXT year in detail and new rules placed in the handbook. These are ratified by ALL the member schools of the AAA at that point.
   So I am more on the fence now on where to place any blame. Both entities could have done things differently but neither did.. Sharing fault is probably the best thing that could have been done in yesterday's meeting with the judge and we could have moved on without interruptions...  ???    :-\

omghi2u

Quote from: luxora4life on November 13, 2009, 12:16:50 pm

Well, I was going to make a statement of disagreement with your post, but you said it all in the last sentence.

"Lamar for this violation".  See no matter what you people from Lamar or defending Lamar say, If they didn't file for a hardship and played the kid they are WRONG and GUILTY as charged. 
I agree with that!

Although I'd hate to see Lamar lose their whole season, playoffs, ect - they did break the rules.

If they cancel playoffs...  there will be hail to pay..

BCC

Heck, I'm for playing the games as scheduled without Lamar.  No need for all of us to suffer.  The AAA is not going to change their rules for Lamar.

jackleg

if the player in question was not a "game-changing" player, did'nt even start but only played a few defensive plays per game, and Lamar followed the rules as put forth in the AAA handbook, then IMHO, the AAA appears to be nit-picking in this situation and should have let the games go on as scheduled. They could always come back and retroactively disqualify Lamar if that is indeed what the courts decide is the appropriate course of action. 
This is a screwed up situation. The AAA should try to salvage their reputation and agree to let Lamar play based on the circumstances involved. Or maybe Atkins should concede their spot to Lamar since Lamar won the contest between those two schools.  Somebody has to stand up an act like an adult here!   Or this could have very far-reaching consequences...i'm just saying!!!!

babydossett

Let me say this--Lamar has not screwed anyone!!! AAA is the ones who have screwed everyone.  They are the ones with the hands in the cookie jar.  I know football is everything to some people and it is like a worshipped thing so who is to say that AAA was right.  They are human-they DO make mistakes too.  Oh-unless you all think that AAA is God-oh wait, he isn't perfect either.  If any other little school out there actually knew that AAA was wrong they would have fought it too.  Don't take it out on Lamar for defending our kids.. if any mistake was made it was made by ADULTS not the kids-there needs to be a new rule or infraction that punishes the adults--not all these kids.  we are trying to teach morals and all these people downing Lamar need to think about what it is doing to the players----NOT THE dang COACHES-they are adults. A mother bear will always protect her cubs and if your cubs in danger--you go for the throat

johnharrison

Quote from: jackleg on November 13, 2009, 01:52:39 pm
if the player in question was not a "game-changing" player, did'nt even start but only played a few defensive plays per game, and Lamar followed the rules as put forth in the AAA handbook, then IMHO, the AAA appears to be nit-picking in this situation and should have let the games go on as scheduled. They could always come back and retroactively disqualify Lamar if that is indeed what the courts decide is the appropriate course of action. 
This is a screwed up situation. The AAA should try to salvage their reputation and agree to let Lamar play based on the circumstances involved. Or maybe Atkins should concede their spot to Lamar since Lamar won the contest between those two schools.  Somebody has to stand up an act like an adult here!   Or this could have very far-reaching consequences...i'm just saying!!!!

I see why you only have 3 posts.

No, you can't let a team play in an elimination tournament and then disqualify them later and try to decide WHICH of the teams they beat deserves that slot.  We've all seen that discussed in the past - It is a non starter.

jackleg

Or maybe Lamar should withdraw their injunction for now, let everyone go on about their business and games as scheduled, and then file a lawsuit against the AAA and sue them for punitive damages, etc., and hit'em where it hurts- in their pocketbook- IF that is determined to be the fault of the AAA.

But REGARDLESS, if this injunction/postponement stands as it is now, then every affected school could and probably should seek redress against the guilty party/parties, as determined by the court, because this is definitely bordering on cruel and unusual behavior, if not downright criminal treatment of these kids.

johnharrison

Or, let Lamar sit out of the playoffs and then file suit after they are over to ask that they be made 3A State Champions.

Coach D44

Quote from: babydossett on November 13, 2009, 02:08:09 pm
Let me say this--Lamar has not screwed anyone!!! AAA is the ones who have screwed everyone.  They are the ones with the hands in the cookie jar.  I know football is everything to some people and it is like a worshipped thing so who is to say that AAA was right.  They are human-they DO make mistakes too.  Oh-unless you all think that AAA is God-oh wait, he isn't perfect either.  If any other little school out there actually knew that AAA was wrong they would have fought it too.  Don't take it out on Lamar for defending our kids.. if any mistake was made it was made by ADULTS not the kids-there needs to be a new rule or infraction that punishes the adults--not all these kids.  we are trying to teach morals and all these people downing Lamar need to think about what it is doing to the players----NOT THE dang COACHES-they are adults. A mother bear will always protect her cubs and if your cubs in danger--you go for the throat
Did you just take a shot at God ?  Wow!  So please explain to us all of his flaws oh wise babydossett.

Death_Knight

Drink a little more kool-aid newbie

Sportsnutt

Quote from: jackleg on November 13, 2009, 01:52:39 pm
This is a screwed up situation. The AAA should try to salvage their reputation and agree to let Lamar play based on the circumstances involved. Or maybe Atkins should concede their spot to Lamar since Lamar won the contest between those two schools.  Somebody has to stand up an act like an adult here!   Or this could have very far-reaching consequences...i'm just saying!!!!

Can someone clear this up for me?  According to the Lamar posters, the player was not a huge contributor.  According to the Democrat this morning, he was a starting defensive end at Russellville as a Sophomore.  I am sorry but if a player started at a 7A school as a sophomore and transferred to a 3A school, he would be a contributor.  So, was he a starter or not?

johnharrison

Well if the mother bear is always going to defend  her cubs, I'd say just shoot her and get back to the picnic.

Administration should have told the family:

Three choices:
1) Your kids comes up for a safe environment, but no football
2)  Kids works things out and Russellville and plays
3)  You dot the i and cross the t, because just having a piece of paper that says "Granny is the guardian, at least until the day after football " doesn't satisfy AAA requirements."

jackleg

Quote from: johnharrison on November 13, 2009, 02:10:31 pm<br />
Quote from: jackleg on November 13, 2009, 01:52:39 pm<br />if the player in question was not a "game-changing" player, did'nt even start but only played a few defensive plays per game, and Lamar followed the rules as put forth in the AAA handbook, then IMHO, the AAA appears to be nit-picking in this situation and should have let the games go on as scheduled. They could always come back and retroactively disqualify Lamar if that is indeed what the courts decide is the appropriate course of action.  <br />This is a screwed up situation. The AAA should try to salvage their reputation and agree to let Lamar play based on the circumstances involved. Or maybe Atkins should concede their spot to Lamar since Lamar won the contest between those two schools.  Somebody has to stand up an act like an adult here!   Or this could have very far-reaching consequences...i'm just saying!!!!<br />
<br /><br />I see why you only have 3 posts.<br /><br />No, you can't let a team play in an elimination tournament and then disqualify them later and try to decide WHICH of the teams they beat deserves that slot.  We've all seen that discussed in the past - It is a non starter.<br />
well, if the kid is just a junior, then let him sit out until his status is determined. i mean, thats what all the fuss is about anyway, right? let the games go on and then see where everything stands at next week maybe!!  I'm just saying, basically, something needs to be done by somebody so these kids aren't robbed of everything they have worked for all year!

Btw, i don't even have a child participating in any of these games, but i am a fan and would hate to see the sport tarnished like this!
This is SAD!

sports_lover

I agree with you.  I have no doubt that Lamar's coach and administration acted in good faith.  The problem is that this would have never happened if the paperwork had been completed.  I don't understand why someone didn't make sure that every t was crossed and i was dotted.  Not completing the paperwork jeopardized this kid, the team, the community, etc.  I'm not a big AAA fan, but in this case, I don't see how they had any other choice but to uphold the rules voted on by each school district (including Lamar).  It's a sad situation, but Lamar didn't do what they needed to do to keep this from happening.  Now everyone is suffering.  It's not fair to anyone.  Maybe instead of Lamar's team being punished, the person in charge should have been punished.  That would have probably been the fairest thing to do.

Football Momma

Can someone clear this up for me?  According to the Lamar posters, the player was not a huge contributor.  According to the Democrat this morning, he was a starting defensive end at Russellville as a Sophomore.  I am sorry but if a player started at a 7A school as a sophomore and transferred to a 3A school, he would be a contributor.  So, was he a starter or not?
[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't see how he could be a starter at Russellville and not make a major difference at a 3A school. 

I do regret the actions of so few are affecting so many......  I hope they are able to resolve this TODAY. 

The Dynasty

Sports-Nutt, Lamar is a 3A powerhouse. that is why the kid could start at 7A Russellville and be relegated to mop up work at Lamar. I mean if it was not for the refs at Perryville Lamar would still be undefeated.

All joking aside it is funny to me that this kid was a starter at Russellville and Lamar insists he was not a factor on there team. If he was not that good and you did not need him to win that makes your decision to play him even more ignorant. Because of your ignorance Lamar every kid that plays for the 32 teams that fairly made the playoffs this year, they re the ones being unjustly punished. So keep playing the David vs Goliath card and poor, poor pitiful Lamar card while the rest of us set at home and wait for this disaster that your negligence  caused to hopefully get sorted out before graduation.

jackleg

Quote from: sports_lover on November 13, 2009, 02:27:52 pm<br />
Quote from: fiend on November 13, 2009, 11:57:39 am<br />I think it is important that everyone who is complaining and griping about Lamar's coaches, administration, players, and community step back for just a moment and put themselves in their shoes.  You have a community which is excited about a football program that has seen more success in the past two years than all the other years combined.  Coach Holland is a high-integrity coach and has surrounded himself by a very classy staff.  The administration chose to stick with him after over 10 years of winning 0-4 games a year.  That has to tell you something about the kind of person he is and the kind of program he runs.  He is not a "win's and losses's" kind of guy. <br /><br />You have a school that consistently finishes in the upper echelon of schools in the state when it comes to test scores, performance, etc.  They have a strong track record of being one of the best public schools in the River Valley.  I know people who have moved their kids out of the Russellville School District for academic purposes that were in no way related to high school athletics.  <br /><br />With that being said, the coaching staff decided to take in a kid who enjoyed the game of football but wasn't able to play it at Russellville due to concerns for his own SAFETY.  He isn't a college bound athlete or a game changing player.  He's just a kid that wanted to play football and the coaches at Lamar wanted to give him that opportunity.  <br /><br />And I couldn't agree more with you Justin...it ticks me off that programs can maliciously recruit players to their athletic teams or find loopholes around academic or behavioral policies, yet they want to lay the hammer down on Lamar for this violation.  <br />
<br /><br />I agree with you.  I have no doubt that Lamar's coach and administration acted in good faith.  The problem is that this would have never happened if the paperwork had been completed.  I don't understand why someone didn't make sure that every t was crossed and i was dotted.  Not completing the paperwork jeopardized this kid, the team, the community, etc.  I'm not a big AAA fan, but in this case, I don't see how they had any other choice but to uphold the rules voted on by each school district (including Lamar).  It's a sad situation, but Lamar didn't do what they needed to do to keep this from happening.  Now everyone is suffering.  It's not fair to anyone.  Maybe instead of Lamar's team being punished, the person in charge should have been punished.  That would have probably been the fairest thing to do.<br />

Yes indeed, i hate it for Lamar's kids, it was'nt their fault, but rules are rules and should'nt be changed for one school AT THE EXPENSE OF EVERYONE ELSE!!

babydossett

Quote from: Coach D44 on November 13, 2009, 02:14:42 pm
Did you just take a shot at God ?  Wow!  So please explain to us all of his flaws oh wise babydossett.

I was merely stating that alot of people are trating AAA like they are Gods--the know all of football..they make mistakes too!!  Not perfect. Neither is Lamar--mistakes were made

babydossett

Quote from: Death_Knight on November 13, 2009, 02:18:40 pm
Drink a little more kool-aid newbie

AWWWW--I said something you didn't like--AWWWW--you need a binky or a blankey, cause it looks to me like u a newbie too MR 359 posts!!!!

Fence Jockey

I am not a member of a 3AA school, but I do have some concerns about this in general from a legal aspect  & where it may lead, so I have a question for whoever can maybe answer it, Why has the AAA now decided that a legal document that they have honored for a long time a "caregiver authority affidavit" as mentioned in the below clip out of the ADG article now has become invalid? This document is what the AAA used to mandate in order to determine the status of who was a students guardian. By what is printed in this article the Grandparents are the legal gaurdian's of this kid. They reside in the Lamar school district. So why the change in interpitation of this long standing policy all of the sudden?

Quote out of AGD article:
QuoteThe player, a 6-1, 180-pound junior defensive end, transferred from Russellville, where Taylor said he started as a sophomore, to Lamar this school year and moved in with his grandparents. The player's parents signed custodianship to his grandparents through what Taylor called a caregiver authority affidavit, but Taylor ruled that didn't qualify as a "complete and bona fide move" that is required for junior-year transfers to be eligible to play.

Now with all this said, Taylor was on a live radio show this AM & out of his own mouth he said the problem developed when it was found out that the natural parents were residing in their old home, not in Lamar. So what? Under law it makes no differance where they reside, they are not a factor in this deal legally, the Grandparents are the Legal guardian's. From what I heard, this is what the judge may have looked at when he gave his order. The AAA may have extended their boundries on this one. Yes they have rules, but their rules must operate under the rules of the legal system. And under the legal system, the kid is a legal ward of the Grandparents, the Grandparents live inside of the Lamar school district, therefore he is to be considered a legal student inside that system. Where the birth parents reside is not an issue but that is where Taylor put all his defence in this issue. It would be no differant on this kid than it would be for a foster child or an exchange student.

I do not know what is going on here. I think we have not heard the whole story yet. All I can say is it is fixing to open a "Pandora's Box". There are alot of players on teams out here that are playing under this "caregiver authority affidavit"  and if this thing is ruled in the favor of the AAA & it new ruling is upheld, we may have only saw the start of the issues. All it would take is for people to start making phone calls to report this new illegal activitiy & is all are now illegal where do we stop? This could go all the way from 7A clean down thru the B rank because there are alot of kids participating in sports that fall under this clause!

Sorry for the long post, but I tried to make myself as clear as I could! Thanks!

Sportsnutt

Quote from: Fence Jockey on November 13, 2009, 02:50:05 pm
I am not a member of a 3AA school, but I do have some concerns about this in general from a legal aspect  & where it may lead, so I have a question for whoever can maybe answer it, Why has the AAA now decided that a legal document that they have honored for a long time a "caregiver authority affidavit" as mentioned in the below clip out of the ADG article now has become invalid? This document is what the AAA used to mandate in order to determine the status of who was a students guardian. By what is printed in this article the Grandparents are the legal gaurdian's of this kid. They reside in the Lamar school district. So why the change in interpitation of this long standing policy all of the sudden?

Quote out of AGD article:
QuoteThe player, a 6-1, 180-pound junior defensive end, transferred from Russellville, where Taylor said he started as a sophomore, to Lamar this school year and moved in with his grandparents. The player’s parents signed custodianship to his grandparents through what Taylor called a caregiver authority affidavit, but Taylor ruled that didn’t qualify as a “complete and bona fide move” that is required for junior-year transfers to be eligible to play.

Now with all this said, Taylor was on a live radio show this AM & out of his own mouth he said the problem developed when it was found out that the natural parents were residing in their old home, not in Lamar. So what? Under law it makes no differance where they reside, they are not a factor in this deal legally, the Grandparents are the Legal guardian's. From what I heard, this is what the judge may have looked at when he gave his order. The AAA may have extended their boundries on this one. Yes they have rules, but their rules must operate under the rules of the legal system. And under the legal system, the kid is a legal ward of the Grandparents, the Grandparents live inside of the Lamar school district, therefore he is to be considered a legal student inside that system. Where the birth parents reside is not an issue but that is where Taylor put all his defence in this issue. It would be no differant on this kid than it would be for a foster child or an exchange student.

I do not know what is going on here. I think we have not heard the whole story yet. All I can say is it is fixing to open a "Pandora's Box". There are alot of players on teams out here that are playing under this "caregiver authority affidavit"  and if this thing is ruled in the favor of the AAA & it new ruling is upheld, we may have only saw the start of the issues. All it would take is for people to start making phone calls to report this new illegal activitiy & is all are now illegal where do we stop? This could go all the way from 7A clean down thru the B rank because there are alot of kids participating in sports that fall under this clause!

Sorry for the long post, but I tried to make myself as clear as I could! Thanks!

To transfer legal guardianship, a court must approve it.  A notarized letter is not acceptable legally.  If you have ever been involved with foster kids or adopted kids, you would understand the difference.  Legally, that notarized piece of paper means nothing.

lhsdad

I think that it is interesting that there is a lot of negative publicity toward Lamar and their administration.  The real issue here is that the court system has determined that Lamar is NOT GUILTY.  The anamosity should be aimed at the false acusers.  Those who spent their energy trying to make a big deal out of this.  After all,  they are the ones to blame for the delay of tonights games.

An innocent person has the right to defend themselves in this great country of ours.  The facts presented to the judge in pope county,  the most likely home of the acusers, were weighed and Lamar was found to be in the right.

Go find out who the persons are that falsely acused Lamar and then you will have the right people to blame for all of this.

johnharrison

Quote from: lhsdad on November 13, 2009, 03:06:51 pm
I think that it is interesting that there is a lot of negative publicity toward Lamar and their administration.  The real issue here is that the court system has determined that Lamar is NOT GUILTY.  The anamosity should be aimed at the false acusers.  Those who spent their energy trying to make a big deal out of this.  After all,  they are the ones to blame for the delay of tonights games.

An innocent person has the right to defend themselves in this great country of ours.  The facts presented to the judge in pope county,  the most likely home of the acusers, were weighed and Lamar was found to be in the right.

Go find out who the persons are that falsely acused Lamar and then you will have the right people to blame for all of this.
no the judge didn't do that

football mom

Is there a chance that the games can be played tomorrow night?  That way the weeks ahead can go as schedule. 

True Fan

Quote from: football mom on November 13, 2009, 03:15:33 pm
Is there a chance that the games can be played tomorrow night?  That way the weeks ahead can go as schedule. 

Only if everything was completely settled today. And, that doesn't appear to even be close to happening.

football mom

Quote from: True Fan on November 13, 2009, 03:22:19 pm
Quote from: football mom on November 13, 2009, 03:15:33 pm

Only if everything was completely settled today. And, that doesn't appear to even be close to happening.

Will keep fingers crossed!!  Are they still in a meeting about it?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas