• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Coaches Coaching AAU?

Started by Coach RoundBall, March 03, 2011, 07:47:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach RoundBall

Are Head Coaches allowed to Coach their kids in the summer for summer leagues or AAU?

Coach RoundBall

Anybody? Someone's gotta know the rule in Arkansas.

Basketballfan13

I've never done anything with AAU, nor have I ever coached any of my players for AAU but from what I've read and heard a head coach from a high school can coach his/her own players for AAU as long as there are other athletes on the team that are not on the original high school team(have at least one player from another school), and the AAU team can in no way be connected to the high school as far as using high school money or equipment(including jerseys). Could be wrong, but that's what I took from it when I read up on the topic.

Baller Fan35

Quote from: Coach RoundBall on March 03, 2011, 07:47:58 pm
Are Head Coaches allowed to Coach their kids in the summer for summer leagues or AAU?
Yes they can

neds

Quote from: Baller Fan35 on March 09, 2011, 11:08:06 pm
Quote from: Coach RoundBall on March 03, 2011, 07:47:58 pm
Yes they can

I believe you are correct.  Other states (TX) prohibit this, but I don't believe AR does.

Sportsnutt

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 07, 2011, 08:55:34 pm
I've never done anything with AAU, nor have I ever coached any of my players for AAU but from what I've read and heard a head coach from a high school can coach his/her own players for AAU as long as there are other athletes on the team that are not on the original high school team(have at least one player from another school), and the AAU team can in no way be connected to the high school as far as using high school money or equipment(including jerseys). Could be wrong, but that's what I took from it when I read up on the topic.

This only applies when school is in session.  Once school is out for the summer, they can coach their own team in camps, tournaments, etc.  The only exception is the dead period.  During the school year, they must have at least one player that is not on their school team.

b-ball fan

The catch is if a coach from ur school coaches an AAU team with kids from other schools and one of those kids moves to your school then it can be (probably is) a recruiting violation!

porkypen

High School Coach coaching any of his kids may not do so during the dead period; regardless if there are other kids are not. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas