• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centerpoint @ CHG

Started by football141414, October 10, 2018, 11:07:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

football141414

Good matchup this week for possible three seed.  Excited to see how Camden will be able to move the ball with tough defense Centerpoint has developed.  Should be a good mathcup

HG Hornet

SOUTHARK99

I saw a news clip about HG's homecoming court. I hope the team doesn't let this distract them.   

HG Hornet

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on October 10, 2018, 12:37:58 pm
I saw a news clip about HG's homecoming court. I hope the team doesn't let this distract them.
Yeah, I saw that too.  Total BS.  The team votes and there's nothing more to it than that.  They won't be distracted, but apparently some older people are. 

CoolBreeze

CHG should have no problem the next two weeks, but after that they run into the meatgrinder.

HG Hornet

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 10, 2018, 12:52:57 pm
CHG should have no problem the next two weeks, but after that they run into the meatgrinder.
Man, that sounds painful! 

CoolBreeze

HG Hornet

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 10, 2018, 01:05:43 pm
Could be.
Yeah, I know its gonna be a rough two game stretch just before the playoffs..........and it'll be that way next year also.  Just the luck of the draw I guess. 

Maynard G Krebs

WHITEchicken

Centerpoint has a tough defense since when? Must have happened over the last 2 weeks because Smack did whatever they wanted.

The A-Team

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 10, 2018, 12:42:49 pm
Yeah, I saw that too.  Total BS.  The team votes and there's nothing more to it than that.  They won't be distracted, but apparently some older people are.
Don't say BS to that. You may not know everything you think you do.

HG Hornet

Quote from: The A-Team on October 10, 2018, 09:01:52 pm
Don't say BS to that. You may not know everything you think you do.
I know what I'm talking about.  It's all a bunch of overinflated hot air by people who don't even know what they're talking about.  Football team votes for the Homecoming Court every year!  Someone posted on Facebook and called Fox16 saying that the teachers vote.  Total BS. 

The school and the team are fine.  Some misinformed people are just grumbling and misinforming other people in the process.  I'm out on this ridiculous subject.

The A-Team

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 10, 2018, 09:13:50 pm
I know what I'm talking about.  It's all a bunch of overinflated hot air by people who don't even know what they're talking about.  Football team votes for the Homecoming Court every year!  Someone posted on Facebook and called Fox16 saying that the teachers vote.  Total BS. 

The school and the team are fine.  Some misinformed people are just grumbling and misinforming other people in the process.  I'm out on this ridiculous subject.
You should be.

football141414

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 10, 2018, 01:35:01 pm
Centerpoint has a tough defense since when? Must have happened over the last 2 weeks because Smack did whatever they wanted.
Yeah like throw there helmet down and almost fight the reff

football141414

football141414

Carljung

Quote from: football141414 on October 10, 2018, 11:07:00 am
Good matchup this week for possible three seed.  Excited to see how Camden will be able to move the ball with tough defense Centerpoint has developed.  Should be a good mathcup
CHG by a bunch. CHG could have something to say about the 1 or the 2 seed.
CHG 44
Centerpoint 14

HG Hornet

Quote from: football141414 on October 11, 2018, 11:04:17 am
I think you meant CHS
Naw Man, I called it right the first time.  Nice try though.  :)

Maynard G Krebs

October 11, 2018, 12:00:49 pm #18 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:16:43 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: football141414 on October 11, 2018, 11:03:01 am
Tigers?

Go Tigers!  (Glenwood Tigers, the true name for us old geezers 😀)

WHITEchicken

Football141414 nice to see you come back on here. And yes even throw their helmets. Centerpoint could not stop Smack and they won't stop HG.

SOUTHARK99

football141414

You aren't lying about centerpoint getting smacked.  I expect them to have a much better performance against the Hornets

WHITEchicken

I'm going to say HG by about 28

football141414

you may be right...numbers are killing centerpoint this year.  I'm saying this in all seriousness there core is very talented, lacking quantity

HG Hornet

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on October 11, 2018, 02:02:07 pm
It was on the news so it has to be true.
It is true that some people are upset and it's also true that Caitlin Rearden from FOX16 came to the school on Monday, October 9, and asked some questions before doing her story.  She was misinformed by some older people that teachers did the voting and she came and found out that they didn't have anything to do with the voting and never have AND that the team is who votes for Homecoming and that's how it's been for quite a while now......which is just what I said in my earlier post before I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about.  Miss Rearden put her story together stating that some people were, in fact, upset over the selections, which they were, AND told of how the selections had been done in the 1970's, which is how it was done for many years including those years when our CHG alum and former NFL football player, Corey Williams, was playing at CHG.  The fact is it's not done that way anymore.  The CHG School Board approved the changes a few years ago to allow the varsity football players to make the selections for Homecoming and there is no predetermined criteria that is followed from one year to the other. 

My son just graduated and was a varsity football player for four years.  He voted for the Homecoming Court and played in four Homecoming games and there was never an issue with the selections until this year when a few older people got mixed up on facts and created a small social media ruckus.  I say again that there is no problem with the the football team, the Homecoming Court, the student body, and the Harmony Grove community.  We have always been a close knit group of family & friends, and we still are.           

Hgalum50

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 11, 2018, 03:25:31 pm
It is true that some people are upset and it's also true that Caitlin Rearden from FOX16 came to the school on Monday, October 9, and asked some questions before doing her story.  She was misinformed by some older people that teachers did the voting and she came and found out that they didn't have anything to do with the voting and never have AND that the team is who votes for Homecoming and that's how it's been for quite a while now......which is just what I said in my earlier post before I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about.  Miss Rearden put her story together stating that some people were, in fact, upset over the selections, which they were, AND told of how the selections had been done in the 1970's, which is how it was done for many years including those years when our CHG alum and former NFL football player, Corey Williams, was playing at CHG.  The fact is it's not done that way anymore.  The CHG School Board approved the changes a few years ago to allow the varsity football players to make the selections for Homecoming and there is no predetermined criteria that is followed from one year to the other. 

My son just graduated and was a varsity football player for four years.  He voted for the Homecoming Court and played in four Homecoming games and there was never an issue with the selections until this year when a few older people got mixed up on facts and created a small social media ruckus.  I say again that there is no problem with the the football team, the Homecoming Court, the student body, and the Harmony Grove community.  We have always been a close knit group of family & friends, and we still are.         
That's right we are all Hornets and will carry that to the grave!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 11, 2018, 10:13:21 pm
That's right we are all Hornets and will carry that to the grave!

We all have crosses to bear😜

oldtiger88

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 11, 2018, 12:00:49 pm
uh yeah

HG Hornet

CHG 50 - Centerpoint 15.  All of the Homecoming festivities went just fine and everyone who attended seemed to enjoy the game.......with no BS being stirred up by anyone.  Safe travels to Centerpoint on their way home tonight. 

HGfaninTN

October 12, 2018, 10:31:19 pm #29 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:09:51 pm by HGfaninTN
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 11, 2018, 12:00:49 pm
Purple and White!  Football was always rough for them, but would make up for it in basketball season.  I'm old enough to have played in the old gym at Glenwood and then get to play in one of the first when they new one was built in '73.   Growing up in Glenwood in the early-mid '70s was like living in Mayberry.  What a blessed place to spend childhood.

HGfaninTN

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 11, 2018, 03:25:31 pm

Pretty sure in the '80s the football team selected the court.  Everyone knew the guidelines each year for Queen and Maid of Honor.  It was no big deal.  Glad to see reports were overblown and people still get along at the Grove.  It's a special place.  There used to be shirts that had 'Nowhere Else but Harmony Grove.'  Been gone for decades, but it is still true.  Nowhere like HGH and CBC.  Great places and great people in Ouachita County; glad to have graduated from one and worked at the other(well there and TAC Equip).

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: HGfaninTN on October 12, 2018, 10:31:19 pm
Purple and White!  Football was always rough for them, but would make up for it in basketball season.  I'm old enough to have played in the old gym at Glenwood and then get to play in one of the first when they new one was built in '73.   Growing up in Glenwood in the early-mid '70s was like living in Mayberry.  What a blessed place to spend childhood.

There at the same time..are you that guy that bullied me? 😀😀😀

HGaluminTN

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 13, 2018, 12:31:51 pm
There at the same time..are you that guy that bullied me? 😀😀😀
Doubt it.  I was just a 5th grader when the gym was finished.  So just tried to stay out of the way - most of the time.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: HGaluminTN on October 13, 2018, 03:18:48 pm
Doubt it.  I was just a 5th grader when the gym was finished.  So just tried to stay out of the way - most of the time.

You a preacher's son?

HGaluminTN

October 14, 2018, 11:24:58 am #34 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 11:36:16 am by HGaluminTN
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 14, 2018, 08:28:43 am
You a preacher's son?
I've been accused of that.  Sounds like you know of my family.  I'm going to guess you played football and was maybe a linebacker along with playing trumpet.  You guys were the coolest to all of us grade school kids.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: HGaluminTN on October 14, 2018, 11:24:58 am
I've been accused of that.  Sounds like you know of my family.  I'm going to guess you played football and was maybe a linebacker along with playing trumpet.  You guys were the coolest to all of us grade school kids.

Actually a safety.  Hope all is well with you and your family. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas