• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HS Lakeside @ Blytheville

Started by JoeDirt, November 03, 2018, 07:46:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

What's everyone's thoughts? Always pulling for NEA teams but I know nothing of Lakeside.

Duck12

I know nothing of Lakeside either. I'm gonna have to get on huddle and do some scouting. Blytheville brings a very strong D, a good running game, and playmakers that can extend the field in the passing game. Blytheville's D-line may be the strength of the team. They are very hard to run on and you better throw it quickly if you try and pass. #72 is a freak and is almost unblockable, it will take a minimum of two OL to even slow him down. When that happens #33 will work the other side and beat 1 on 1s so pick your poison.

Hogman2018

Blytheville should win by at least three touchdowns! Lakeside is really slow footed! Long road trip wont help either

Duck12

Duck12

Something for the Lakeside fans to know before heading to Blytheville is Blytheville has fans that sit on both sides of the field. This goes back to when we had a East and West Jr. high. The people from East sat on the east side (Visitors side) of the field. These are mostly older people and shouldn't cause you any issues. Blytheville will usually have a school administrator on that side to make sure there are no issues. Blytheville will have a lot of security at the game, this is not because we feel something bad will happen, its because we are aware of the town's reputation and we want visitors to feel as safe as possible. If you get here early you will find the people are friendly and welcoming. Eat at the Dixie Pig or grab a sandwich at Kreme Kastle or just stop at a tailgate say hello and I'm sure you will be offered whatever is on the grill. Look forward to seeing y'all at the game.

JessieP

Quote from: Duck12 on November 04, 2018, 12:25:34 pm
Something for the Lakeside fans to know before heading to Blytheville is Blytheville has fans that sit on both sides of the field. This goes back to when we had a East and West Jr. high. The people from East sat on the east side (Visitors side) of the field. These are mostly older people and shouldn't cause you any issues. Blytheville will usually have a school administrator on that side to make sure there are no issues. Blytheville will have a lot of security at the game, this is not because we feel something bad will happen, its because we are aware of the town's reputation and we want visitors to feel as safe as possible. If you get here early you will find the people are friendly and welcoming. Eat at the Dixie Pig or grab a sandwich at Kreme Kastle or just stop at a tailgate say hello and I'm sure you will be offered whatever is on the grill. Look forward to seeing y'all at the game.

I feel the people associated with Blytheville are so upset about the reputation surrounding the area that they bend over backwards to make your experience safe and welcoming. Polite warm people who make sure you enjoy your trip to Blytheville. You can find idiots at every school in Arkansas, Batesville has some people sitting in the stands I'd like to bludgeon with a tire iron, don't let any rumor or urban myth stop you from going to Blytheville. I agree with everything Duck said.

JacketFan

We always love going to Blytheville, and hopefully the chicks do well, and get to play several playoff games at home.  Good luck, play hard, play fair, and play with discipline, and you guys will go far. 

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: JessieP on November 04, 2018, 12:41:35 pm
I feel the people associated with Blytheville are so upset about the reputation surrounding the area that they bend over backwards to make your experience safe and welcoming. Polite warm people who make sure you enjoy your trip to Blytheville. You can find idiots at every school in Arkansas, Batesville has some people sitting in the stands I'd like to bludgeon with a tire iron, don't let any rumor or urban myth stop you from going to Blytheville. I agree with everything Duck said.
Just use the same safety precautions you would use in parts of little rock, west helena, or pine bluff and you will be fine.

Duck12

https://www.blythevilleschools.com/article/72852?org=bsd
For anyone planning on coming to the game early and wanting to tailgate and hang out with some friendly people.

Duck12

AuburnTigers98

Overdahill

JessieP

Quote from: Duck12 on November 07, 2018, 04:58:52 pm
https://www.blythevilleschools.com/article/72852?org=bsd
For anyone planning on coming to the game early and wanting to tailgate and hang out with some friendly people.

I had no idea Blytheville had such loyal tailgaters. Go Chicks, Represent the East. Blytheville by 21.

Nonsense

I'll say it, Lakeside by 1.

Lakeside does not have a robust passing game. There's a 6'3" WR that could give you fits, but there's games when he's been covered up and there's not a lot of attention given outside of him. There's a pair of sophomore running backs that run hard and well. One stretches the field, the other is mainly used for between the tackle runs. Lakeside's offense runs pretty heavy out of the shotgun, and has for years. There's not a lot of size across the OL as a whole, but they know their game plans and usually execute it well.

The defense is a typical Lakeside defense: size and speed are lacking, but they're opportunistic and scrappy. A team full of big and fast athletes will beat them.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Nonsense on November 09, 2018, 09:14:19 am
I'll say it, Lakeside by 1.

Lakeside does not have a robust passing game. There's a 6'3" WR that could give you fits, but there's games when he's been covered up and there's not a lot of attention given outside of him. There's a pair of sophomore running backs that run hard and well. One stretches the field, the other is mainly used for between the tackle runs. Lakeside's offense runs pretty heavy out of the shotgun, and has for years. There's not a lot of size across the OL as a whole, but they know their game plans and usually execute it well.

The defense is a typical Lakeside defense: size and speed are lacking, but they're opportunistic and scrappy. A team full of big and fast athletes will beat them.
[/b]

That's pretty much Blytheville to a "T".

Duck12

Blytheville handled business tonight. Hats off to Lakeside. Also, I came away very impressed with Lakeside WR #87 kid made a couple of nice catches.

Missco

87 had a very good game. If I am not mistaken he is also 1 of their better basketball players. The Chicks played well enough to win but need to turn it up a notch. I don't know where that officiating crew was from but they might have been the worst crew I have seen all year.

Ponca

Quote from: Duck12 on November 09, 2018, 10:59:53 pm
Blytheville handled business tonight. Hats off to Lakeside. Also, I came away very impressed with Lakeside WR #87 kid made a couple of nice catches.

my nephew. Kid is as good off the field as he is on the field.

RamFan06

Lakeside played a great game and put themselves in a position to win, just couldn't get it done in the end.

87 is Sawyer Lamb, if he wouldn't have been hurt for a couple games he would have over 1000 yards this year.

Officials were terrible. We have seen some bad crews this year, but these guys were just inept. Saw missed calls on both sides of the ball that were flat out ignored, not missed because the official was looking directly at what was happening.

On a side note, I have never been treated so well by an administration as I was at Blytheville on Friday night. The AD and staff that I interacted with were more than accommodating and hospitable.

Good luck Blytheville, BEAT MORRILTON!

Chicks_Fan

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 12, 2018, 11:30:33 am
Lakeside played a great game and put themselves in a position to win, just couldn't get it done in the end.

87 is Sawyer Lamb, if he wouldn't have been hurt for a couple games he would have over 1000 yards this year.

Officials were terrible. We have seen some bad crews this year, but these guys were just inept. Saw missed calls on both sides of the ball that were flat out ignored, not missed because the official was looking directly at what was happening.

On a side note, I have never been treated so well by an administration as I was at Blytheville on Friday night. The AD and staff that I interacted with were more than accommodating and hospitable.

Good luck Blytheville, BEAT MORRILTON!

Thank you for the kind words! Our administration and staff work hard to make guests feel welcome when they come to BLYTHEVILLE. As mentioned earlier, we're aware of our rep, so we try hard to make visitors feel comfortable.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas