• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG at Fouke

Started by HG Hornet, October 14, 2018, 09:20:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HG Hornet

CHG travels to Fouke for the first time since 2014 when we lost a long rain & thunder delayed game to the Panthers.  I remember it well.  Weatherman says rain won't affect this matchup this time.  Any predictions?

snoopy22

I think CHG will go to Fouke and win easily, setting them up for a District championship showdown in week 10 with Smackover.  Yes they have Prescott week 9, but win or lose that game they will still be playing their rival Smackover for either the District Championship or a share of it.  CHG has a very good team and will be a handful for Prescott and Smackover.

HG Hornet

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 14, 2018, 10:30:37 am
I think CHG will go to Fouke and win easily, setting them up for a District championship showdown in week 10 with Smackover.  Yes they have Prescott week 9, but win or lose that game they will still be playing their rival Smackover for either the District Championship or a share of it.  CHG has a very good team and will be a handful for Prescott and Smackover.
Thank you Snoopy.  You're just about the first one, other than those who know us, who at least gives us a chance to beat Prescott and Smackover.  Wouldn't it really throw a kink in it if Prescott beats us, then we do pull off a miracle (not exactly a miracle) and beat Smackover.  That'll be three teams with one loss each.  What happens then?  Do they look at the scores against other conference opponents who have just about all been blowout losses for those three teams?  Gonna get interesting if we can beat at least one of the mighty two foes ahead of us.

CoolBreeze

According to Almatrackster, CHG has a strong lead in tiebreaker points at present, but a lot could change in the next few weeks.

HG Hornet

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 14, 2018, 02:55:43 pm
According to Almatrackster, CHG has a strong lead in tiebreaker points at present, but a lot could change in the next few weeks.
We have a golden opportunity to do this ourselves without having to rely on help from anyone else. 

snoopy22

It would go to points.  Basically between the three teams involved because we will all carry 13 points in all other conference games most likely.

WHITEchicken

If it is a three way tie their is no way that Smackover gets the one seed unless somehow all three teams beat each other by 1 point. Then I have no clue how it would be decided. Coin flips probably.

Smackover Fan

I will say CHG 35 Monsters 13. Would be worse anywhere else, but playing at Fouke, well let's just say not everything works out in the visitors favor.

KOJACK

HG Hornet

Haven't missed a Hornet game in five years, but a head cold and the rain has kept me indoors and listening to Brother Don Phillips and Jonathan Wolfe on the radio.  CHG 8 - Fouke 0, end of the first quarter.

HG Hornet

CHG 14 - Fouke 0, Halftime

Hgalum50

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 19, 2018, 08:00:37 pm
CHG 14 - Fouke 0, Halftime
I'm guessing it is because it's at Fouke?

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 19, 2018, 08:13:53 pm
I'm guessing it is because it's at Fouke?
Radio says it's raining hard and the Hornets white jerseys are all brown muddy.  Sloppy muddy game. 

HGaluminTN

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 19, 2018, 07:31:13 pm
Haven't missed a Hornet game in five years, but a head cold and the rain has kept me indoors and listening to Brother Don Phillips and Jonathan Wolfe on the radio.  CHG 8 - Fouke 0, end of the first quarter.
Bless your heart having to listen to Burrhead!  Can't. believe Don is still doing games. He's been doing HG games almost as long as he's lived in East Camden area.  Hope Hornets bring a victory back to The Grove.  Thanks for the updates.

HG Hornet

October 19, 2018, 08:52:51 pm #14 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:00:19 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: HGaluminTN on October 19, 2018, 08:45:32 pm
Bless your heart having to listen to Burrhead!  Can’t. believe Don is still doing games. He’s been doing HG games almost as long as he’s lived in East Camden area.  Hope Hornets bring a victory back to The Grove.  Thanks for the updates.
I think you can search Magic 104.5 in Camden, AR and get the games on your device.  I may be wrong, though. 

It's 26-0 now end of the third quarter.  It's become a fumble fest in all that mud.

HGaluminTN

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 19, 2018, 08:52:51 pm
I think you can search Magic 104.5 in Camden, AR and get the games on your device.  I may be wrong, though. 

It's 20-0 now late in the third quarter.  It's become a fumble fest in all that mud.
Oh  wow!  Thanks!   Great hearing Don's voice.  Such a great guy; was a great boss and better friend.   Love hearing HG up.  Thanks!!

HG Hornet

Hgalum50

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 19, 2018, 08:25:36 pm
Radio says it's raining hard and the Hornets white jerseys are all brown muddy.  Sloppy muddy game.
Gotcha! I just got a chance to turn the radio on.

HG Hornet

HGaluminTN

Way to go HG!  Enjoyed streaming the game from 12 hours away.  Look forward to listening next week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas