• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Classifications if the Rumored Restructure Proposal Passes

Started by Ice Water, May 03, 2017, 10:37:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Cajun Hog on July 28, 2017, 04:06:18 pm
I'm hearing that they want 8 teams in each conferences, no more 9 or 10 teams in a league.  It really hurt team on non-conference games and was one of the problems.  Along with force league game before Thanksgiving.
Anywhere between 7 and 9 teams are permitted by the AAA handbook. It was those 10-team districts that caused headaches. It meant 18 district games, and teams only get 20 games with 3 tournaments or 22 games with 2 tournaments.
A nine-team 4A conference in the northwest isn't bad and may be the key, but the west one definitely needs 8 with Subi in the picture. It could pick up a Mena or a Robinson and let another 4A conference have 7 teams.

Brian G

It might be time to revisit the maximum number of games rule.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: dodger on July 26, 2017, 10:21:50 am
First crack at the 4A if this passes for basketball/baseball/softball/etc:

Northwest: Berryville, Farmington, Gentry, Gravette, Huntsville, Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, Shiloh Christian
West: Clarksville, Dardanelle, Dover, Harrison, Morrilton, Ozark, Pottsville, Subiaco Academy
Northeast: Blytheville, Brookland, Forrest City, Highland, Pocahontas, Valley View, Westside, Wynne
Central: Batesville, Batesville Southside, Bauxite, eStem, Heber Springs, Lonoke, Pulaski Academy, Joe T. Robinson
Southeast: Crossett, Hamburg, McClellan, Mills, Monticello, Star City, Stuttgart, Warren
Southwest: Arkadelphia, Camden Fairview, DeQueen, Hope, Magnolia, Malvern, Mena, Nashville

Northwest is pretty compact and easy to put together.  West isn't terrible as a primarily River Valley conference.  Harrison is a bit of an outlier, but reunited with longtime 5A West foes Clarksville & Morrilton.  10 schools that could fit into the Northeast, but dropping the two Batesville area schools into the Central is the easiest move.  Central is reasonably compact.  Southeast and Southwest become pretty easily to sort out at this point.

Too lazy to match up the conference numbers, but I like the geographic names rather than the district numbers.  To me, it's more descriptive to have the 4A Northwest or 4A West instead of 4A-1 and 4A-4.

Northwest: Berryville, Farmington, Gentry, Gravette, Huntsville, Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, Shiloh Christian
West: Clarksville, Dardanelle, Dover, Harrison, Morrilton, Ozark, Pottsville, Subiaco Academy
Northeast: Blytheville, Brookland, Forrest City, Highland, Pocahontas, Valley View, Westside, Wynne
Central: Batesville, Batesville Southside, eStem, Heber Springs, Lonoke, Pulaski Academy, McClellan, Mills
Southeast: Camden Fairview, Crossett, Hamburg, Magnolia, Monticello, Star City, Stuttgart, Warren
Southwest: Arkadelphia, Bauxite, DeQueen, Hope, Joe T Robinson, Malvern, Mena, Nashville

I like how you set up your conferences. This is just a look at a way the AAA could change them up a little in the central, southeast, and southwest. Has anyone heard any more info on when we might get a look at them?

Lionheart88

Quote from: GuvHog on May 03, 2017, 11:32:07 am
Me either. That would make the 5A Conferences look something like this:

5A EAST
Jonesboro
West Memphis
Marion
Searcy
Green County Tech
Paragould
Nettleton
Beebe

5A WEST
Russellville
Siloam Springs
Mountain Home
Greenwood
Greenbrier
Alma
Vilonia
Maumelle

5A SOUTH 
Lake Hamilton
H.S. Lakeside
Hot Springs
Watson Chapel
White Hall
Texarkana
Eldorado
Sheridan

5A CENTRAL
Benton
Sylvan Hills
LR Hall
Jacksonville
LR Parkview
Pine Bluff
J.A. Fair
LR Christian

I'd flip PB and Sheridan.  Sheridan is closer to every one of the Central schools than PB is, I think (away frm my PC right now), and it makes more sense to me to keep the three Jefferson County schools together, the same as the three Garland County schools.  Granted, Sheridan is probably closer to all the non-Jefferson County schools than PB also, but I just don't like breaking up a local group if it isn't necessary.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 04, 2017, 02:09:53 pm
I'd flip PB and Sheridan.  Sheridan is closer to every one of the Central schools than PB is, I think (away frm my PC right now), and it makes more sense to me to keep the three Jefferson County schools together, the same as the three Garland County schools.  Granted, Sheridan is probably closer to all the non-Jefferson County schools than PB also, but I just don't like breaking up a local group if it isn't necessary.

The Mileage difference between the 2 is minimal. Not enough to haggle over. It could be done either way.

tevez

Quote from: GuvHog on May 03, 2017, 11:32:07 am
Me either. That would make the 5A Conferences look something like this:

5A EAST
Jonesboro
West Memphis
Marion
Searcy
Green County Tech
Paragould
Nettleton
Beebe

5A WEST
Russellville
Siloam Springs
Mountain Home
Greenwood
Greenbrier
Alma
Vilonia
Maumelle

5A SOUTH 
Lake Hamilton
H.S. Lakeside
Hot Springs
Watson Chapel
White Hall
Texarkana
Eldorado
Sheridan

5A CENTRAL
Benton
Sylvan Hills
LR Hall
Jacksonville
LR Parkview
Pine Bluff
J.A. Fair
LR Christian

Could be Beebe to the Central, Mountain Home to the East, and LR Christian back to the West. MH has already been in the conference with Jonesboro and West Memphis, I could see that continuing to happen.

South Central

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 04, 2017, 02:09:53 pm

Only thing is, all 3 Jefferson County schools drive through Sheridan to get to the 3 Garland County schools. And I can see AAA splitting PB from the other 2. they are accustomed to being in different conferences.

Lionheart88

Pine Bluff would also drive through White Hall to go anywhere in the Central, so I'm not sure that means much.  In fact, with the exception of El Dorado and the back way to Texarkana, WC and PB drive through White Hall to get anywhere in the South or Central.

NWA Hawg

Any one heard any news on when the new conferences might be released.

Big Red Fan

Anyone else hearing whispers that if this goes over well the next two years that Football may follow suit in the 20-22 cycle?

Lions84

Quote from: B.G. on July 29, 2017, 05:39:50 pm
It might be time to revisit the maximum number of games rule.

Yes back in the 1960's teams played 12 games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas