• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

beach bum

Chelsea will have to keep Barcelona to 0 or 1 goal in my opinion to have a shot in this.... Make sure Barcelona doesn't go home with some away goals and it will be some pressure on Barcelona when they match up in the 2nd match in Spain.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on February 20, 2018, 09:09:50 am
Chelsea will have to keep Barcelona to 0 or 1 goal in my opinion to have a shot in this.... Make sure Barcelona doesn't go home with some away goals and it will be some pressure on Barcelona when they match up in the 2nd match in Spain.

Chelsea and Barcelona faced off in the UCL in 2012. Chelsea went on to win the champions league.

Looks like man city has the EPL locked. Hoping Chelsea can win the champions league and FA.

beach bum

Willian hits the post twice and Chelsea flat out controlled the first half of that match. I hope they don't end up regretting not finishing the chances cause they made Barcelona look very average in the first 45 minutes.

beach bum

And within about a minute Willian shuts me up haha.... He got his goal. He has been a stud this match.

beach bum

Soccer can be harsh... Chelsea flat out destroying them and then Chelsea has a blunder defensively and just gift wraps Barcelona a goal to level the match.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Willian. Man, had two missed opportunities. Chelsea was on goal a ton of times.

I can't stand Luis Suarez.

beach bum

Suarez literally complained all match...  Chelsea deserved a win how much they frustrated Barcelona the whole match.

beach bum

Neymar out possibly the rest of club season... Not a big fan of his as I see him as a little bit of a diva but hope he can get back for the World Cup.

1-Adam-12

Things got very ugly at the end of West Ham's game with Burnley yesterday.  After Burnley scored the first goal, a fan ran onto the pitch and other fans started chanting at the director's box. 

Burnley scored twice more and both times more people got onto the pitch.  The fans started yelling at each other and the directors had to be removed for their own safety. 

It was so bad in the stands that Burnley allowed some young West Ham fans to sit on their bench to get away from the chaos.

There is serious talk of a fine, a points deduction, having to play one or more matches behind closed doors, or a combination of the three.

beach bum

I saw that.... West Ham can not afford to have points deducted cause they may very well go down. It's getting really tight down there from like 12th to 19th.

beach bum

LA FC is taking MLS by fire early.... Two road matches and 6 points. They thrashed Real Salt Lake 5-1 yesterday and a win at Seattle a week before. They may lead the MLS in goals the attack they seem to have. It will all come down to how their defense holds up.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Right now, I think that everyone 8th (Leicester City) and above are safe.  Even Everton, in 9th at 37, aren't entirely out of the woods.

West Ham and Southampton are in a shambles and yet they remain above the relegation zone. Crystal Palace are playing better, but would go down if the season ended today.  I have seen nothing from Stoke that would indicate they are going anywhere, and West Brom may as well be relegated already.

Looking at the Championship, Wolves are in great shape to make a return to the Prem, and Cardiff City hold down the 2nd automatic promotion spot.  Currently the playoffs would involve Aston Villa, Derby County, Fulham and Middlesbrough, though anyone down to 10th (Millwall) have realistic chances.

Longfellow

When Kane left the match, I said to myself, "oh boy the Cherries may pull this one out" and then Son Heung-Min happened

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on March 11, 2018, 12:51:32 pm
When Kane left the match, I said to myself, "oh boy the Cherries may pull this one out" and then Son Heung-Min happened

He certainly has been playing incredibly lately...

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 11, 2018, 12:24:41 pm
Right now, I think that everyone 8th (Leicester City) and above are safe.  Even Everton, in 9th at 37, aren't entirely out of the woods.

West Ham and Southampton are in a shambles and yet they remain above the relegation zone. Crystal Palace are playing better, but would go down if the season ended today.  I have seen nothing from Stoke that would indicate they are going anywhere, and West Brom may as well be relegated already.

Looking at the Championship, Wolves are in great shape to make a return to the Prem, and Cardiff City hold down the 2nd automatic promotion spot.  Currently the playoffs would involve Aston Villa, Derby County, Fulham and Middlesbrough, though anyone down to 10th (Millwall) have realistic chances.

I am dreaming of Fulham, Aston Villa, and Wolves coming up. Either Fulham or Aston Villa will have to jump Cardiff and get 2nd for that to happen though.

1-Adam-12

The Greek Football Federation has suspended play in its Super League (their Premier League equivalent) after the owner of PAOK went onto the pitch with a gun after a late goal by his team was disallowed.

Oh boy.  What next?

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 12, 2018, 05:45:47 pm
The Greek Football Federation has suspended play in its Super League (their Premier League equivalent) after the owner of PAOK went onto the pitch with a gun after a late goal by his team was disallowed.

Oh boy.  What next?

I thought guns were only a problem in Merica and Europe had it figured out?

beach bum

Sevilla takes out Man United 2-1 at Old Trafford in the Champions League... I love it. One more spot to be decided between Barcelona and Chelsea..... With Bayern Munich, Roma, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Liverpool, Man City, and Juventus waiting on them in the quarterfinals already. It's going to take a great effort, but I think Chelsea can grit out a 1-1 performance again and send it to PK's tomorrow. We will see. They frustrated Barcelona the first match and honestly deserved the win. They had many chances against Barcelona and gift wrapped Barcelona their only goal the first time when Messi pounced on a Chelsea back line miscue.

AirWarren

Chelsea getting outclassed by Barcelona.

Correction.

Lionel Messi is outclassing Chelsea FC.

beach bum

If I am feeling spunky enough in the coming days I think I am going to buy myself a couple tickets to Mexico vs Croatia in Dallas on the 27th next week.... They say Modric and Rakitic will be playing so I would love to see them play in person. And this way they'll be at least one person not rooting for Mexico in Dallas haha cause I imagine their fans will pack it out for that big and rare of a friendly.

Longfellow

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on March 23, 2018, 10:07:03 am
Zlatan Imbrahimovic to the LA Galaxy

I love that. They are saying if he plays a week from today expect the MLS television ratings to be broken for a single match when LA Galaxy plays LAFC between

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on March 24, 2018, 01:57:46 pm
I love that. They are saying if he plays a week from today expect the MLS television ratings to be broken for a single match when LA Galaxy plays LAFC between
I'm not really an MLS guy, but this might get to attend a game

beach bum

Oh my goodness.... The legend of Zlatan will just not go away. That debut goal was out of this world for LA Galaxy. He leveled the match at 3-3 just shy of the 80th minute against LAFC from nearly the half way line.

beach bum

-Ronaldo puts on such a show at Juventus in the Champions League quarterfinals with an assist and two goals that after his bicycle kick goal the away fans cheered him. The man just won't let his greatness die even at his age

-Liverpool ran Man City off the pitch today 3-0 at Anfield in their quarterfinal match. That means 1 goal by Liverpool next week will probably almost surely get them through to the semifinals

-Barcelona and Bayern Munich look in control of their quartfinal ties as well

1-Adam-12

Amazing comeback by Man United to deny (for now) City the PL title.

They will get it.  But great resolve by United saying "not against us, you don't".

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on April 07, 2018, 10:24:52 pm
Amazing comeback by Man United to deny (for now) City the PL title.

They will get it.  But great resolve by United saying "not against us, you don't".

That was crazy for them to do that at the Ethiad too.... We'll see if Man City can pull the miracle in 3 days against Liverpool. It will take 3-0 or 4-0 for them to get it done. Man U played on fire the 2nd half today.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Not gonna lie. Quickly Becomimg an Orlando City FC Fan! Those purple Lions make soccer fun!!

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on April 08, 2018, 04:56:29 pm
Not gonna lie. Quickly Becomimg an Orlando City FC Fan! Those purple Lions make soccer fun!!

When I went down there in December their sports teams in Orlando really grew on me... UCF was about to play Auburn so people were fired up about that. I went to a Magic game which had a huge crowd even though they stink. I had no clue Orlando has the highest concentration of Brazilians in the country per capita. I can only guess that's why Kaka finished up there. I started chatting it up with some Brazilians in my section at the Magic game about Orlando City and I came away so impressed with their soccer culture down there and what they have going there. Always amazing how much those Brazilians love their soccer. Orlando City is definitely my favorite MLS team in the East.

AirWarren

beach bum

What an insane day in the Champions League....

-Liverpool wins 1-2 today in Manchester to beat Man City 5-1 on aggregate

-Roma just shocked Barcelona by winning 3-0 today in Rome.... Roma's lone away goal will put them through with them both 4-4 on aggregate. The fans are going wild in Rome.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Chelsea was down 2-0 to Southampton. Dead to rights.

Giroud, Hazard, then Giroud again. Win 3-2.

Longfellow

Crystal Palace leads Brighton 3-2 in the 42nd minute. That's some bad defense

beach bum

I want Palace to stay up so that Chelsea come back was huge as Southampton is digging themselves closely into a relegation bunker.... And I have been watching this Palace v Brighton game too. I like Palace cause they always go forward which leads to these wild games sometimes. I bet it slows down in the 2nd half but who knows... Palace needed these 3 points to feel a little better about staying up. 3 points here from Crystal Palace and we may already know our 3 relegated teams barring a miracle from Stoke and Southampton down the stretch where they string together something like 10 points in the last 5 matches for them. That's highly unlikely.

AirWarren

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Losing to bottom side West Brom.

At Old Trafford.

After that magnificent second half against City.

Unbelievable.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on April 15, 2018, 02:48:59 pm
Losing to bottom side West Brom.

At Old Trafford.

After that magnificent second half against City.

Unbelievable.

Imo.

Paul pogba's performance today showed why no big names go after him.

Alexis Sanchez may be becoming one of the most overrated players in soccer.

beach bum

You have to love the beauty and misery for certain supporters of clubs around the world.... tiny, little Accrington Stanley located in between the cities of Blackburn and Burnley will be playing Sunderland next year in League One has Accrington just clinched promotion today up to League One next year and Sunderland is going to drop again after just dropping last year from the Premier League. Accrington Stanley has been playing most of its existence in non league football until the last decade in League Two. Now, they are just one step away from the Championship. Sunderland is just too big to not at least get back to the Championship soon. The Stadium of Light seats 50K and will be hosting League One matches next year which is unbelievable. I can't see them in League One more than a year or two.

1-Adam-12

Arsenal has announced that Arsene Wenger will be leaving the club at the end of the season.

Whatever people's thoughts, it cannot be denied that Wenger has been a very influential manager and one of the best ever.

Well done, sir.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on April 20, 2018, 06:21:02 am
Arsenal has announced that Arsene Wenger will be leaving the club at the end of the season.

Whatever people's thoughts, it cannot be denied that Wenger has been a very influential manager and one of the best ever.

Well done, sir.

Wenger is a hall of fame coach. But like most things, sometimes your time runs out on what you can do for a program.

Best wishes.

But for Arsenal, I wish you no luck haha.

beach bum

Arsenal are in a do or die situation in the Europa League in my book. They need to win it to set them up for the years to come. If they can win the Europa League and secure another year of a 5th Premier League club in the Champions League they will gain a little more money and be able to hopefully lure some players with a new manager coming to the club. If they go back to the Europa League again next year it may set them back another half decade in their attempt to get back near the top of the football world. I think Atletico Madrid may be too much for them from a defensive standpoint and probably will knock them out. Who knows cause Arsenal knows exactly what I said. Atletico knows it already has a Champions League spot wrapped up through its La Liga finish it will achieve. Arsenal must be desperate knowing it must win the Europa League title to get back to the point it wants to be.

beach bum

I am really starting to grow an appreciation for the Championship division... It always has a lot of parity and surprise each year. Watching a good London derby of Millwall vs Fulham right now has me thinking about the promotion/relegation situation down there with 3 matches left for everyone except 4 clubs with 1 make up game left including 2nd place Cardiff. Here is how its looking down in the Championship

-Wolverhampton have already secured promotion, they easily look better than 6 or 7 Premier League clubs currently

-2nd place is Cardiff's to lose with Fulham and Aston Villa with tiny hopes of securing the last automatic promotion spot. Cardiff has a tougher schedule but a match in hand. Their next 2 games may decide if they get it. Fulham and Aston Villa have played better than Cardiff the 2nd half of the season but Fulham especially started off slow.

-If Fulham and Aston Villa can't get the last spot, they will certainly at least be in the playoff spots 3-6

-the final two playoff spots currently are way up in the air with Middlesbrough under Tony Pulis and Millwall fresh up from League One last year

-Derby County are just a point back of them at 7th currently with Preston North End, Sheffield United, Brentford, and Bristol City 3 and 4 points respectively each back from a playoff spot. A hot finish by one of them and Middlesbrough or Millwall lagging one of them could slip in the last spots

-Burton Albion and Sunderland are pretty much done for and headed to League One with Barnsley a slim chance to escape if they can win a couple matches with a game in hand of the others

-Birmingham City and Bolton with a losing streak could be passed by Barnsley if all goes wrong

-This leaves Ipswich Town, Norwich City, Leeds United, Queens Park Rangers, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Hull City, and Reading in the middle of the table all knowing they'll spend at least one more season in Championship division

1-Adam-12

The Championship has some very high quality football, better than many countries' top league. I enjoy it when I get to watch one of their matches.

1-Adam-12

Sunderland are officially relegated to League One after their loss to Burton Albion yesterday.

That win kept Burton's hopes for staying up alive, and their next match is home to Bolton, who sit two points ahead of them.  They close the season at Preston.  Meanwhile, Bolton are at home to Nottingham Forest on the last day.

Barnsley have probably the toughest road.  They play their match-in-hand at Forest on Tuesday, then are at home to Brentford and have to close at Derby County, both of whom are fighting for a playoff spot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas