• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Hall treks up the Mountains to Harrison (watch out for Elk, Deer, Squatches!)

Started by Go Postal, November 04, 2018, 10:51:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

This will be the 1st football playoff game ever played in F.S. Garrison Stadium (Goblin Stadium).  The (W1) Harrison Golden Goblins of the West conference will host the (C4) White Hall Bulldogs from the Central conference.
The Bulldogs (5-4-0) have the following record:
Quick Stats
Receiving Yards Per Game   181.3
Rushing Yards Per Game   208.4
Total TDs   35
Tackles Per Game   63.1
Sacks   25.0
Interceptions   7

The Golden Goblins (10-0-0) have the following record:
Quick Stats
Receiving Yards Per Game   134.4
Rushing Yards Per Game   248.3
Total TDs   55
Tackles Per Game   56.5
Sacks   17.0
Interceptions   13

But none of that really matters.  This is now playoffs and all teams start out 0-0-0.  One loss and you're out.  Good luck to both teams.

Comments and insights are welcome.

incogneto

White Hall 28 - Harrison 21 is my upset special.  White Hall matches up well against Harrison. 

hogjay

We will find out right away how good Harrison is.  White Hall is the best 4 seed in the playoffs.  Harrison will be tested and probably win, but we will see how far they will go after the 1st round

Reddie20

With the game being at Harrison, the Goblins will have a big time advantage on the field.  White Hall will have to beat Harrison by 14+ points because if they leave it close or in someone else's hands it will end up costing them.  They will have to play a clean game: no turnovers and keeping their composure when adversity hits.  But I do agree that White Hall is the toughest 4th seed and the past two years, there have been two 4th seed upsets. 

LRCA over White Hall in 2016
Morrilton over Watson Chapel in 2017
White Hall over Harrison in 2018?? we will find out

woopork

Quote from: Reddie20 on November 05, 2018, 12:04:32 pm
With the game being at Harrison, the Goblins will have a big time advantage on the field.  White Hall will have to beat Harrison by 14+ points because if they leave it close or in someone else's hands it will end up costing them.  They will have to play a clean game: no turnovers and keeping their composure when adversity hits.  But I do agree that White Hall is the toughest 4th seed and the past two years, there have been two 4th seed upsets. 

LRCA over White Hall in 2016
Morrilton over Watson Chapel in 2017

White Hall over Harrison in 2018?? we will find out

Both of those years it was due to a weaker conference and the west is weaker than the central. We will are just how much weaker.

Go Postal

Bulldog on the way to play with the Goblin

Bulldog after playing with the Goblin

GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME

Go Postal

The Goblins welcomes the Bulldogs to the Ozarks.

Just because Harrison is just North of Dogpatch

or just South of Branson

Doesn't mean that these Goblins don't know how to Rock.

STBruin

Quote from: hogjay on November 05, 2018, 11:10:37 am
We will find out right away how good Harrison is.  White Hall is the best 4 seed in the playoffs.  Harrison will be tested and probably win, but we will see how far they will go after the 1st round

I agree, this is a big game for Harrison, could be a huge upset. Met a kid that plays for Harrison this summer at the beach, and he did say that this could be Harrison's year....now you lose you go home, so the pressure gets dialed up. Some teams thrive under it, and some teams cave...time to see which Harrison is.

Go Postal

Freight Train

Harrison will win this game. WH is not dominant enough in all phases of the game to win at Harrison. I predict Harrison wins by 2-3 TDs.

Go Postal

I just saw on GobTV that admission tickets for Friday's playoff game went up to $6 to get in.  Just FYI.
Bulldog fans and visitors, if you haven't been to the Goblin Stadium before, restrooms are below the home stands and so is the concession stand but Goblin bag specials (burger, chip, drink) should be near the grill to the left of the home seats   There will probably be drink stands closer to the visitors side near the flag in front of the Cash Center (indoor practice building and gym).  We just added more visitor's seating but you are always welcome to sit on the home side.  I'm not sure of how many thousands can sit in the Stadium but I remember one time it was standing room only when rival Mtn Home came to town.  The Stadium is on Burl's Way behind the middle school.  There is small buses and trams to take you to the stadium if you park at the middle school or it's not to far to walk either.  (I'm old so I usually park far away and try to catch a bus or tram).  This is the first time that we have had a "football" playoff in the stadium since it opened in '08, so I don't know what kind of a carnival experience that might be going on.  Everybody just have fun.  Also Branson, MO is just 35 miles north of Harrison if you want to visit there for the weekend.

Go Postal

Bulldogs practice their fumble recovery

Go Postal

I wish our receivers would quit showing off in practice.
There are some serious games coming up.

Go Postal

Everybody in Northwest and North central Arkansas plus everyone in the West conference knows about the Harrison Goblins  but here is a copy/paste about White Hall.

WHITE HALL — When looking at the statistics for the White Hall Bulldogs, there are only a few names to remember.
Some of the same players lead the team on offense and defense.
The Bulldogs come into the game with a 5-4 record after finishing 4-3 in the 5A-Central. The school, which is located just miles north of Pine Bluff, is on a three-game losing streak after losing to highly regarded Little Rock Parkview, Little Rock Christian and Pulaski Academy. The Bulldogs' game with Crossett were not completed this year due to weather.
In the last two decades, Harrison tangled with White Hall in Class 4A playoffs in 2006 and 2003. In 2006, the Goblins fell to the Bulldogs in a weather delayed contest. Harrison lost, 37-16.
The last time that Harrison had an undefeated regular season before this year was in 2003. That same year, the Bulldogs were Harrison's first round opponent in the playoffs. Harrison defeated White Hall, 34-6.
White Halls comes into the game averaging nearly 400 yards of offense a contest. The Bulldogs are getting 389.7. The team is pretty balanced picking up 208.40 yards on the ground and 181.30 through the air.
Josh Looney is the quarterback responsible for most of the passing yards. The senior shot caller is 5-foot-11, 193. He is 92-of-146 passing for 1,415 yards. He has 13 touchdowns and three interceptions.
His favorite target is senior Baylor Owen (6-1, 190) and senior Koby Drake (5-11, 180). Owen has caught 29 passes for 608 yards and Drake has 28 passes for 438 yards. The pair have caught eight and six touchdown passes respectively.
Tre'don Marks, another senior, has 12 catches for 121 yards and a touchdown. Charlie King, C.J. Collins and Kam Robinson all have a touchdown catch each.
While picking up 208 yards a game, the Bulldogs get 161 yards a contest from one man — Donte Buckner. The junior running back is 5-11 and weights 185. He has carried the ball 172 times in the nine Bulldog games this season. He has picked up 1,293 yards and scored 11 touchdowns.
Robinson (5-11, 165) is averaging 21.9 yards a contest. He has 175 yards on 29 carries. He has scored four touchdowns on the ground.
Defensively, the Bulldogs have five players with more than 50 tackles this season.
Erwin Williams (5-11, 190), who is a middle linebacker leads the team with 78 tackles. Marks is second with 66 tackles Logan Plumlee has 57 tackles, Robinson 51 and Drake 50.
The Bulldogs have scored 290 points this season. The team has given up 241 points. White Hall had back-to-back shutouts against one-win Little Rock Fair and Beebe.

Go Postal

White Hall fans and players have a safe trip to and from Harrison.  Good luck to both teams.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 28
White Hall Bulldogs 7

Half

Unofficial stats

White Hall QB went 3 of 6 for 23 yds.  They had 144 rushing yds for a total of 167 offensive yds.

Harrison QB went 2 of 2 for 22 yds.  They had 278 rushing yds for a total of 300 offensive yds.

Go Postal

Have a safe drive back to White Hall.  Watch out for those Squatches.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas