• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock McClellan @ Camden Fairview

Started by razorcardsfan11, October 28, 2018, 05:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorcardsfan11

This is a key matchup in the south this week. It determines the 2nd and 3rd in conference. It's senior night at Fairview so I think it will be a close game all the way through. What's y'alls thoughts?

Hogman2018

Mccllellan by at least 14 points!Too physical for CF! But the 2nd seed gets the worst draw they will be in the same bracket with PA

PA Dad

I have not seen either team play this year.  I hope CF is a physical team because LRM is very physical.

I think it will be a good game but I'll go with LRM to win based mainly on their success the last couple of years.

JessieP

AHS06

I believe Camden has what it takes to beat McClellan (Not saying they will win).  The coaches in Camden will have to call a great game.

The Cards need to play disciplined, get physical, and they'll be in this game.

Youngsta71701

I'm going to keep this simple. If Camden Fairview can't stop LR McClellan's run game they don't stand a chance.

Overdahill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 29, 2018, 11:43:08 am
I'm going to keep this simple. If Camden Fairview can't stop LR McClellan's run game they don't stand a chance.

well said; even I can understand that :D

Hogman2018

I just dont think they can! Texarkana had a sophomoe running back run for a 150 yards on CF because our stud RB was suspended for your game and LRM is a whole lot more physical!  Good Luck though

JessieP

From everything I've read it seems LRM's run defense is stout. People say they punish people.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 29, 2018, 02:02:25 pm
From everything I've read it seems LRM's run defense is stout. People say they punish people.

Nope, according to Postal, only GOBS PUNISH :o

RamFan06

Before Fridays game against Lakeside, McClellan had passed something like 10 times all season. Against Hope...1 pass. Stop their run game and you have them, but that isnt as easy as it sounds.

I only have stats for the CFV Lakeside game but, Lakeside had 10 TFLs against CFV and The Cards did not sack our QB all night. If you cant get in the backfield against Lakeside you are for sure not getting into LRMs backfield. Also, if Lakeside is getting you behind the LOS that much, it may be ugly Friday night against LRM.

CFV can win this game, but it will take discipline and playing responsibilities. If the defense gets sucked into the fakes and misdirection, it is over for CFV.

LRM by 21

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 29, 2018, 01:57:28 pm
I just dont think they can! Texarkana had a sophomoe running back run for a 150 yards on CF because our stud RB was suspended for your game and LRM is a whole lot more physical!  Good Luck though
We've made some adjustments and position changes along the Defensive Line since that game. Hopefully it'll be enough to at least slow down the Lions run game. If not it's going to be a long night for the Redbirds and fans lol.

oldscribe

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 29, 2018, 01:57:28 pm
Speaking of chance, Texarkana was lucky to beat Camden Fairview!

Hogman2018

Quote from: oldscribe on October 29, 2018, 08:22:57 pm
How was they lucky they beat yall by two touchdowns! Without our all state RB used a Soph that ran for 150 yards on CF! He fumbled three times if it wasnt for that it would of been a blowout! Quit crying

Hogman2018

Quote from: oldscribe on October 29, 2018, 08:22:57 pm
Every time we win a game we are Lucky huh! Go back to your room!!

oldscribe

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 29, 2018, 09:00:57 pm
Every time we win a game we are Lucky huh! Go back to your room!!
All the hog slop to the side.  Watched AHS play once and that was the game I spoke of. If you're a true fan with an unbiased honest opinion and saw the game, you wouldn't divert.

The A-Team

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 29, 2018, 08:59:04 pm
How was they lucky they beat yall by two touchdowns! Without our all state RB used a Soph that ran for 150 yards on CF! He fumbled three times if it wasnt for that it would of been a blowout! Quit crying
When have y'all won anything? El Dorado has dominated your previous conference.

Hogman2018

Quote from: The A-Team on October 29, 2018, 10:19:56 pm
Heck we were in 6A and yall was in 5A and yall havent won anything! Why all the hateing we beat yall the last three times we played yall with our mediocre 6A team!!

oldscribe

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 29, 2018, 08:59:04 pm
AHS was on the ropes, scored those two touchdowns in the final 17 seconds of the third quarter - one assisted by two non holding calls and then a fumble near the 10-yard line on the ensuing kickoff. Nobody's crying. You won. Stop bragging as if you dominated the game. You didn't!
Good luck in the playoffs. Rep the South well!!!

AHS06

October 30, 2018, 12:25:21 am #19 Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:27:13 am by AHS06
Quote from: The A-Team on October 29, 2018, 10:19:56 pm
One thing for sure is El Dorado has never dominated Texarkana.   The 6A has it's cycles of dominance.  I guess Camden is honoring a moral victory.    Facts are you've lost to Texarkana three straight years,  Texarkana has more titles,  Texarkan owns overall against camden and it's not close.

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: AHS06 on October 30, 2018, 12:25:21 am
One thing for sure is El Dorado has never dominated Texarkana.   The 6A has it's cycles of dominance.  I guess Camden is honoring a moral victory.    Facts are you've lost to Texarkana three straight years,  Texarkana has more titles,  Texarkan owns overall against camden and it's not close.
Why does everything have to turn into a argument with you all but anyways I'm just curious how is the overall not close what is it and just a side note 2 of those 3 CF we're going through coaching changes as well which could've been a factor who knows🤷🏽‍♂️

AHS06

October 30, 2018, 06:30:27 am #21 Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:41:33 am by AHS06
Quote from: #1 Hog fan on October 30, 2018, 02:04:19 am
Why does everything have to turn into a argument with you all but anyways I'm just curious how is the overall not close what is it and just a side note 2 of those 3 CF we're going through coaching changes as well which could've been a factor who knows🤷🏽‍♂️
Well 2 of 3 the wins Texarkana was going through a coaching change as well.  Camden was one of those teams that every 2-3 years they'll be loaded.  Trust me no one from Texarkana is being cocky we know our weakness.  We just aren't going to let this garbage continue from someone that lost to us.  Give credit when it's due.  We are pulling for Camden in the playoffs.

ISU7

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: AHS06 on October 30, 2018, 06:30:27 am
Well 2 of 3 the wins Texarkana was going through a coaching change as well.  Camden was one of those teams that every 2-3 years they'll be loaded.  Trust me no one from Texarkana is being cocky we know our weakness.  We just aren't going to let this garbage continue from someone that lost to us.  Give credit when it's due.  We are pulling for Camden in the playoffs.
Most fans that are coming for texarkana probably aren't Cf fans either. As a Cf fan I've always had love for texarkana actually so I'll definitely give credit when it's due no hesitation.

Hogman2018

Quote from: oldscribe on October 29, 2018, 10:58:41 pm
AHS was on the ropes, scored those two touchdowns in the final 17 seconds of the third quarter - one assisted by two non holding calls and then a fumble near the 10-yard line on the ensuing kickoff. Nobody's crying. You won. Stop bragging as if you dominated the game. You didn't!
Good luck in the playoffs. Rep the South well!!!
Like i said before CF was fortunate our RB didnt play that night ! It could of got ugly real quick!!

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 30, 2018, 12:59:32 pm
Like i said before CF was fortunate our RB didnt play that night ! It could of got ugly real quick!!
+1

Youngsta71701

Man, Texarkana fans are real cocky these days. Were you guys this cocky when you were in the 6A?

Hogman2018

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 30, 2018, 03:31:26 pm
Man, Texarkana fans are real cocky these days. Were you guys this cocky when you were in the 6A?
Why do you say we are cocky?? Just because you guys say we were lucky to beat CF and LRMc and we are just fighting back!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 30, 2018, 03:37:50 pm
Why do you say we are cocky?? Just because you guys say we were lucky to beat CF and LRMc and we are just fighting back!
Hey man, I said no such thing. I'm just here so I want get fined lol. Seriously, I didn't even make it to the Texarkana game so I have no dog in that fight. But I have read some of the comments.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 30, 2018, 03:58:37 pm
Hey man, I said no such thing. I'm just here so I want get fined lol. Seriously, I didn't even make it to the Texarkana game so I have no dog in that fight. But I have read some of the comments.
Except here and here...no dog in the fight but plenty of comments following any loss, notice not many following a win

Youngsta71701

October 31, 2018, 01:10:01 pm #30 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:14:59 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 31, 2018, 08:13:06 am
Except here and here...no dog in the fight but plenty of comments following any loss, notice not many following a win
Read his above post. I didn't say they "were lucky to beat us" was the statement we were referring to. Someone above made that statement. No doubt I've said something about them being cocky. Come on man catch up lol. Sorry, I can see why you got those two statements mixed up. Next time I'll clarify which one I was talking about.

I didn't make the lucky comment was the one I was talking about when I said "I said no such thing".

Hoghead2

Well Texarkana won back 2 back 6A State Titles in 06 and 07. Dropping down to 5A was a gift to Texarkana.  Their fans haven't been too cocky. Watson Chapel was way worse than Texarkana when they dropped down to 5A.  Watson Chapel was guaranteeing  conference titles and stuff !!! They've won one conference title since the left 6A.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Hoghead2 on October 31, 2018, 01:22:26 pm
Well Texarkana won back 2 back 6A State Titles in 06 and 07. Dropping down to 5A was a gift to Texarkana.  Their fans haven't been too cocky. Watson Chapel was way worse than Texarkana when they dropped down to 5A.  Watson Chapel was guaranteeing  conference titles and stuff !!! They've won one conference title since the left 6A.
We also was in the state championship game in 2010!!

Overdahill

As a former Camden resident I always pull for the Cards but I think McClellan will start gearing up for a deep playoff run tonight. I think they are hungry to get it done this year and will be putting everyone on notice tonight (hope I am wrong)

Cardinalboi07

Texarkana will always be talented and I respect Barry Norton, but if they don't win state this year, you guys sure wont over the next few years for sure.

Now back to the topic. It's cut and dry. We stop the run and put them in passing situations We win. If we don't they win. Didn't see the LRM/Texarkana game but we all have a similar amount of talent IMO. I expect it to be a tight game and I actually believe CF has more defensive speed than LRM has offensive speed. Only time will tell if that matters.

What concerns me is LRM is very hungry and they have a heck of a coach. They got a system that works and are still mad about losing in the finals last year.

My prediction:

CF 24, McClellan 21.... Yep that's right Cardinal fans, we are going to win on a Field Goal

Hogman2018

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on November 02, 2018, 02:48:15 pm
Texarkana will always be talented and I respect Barry Norton, but if they don't win state this year, you guys sure wont over the next few years for sure.

Now back to the topic. It's cut and dry. We stop the run and put them in passing situations We win. If we don't they win. Didn't see the LRM/Texarkana game but we all have a similar amount of talent IMO. I expect it to be a tight game and I actually believe CF has more defensive speed than LRM has offensive speed. Only time will tell if that matters.

What concerns me is LRM is very hungry and they have a heck of a coach. They got a system that works and are still mad about losing in the finals last year.

My prediction:

CF 24, McClellan 21.... Yep that's right Cardinal fans, we are going to win on a Field Goal
CF does not have the same talent as LRM and Texarkana!! LRM by at least two touchdowns!! Too physical

hogjay

Senior night will give LRM a little trouble, but LRM pulls away late.

incogneto

Zeus

LRMC made that look easy. I seriously think AHS and LRMC are the two best teams in 5a this year, especially after tonight.

Hoghead2

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on November 02, 2018, 02:48:15 pm

My prediction:

Sarcasm I'm sure. Camden Fairview doesn't have the Talent of Texarkana.  Texarkana lost 2 of its best players and continue to roll through the 5A South as the Champions.  CF got drove by LRM tonight. Good luck to CF and the rest of the 5A South in the Playoffs.

Jesus Saves

I think CF actually improved throughput the season, as they should, but LRM was too much.  If they played 10 times, LRM wins all 10.  LRM has three Hoss D-Linemen!  The nose guard is on a different level. I am from the old skool and I appreciated the style of play of LRM.  O-Line, three point stance, drive blocking.  Three front Defense, pinning their ears back.  Pure studs up front on both sides of the ball was the difference in this one.  Good luck the rest of the way to the Cards!

Hoghead2

Quote from: Jesus Saves on November 03, 2018, 12:01:26 am
I think CF actually improved throughput the season, as they should, but LRM was too much.  If they played 10 times, LRM wins all 10.  LRM has three Hoss D-Linemen!  The nose guard is on a different level. I am from the old skool and I appreciated the style of play of LRM.  O-Line, three point stance, drive blocking.  Three front Defense, pinning their ears back.  Pure studs up front on both sides of the ball was the difference in this one.  Good luck the rest of the way to the Cards!
Exactly  !!!!   The D Line at LRMc is very tough and talanted.

incogneto

November 03, 2018, 10:17:05 am #42 Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:37:07 am by incogneto
Quote from: Zeus on November 02, 2018, 10:22:51 pm
LRMC made that look easy. I seriously think AHS and LRMC are the two best teams in 5a this year, especially after tonight.
Yeah well people in Chicago still think taking guns away from every citizen in the country is going to stop thier murder rate.  When you are in a bubble all you see is what's in that bubble. 

They are probably two of the top 5 but Harrison, PA and Blytheville will have a say. 

Jimmy1995

Think this is the year McClellan will beat PA and win it all

Overdahill

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 03, 2018, 02:00:04 pm

McClellan will be a tough out for anyone; truthfully, I was surprised when y'all dropped one at Texarkana

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: Overdahill on November 03, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
McClellan will be a tough out for anyone; truthfully, I was surprised when Y'all dropped one at Texarkana
Even though you may never know in the playoffs what both of you guys just said hit right on the target.

Jimmy1995

We needed to lose that game. It's going to help us in the long run
Quote from: Overdahill on November 03, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
McClellan will be a tough out for anyone; truthfully, I was surprised when y'all dropped one at Texarkana

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Overdahill on November 02, 2018, 11:50:40 am
As a former Camden resident I always pull for the Cards but I think McClellan will start gearing up for a deep playoff run tonight. I think they are hungry to get it done this year and will be putting everyone on notice tonight (hope I am wrong)
You were right. Them boyz was rough!

Youngsta71701

Props to LR McClellan. After our initial drive they absolutely dominated the LOS on both sides. They will be hard to beat and I can see why their style of play gives PA fits. Ball control and physical. Contrasting styles. Absolute beast on the Defensive Line and they can cover Receivers one on one with not much help. Good luck to all of the 5A South!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 03, 2018, 02:00:04 pm

Keep at it Jimmy.  Some day you will be right.  Heck, it might even be this year!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas