• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover/Grove

Started by WHITEchicken, October 10, 2018, 09:31:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITEchicken

HG Hornet

Game is Thursday, November 1, and is still a few weeks away.  We will have just come off playing Prescott the week before and emotion could play a big part in this game.  If we beat them, then the CHG/Smackover game will be for first place and home field advantage.  If Prescott beats us, then we'll probably be down and the game won't mean quite as much.  Too many factors still to be determined to make a prediction other than it'll be a good game.  I think it'll have the same feel as a playoff game.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 10, 2018, 09:39:07 am
Game is Thursday, November 1, and is still a few weeks away.  We will have just come off playing Prescott the week before and emotion could play a big part in this game.  If we beat them, then the CHG/Smackover game will be for first place and home field advantage.  If Prescott beats us, then we'll probably be down and the game won't mean quite as much.  Too many factors still to be determined to make a prediction other than it'll be a good game.  I think it'll have the same feel as a playoff game.
When Prescott beats CHG, we need you guys to beat Smack by 2!!!!

HG Hornet

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on October 10, 2018, 10:05:08 am
When Prescott beats CHG, we need you guys to beat Smack by 2!!!!
I'll settle for beating both you guys by just 1!

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 10, 2018, 12:25:13 pm
I'll settle for beating both you guys by just 1!
Then that would make us the 3 seed, don't think so.

HG Hornet

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on October 10, 2018, 12:28:41 pm
Then that would make us the 3 seed, don't think so.
You guys fumbled away your place in the driver's seat.  Now, you gotta play the wait and watch game to see what happens.  Yall can't beat us up too bad or we'll never be able to beat Smackover the next week...........better take it easy on us.  :)

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 10, 2018, 12:44:45 pm
You guys fumbled away your place in the driver's seat.  Now, you gotta play the wait and watch game to see what happens.  Yall can't beat us up too bad or we'll never be able to beat Smackover the next week...........better take it easy on us.  :)
Good one....... We will just get our 13 pts on move on.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 10, 2018, 12:44:45 pm
All you gotta do is lay a few good licks on the Wolves QB, and he will watch the rest of the game from the sidelines. 
You won't get credit for the win though, just the Wolves bad luck.

snoopy22

Full body cramps really don't have anything to do with licks, but we know that makes y'all feel good saying you hurt him so go ahead.  CHG you said it we fumbled a game we totally dominated away.  Will be a fun two weeks, week 9 and 10. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 10, 2018, 03:24:00 pm
Full body cramps really don't have anything to do with licks, but we know that makes y'all feel good saying you hurt him so go ahead.  CHG you said it we fumbled a game we totally dominated away.  Will be a fun two weeks, week 9 and 10.
My son went to the game and he said that Prescott should have won by three scores. 

snoopy22

3 scores without qb in second half. Worse with.....but we didn't and Smackover is in control of the seeds, as are y'all.  We need help.

Proud Buckaroo

One player doesn't make a team.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 10, 2018, 03:31:40 pm
My son went to the game and he said that Prescott should have won by three scores.
I sure thought it was headed that way after the first half was over.  I guess you could say that the ball bounced our way the second half.
The lick that Modica laid on the Wolves QB early in the second half is what sent him to the sidelines.  I'm not buying the cramps excuse.

snoopy22

Lol you can buy whatever you want.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 10, 2018, 03:44:59 pm
One player doesn't make a team.
So the Patriots would have won those Super Bowls with Ryan Leaf playing QB?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on October 10, 2018, 03:54:55 pm
So the Patriots would have won those Super Bowls with Ryan Leaf playing QB?

That's different, oldman and you know it.

imtie

This game is way to far away to be talking about this.

CoolBreeze

BuckHead

October 10, 2018, 07:52:46 pm #18 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:55:08 pm by BuckHead
Prescott only lost 1 of those fumbles lol I was there. I have the link to the full game if you need it. Snapped a 20 game home winning streak in the process. Film don't lie 🤷‍♂️

WHITEchicken

If he was having full body cramps he wouldn't have been walking the sideline the rest of the game. He might have had leg cramps at one point, but not full body cramps. If you have ever seen full body cramps you should know that snoopy.

snoopy22

Quote from: BuckHead on October 10, 2018, 07:52:46 pm
Prescott only lost 1 of those fumbles lol I was there. I have the link to the full game if you need it. Snapped a 20 game home winning streak in the process. Film don't lie 🤷‍♂️
says the guy who said you "held us to 190 yards".....yeah you did in the first quarter.  I've figured out you were not at the game.  We lost two and you scored two tds off both.  Ok please don't respond you keep getting dumber.

sax2play8

So your saying he went out the whole second half minus the first and last drive of the game because of cramps. Whether I believe that or not that's just funny. A senior qb who has D1 offers goes out of one of the most important games of the year because of cramps. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 thanks I needed a life today

BuckHead

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 10, 2018, 11:09:08 pm
says the guy who said you "held us to 190 yards".....yeah you did in the first quarter.  I've figured out you were not at the game.  We lost two and you scored two tds off both.  Ok please don't respond you keep getting dumber.
Haha. Ok if you say so. Those were stats I seen on a sports page so I could be wrong. I was the guy waving bye to your fans after they immediately disappeared during the final seconds. I'm Smackover alumni buddy but I don't currently live there. I've attended 2 smackover games this year and last Friday was my second. I'm the same guy that warned you about my cousin in previous post (#6). Film don't lie, just look for the guy waving bye to your sore loser fans. White shirt. 😁

KOJACK

Y'all have gotten so good at losing that you've forgotten how to win...smh ::)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BuckHead on October 11, 2018, 08:36:18 am
Haha. Ok if you say so. Those were stats I seen on a sports page so I could be wrong. I was the guy waving bye to your fans after they immediately disappeared during the final seconds. I'm Smackover alumni buddy but I don't currently live there. I've attended 2 smackover games this year and last Friday was my second. I'm the same guy that warned you about my cousin in previous post (#6). Film don't lie, just look for the guy waving bye to your sore loser fans. White shirt. 😁
Winning with class

football141414

Harmony Grove doesn't stand a chance against smackover

Carljung

Quote from: sax2play8 on October 10, 2018, 11:51:15 pm
So your saying he went out the whole second half minus the first and last drive of the game because of cramps. Whether I believe that or not that's just funny. A senior qb who has D1 offers goes out of one of the most important games of the year because of cramps. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 thanks I needed a life today
I think you need a life everyday. What's funny to me is a behind the screen badboy running his mouth about a kid.

HG Hornet

Quote from: football141414 on October 11, 2018, 11:03:41 am
On November 1, we'll have a better chance to beat them than any other team in the state. 

Hgalum50

Quote from: football141414 on October 11, 2018, 11:03:41 am
Welcome to the board almighty football guru!

sax2play8

My bad. Was laughing so hard I wasn't paying attention. Not trying to be a bad boy here talking bad about a kid. Just funny how right after the game Prescott fans said he was severely injured but now it's just cramps.
Quote from: Carljung on October 11, 2018, 11:35:41 am
I think you need a life everyday. What's funny to me is a behind the screen badboy running his mouth about a kid.

WHITEchicken

I think HG will be in trouble after coming off a game against Prescott.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 11, 2018, 01:30:25 pm
I think HG will be in trouble after coming off a game against Prescott.
I agree, they will be spent, win or lose.  The Smackover/HG is a Thursday night game too...quicker than normal turn around time.

Headhunter15

I think it's more or less that smack players played both sides of the ball and on the road and ironically Prescott's QB was the one cramping according to curly wolf faithful. And excuse all the random 2 day old bandwagon Smackover posters that are doing more chitter chatter than the vets

HG Hornet

Quote from: Horse Shoe on October 11, 2018, 03:21:50 pm
I agree, they will be spent, win or lose.  The Smackover/HG is a Thursday night game too...quicker than normal turn around time.
Very possibly so. 

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 11, 2018, 03:26:23 pm
Very possibly so.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm certainly not chalking this one up.  The Smack/HG game is always competitive.

WHITEchicken

It's has been closer than expected a few times. With it being a short week after Hg plays Prescott I don't see them pulling it out. We definitely got the long end of the stick in the schedule making process.

Smackover Fan

Smackover had 1 fumble recovery and an interception that resulted in scores if I remember right. CHG will absolutely be hindered by coming off of a Prescott game. I've got Smackover by 2 scores. It will be a nail biter until late. Smackover with home field advantage through playoffs to play for, and likely a cool night also in Smackover. CHG or whoever does scheduling had a lapse of judgement, because I really believe Smackover, CHG, and Prescott are all top 5 teams and any of the 3 could make a very convincing run for War Memorial. CHG has a point to prove, and in a perfect world (for Smackover) they wear themselves out while proving it to Prescott lol

imtie

We got some real winners showing up these days ::)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: imtie on October 11, 2018, 04:43:56 pm
We got some real winners showing up these days ::)

Yeah, tell me about it. I've been around when Smackover was losing games and weren't very good. 😅

BuckHead

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 11, 2018, 05:47:22 pm
Yeah, tell me about it. I've been around when Smackover was losing games and weren't very good. 😅
Me too lol (coach T era) Coach Rich was a good coach taking Smackover to the playoffs 6 years in a row. I wonder where he is now.

imtie

Tired of a 3 week span of cup cake games. Ready for this game.....

WHITEchicken

Yeah everyone in our conference besides smack grove and Prescott are not very good

JeffSavagIV

The difference in this game is that Smackover will be coming off of a 3 week stretch of Fouke, Genoa Central, and Bismarck while CHG will have just played Prescott and then have a quicker turn around than normal on top of that. Plus Smackover has more offensive playmakers than most teams CHG has seen. Boone's been solid but we still have Turner, Modica(s), Crockett, plus kids that have made a couple plays here and there on O like KJ, Biggers, #8. I haven't seen CHG play so I don't want to sound arrogant but I know that Smackover is hard for teams to match up with. Defensively Biggers and Modica have been all over the field all season and the secondary has a lot of speed. Moving Crockett to corner has been huge. All that being said I take Smackover 35-14 and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. #BuckPride

WHITEchicken

I can agree with everything savage just said.

CoolBreeze

It's hard to know how good CHG is. They are 1-1 against the only good teams they have played, both 2A and both close games. On the other hand, undefeated Smackover has dominated everyone they've played, except Prescott, including Junction City, which beat CHG in overtime. CHG may be the real deal or they may give only the illusion of being a top team due to playing a weak schedule thus far, a la Atkins. We'll find out in weeks 9 and 10.

Hgalum50

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 17, 2018, 11:10:22 am
It's hard to know how good CHG is. They are 1-1 against the only good teams they have played, both 2A and both close games. On the other hand, undefeated Smackover has dominated everyone they've played, except Prescott, including Junction City, which beat CHG in overtime. CHG may be the real deal or they may give only the illusion of being a top team due to playing a weak schedule thus far, a la Atkins. We'll find out in weeks 9 and 10.
You can't blame us for the schedule in conference especially. Fordyce is pretty good and JC is still good. Just remember the names Xaylon Falls, Kentrell Hill, and Shaun Lucas. Those are some of the athletes that CHG has. I ain't saying we win this game, but I don't think it a blowout either. Right now I give the edge to Smackover, because of the defense.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 17, 2018, 02:34:30 pm
You can't blame us for the schedule in conference especially. Fordyce is pretty good and JC is still good. Just remember the names Xaylon Falls, Kentrell Hill, and Shaun Lucas. Those are some of the athletes that CHG has. I ain't saying we win this game, but I don't think it a blowout either. Right now I give the edge to Smackover, because of the defense.
Fordyce and JC were the two good teams I referred to in my original post. They beat Fordyce and lost to JC. Nobody else they have played is above mediocre, if that. So, they are untested against solid 3A competition.

Smackover Fan

I'll get a little more into this. CHG is better than most think. In not sure if they are as good as the rest think though. CHG throws the ball a lot, and much like any other Smackover team in recent memory, Smackover really isn't the team you have a lot of success throwing against. I've seen passing and relying on speed to get outside from CHG, neither of which will be as successful at Smackover. I think that following a bye week it would be hard for CHG to get it done. Following a Prescott game? I just don't see it. I'll stick with my 2 score spread, though it could get out of hand if Smackover is hitting on all cylinders.

HG Hornet

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 17, 2018, 05:31:32 pm
So, they are untested against solid 3A competition.
You are 100% correct, and the Bucks were too until they beat Prescott, which was very much a quality win.  All we can do is eat cupcakes until it's time to try to eat some meat & potatoes.  It's coming.........

Hgalum50

Quote from: Smackover Fan on October 17, 2018, 05:54:31 pm
I'll get a little more into this. CHG is better than most think. In not sure if they are as good as the rest think though. CHG throws the ball a lot, and much like any other Smackover team in recent memory, Smackover really isn't the team you have a lot of success throwing against. I've seen passing and relying on speed to get outside from CHG, neither of which will be as successful at Smackover. I think that following a bye week it would be hard for CHG to get it done. Following a Prescott game? I just don't see it. I'll stick with my 2 score spread, though it could get out of hand if Smackover is hitting on all cylinders.
We really don't pass the ball that much, at least this year we haven't been. We do have the ability to throw though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas