• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Player in 2A

Started by AverageJo24, October 11, 2018, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whoknows

Greyhound#1

It may have been against Marked tree but I haven't seen anyone else put 327 and 6td on them. 

stuck in between

Batey had 5 touchdowns and an int. against a team who had only given up 4 all year. There is no conversation to be had

Wantobe

October 12, 2018, 11:17:29 pm #53 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:10:46 am by Wantobe
After the show against Mt. Ida tonight, Batey is unde-Bate(y)ted (pun intended). Enormous yardage, interception, multiple tackles. Did more than his part to shut the number 2 down. This guy is the Real deal.

HorseFeathers

Seen the Kid from Salem and Batey last year.... I'd take Batey, but I imagine Hector kids are still having nightmares about the show the Sale kid put on in the second half...

AverageJo24

Quote from: Dogg on October 12, 2018, 09:15:51 pm
its not a negative it's the truth. Who wouldn't look like a speed demon against Rector or Marked Tree

4.6 speed is 4.6 speed. In 2A football that is fast, i don't care who you are playing

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: AverageJo24 on October 13, 2018, 12:02:09 am
4.6 speed is 4.6 speed. In 2A football that is fast, i don't care who you are playing

Agreed.  There are far less 4.4 kids in the state than most would have you believe.  There are MANY Friday nights that crowds don't see a single 4.4 kid on the field for either team.  In 2A, a 4.6 kid stands out in the crowd.  Foreman has a 4.4 (or sub 4.4) kid and he does more than stand out, he dominates.

But if you go down on the sidelines at most stadiums, you can find multiple 40+ year olds who ran 4.4 & 4.5...........back in the day!!!

IdaLions

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 15, 2018, 10:50:56 am
Agreed.  There are far less 4.4 kids in the state than most would have you believe.  There are MANY Friday nights that crowds don't see a single 4.4 kid on the field for either team.  In 2A, a 4.6 kid stands out in the crowd.  Foreman has a 4.4 (or sub 4.4) kid and he does more than stand out, he dominates.

But if you go down on the sidelines at most stadiums, you can find multiple 40+ year olds who ran 4.4 & 4.5...........back in the day!!!

I swear, everybody who played before 2000 ran a 4.5 and benched over 300 pounds😂

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 15, 2018, 10:50:56 am

True Story.

Razorback2222

Batey had 5 touchdowns on 11 carries for 195 yards vs mt ida the second best team in 2a. They held Johnathan Lagrange to 84 yards on 24 carries. Johnathan had 21 tackles on d

Partsman

[/quote] That was back when they had to walk to school in august with it snowing. It was also uphill both ways.

RATTLER43

Quote from: Partsman on October 15, 2018, 12:19:18 pm

That was back when they had to walk to school in august with it snowing. It was also uphill both ways.

I remember it well......  ;D  8)
Here is me back in the day:
8) ... but it sure seemed fast back then ......

Greyhound#1

Any of these kids going to summer football camps at the colleges are getting official clock times.  I assure you Batey and Turner know there 40 times.  They both fast.  Both will be playing at the next level next year.   

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 12, 2018, 11:12:25 pm
It may have been against Marked tree but I haven't seen anyone else put 327 and 6td on them. 
How many quarters did it take when he got his 327 and 6 downs take Hazen pulled their starters at the half against MT I don't know if y'all don't have enough players to have a second string but after game is in hand you don't have to keep feeding your studs the ball and if your that short on numbers that is a good way to get 1s hurt you don't win playoff games by stacking numbers for paper during regular season you won 48-8 let some of younger players touch the ball if he did that before the Half then it is impressive

Greyhound#1

October 15, 2018, 02:40:33 pm #64 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:43:45 pm by Greyhound#1
15 carries first half for 228 yds and 5 td.  1 carry for 99 yds in the 2nd half.   It was Salem 1st offensive play of 2nd half. 

Hasbeen92

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 15, 2018, 01:58:52 pm
Any of these kids going to summer football camps at the colleges are getting official clock times.  I assure you Batey and Turner know there 40 times.  They both fast.  Both will be playing at the next level next year.

Toll has been to multiple camps all summer. on april 29th he ran 4:91. seems like i saw a report with a faster time since then. but he is just 15 and 6'5" 240

Old Scrapper

Top Player in 2A, I'd go with Batey. there are a lot of studs around the 2A and most people want to pick the player who is closest to the team or conference. I picked Batey and have never watched him play a down.
I think we all get caught up in how many offers a kid has received to rate his worthiness of this title. Not all great players in 2A ball get flooded with D1 offers.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 15, 2018, 02:24:45 pm
How many quarters did it take when he got his 327 and 6 downs take Hazen pulled their starters at the half against MT I don't know if y'all don't have enough players to have a second string but after game is in hand you don't have to keep feeding your studs the ball and if your that short on numbers that is a good way to get 1s hurt you don't win playoff games by stacking numbers for paper during regular season you won 48-8 let some of younger players touch the ball if he did that before the Half then it is impressive

I assure they are not stacking numbers.  The kid could easily have over 2000 yds already if they wanted too.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 15, 2018, 03:00:43 pm
I assure they are not stacking numbers.  The kid could easily have over 2000 yds already if they wanted too.
I said I was impressed would you like a notarized letter sounds like a very good 2A player who is recruiting him

Greyhound#1

Jordan Turner,  366 yds and 5tds.  2176 yds and 28tds thru 8 games.  Best player 2a period end of conversation.  Closing in on 5,000 yds in 2 season.  He was out his sophomore season do a injury.   

i40traveler

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 27, 2018, 09:02:15 am
Jordan Turner,  366 yds and 5tds.  2176 yds and 28tds thru 8 games.  Best player 2a period end of conversation.  Closing in on 5,000 yds in 2 season.  He was out his sophomore season do a injury.

Not even a top 5 2a player, but best in that league

dawgpound

Kade Pennington Hampton defensive lineman

godgiven999

Kam Lollis MLB Gurdon- Leads 2a in Tackles

IdaLions

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2018, 03:22:29 pm

kid looked good against Ida

Prouddragondad

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 30, 2018, 03:22:29 pm
I figure he is a real good LB or you wouldn't have named him but he doesn't lead the 2A in tackles. Gurdon stats show he had 77 tackles in 9 games. Mountainburg has a kid that has 82 tackles in 8 games and Lavaca has one that has 88 tackles in 9 games so maybe you meant he is leading the conference.

godgiven999

mastermind10

MT Legend

Quote from: i40traveler on October 30, 2018, 02:57:35 pm
Not even a top 5 2a player, but best in that league

2000 yards is definitely impressive.Yes the 3 is as awful as it's ever been right now.He is running wild on bad competition.not his fault the league is terrible though.He is still a 1100 yard rusher in the days of old in the 3.thats not to shabby.

Wantobe

42 sports says it's between Batey and Cook from JC. I don't follow JC, but I've not seen anything on Cook. What's his story or stats?

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Wantobe on October 30, 2018, 09:14:11 pm
42 sports says it's between Batey and Cook from JC. I don't follow JC, but I've not seen anything on Cook. What's his story or stats?

don't quote no stats that doesn't matter at all.  42 sports blew that big time.  They didn't vote on it or discuss it as a group.  I was told the owner decided by himself on the 2a award.  Might as well be opinion blog.   There isn't a person on here that would put cook in the top 5 unless there from JC.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 30, 2018, 10:17:12 pm
don't quote no stats that doesn't matter at all.  42 sports blew that big time.  They didn't vote on it or discuss it as a group.  I was told the owner decided by himself on the 2a award.  Might as well be opinion blog.   There isn't a person on here that would put cook in the top 5 unless there from JC.

This would be true to a point, it's also supposed to be Kevin Payne's opinion too.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: MT Legend on October 30, 2018, 08:34:02 pm
2000 yards is definitely impressive.Yes the 3 is as awful as it's ever been right now.He is running wild on bad competition.not his fault the league is terrible though.He is still a 1100 yard rusher in the days of old in the 3.thats not to shabby.

I don't care who the competition is.   He tore up in the playoffs last year against 3 #1 seeds and #2 seed. There is no argument here.  The kid got the it factor.  He is determined, all heart, and dedicated.  He also has a offensive line that is full of talent has there RBs back. Its just crap i have to get on here and defend this kid.  He is the Arkansas High school leading rusher over all classes and i don't believe its even close.

allstate22

U must not know what ur talking about turner didnt do anything against foreman he had less than 50yds going into the fourth then foreman put in lots of sophomores and freshman and Salem got one good drive and he got another 50yds and a TD against foreman's basically 3rd String

Greyhound#1

October 31, 2018, 12:07:09 am #84 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:23:39 am by Greyhound#1
Quote from: allstate22 on October 30, 2018, 11:34:30 pm
U must not know what ur talking about turner didnt do anything against foreman he had less than 50yds going into the fourth then foreman put in lots of sophomores and freshman and Salem got one good drive and he got another 50yds and a TD against foreman's basically 3rd String

Actually I was 100% correct Turner had 111 yards and TD. How many kids ran over a 100 yds on foreman last year? I'm not saying a team can't stop him on a given night.  Foreman was on a mission last year and yes they stop him pretty good.  Thats exactly why that kid knew he had to get better.  You think he  laid on the sofa all summer?  You think Salem just said oh crap Foreman just too good lets just quit or Do you think they realize that they had to put the work in all spring and summer to get were there at today.  So to find a one game were he didn't dominate you had to go back to semi of last year after the kid turned in his pads for year and had to come back and take a 8 hour trip on school bus not a charter bus.  And the kid still put a 100 on the best team in the state.  Yeah you proved your point there.  Numbers don't lie   he almost more yds in 4 playoff games last year then Batey and cook has had all year. 

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 12:07:09 am
Actually I was 100% correct Turner had 111 yards and TD. How many kids ran over a 100 yds on foreman last year? I'm not saying a team can't stop him on a given night.  Foreman was on a mission last year and yes they stop him pretty good.  Thats exactly why that kid knew he had to get better.  You think he  laid on the sofa all summer?  You think Salem just said oh crap Foreman just too good lets just quit or Do you think they realize that they had to put the work in all spring and summer to get were there at today.  So to find a one game were he didn't dominate you had to go back to semi of last year after the kid turned in his pads for year and had to come back and take a 8 hour trip on school bus not a charter bus.  And the kid still put a 100 on the best team in the state.  Yeah you proved your point there.  Numbers don't lie   he almost more yds in 4 playoff games last year then Batey and cook has had all year.

We can quote stats all day.  Mr. Batey only had 145 yards against a number 5 seed from 3-2a.  He was still playing in the 4th qtr. 

Eslim03

Greyhound you should relax and chill. You know that you have 19 of the post on this thread of 86 now. My lord we all know Mr. Turner is a great player all the majority is telling you is Batey is better and thats not taking anything away from your man. Sheesh Batey is the reining Little Rock Touchdown Club 2a player of the year.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 31, 2018, 01:27:21 am
Greyhound you should relax and chill. You know that you have 19 of the post on this thread of 86 now. My lord we all know Mr. Turner is a great player all the majority is telling you is Batey is better and thats not taking anything away from your man. Sheesh Batey is the reining Little Rock Touchdown Club 2a player of the year.

lol, im just responded to other post.  I never said Batey wasn't better.  look at the post i responded too.  He question my stats which were 100 % correct.  I didn't start the topic but i kinda thought that was the point to discuss.  Heck when i first talking this year about Turner people was like who is that.   42 sports didn't even know of him.  I message them with his stats and they were like who is this were never heard of him.  The owner is from Marked Tree.   There in our conference....lol  Dang it you baited me.  That make this post number 19.

Greyhound#1

October 31, 2018, 01:48:26 am #88 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:50:00 am by Greyhound#1
Quote from: Eslim03 on October 31, 2018, 01:27:21 am

Dang Eslim03 how else will i ever catch up with Horsefeathers post count. #20 since were keeping count now

Eslim03

Lol it's all good. We know Turner is a great player down here in Foreman and there's a chance we get to play again this postseason.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 31, 2018, 01:55:08 am
Lol it's all good. We know Turner is a great player down here in Foreman and there's a chance we get to play again this postseason.

i froze last year.  It was cold.  I'm almost sure my toes didn't defrost until we got to little rock. If we meet up again make sure you folks turn the heaters on and maybe some extra port-a-pottys.  The line to restroom was a little long.  That could have been cause the heater was on in there...lol

Eslim03

Yes that was the coldest football game I've ever witnessed I believe. Other than the cold it was a fantastic atmosphere though for sure. I remember thinking y'all stands was packed for the circumstances and the travel. Couldn't believe how many fans y'all brought.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 31, 2018, 02:18:39 am
Yes that was the coldest football game I've ever witnessed I believe. Other than the cold it was a fantastic atmosphere though for sure. I remember thinking y'all stands was packed for the circumstances and the travel. Couldn't believe how many fans y'all brought.

We travel very well... we usually have more fans then the home team.  Yall had probably the 2nd best atmosphere i have been too in the last 10 years.   1st rd last year at Hector was by far the best i ever been too then probably Foreman, then Dierks in 2013, I still remember those brisket sandwiches they were selling.   I have attended alot games in the last 10 years.  should also mention Mccrory because they have been awesome host every time we go there.  Felt pretty bad this year for them.....but there Jr high team is prob the best team i have seen in a long time so they will be back on top soon.

72aDaddy

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 12:07:09 am
whew...to;dr. Parent/relafive alert.

MT Legend

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 30, 2018, 10:17:12 pm

im in Colorado and I would put cook in the top 5.He and Gibson are beast mode.Fun and exciting to watch.ive seen turner on hudl he is good.However the 2 selected are on a whole nother level.I would like to add this more schools need a dragon sports network.That is awesome!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 02:31:13 am
We travel very well... we usually have more fans then the home team.  Yall had probably the 2nd best atmosphere i have been too in the last 10 years.   1st rd last year at Hector was by far the best i ever been too then probably Foreman, then Dierks in 2013, I still remember those brisket sandwiches they were selling.   I have attended alot games in the last 10 years.  should also mention Mccrory because they have been awesome host every time we go there.  Felt pretty bad this year for them.....but there Jr high team is prob the best team i have seen in a long time so they will be back on top soon.
Thanks man! We take pride in creating the best atmosphere possible for not only our kids but the visiting team and fans as well!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 31, 2018, 01:48:26 am
Dang Eslim03 how else will i ever catch up with Horsefeathers post count. #20 since were keeping count now

Shotgun post on every thread like I used to do 😂😂 plus hang around a while, I signed up on this account in 2003 lol

Greyhound#1

Quote from: 72aDaddy on October 31, 2018, 06:24:36 am
whew...to;dr. Parent/relafive alert.

Not sure if your trying to say I'm a parent or relative to Turner but actually I'm not.  I actually don't have a kid on the team nor do I have a relative.  I actually have never had a kid play high school football for Salem.  My kiddo plays basketball only. 

bleacherbum78

Cook from JC is a pretty darn good back! JC likes to use him at WR but when he is in the backfield he does nothing but makes plays with the ball in his hands!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: MT Legend on October 31, 2018, 06:59:03 am
im in Colorado and I would put cook in the top 5.He and Gibson are beast mode.Fun and exciting to watch.ive seen turner on hudl he is good.However the 2 selected are on a whole nother level.I would like to add this more schools need a dragon sports network.That is awesome!

Of course your gonna say that.  According to post your post history Allen over at 42 sports is a friend of yours.  It's funny as prideful as JC fans are when I posted that they didn't go nuts on me far saying that.  Kid is good but nothing justified him as a finalist.  You Marked Tree folks mad as us???  I agree that 1st qtr prob was hard to swallow this year. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas